• Published 3rd Mar 2020
  • 476 Views, 4 Comments

The Night Janitor: NEGATIVE Edition - Knox Locke



Knox, the janitor at the School of Friendship, had to go through a horrible experience involving the events of "School Daze." Now, he's out for vengeance. What exactly is his plan, and how far is he willing to go to execute it?

  • ...
6
 4
 476

Chapter 20: The Teller Of Tales

As a display of their power, in order to deter possible rebellions, the public was permitted entry to the Treehouse Museum. The main display at the museum was a large circle of statues in the main room. There was a statue of a griffon cowering in fear trying to cover his eyes. There was a statue of a young yak charging forwards to attack. There was a statue of a young earth pony who seemed to simply be standing there with a blank stare. There was a statue of a dragon, and one of a hippogriff. There was a statue of a small, weak-looking pony lying prone on the ground. There was a statue that appeared to be of an old unicorn hag. Historical figures also had statues here, such as Mage Meadowbrook, Flash Magnus, and Starswirl the Bearded. Directly across from the door, there was a statue of a former leader. She was standing in a proud position with her wings spread wide.

The centerpiece of the display, however, was the most spine-chilling part of the grotesque scene. On a slightly higher pedestal than all the other statues, save the princess at the far end of the room, was a crystal cage containing a weak pegasus. She was kept in fairly healthy condition, and she was even permitted to stretch her legs within the confines of the Treehouse at least twice a week.

Her name was Somnambula, but the visitors often referred to her as “the Teller of Tales,” for her job was to tell the tale of their rulers and all the positive things they’ve done for the nation ever since their rise to power. The job she had chosen for herself, however, was to tell the truth about the evils that led to their rise to power.

Nopony ever believed her. They’d all been told she was imprisoned for crimes against Equestria. She knew she’d never be freed. She would be considered too dangerous. After all, she knew the truth. Eventually, though, she would grow old, and the rulers would have their pet cockatrice turn her to stone. She yearned for the day she would be reunited with her friends in an endless silence.

The End.

Comments ( 4 )

How the heck did my story get a thumbs down before it even got a single view? :flutterrage: Well, I hope whoever actually reads it enjoys it! :pinkiesmile:

10114204
someone probably needs to (re)watch bridle gossip.
because someone probably just judged a book by its cover

by the way, i read this cause i am all caught up in the positive edition
also have a follow

10116298
Thank you for the support! :pinkiehappy:

I hope you continue to enjoy!

Login or register to comment