• Published 6th Mar 2020
  • 728 Views, 6 Comments

The Ledge - Officer_Sam



A man is compelled to walk a trail he's walked before.

  • ...
1
 6
 728

2 - The Ground

The mission is just beginning, come forth.

He was walking the pathway when he reached the opening door, he was embraced by bright light coming from the door as he walked into the doorway. He closed his eyes and suddenly he could feel the falling feeling again.

He opened his eyes, there was no light, no pathway, no door. He was falling, falling from the cliff in slow motion. He watched the world around him slow down, the colors changed to a darker shade, the colors seemed more natural. The sounds of nature were slowed down around him. How could he be hallucinating, at a time like this? He replayed the day in his head, wondering how this could all go wrong, but he was still falling in slow motion. The peacefulness slowly dissipated into calmness and boredom.

He couldn’t move, just think and helplessly watch as the top of the cliff got further from his view. Surprisingly, there was no flash of life in his eyes as he might have expected. He couldn’t recall any past memories as he fell, he could only think about how the day played out and the moment he reached the pathway. He slowly got bored of thinking, he just wanted the slow fall to stop.

Maybe if he just closed his eyes, he thought. So he closed his eyes as it got darker.

Suddenly a female’s voice from the darkness around him.

“It isn’t over yet. Your mission has just begun,” the voice echoed.

Suddenly he opened his eyes and woke up, he hit his head on the surface above him and decided to just lay still. He was surrounded by stone and some sorta fabric, like he was in a box. He could barely move about in this damned box. He tried to put his hands up and feel around for a way to get out or push something open. That's when the stone slab popped up as he pushed above him, as he pushed it off, it went from feeling heavy to lighter. Then a soft orange glow slowly illuminated him as he pushed the slab off the top of whatever he was in. The slab fell to the ground with a crash as he slowly sat up and rubbed his head, he looked around the room. There were two torches to the sides of him and a framed painting behind him, the painting was of someone, he couldn’t see the face in it though. It was also surrounded by flowers of all colours.

He realized as he got out of the stone box, that this was someone's burial spot. It didn’t feel like his, he didn’t remember dying, or is that something you even remember? But here he was, in a sealed stone tomb, somewhere in Equestria. The stone tomb was illuminated by the orange flickering glow of the torches, he could feel a slight draft of wind through the room. Engravings and writing were spread about the stone walls around him. Even the stone casket that lay on the slab in the center of the room had detail engraved onto it, along with someone's name which had crystal lettering.

He couldn’t see the name, he just saw letters in some weird order. He tried to focus on the letters and read them aloud, but he couldn’t understand the string of letters. So he just decided to continue to look around for an entrance, he then noticed what seemed like an entrance. There was a circle carved out in the wall with a round purple gem in the middle. He pushed against the gem and the stone door began to move down into the ground, the room flooded with sunlight as it dropped down. He put his arm up to block the sun's light from hitting him as his eyes adjusted from the darkness he was in, he slowly stepped out of the tomb.

Once his eyes adjusted he put his arm down and looked to his left and right. Next to him were two royal guards looking up at him in silver armor and with purple plumes on their helmet, both of them seemed to have gone white, like they’ve seen a ghost. They even dropped their spears on the ground in shock. Although, I guess they were usually white anyway, weren’t they? He looked around more, and saw that there was a staircase down from the entrance and a stone path that lead through a grassy field and a forest further back. He looked down at the staircase, it had all sorts of flowers and unlit candles on the sides of it.

Then he looked to the guards on his left and right, they were still in shock, staring at him. Even had their mouths hanging wide open.

“Um, Hello?” He said quietly as he tried to make a friendly smile.

“Y-you’re, You’re alive?” The guard stuttered trying to keep his mouth closed.

“I uh, believe so”, He said looking down at his body, now noticing he had a black suit on.

One of the guards fainted. The other just kept staring in awe and shock.

He also thought to himself, how is he alive? He doesn’t remember what happened, just that he went from falling to being here in a stone tomb. He noticed since he got out of the stone casket that he felt a bit stronger than normal and a bit pumped up, but he still can’t remember who he was or even if he had a name, but he could remember ponies and such.

His eyes were drawn to the staircase and he looked down and saw two guards approaching, both of them in the same armor as the ones next to him.Interestingly, he thought the guards usually wore gold. He shrugged to himself. The approaching guards looked up at him, they looked at eachother. A clear look of worry and shock was coming from them.

One of the guards turned around and ran down the path through the forest. The other approached him and studied him closely and walked around him to look into the open tomb. The guard talked to the standing guard as they all both looked in the tomb and back at him and back at their fainted comrade.

He then started to descend the staircase, the guards looked at him and couldn’t decide how to proceed, such a situation was never thought of.

He continued down until he stepped off onto a stone pathway before him.

It was then that he didn’t know why, but he felt compelled to travel the path ahead of him.

Author's Note:

I have unfortunately cancelled this, maybe one day I could try to come back and fix it up and continue. But for now, a sudden end.

Comments ( 4 )

that real good i want to see more very soon. i need it, i need more!

You reply to comments by moving your mouse over to the right hand side of the comment you want to reply to and clicking on the >> that appears. Didn't this used to have more chapters?

10123546
No, there is only the two currently

I found this story really good. I hope you write more on this. Or if not it sure makes the reader imagine where he will go.

Login or register to comment