• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 18,743 Views, 477 Comments

Spikes Journey - That Drunk Pony



This is gonna be my first fic about Spike and his exile from Ponyville

  • ...
18
 477
 18,743

Chapter 3: Canterlot III

“Fairy Dancer!!” Candy Dumpling said while rushing over to Spike and the hurt filly.

Before Spike could react to Candy the other filly said “Don’t tell Candy.” She then blacked out.

When she awoke she saw the dragon who saved her and Candy sitting next to her on her right. She was resting in a hospital bed. When she looked over to her right it was her daddy, Fancy Pants. To her surprise, her daddy was full of tears instead of his usual calm and refined attitude.

“Da- daddy?” She said still in confusion.

“Oh thank Celestia, she is awake.” Now crying even more he tried to express his joy with a hug. “I am so happy you are alive.”

Candy Dumpling then tugged on the dragon to let them have their space, so they both left the room and waited outside. Spike still in shock of the events that just took place turned to Candy who was still a little shocked herself.

“Spike what happened to her” she said staring directly into his emerald eyes.

Spike remembered she said something about not telling her, but he just couldn’t keep it a secret from Candy’s glare. “She told me she didn’t want me to tell you”

“But you have to. Please Spike, she is my best friend” still using her cute puppy dog eyes and then with a single tear Spike caved in.

“She was getting beat by two ponies. I barely got a look at their faces, but I did see they had their cutie marks. One was a comedy mask and the other had a tragedy mask like the ones at a theatre.”

Candy Dumpling had a very surprised look on her face. She seemed to recognize the cutie marks and then looked down at her feet. “Spike... I know those 2 ponies. They are the captain and co-captain of the theatre club. Their names are Tippy and Todd. Fairy Dancer was telling me she would do anything to join the club, but I didn’t expect that they would do this to her.”

Spike’s anger now reached its peak. He punched a wall causing a hole in it. Spike then was about to march off to find those two *even though he had no idea where to find them*, but was stopped by Candy.

“Spike I know your angry, but violence isn’t going to solve this.”

Spike then became a bit more level-headed, but was still angry. “It’s true, but I can’t just let that go. Those two need to get justice.”

“I know, but beating them will only make you look bad. I know you got kicked out of Ponyville, you don’t want that to happen here too. I would miss you.” She then looked as if she was going to tear up again until Spike put his hand on her head and rubbed it gently.

“Don’t worry about that. I wouldn’t want to lose any more friends” Spike said with a slight smile. With this Spike was now fully calmed. Just then Fancy Pants came out of the room and had a smile on his face.

“Well Mr... Spike was it? I want to thank you personally for rescuing my daughter. The doctor’s said that her condition might have been worse if she was brought in later.”

“Yeah, no problem Mr... Fancy was it” Spike said with a smirk on his face. Fancy and Candy then started to laugh a little. “What will you do about the party tomorrow?”

“Well it was supposed to be a party for my precious dancer, but I don’t know. Maybe I should postpone-”, but once he said this he was interrupted by his daughter.

“Wait... father... we can still have the party. I don’t want to disappoint my friends or you father. I am a strong little filly.” She said while still having a couple of bandages around her body and her hind legs.

“But Dancer, I want you to fully enjoy the party. It is for you.” Fancy quickly replied.

“I will enjoy it. Seeing the smiles on other faces is what makes me truly happy.”

“Oh I can’t win against you. Fine, we will have the party still. Although it is sad because you found your gift early.” he said while turning to Spike. He and Candy then put their hoofs to their ears.

Spike then looked confused at both ponies. In the next moment a loud screech of a yell which was heard all the way to Baltimare, Manehattan, and even Las Pegasus came out of little Dancer’s mouth. It was loud enough to wake even a hibernating dragon. Once the yelling stopped the two ponies took their hoofs out of their ears.

“A DRAGON!!!!” Dancer had said with such happiness.

Spike who was now paler than snow and having his eyes roll to the back of his head just stood frozen. The pain was so great that his mind still needed to process the rest of it. He finally came to after 10 minutes of being frozen rubbing his ears and noticing the young filly with a pen and book.

“I always wanted to meet a real life dragon. C- Can I have your Au- Au- Autograph?”

Spike with a confused face again gladly signed her book. She then hopped around saying “I met a dragon” over and over. Candy then whispered into his ear.

“She is a bigger dragon fan than I am. Probably the biggest fan in all of Equestria.”

They all began to laugh until the doctor came around wondering what happened. Fancy Pants then went to talk to the doctor and the two fillies were left with Spike. Things got serious real fast.

“Dancer, I know what happened. Why didn’t you want to tell me?”

Dancer now with a surprised look. “I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I didn’t want anypony sad. How did you find out?” she then looked at the dragon.

Spike now trying to look away from her glare and staring at the floor replied “It was me. I just couldn’t lie to her.” As Dancer was about to get furious, she was stopped by Candy.

“It wasn’t Spike’s fault. I really wanted to help you and sort of forced him to tell me.” The 2 fillies then hugged and dancer regained her composure.

Spike then broke the atmosphere by asking “So what are we going to do about Tippy and Todd?”

Dancer looked down. “Well I don’t think we should-.” She was interrupted by Candy.

“No we have to do something or they will think they can boss anyone around. Those two bullies need a good scare anyways.” Just then an idea sparked into her head. She then told the dragon and filly. They all agreed to the plan while grinning at the idea. Just then Fancy Pants came by and said he got the O.K. from the doctor to take his daughter home.

Fancy Pants and Dancer both said good bye to Spike and Candy as they both walked their separate ways. Candy was hopping as they walked back home sort of the way pinkie always hops instead of walks. They reached home to a worried Pony Joe.

“Spike and Candy, do you realize what time it is?” Pointing at the clock which said 11:30 pm.

Before Joe said another word Spike said it was all his fault that he wasn’t paying attention to the time as they were playing in the park. Joe then sighed and told his daughter to go to bed. She wanted to stay to help defend Spike, but even he pushed her to go. She slowly crept up the stairs and stopped to ease drop, but the dragon knew she would try something.

“Candy stop spying and go to bed” Spike said with a little annoyance in his voice. They both heard an “eep” and her climbing the rest of the steps.

“Tell me now, what really happened?” Joe said not buying his lie.

“Alright you got me.” Spike then explained what really happened and his face was just in shock.

“I am sorry Spike for being a bit rude. If I had known what you been through I wouldn’t have jumped the gun so much.”

“It’s fine. Not the first time a pony jumped the gun on me. At least you listened to my side of the story” Spike said looking down again.

“Was what happened in Ponyville really that bad?”

“I lost the trust of all the citizens and even my closest friends. Not even Twilight had any remorse for me and I was hoping she would listen, but nopony listened. They just gave me that horrible look. Their eyes of disappointment and fear” Spike started to have tears in his eyes. He then brushed them off. “Well that doesn’t matter anymore. I am no longer a part of Ponyville and soon I won’t have to deal with any more ponies after I talk to Celestia.”

Spike seemed really hurt so Joe didn’t pursue anymore. He couldn’t say it was all going to be better because that would just be a lie. He just patted the dragon on his back and offered him a donut. The dragon accepted the donut and watched Joe head upstairs to bed. Spike now alone just sat there at a table thinking about his past again and slowly passed out on the seat crying.