• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 18,741 Views, 477 Comments

Spikes Journey - That Drunk Pony



This is gonna be my first fic about Spike and his exile from Ponyville

  • ...
18
 477
 18,741

Chapter 9: Cloudsdale II

"What's wrong Spike? Did you forget that I live here?" She said as she lifted off the net that held him down. "Seriously, it hasn't been that long since we last spoke." She looked up and pondered how long it has been. "Its only been a few months." Then she lowered her head to Spike's face "or maybe you missed me that much?"

Spike just glared back, "I am just surprised to see you is all." Spike then got up and dusted himself off. "Besides it's not like I know where you live since being a wonderbolt means you travel all over Equestria. Weren't you supposed to already be at Baltimare anyways?"

"I guess that is true that we do travel all over Equestria. Also I am taking care of somepony so I had to stay along with..." Before she finished she looked up and down and noticed something different about Spike. "So my first question is how did you get those wings? I don't suppose you grew some in that short amount of time and secondly why did the Princess send you anyways? I was expecting her usual messenger."

"Well sorry, but you have to settle for me then." Spike snapped back. "Also about the wings, it is just a spell so you don't have to worry about me being a threat of being a better flier than you." Spike said with crossed arms and a smug look on his face to taunt at her.

"Oh well look who finally got a back-bone. Well you certainly have changed since our last visit. We should race so I can make you eat your words!" Fleetfoot replied with all her competitive juices flowing to her head.

"Well I would, but I already got arrested for racing and I don't want to go through that again." Spike said, even though he really just didn't want to race a wonderbolt. He has watched and studied almost all of the current wonderbolts. Enough to know he had a small sliver of a chance to win. "Besides I have to finish my delivery and then be on my way south."

"You are just being a chicken." She said to provoke him, but he was not budging. "Did the Princess make you her official messenger or something?"

"Nah. This is the only delivery I have to do and then I am leaving Equestria." Spike said calmly as he headed toward the delivery site.

Before she could show her reaction, another pony interjected and tackled Spike. "Oh Spike, you aren't in cuffs and whats this about you leaving!? You still haven't gotten a tour of Cloudsdale yet. I mean there is so much I wanted to show you and..." Fleetfoot then stuck her hoof out and stopped Surprise and her rambling.

"Spike. Why are you leaving Equestria? Did something happen? Are you going on a trip with some friends or something?" Fleetfoot asked worriedly. Spike then got off the ground again and dusted himself off with Surprise still on his back. He said nothing to her, but she could see it in his face that he was truly upset about something. "Spike. What's wrong?"

Spike then unwrapped Surprise's arms from his neck and set her down. He then said with an obviously fake smile, "Don't worry about it. I am just going on a little journey. I'm not leaving Equestria forever." Spike then continued walking as that smile quickly fell and turned serious.

Fleetfoot then dashed in front of Spike placed a hoof on his chest. "Spike. Tell me the truth."

There was a long silence between the two. A tumbleweed blew past by. The sound of munching from popcorn came from Surprise's mouth. Spike grabbed her hoof. As he lowered it he emphasized each word. "Don't. Worry. About. It."

Spike continued to walk forward, but Fleetfoot was just in shock. She then grabbed Spike and put him in a submission hold. "Tell me!"

"Why won't you let it go already!?" Spike said in retaliation. Surprise then came out with a referee uniform and watched as if it were a wrestling match. Spike then tapped out and Surprise rose Fleetfoot in the air.

"The winner by submission and still reigning champion is... FLEETFOOT!!!" Surprise yelled as confetti and cheers rained from all around. Spike rubbed his arm in pain, but then used the opportunity to escape. He snuck away and quickly rushed to his destination.

Fleetfoot was still caught up in the cheering that was coming from nowhere. "So Spike, are you gonna tell me..." She lowered her head to where her mane was covering her face a little. She had a snarl on her face as she burst into a rage yelling, "SPIIIIIKE!!!"

Spike saw the clouds shift in the opposite direction when he heard the sound. That was a signal for Spike to go faster. Spike began flying as fast as he could to Spitfire's home. There he could hide away from Fleetfoot and hopefully escape out of Cloudsdale alive.

He was so pumped full of adrenaline that by the time he saw Spitfire's home he had already gone faster than he has ever done flying, even though he only has flown like 5 times properly. Even though he felt like he was flying at high speeds he could hear Fleetfoot drawing closer in a bit of a rampage. He was both confused and shocked at how angry she was over something so small.

Spike was too distracted by Fleetfoot's chase that he smashed right through Spitfire's door. He even continued into her kitchen. When he stopped he was outside in a patch of cloud of her backyard, upside-down, and confused. He then heard Fleetfoot enter the home yelling "SPIKE! WHERE ARE YOU!?"

Spike took cover in a cloud bush in hopes he wouldn't be seen. Then he heard an even louder yell. "WHAT THE-!? FLEETFOOT FRONT AND CENTER!" Spike heard then a fluster of hoof steps. "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DOOR!! AND JUST LOOK AT THE KITCHEN"

"But Captain..." Fleetfoot tried to plead.

"No, I don't want to hear excuses. Now just go and find that messenger." It was obvious the pony was severely sick since her voice, even when she yelled, sounded very sickly although Spike could tell it was Spitfire*cough* WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?"

Spike then heard an intense gust of wind rushed out of the house. It sounded either fearful or very angry. "I pray to Celestia, that wasn't anger.", but it was her anger. Spike then got out of the bush and went around the house and knocked on the front door to avoid suspicions.

Before the door opened Spike heard the mare inside grumbling, "Fleetfoot, you better be back here with that messenger otherwise I am going to..." but then the mare inside opened the door and saw the a purple dragon outside her door. She just had a confused look and it was silent between them for a good two minutes.

Spike then took the initiative since she clearly wasn't going to, "Um, ...hi?"

"Hello?" Spitfire didn't know what to say since she was not expecting a dragon and he seemed rather young. She didn't want to yell since he might be an infant. She really didn't know the aging process for dragons and such.

The whole situation just seemed awkward. Spike just went out with it since he didn't really have time to play around. "Um, look Spitfire. I was here to deliver this medicine and I really need to go." He then handed over the medicine and then as he turned around to leave he began saying "I am glad to have met you at least once. I am a big fan of the wonderbolts and to meet the amazing Spitfire herself."

"Well, I can't say that I was expecting the Princess to have a dragon deliver a package." Spitfire was still a bit lost for words. "Well, thanks for delivering this and its nice to know that I even have a dragon fan as well."

"Alright, see ya later then..." As Spike finished the sentence he saw Rainbow Dash flying around town. His mood went from happy to terrified instantaneously. Spike then jumped right into Spitfire's home. Spitfire thought he was trying to attack or something so she immediately threw him away.

Spitfire in a quick rage yelled, "WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU!?"

Spike then explained as he hid behind her couch, "I am hiding from somepony out there."

Spitfire took a look outside and saw only a few pegasi flying about. One in particular seemed as if she was searching for something. "Did you mean Rainbow Dash?"

"Yes." Spike said shamefully.

"Why would you be hiding from her? Is this a game or something?"

"No, things happened in Ponyville and well I just can't see her or any of the other harbors of the Elements of Harmony. I just need to escape out of Equestria and I will be free."

"Are you wanted or something?"

"No it's a complicated story. Did you ever hear about Ponyville getting attacked?"

"Yeah, but that was weeks ago."

"Well, they blamed me for that and exiled me. I wanted to leave Equestria forever, but I wasn't expecting to run into Rainbow Dash. It feels like years since I saw her even if its only been a month or so. I don't think I can handle seeing her again. She will probably just yell more and turn all the, already angry, pegasi at me."

"Did you really do it?"

"No. Somepony or something framed me and I wasn't really given much chance to defend myself at trial. They felt I was too young for ‘other options' so they exiled me." Spike then took a look outside and saw that Rainbow Dash was gone. *sigh* "I should already be in dragon territory right now, but certain things happened and now I am a delivery boy for the Princess."

"Well that sounds like an adventure."

"More like a painful journey."

"Well whatever you call it, it seems like it isn't over yet. Well Mr..." She signaled him to introduce himself.

"Oh! I'm Spike."

"Okay, Spike, what's next for you? You can't just hide forever in my house from Rainbow Dash."

"I suppose that is true."

Just then they heard knocking on the door. Spike jumped into a closet. Spitfire then tried to convince Spike to just face her. "Come on Spike. Take it like a dragon. Not a bunny." Spike wouldn't budge so she took it from verbal fire to physical. She dragged Spike out of the closet by his tail while his claws dug deep on the cloud-like carpet.

Spike protested constantly yelling "No! Please stop it! I don't wanna be a dragon! I am a bunny! Don't tug on my tail! Somepony save me!"

When they got to the door, Spitfire opened it and Spike just turned away in horror. When he heard nothing he turned around to see it was Surprise and Fleetfoot at the door with blushes on their faces. Spitfire just turned her head in confusion, "What? Something wrong?"

Fleetfoot and Surprise both have their mouths open in shock at what they were hearing inside. Then seeing Spike huddled up and about to break out in tears just made it look much worse. Fleetfoot's face grew redder than before and nearly passed out from all of her visions of what might have happened.

Spike then broke the silence by saying, "Oh thank Celestia! It's just you two." He got off the floor and dusted himself off. Fleetfoot and Surprise couldn't even... they just can't begin to understand what was going on. "So what brings you both here?"

Surprise answered since Fleetfoot was lost in her extraordinary imagination. "Well Spike, we came here to find you. Fleetfoot was about to tear Cloudsdale apart. She seemed really steamed about something."

"Oh, right." Spike remembering what he did earlier and then let Fleetfoot take the fall for it. He thought to himself. ‘How unmanly was that!? I can't believe I let that happen.' "Fleetfoot. I'm sorry for what happened earlier." Fleetfoot was still in a trance, lost in her crazy thoughts, but creepily beginning to start getting a nosebleed while smiling.

Spike didn't hear anything so he thought that she was still angry. Spike then latched on to her front hooves and began to grovel, kiss, and beg at her for forgiveness. What Spike didn't know was that Fleetfoot, much like Rainbow Dash, didn't like having her hooves touched by another. She immediately snapped out of it to see Spike kissing her hooves like a mad stallion in love. With her face redder than ever, she lifted her hoof and that was all Spike saw before blacking out.

Spike awoke on a cloud in the night. Nothing unusual since he was in Cloudsdale, but the cloud was dark like a storm cloud. Underneath was Cloudsdale with a light that looked like either sunrise or sunset, but that didn't make sense that the glow would come from underneath him. As he looked at Cloudsdale he saw that everything was on fire. As he was about to descend down to the city, he was held down by somepony behind him.

"SPIKE!!! You just couldn't be satisfied with attacking Ponyville! Now you even set fire to Cloudsdale!?" the mysterious, but familiar mare stated. "Now I will make sure that no pony else will get hurt ever again."

Spike turned around to see Rainbow Dash with a malicious smile and a weapon of some sort. Spike barely dodged it and tried to talk to her, "RAINBOW DASH!! We don't have time for accusations or fighting! We need to help out those in Cloudsdale!"

"Oh don't worry about them Spike. Once you're finished, no pony will have to worry anymore." Rainbow said turning around slowly.

Before Spike could give a response he heard the cries of a few pegasi. He recognized right away Surprise yelling for help. Spike then stared down Rainbow Dash, "Well for the element of Loyalty, you seem real loyal to your hometown." Spike said to provoke the mare. Rainbow Dash then charged at him as he charged right back. It caught Rainbow Dash off guard a little, but she continued. Before they collided, Spike vanished.

What happened was that Spike just flew through the cloud they were on to sneak by and help out Surprise. When Spike found Surprise and Spitfire, he noticed they were trying to lift a pony out of trouble. "Surprise! I am on the way!!" Spike landed by and helped lift the log that trapped the pony. Spitfire went in an helped the hurt pony.

Spike only now noticed it was Fleetfoot before he heard a loud boom. Spike turned around to see Rainbow Dash coming at high speeds. Spike then gave the order, "Surprise and Spitfire! Get her out of here! I got something I need to do." With only a head gesture the 3 pegasi left for a shelter.

Rainbow Dash had stopped in the center of the city where things were burning all over. Spike was just on the opposite side staring her down. "Rainbow Dash. You don't want to do this."

"Spike. After all that you did. I want this more than anything!" Rainbow yelled as she readied herself for another charge.

"More than becoming a Wonderbolt!?" Spike's tears started to appear.

"Way more than that!!" She charged as she said this with pure rage in her eyes.

"Then you aren't the Rainbow Dash I once knew." Spike dropped his stance and just stood there.

Rainbow Dash stopped and looked confused. "What are you talking about?"

"RAINBOW DASH!! LOOK AROUND WILL YOU!!!" Spike pointed out the burning homes and how some ponies are flying to safety, "The Rainbow Dash I knew would never allow this to happen. She was loyal to her friends and was always there to lend a hoof to those in need. Your passion was to join the Wonderbolts to join the best fliers and to BE the best flyer in all of Equestria. That is why I say you aren't the real Rainbow Dash."

The words seemed to have a real effect on her as she backed away a bit, but then she shook her head and charged once more. Spike, however, didn't protest. He just stood there open arms like he was ready to go. "Just remember Rainbow that if you kill me now that you will be killing an innocent dragon."

Spike then woke up sweating bullets on Spitfire's couch. He looked around and grabbed his head. It was hurting like he had trampled on. Spike then took notice that Spitfire, Surprise, and Fleetfoot seemed having a serious conversation in the next room.

Spike rolled out of the couch and quietly got down. He then snuck to the door to listen in. He knew it was wrong, but curiosity never hurt anyone. Spike then remembers a time he *accidentally* saw Rarity take a shower. Spike also remembers the hoof mark it left him. Normally Twilight or some medicine could have cleaned that mark up quickly, but Spike insisted that he keep it as long as he could since it was a mark from his love.

Spike snapped out of it and listened in. He heard Spitfire speak first, "Alright girls. That's all I know about him. So will you help out now?"

Spike could barely make out all the words so he then got closer. He began to think, ‘Were they talking about me?'

Fleetfoot then was next, "I feel so bad for Spike. I can see why he didn't want to talk about it."

"Yeah." a sad Surprise said, but almost instantly turned it around, "How about we throw him a PARTY!!"

"I don't think that's what he needs right now." Fleetfoot stated.

Surprise then tried to convince her with crazy ideas. "We could invite all of Cloudsdale!"

"Why would they all come for a random dragon messenger. It's not like he was famous for anything."

"Well how about... A RACE!!"

"Remember that Spike is trying to avoid attracting attention?"

"Then how about a private party for just the 4 of us and we can use Spitfire's home."

"Hmm, well I guess that could work."

The two mares looked at Spitfire for approval "What?" The two then started using the puppy dog eyes with a single tear. "I'm not gonna authorize that." As a final attempt they used the under lip quiver and even bigger eyes. "Fine, but try to leave the damage to a minimum."

Spike then came out from his hiding spot and began to speak. "Look, its alright. You don't have to throw me a party." The others were a little shocked. "Thanks for your concerns though. It seems pretty late so I should just get going. I doubt Rainbow Dash is out there at this time. She does love to sleep."

As Spike turned around he gets tackled down by Surprise. "NO!! We have to have at least one party! Just one." She was really sad at the idea of Spike just leaving like that.

Spike then tried to calm her down. "It's ok Surprise. When I come visit next time, we can party all you want. I promise."

Surprised then wiped a tear off, "Re- really!?"

"A dragon doesn't go back on his promises. It's dragon code." Spike said with a proud look. "Well I guess it is time I go." As Spike opened the front door, he saw Rainbow Dash questioning some ponies on the next cloud over. He immediately took cover behind Spitfire.

"Real manly there Spike." Spitfire said sarcastically. "I think we need a plan to get you out of Cloudsdale first."

Fleetfoot then offered an idea, "Well the Wonderbolts come back in like a week. Since Rainbow Dash is such a huge fan we can use them as a distraction."

Spike then brought a problem to the table. "Um, my wings are temporary and they only last for a few more days."

"Shoot."

"Well, why can't you distract her Fleetfoot."

"Uh" Fleetfoot recalls a bad experience she had with a fan. Lets say it ended up with a broken bat. "I can't. I get ... shy around fans."

Spitfire then gave her advice, "Alright, I got a plan. Here is what we will do." The others drew close around Spitfire. "Okay, I will distract Rainbow Dash."

"But Captain, that medicine won't work that fast. Don't you think you might be too sick to do it?" Fleetfoot responded concerned for her friend.

"I might be a little sick, but I can handle one pegasus. I have to drill hundreds almost daily, you don't think I can handle one fan. Besides we don't have much choice." The others wanted to say something back, but she was right and Spitfire is scary when she is serious. "Alright then, we should start as soon as possible. Surprise and Fleetfoot. Make sure you escort him without bringing attention and this should be nice and easy."

They all nodded, but then Spitfire's stomach began to growl. Surprise then suggested, "How about after we get something to eat?" they all nodded again. Spike couldn't leave the house so he stayed to watch over Spitfire while Surprise and Fleetfoot went to bring the grub.

Spike then went to clean the mess that the others seemed to have forgotten when he crashed landed in the house. Spitfire offered to help, but Spike made sure that she had enough rest since she was still weak. Spitfire just laid there on the couch, watching some old videos from her days as a new Wonderbolt.

Before she knew it, Spike already had finished cleaning the kitchen. To him it was a simple mess from what he dealt with on a regular basis at the Library, but Spitfire was shocked. "I finished my duties mam!" Spike said mockingly with a salute.

"Very funny. Well there's nothing much left to do except wait."

"Yeah." After a few minutes of watching the videos, Spike sat there in amazement the entire time. He always did enjoy the Wonderbolts, but he had never seen the older generation of the Wonderbolts. Looking at the Wonderbolts though, reminded him of Rainbow Dash however. Spike also remembers the bizarre dream he had earlier and it gave him shivers.

"Say Spitfire."

"Yeah?"

"Do you think Rainbow Dash has a chance of becoming a Wonderbolt?"

"Hmm..." She paused for a moment and pondered the question. "Well Spike, there isn't a guarantee, but her chances are pretty high. When we saw how well she was in the physical portion, it made us believe she would be a perfect wing ponies. She seemed to enjoy the freedom, which drove us to that early decision, but when she also showed amazing leadership. It made us reconsider our quick judgement. When she first applied, she was very agile and swift, but she was in it for herself. She matured a lot since that time and I now can see her becoming maybe even the next Captain. Don't tell her I said that though. It may go to her head."
-Somewhere in Cloudsdale-

*Sneeze* Rainbow Dash rubbed her nose. ‘What was that about? Whatever, I got to find Spike and hurry. The others are counting on me.'

-Back to Spitfire's house-

"Don't worry Spitfire." Spike did the gesture for a Pinkie Promise "I promise."

Spitfire gave a confused look, but he said he promised and that was good enough for her.

Spike then asked a question out of the blue. "Say Spitfire. What happened when I blacked out?"

Spitfire recalls exactly what happened. She's surprised that Spike is still alive. Fleetfoot sure did a number on him. "Uhh... We don't know exactly." She tried her best to lie, but she was a poor liar when it was spontaneous. She noticed Spike eyeing her like he didn't buy it. She then tried to change the topic, "Well Spike, I am going to go get some juice from the fridge so I will be back." She gave a weak laugh and then dashed to the kitchen.

Spike's curiosity peaked. He then began to pester her until she spilled the beans. "Come on. Just tell me. It's not gonna hurt anypony or me so just say it. Say it." What Spike failed to realize was that Spitfire doesn't take pestering well. All that was heard was a loud cry for help.

Fleetfoot and Surprise were at the door again when they heard the cries. When they entered, it was not what they expected. The found Spike tied up with Spitfire on top of his stomach to pin him down while taping his mouth shut. Fleetfoot's imagination ran wild once more.

Spitfire looked down and realized that it didn't look right. "Um, I can explain this... Spike was asking questions about ... things and he wouldn't stop bothering me..."

Fleetfoot's trance then broke when she heard that. "So you tied him up and tapped his mouth?"

"I know it wasn't the best course of action, but I wasn't really thinking alright." Spitfire actually showed some genuine weakness around her for the first time. It made Fleetfoot happy that Spitfire showed some emotion other than being tough.

Surprise's stomach then caused an awkward silence. "Anypony else want pizza!? We got a bunch of cheesy pizzas!"

Spike asked, "What's a pizza?"

Surprise put on her Italian outfit and began speaking in a terrible Italian accent. “It’s cheese on dough with squished tomatoes in between. Then cooked to perfection. I have no idea where I got the idea for it though. It just came to me I guess."

Reluctant to try the odd mix of food, Spike tried the first bite. That first bite was a golden moment for him. Once the others saw Spike alright, they tried it. By the time they finished, they were too tired and stuffed to follow through with the plan, so they passed out and put it off for tomorrow.

Spike, however, was still a little shaken from his last dream. He just watched out the open window at Luna's white moon. Looking at it gave him peace of mind as he gradually fell asleep next to the other mares.

Author's Note:

*For those reading the end you should get your mind out of the gutter.* Anyway there is more chapters coming for this story. I just had no mojo until recently.

Also we aren’t finished with Twilight and friends. Stay tuned for the next chapter.