• Published 15th Feb 2020
  • 230 Views, 4 Comments

Dreams and shadows - principessaluna



The two sisters are bored with their lives in Canterlot, and decided to run off and go on an adventure. (Set before season 9)

  • ...
 4
 230

chapter 3

"This feels quite realxing..", Celestia told herself as she sank deeper into the hot water. "Japan is the next stop we will run away to. Japan is beautiful especially in spring, with all the cherry blossoms. Sadly this only a dream...", Celestia took a deep breath and dove into the water and came up.

She got out of the water and started to walk into a forest full of cherry blossoms. "Mhm... Luna really gave me a pleasent dream. I should thank her when I wake up in the morning. Even if we're on vacation, she always takes care of others.", Celestia mentally noted her statement.

As she passed by more trees, her hair was full with cherry blossoms. The sun princess smiled. It has been a while since she truly felt relaxed. With all that work on her hooves, she hasn't gotten much free time, and she's glad she gets to spend it with her sister. Suddenly a shadow past by... Celestia tried to follow the shadow but lost it.

"Who could have been the shadow?", she asked herself. As she kept walking and enjoying the breeze, she saw the shadow again. She stopped and screamed "Who are you?" Suddenly out of the shadow comes a pony, to be specific, an unicorn.

"Hello Celly...", the mysterious unicorn said.

"Jackie?", Celestis said out of surprise.

"Yes, want to walk with me?", he asked with his charm.

"Uh.. sure!", and so Celestia and Jackie continued their walk.

"Why is he in my dreams?", the sun goddess asked herself.

Luna who was flying over them, as she was watching Celestia's dream, saw Jackie too. "Jackie? It sounds so familiar.", the dream keeper thought to herself.

"So, what have you been up to?", Jackie asked.

"Well... I have a school for gifted unicorns, I rule Equestria with my sister Luna...", she explained all what happened since they last saw each other.

"As pleasing as this sounds, I must get going.", he said with a wide smile. As he left, everything turned black and Celestia saw Luna dead on the ground. Celestia's hooves were full with blood and on the wall was written: "YOUR FAULT".

Tia woke up screaming and bathed in cold sweat. Luna woke up too and gave Celestia a worried look. "Everything okay sister?", Luna asked calmly.

"I-I just had a nightmare, that's all...", Celestia tried to lie. Luna dropped the subject and hugged her sister.

"We should probably get a few more hours of sleep before we leave.", Luna said. They both snuggled again and fell asleep.

Meanwhile...

"My plan is working out quite well!", Jackie said as he got back from Celestia's dream. Jackie learnt that spell after he lost touch with Celestia. They used to be childhood friends. Starswirl and his parents used to be friend. They met once a week to have some tea and chat. Celestia and Jackie used to play a lot, while Luna was focused trying to improve her magic. Of course, they teased her all the time. At some point Luna got jealous of them.

And that led to Luna becoming to Nightmare Moon and Celestia slowly distanced herself from Jackie. Jackie on the other hand, didn't know about the struggles between the sisters, so he thought that Celestia thought that he wasn't worth being her friend.

After Celestia banished her sister to the moon, she lost touch completely with Jack. Few months later Jack's parents died and he took over the family business. They were nobel ponies, they ran in the tax buisness, Jack still does 'till this day. After he took over the business, he started to practice more magic to manipulate dreams of others,

And after he started that, he was known as "Shadow knife". Because Jack was only seen as a show, which vanished with a sound of a knife. He looked at the picture of Celestia and him. "Soon you'll be mine again, nothing and no one will come between us, I promise.", he said to himself and smiled. He checked the clock, it said 3 am. "I should get back to sleep, today will be a long day, full with taxes...", he sighed and went back to sleep.

Back to the princesses...

They fell back to sleep. After a few hours they woke up. Celestia's eye bags had eye bags.
"Ugh... My head hurts.", the sun goddess complained.

"Want some tea?", a voice asked which wasn't Luna's voice.

"Ye-... Wait...", Celestia turned around and saw that it was Discord instead of Luna. "DISCORD WHERE IS LUNA AND WHY ARE YOU HERE?!?", she screamed at him. "Ow... my head...", Tia whispered.

"Well...", Discord started. "Luna is still in the dream realm, and I am here because you two really thought you could away with such a letter? And the fact that Raven had to make up a lie for the two of you, how disappointing. You should have known better Celestia.", Discord said with a serious face. Celestia rubbed her face and grabed the letter with her magic.

"Note to myself; never let Luna write another letter EVER again.", Celestia noted mentally as she read the letter. She let the letter disappear infront of them. As Celestia wanted to start talking again, Luna came back from the dream realm.

"Oh great...", Luna muttered underneath her breath. Discord let out an evil laugh. "uhm...", Luna started, "It's time to raise the sun Celestia.", Luna explained.

After they did their duty, they came back to pack their things.

"What do you want Discord?", Luna asked. Discord thought for a moment.

"How come that I didn't get invited to your vacation?", he asked.

Celestia let out an annoying sigh. "Because this is a SISTER vacation. The last time I checked you weren't a sister of ours.", Celestia tried to explain calmly. And as we all know Discord, he transformed himself into Celestia's and Luna's mother.

"I am very disappointed with you.", Discord said in the mother's voice.

"Don't play games with us Discord.", Luna said as she started to charge her magic.

Discord transformed back. "Fine, fine...", Discord gave in.

And so... The sisters had to figure out a plan to get rid of Discord.

Author's Note:

The chapter is short, and no, I am not dead. Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to @shimmeringsun
Hope you enjoyed it!

Comments ( 2 )

This could be the reason why Celestia and Luna decided to retire.

Aww great chapter! I loved it!

Login or register to comment