• Published 3rd Dec 2019
  • 879 Views, 54 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Our Will (rewrite) - AngryPenguin



Raised above the cloud curtain, Lietenant Sienna has been dropped in the wasteland thanks to a failed rescue mission. Now, she's in unfamiliar territory and being threatened by a mysterious villain. Can she help her new friends before it's too late?

  • ...
4
 54
 879

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10: Mental State

"The mind is such a terrible thing to lose..."

Dreams. Do they have to be so weird? Again, I opened my eyes in confusion...

The mattress was oddly soft. Too soft. No, it wasn't the bed. It was a cloud. I looked around to see nothing but blue sky. I sat on the cloud curtain, except this one wasn't gray and lifeless. It was white and fluffy. The brightness around me was almost blinding. I guess I had already gotten used to the dullness of the wasteland. I slowly stood on all fours, using my wings to balance myself. I didn't see the sun, anywhere. Strange.

I sighed. "Great. Another dream. Can't I just stay in reality?"

"Sia."

I turned so fast, I almost fell. Nico stood a few yards away, smiling at me. My breath escaped me. He was there! Who cared if it was a dream? I broke into a run towards him. Unfortunately, he faded into nothing and was replaced by the princess of the night. I slid to a stop in front of her. I was secretly angry, but I wouldn't dare let her know that.

She smiled, sadly. "I'm sorry, Sienna. I figured you wanted to see his face one last time. I didn't mean to cause more pain."

I looked down. "It's fine. I don't really know what I was expecting."

She said nothing, but simply shared my remorse.

"Your highness, is he really..." I didn't finish that sentence. I figured she knew, anyway.

"I'm sorry. I truly don't know." She answered.

I saw it. The uncomfortable shift in her posture. She swallowed, nervously. Something wasn't right, here. I was going to find out.

Luna, forgive me if I'm wrong.

"You're the princess of dreams. If you're able to be in my dreams, wouldn't you know if he was still able to dream?"

She flattened her ears. "I..."

"If a piece of your soul is still alive, you should still be able to see dreams. Even if you are physically... not able." I accused.

She started backing away.

"You'd know if he's alive!" I pointed, menacingly. "Unless, you aren't really Princess Luna!"

A wince. Seems I've struck a nerve.

I glared daggers at the phony. "Who are you? Why are you in my head?!" I shook my head, trying to end the dream.

"Sienna! Darling, please!" Her voice changed. It became higher pitched with a posh accent. "I'm so sorry. I truly am. I was just so afraid that if I had shown who I was... you might not trust me." She closed her eyes. "Nopony else did."

I narrowed my eyes.

"I swear, everything I've said about the pearls is the truth. Silky didn't know about the power they held. Not a lot of ponies did." Her voice cracked a little, as she fought back memories. "I had made so many mistakes. The pearls. My ministry. That cursed black book... I wanted to make life better for us! I did, but I was... The pink cloud. The sacrifice I had to make for my best friend... I'm still haunted. Wondering what happened to her." She shook her head. "None of that matters, right now. I want to make things right!"

"Who are you, really?" I asked.

She let out a breath, then the breeze picked up as her mane flowed around her. Luna's tall form shrunk into a smaller pony. Her wings disappeared and her horn shrunk, as well. The beautiful blue coat changed to brilliant white and her deep purple mane curled, delicately around her face. I gasped when the crescent moon cutie mark was replaced with three diamonds.

"R-Rarity?" I almost fainted.

She dusted herself off and flipped her mane. "Of course, darling. It is really me, this time, I promise. After I learned that soul jar spell, I decided to put a part of me in the necklace you have. None of that was a lie. The only lie was my identity." She coughed. "Of course, that wasn't a very good lie. I hope I made Applejack proud. The dreaming, the shapeshifting, though. I had to use... other dark magic to weave into the soul jar spell, but I succeeded." She smiled. "Thank you, by the way. I heard you were my biggest fan."

I couldn't speak. Rarity was talking to me.

She stepped closer, concerned about my silence. "Er, Sia?"

I blinked. "I-I'm sorry, I just need a moment to process this." I had to calm myself. "I would have much rather spoken to you than Princess Luna. I mean... She is- was our leader, but you? You have given me so much inspiration throughout my life. Oh! I have your sewing machine from Silky!" I squeed, putting my hooves on my cheeks. "I can't believe this!"

She chuckled. So ladylike! "It is beautiful, isn't it? My auntie had it in her attic for the longest time. You keep it, now. Obviously I have no use for it, anymore."

"Wait. Nico lives in your aunt's house?!" I slumped. "Lived..."

She nodded. "I noticed it when you put the necklace on. I can see what you see, so long as the gem faces forward."

I paused. "Can you see my dreams?"

She cleared her throat, flushing. "Um. No." Another lie, obviously.

Oh, goddesses kill me. Rarity saw... that?!

"Anyway, you've learned the pearls are in Silky's boutique. Now, all you've got to do is find them and leave me next to them. I'll do the rest." She instructed.

I thought for a few seconds. "You said you were going to use them to save Equestria. Why can't we just do that? The wasteland... It would be cured!"

The ministry mare held my hoof. "I'm afraid that isn't possible. The dark magic would mix with the taint and radiation and other things. It would create an even bigger mess." Her eyes fell. "It's amazing what you can learn after death."

I groaned. "Is there anything? Anything that can... make it better?"

"I'm not sure. The only thing you can do is your best. One pony can make a difference." She reassured me, then let go of my hoof. "You'll be waking soon."

"Wait. And Nico?" I teared up. "You must know something. Please."

Rarity stood and backed up, dipping her head. "I don't know everything, but here, I can give you a little closure. It's my gift, for trusting me."

Just as I was about to ask what she meant, her horn glowed white. Nico reappeared next to her. He opened his eyes, confused at first, but smiled when he saw me. I couldn't hold the dam anymore. Water poured from my eyes as I ran and hugged him. He didn't feel as warm as he was supposed to be, but it was close enough. "Please, come back. Can you? Please?"

"He can't speak to you, darling. He's just a... personified figure of your memory. It's the closest I could give you." Rarity said, behind him. "I'm sorry."

I pulled away and looked at his face. "Nico? Are you alive? Are you coming back?"

He just continued to stare, his smile falling.

I sighed. "Of course."

He grabbed my hoof and held it for a while, giving me that smirk. I half-smiled. "I know, I know. You want to say something sarcastic, don't you?"

He nodded.

Rarity chuckled and looked up. The sky was dimming. "You're waking up, Sia. I wish you the best, truly. I shall return, soon."

She and Nico began to fade. I held on to him for dear life, but it was no use. They disappeared, and left me on the clouds. No, I take that back. I wasn't on the clouds. I was falling!

This is getting old.

I flapped my wings, but they wouldn't catch any draft. Before I hit the ground though, I awoke with a startle.

Back to the room. A little bit of light trickled through the paper-covered windows. Redd was still asleep on the chair. I jumped to my hooves, ignoring the gnawing pain in my chest. My saddle bag was crumpled on the floor next to the door. I found Bob and a gem cartridge and slammed it home. It was my last, so I had to use it sparingly. I started to walk towards Redd but stopped next to Nico's saddlebags. Slowly picking them up, I stared, not letting any tears fall. It still smelled like him. I held it close to me for a second before throwing it over my own, smaller bags. Taking a deep breath, I hovered over to Redd.

"Hey, Redd." I poked him.

He didn't move.

"Redd!" I shoved him.

"Not now, Mom." He snored.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his wing, twisting it slightly.

"AH!" He hopped up, looking around, frantically. He rested his look on me. "Why'd you do that? That hurt!"

"You wouldn't wake up!" I bellowed. "Now, come on! We've got work to do."

"Now? I thought-"

"I can't wait any longer! If I keep sitting here moping I'll kill hundreds!" I yelled

He blinked, then threw on his gear with no objection.

You're such a bitch, Sia.

I shook the thought. We left the Inn, said our goodbyes, and flew towards the sky. When we were at a steady speed, I approached the quiet stallion. "Redd. I'm sorry for acting like that. I have no excuse. You don't deserve that."

He refused to look at me. "It's okay."

"Why won't you look at me?"

No answer. Just the sound of wind rushing past us.

"Redd?"

He finally caved and grabbed my shoulders. "What did you dream about last night? It's been bothering me, but I couldn't ask because I figured it wasn't the right time. Ifyoudon'twannasayitIunderstand!"

We had stopped flying just so I could get a grip on his words. When it finally dawned on me, my cheeks lit up like a Hearth's Warming tree. "I-I..."

He blushed, too. "I need to know."

"Why?"

"You've never heard that dreams, sometimes, tell your future?"

I took off, him following me.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable, but you were saying my name. So technically... It's my business, too." He grinned, wide. Almost pleading.

I puffed out my cheeks in frustration. "It was a... good dream. Let's put it that way."

"Sooo... we had..." He gestured for me to finish.

"No. No sex." I smirked. "That's what you told me in my dream."

He hit himself the head. "Stupid, stupid, stupid."

Trying to hide my giggles, I put a hoof by my muzzle.

"It's nice to see you laugh." He smiled. "So... we kissed?"

"Yes."

"Made out?"

I rolled my eyes, ready to disappoint him. "We were so close to doing it, but then you woke me up."

I'm sure the entire country heard his angry yell.



For a while, I shut down my brain and thought of absolutely nothing. My thoughts only held me back. I couldn't let that happen. The morning air blew my bangs back. In the distance, I could make out the outline of a mountain. It was barely visible, but if you looked closely you could see a pink smog circling around one side of it. According to the Pipbuck, Canterlot Ruins was located there. I didn't even want to think of what secrets were there. I remember DJ Pon3 mentioned alicorns. Would they have come from there? It was kind of scary to wonder if something with that kind of power was just lurking around. If it wasn't the princesses, anyway.

Thunder exploded right above us, followed by another sudden downpour. I hate the rain.

"We should find shelter until the storm passes." Redd's voice was loud enough to hear over the storm.

"Later!" I had to yell.

"We can't fly in this! Besides, I need to fix my guns!"

"Time is ticking, Redd! I can't lose any more of it!" Truthfully, I didn't even know what the timer said. I was too afraid to look at it.

He zoomed past me and blocked my flight path. "We can barely see! We are going to take shelter until the rain slacks up whether you like it or not!"

I glared at him for a moment, but I couldn't argue, so I snorted and crossed my hooves, looking for somewhere to take shelter. Situated next to a wooded area, was a small building with three large, metal awnings surrounding it. From the center, rose a giant billboard that read, "Far-er's Ma-k-t". The missing letters didn't make it difficult to know it was actually a farmer's market. I motioned for Redd to fly down to the marketplace. I ducked under the biggest awnings and shook off the excess water. I was freezing.

"Check it out." Redd pointed to a line of half destroyed fruit and vegetable stands. "Let's look for supplies while we're here."

"Just f-fix your r-r-rifles. I-I'm gonna try to build-d a f-fire, first." I shivered.

He shook his head and dug out his portable energy weapon repair kit. All energy rifle-wielding ponies had to carry one and learn to use it. I started collecting old, dry wood and paper next to the stands. The wood had come from some smashed crates. I piled the junk in an open space on the concrete slab. Now, to start the fire.

Somehow.

I dug around in my bag. Nothing. I looked at Nico's bag, hesitantly. I didn't want to go through his things, but If I didn't, I'd never get a fire started. I let out a shaky breath and opened his bag, feeling for anything. My hoof felt around, finally finding a small book of matches. He really does come prepared. Using my feathered appendage, I grasped a match and lit it. The tiny flame danced around for a second before I threw the whole thing into the pile. Thanks to the paper, it caught quickly. I sat as close as I could without burning myself. Redd joined me, still holing his rifles and repair kit.

"I hadn't noticed how cold it can be here. Until I did notice, anyway." He nickered.

I looked at him, flatly. "No sunlight."

He cleared his throat. "I know. I'm just trying to make conversation." Awkward pause. "Try not to give anypony else a hard time if we come across them."

That command tugged at my guilt, some more. I wanted to apologize, but I apologized so much in the past day, I didn't know if there would even be meaning, anymore.

"I don't mean to be this way." I looked back at him, holding myself to warm up. "I just... I don't know how to feel. Since I've been here, my psyche has gone awry. Please, bear with me. I promise, I'll try to control my bitterness."

"Let's just get this out of the way: I am not blaming you for anything. With everything going on, I see how that can affect someone." His tone dropped to a whisper. "Especially, if they're drunk."

Either the fire or embarrassment was making my face hot.

He continued, still tinkering in his guns. "The only thing you need to promise is that when you start shooting, you'll keep the barrel away from your friends and yourself."

That earned a grin from me. "I promise." I was warm enough to move around, so I wanted to investigate the place. "I'm gonna have a look around."

"Keep your eyes open." Then, he added, "Lietenant."

I glared at him before I walked over to the few intact shelves and stands. The loss of Nico kept my mind scattered, so I'd try to focus on something else. I flipped over boxes, finding nothing but a few flyers. Reading them only kept my thoughts clear for a short while. Broken glass lay on the concrete like a mine field. Upon further inspection, I saw they used to be preserves. I only knew this because the labels were visible among the shards. Luckily, I managed to find four intact jars. They were dusty, but otherwise seemed edible. They are called preserves, after all.

Stopping at a rather large pile of junk, I moved a few pallets to reveal a hidden fridge. When I opened the rusty door, I saw an entire crate of unopened bottles. To my amazement, they looked brand new. They weren't even dusty! Picking up one of them, I read the label. "Sparkle Cola". The bottle turned in my hooves as I examined it. I had heard the name and saw advertisements everywhere, but I'd never actually tried one. It didn't seem radiated. Of course, I was going by whether or not it was glowing. I was a little thirsty. I picked up a rusty nail and popped off the cap. I stored the cap in the bag with the rest of them. Free currency. Closing one eye, I looked in the neck of the bottle. Tiny bubbles floated to the surface. That meant it was still fizzy. I sniffed, then took a tiny sip.

Luna, thank you for the many preserves that keeps food and drinks fresh after almost two-hundred years.

The carroty taste was so delicious! I drank half, watching my Pipbuck, closely. No ticking. Excitedly, I drank the rest. Licking my lips, I belched.

"Good one." Redd laughed. "What's that?"

Hiding my blush, I shoved a bottle of the stuff in his hooves. "Sparkle Cola. Try it!"

He gave me a "you don't really think I'm about to drink this stuff, do you?" look.

I rolled my eyes. "It's bottled, and plus my radmeter didn't warn me. It's fine."

"I'll take my chances with clean water." With that amount of disgust, he could be a food critic.

To be honest, I was kind of glad he didn't take one. More for me.

I took the Sparkle Cola away from him and popped the cap off. After a few sips, I sat it next to me. The rain still came down, though not as bad. We had been there for an hour. I actually considered counting the raindrops to pass the time. When I finished that soda, I curled my hooves under me and sat in silence, watching the storm. The image of Nico smiling in that tunnel broke my heart every time it replayed in my head. It was almost like he accepted his fate. He knew if he hadn't collapsed the passageway, the horde would have eventually gotten to the town. He sacrificed himself for the town. That is a sacrifice, I'm ashamed to say, I would have been too afraid to make.

Redd finally finished repairing his guns and plopped down next to me. "I know you're beating yourself up."

"Am not." I lied.

I saw his look and sighed. "Okay, okay. I'll stop."

"Good."

As we conversed about the rain, I heard shuffling behind us. Redd quickly threw his rifles over him, stepping between me and the sound. I swallowed as the possibilities ran through my head. Raider? Ghoul? Some mutated creature that was cute a hundred years ago but became vicious and deadly? The pegasus stallion carefully stepped towards the commotion. I could barely make out the silhouette behind a box.

"Who's there?" Redd yelled.

The shadow backed away.

"Talk or I'll shoot!"

A high pitched yelp was followed by a tiny voice. "P-please. I need... help."

A small, pink unicorn filly emerged from behind her hiding spot. Her mane hid her eyes, but I could tell she had been crying. She was scared. I trotted over to her, nudging Redd to put his guns away. When I got closer, I noticed a cut on her foreleg.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" I cooed.

"M-my family was attacked by s-slavers. I g-got aw-away, but they were captured. C-can you please help me?" She stammered through sobs. She couldn't have been older than a pre-schooler.

"Do you know where they are?" I asked, getting a bandage from my supplies.

She nodded.

After gently nursing her cut, the filly hugged my leg. "Mommy and D-Daddy are that way." She pointed towards the way Redd and I had come from. "There are three bad ponies. They... they have bomb collars." She wept into my fur. I picked her up and held her. I wasn't good with foals, but I still tried to comfort her. She was so small! I didn't know how she had managed to come all this way by herself.

I looked over at Redd, sadly.

"You want to save them, don't you?" He asked.

I stared. "You don't?"

He facehoofed, then walked off. "Let's go."

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Peanut." She whimpered.

"Okay, Peanut, hop on and show us the way, okay?"

She nodded and climbed, carefully onto my back as I crouched. When she was between my wings, she wrapped her small hooves around my neck and held on. I flapped my wings, making sure she was holding on. When I was sure, I joined Redd just above the roof. Rain still came down, but it was more like a shower, now. The dead trees gave us little to no cover. We followed her direction, flying slowly. Not too far from where we were, we spotted the camp. A tent and a cage was situated behind the dead brush. A stallion and mare were locked in the cage. Three ponies in crude armor sat around a fire under a large log. I set down a good distance away from the camp.

"Peanut, you stay here, okay? We can't have you getting hurt." I helped her down and set her inside a thicket of vines and branches. She flattened her ears, but did I said.

I turned to Redd. "We need to get that detonator away from them. If they push that button," I looked back at Peanut's hiding place and lowered my voice at a volume she wouldn't hear. "They'll be decapitated."

"How are we supposed to do that?"

I rubbed my chin in thought. "You are a lot faster than I am. You can be the distraction. Just lead the slavers away and I'll help the slaves."

He nodded without complaint. I had to hoof it to him, he never doubted my command, once. Now, was no different.

I positioned myself, hiding behind a few dead branches. The slavers laughed and conversed. I cringed at their gruesome topics. The memory of me almost becoming a slave didn't make it any better. Nico would have had a better plan than mine, I'm sure. Of course, he was smarter than I was, too. All of the Enclave's training, and they never taught us how to rescue slaves without getting them blown up.

"You're all ugly!" I heard Redd yell from somewhere. Then, he blew a raspberry.

"Dummy." I mouthed.

The plan worked, though, because the slavers were getting to their hooves and grabbing their weapons. "Get the chains!" A buck ordered.

I had to wait until they were lead away before I could sneak towards the cage. The mare and stallion were watching the slavers and didn't see me.

"Excuse me." I whispered.

I startled them. "Get away!" The mare cried.

"Please, leave us alone!" The stallion snorted.

"I'm here to help!" I hurriedly got my words out.

They looked at each other, unconvinced.

I unholstered my gun and aimed at the strange lock on the bars. "Shan bahck." I spoke through the bit.

They backed to the farthest corner and covered their faces.

ZAP!

The lock dripped onto the dirt in a magma-type movement. Once I bucked the door open, they ran out. Other than being shaken by their ordeal, they were, otherwise, unharmed.

Perspiration formed on my forehead when my eyes locked onto the collars. "I-I don't know how to get the collars off!"

The mare examined her stallion's collar. "Do you have a bobby pin or anything?"

I sat on my haunches, digging through Nico's bag. I felt more guilty, but he did have a single pin stuffed in one of the small pockets. Grabbing it, I hoofed it to her.

I kept watch as she dug around in the lock of her collar. It popped off, landing near my hooves. On instinct, I covered my head in case it blew up. When it didn't, I assumed this mare knew how to disarm them. When Nico got mine off, it still exploded. Before she could move to the second one, I heard hoofsteps galloping towards us.

"Hey! Get away from there!" The slaver buck shouted.

I gulped, turning to the mare. "Hurry!"

"The lock...It's stuck! I need a minute." She frantically dug around the collar. The stallion was visibly worried, but I could tell he trusted her.

"I'll distract him!" I told her.

Grabbing my pistol, again, I flew towards the detonator. He almost got there first, but I managed to beat him and kick it away. He looked up and growled. I really didn't want to get into a fight, but I had no other options. The slaver tackled me, sending me rolling through the dead weeds. Rubbing my head, I moved just in time before his legs impacted where I had just been. As I dodged his punches and kicks, I thought about shooting him and getting it over with. I didn't want to waste a cartridge, though. I swung my hoof, missing him.

"Seriously? You think you can fight me, bitch?" He punched me in my jaw. I felt one of my teeth loosen from the blow. I didn't have any time to recover, before he slammed the side of my head into a tree. Blood poured from my nose. I ducked, barely dodging his next hit, but he hit me with the next. I threw my forehooves up to block my face. With a mighty buck, I went soaring across the camp. My vision started to swim as I hit the ground. I started to cough, the fit keeping me from standing.

Where the hell is that anger? It helped me tear those raiders to shreds!

As the coughing fit receded, I got to my hooves. Even though I threw all of my weight into him, he still threw me off. Either he was very strong or I had lost weight.

He smirked. "Is that all you-"

The rock I threw hit him square in the forehead. Hopefully, it at least left a bump. The slaver rubbed his head, glaring at me. "You'll pay for that!" His hooves pounded the dirt as he ran for me, again. I flapped my wings, dodging that attack. The buck spun, using his momentum to launch himself at me. I went left, but his hoof caught my torso, making me spiral out of control. When I hit the ground, he was already standing over me with a curved knife.

"You shouldn't have thrown a fucking rock at me." He growled.

I struggled to get up. My head pounded and my nose felt like it was broken. He raised his hoof with the knife, but it was turned to glowing ash by Redd's energy beams. He zoomed over to me, helping me to my hooves. The slaves galloped over to us.

"Thank you so much for saving us!" The mare exclaimed.

"Don't thank us, yet." I told her, my head spinning. "I have something for you."

I flew, lopsided, over to where Peanut was still hidden. Her little hooves covered her face as she trembled when she saw me. "It's okay, Peanut. Let's take you to your parents." The filly perked up, climbing onto my back, again. We flew (close to the ground, I might add) back to where everypony stood.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Peanut jumped off my back and bolted to them.

"Peanut!" The mare yelled, tears falling down her cheeks. She scooped the foal up and squeezed her, tight. "My precious baby.

The stallion nuzzled her, then looked at us and dipped his head. "We owe you our lives. Please, take this. It's all we managed to keep from those monsters." He hoofed us a small bag. Inside was a healing potion, a roll of bandages, and a few caps.

"But, won't you need this?" I tried to shove it back to him.

"No! It's yours! Our home is not far from here." He took Redd's hoof, shaking it vigorously. "Thank you, again!"

I smiled and waved as they trotted off. Peanut rode on her father's back, waving back at us with a huge, adorable grin on her face. It felt so good. I had helped this family and now, they had another chance to watch their filly grow. "I never thought I'd play a vigilante."

Redd sighed. "That certainly was one good deed for the day." He looked over at me and frowned. "You look like you need this potion."

"No. But, I do feel a nap coming on."

"What?"

When I lifted a hoof to speak, I collapsed. Drifting in and out of consciousness, I could tell I was being carried. Probably by Redd. Pony rides were fun and all, but this was getting ridiculous. I finally slipped into unconsciousness, letting the cool rain hit my face. I still didn't want to dream, again. I didn't know if I wanted to face Rarity, yet.

I awoke to something warming my side. The flickering of a fire caught my eye as I turned, slightly. We were back at the farmer's market. Redd sat next to me, eating from one of the jars of preserves. I believe they were strawberry and apple. He must have noticed me, because he set the jar down. "Feeling better?"

"My head is killing me." I complained.

"I wish I could have killed him with my bare hooves." He grumbled.

I smiled the best I could. My jaw was sore, too. "You saved me, though. Thank you." My tooth had apparently settled back into place.

His head turned towards the darkening sky. The clouds looked like a still, upside down ocean. "You've been out for a while" He said.

I tried to put my hooves under me to stand. As I fell, Redd caught me. "Don't do this, please."

"We should be able to... cover a little more ground." I replied.

"What would Nico say?"

I stopped, giving him my best glare. How dare he bring him up!

"I'm sorry, but you should be careful."

"I'm not as fragile as you think I am." I flattened my ears.

He sat back down. "I know, but just relax. You're hurt."

I sighed, but sat down anyway. Things just kept getting in my way. I had one main task to do!

"How long are we supposed to wait?" I tapped my hoof.

"Let's see how you feel in the morning." He yawned.

Rolling onto my back, I decided to just watch the sky. The remainder of light fled at a snail's pace, turning the sky from grim, to black. The clouds didn't budge. Clockwork was right about one thing, sunlight really would do the wasteland a world of good. It, at least, wouldn't look so depressing.

"Redd?" I whispered.

No answer.

I flipped over to see him sleeping against a pile of papers.

Crossing my hooves, I closed my eyes, trying to doze off. The soft rain shower on the tin roof was the perfect white noise, despite the difficulty I've had with rain. Soon, I was able to fall asleep, listening to the crackling of the fire and the patter of raindrops.

And praying for everypony. Luna knows, they need all the prayers they can get.


Level Up!
S- 3
P- 3
E- 4 (+1)
C- 2
I- 4
A- 3
L- 1

New Perk!
Wind Beneath My Wings - Your stamina decreases at a 25% slower rate while flying.

Author's Note:

Thanks to Kkat for this amazing world!

I'm sorry my chapter uploading times vary between two seconds and one century! We are moving this month, so I probably won't be able to work on the chapters I'm currently writing as much, but I will definitely try to do some editing/revising on the ones I've already written. Thank you, again, for reading! As always, constructive criticism is always welcome!

-AP

PreviousChapters Next