• Published 19th Oct 2019
  • 5,361 Views, 212 Comments

The Dawn of a New Mission - ScorchingFlamesInc



For the first time in a long time, the cutie map summons a particular student of Twilight Sparkle to solve a friendship problem. The problem? Teach three familiar characters the power of friendship. It won’t be easy.

  • ...
11
 212
 5,361

Chapter 14: Two Choices and a Box

"So... what do you want to teach us first?" Cozy asked.

"I'm open for suggestions," Luster said. "Just ask me anything. If I have an answer, then I can tell you."

"How about YOUR views on friendship? How do YOU value it, and do you remember WHEN you valued it?" Tirek suggested.

Luster just looked at him. She then turned her gaze to the fireplace and took a deep breath. She explained her story.

"Basically, I didn't truly value it until last month. I just thought that since friendships drift apart, I didn't want to take that risk. So, I stayed caught up in my work and studies. Then when I told Princess Twilight my dilemma, she told me the story about her coronation. She told me how her friends paid so much attention to the coronation, that it seemed like they didn't care that she was leaving. She told me that the coronation didn't go very well, and she told me about a scrapbook she got as a gift. The final key to helping me value friendship was when I witnessed Princess Twilight's friends reuniting with her in her throne room. That's when I decided to give friendship a try. And it worked out well. I made many friends and even took refuge in Ponyville. Then a month later..."

Luster spread out her forehooves.

"... I was sent here by the cutie map to teach the three of you friendship."

"I see..." Tirek said. "So what is the lesson you learned after hearing about the coronation? Is that if friendships are strong enough, they would never drift apart?"

"I guess. I also learned a couple of other things, like that it wouldn't hurt to make new friends."

"Have you learned other things?" Chrysalis asked.

"Certainly! After I came here, Princess Twilight gave me an assignment that HER mentor gave her: everytime I learned something about friendship, I would have to write a letter and send it to her. It worked out well. I learned a lesson every two days. And it wasn't even assigned to do so."

"Well then..." Cozy said. "Did you BRING those letters?"

"No. I never get them back. I don't mind though. The lessons stick to my mind like glue. Plus, I didn't see Princess Twilight carrying a third box or any scrolls."

"If the lessons 'stick to your mind like glue', would you care to tell us one?" Tirek asked.

"Certainly. One of the things I learned was to always help a friend in a situation, even if it really wasn't a big problem. You should be there for them when they really need it. Otherwise, the problem could become more serious."

"How did you learn it? Did you or one of your friends go crazy over something that really wasn't a big deal?" Chrysalis asked.

Luster was about to answer, when she heard a noise come from her tent. She saw a blinding flash come from her tent as well.

"What was that?" Tirek asked.

"I better go check." said Luster. She got off her log and headed to her tent.

The villains were left alone. That didn't go the way they expected.

"Well..." Cozy began. "That was one heck of a story."

"You said it," Chrysalis said. "From what we gathered, the pony didn't value friendship. Like us. But it was in an entirely different manner. She didn't want to go through the stress of losing friends, because she thought they would drift apart. As from us, we just find it to be... our main enemy. A sickness that tries to eternally affect us."

Silence remained for a minute before they spoke up again.

"I feel... unsure of what to do anymore," Tirek said. "What about you two?"

"I don't know what my goals are, anymore. Golly, what is friendship DOING to us? It's like Mount Everhoof all over again!" Cozy said. "I mean, I want friendship for power. But at the same time, I wonder what it would be like if I used it like everypony else.

"It's changing us," Chrysalis said. "I hate to admit it, but honestly, this small bit inside of me wants me to keep giving this a chance. Change and accept the realities I have been told in my dreams. But another part of me doesn't want to let it take its toll on me again! Like Mount Everhoof."

"Me neither," Cozy said.

"I feel the same way," Tirek said.

"We have two options of how we can move ahead from here. We could stay here. We could learn a lot from this student of Twilight Sparkle. We could change our ways and live our lives in a way we never imagined we could. Or, we could go. Try again at escaping." Chrysalis said.

Silence once again struck the trio.

"So... what should we do? Should we stay or go?" Cozy asked.

The villains all looked at each other. They all had the same choice.

A few minutes ago...

Luster Dawn got on her hooves and left her log after a strange sound and light came from her tent. When Luster opened her tent, she saw a small box in there, nestled on top of her sleeping bag. She stepped further in her tent and sat down. The unicorn levitated the box and opened it. What she saw confused her even more.
"What the-"

In the box was nothing but what looked like six shards that came from gems. Each had their own color: Blue, purple, orange, pink, red, and magenta. Strangely, the blue, purple, and orange ones were glowing. Luster felt that it wasn't light that was making them glow... but magic. It gave off a strange feeling... but she couldn't put her hoof on it.

How and why did this get here? What are these? Luster pondered. I better ask Princess Twilight if she sent these here when I get back.

Luster set down the box, backed out of her tent, and closed it when she was fully out.

"Guys, I-" was all Luster managed to say before she turned around. What she saw surprised her.

The villainous trio was gone!

Author's Note:

The Fanfiction is now only three to five chapters away from completion.

Once again, feel free to make theories on what will happen. And always let the brony or pegasister within conquer your creativity.