• Published 19th Oct 2019
  • 5,360 Views, 212 Comments

The Dawn of a New Mission - ScorchingFlamesInc



For the first time in a long time, the cutie map summons a particular student of Twilight Sparkle to solve a friendship problem. The problem? Teach three familiar characters the power of friendship. It won’t be easy.

  • ...
11
 212
 5,360

Chapter 7: Frenemies Retelling

"Really?" Luster asked, intrigued.

"It happened on the day we got the bell," Tirek said.

"Well, would you like to tell me?"

The villains looked at each other.

"Ok, Ok," Chrysalis grumbled, displeased that she was actually going to tell this story. “But first: Princess Twilight DID tell you that Discord disguised himself as Grogar right?"

"Yes."

"And that he grouped us together in Grogar's lair?" Cozy asked.

"I think so."

"Then this will be a lot easier," Tirek said. He cleared his throat and began the story.

"It all started on the day when Grogar... or Discord to be precise... sent us on a mission to work together. The mission? Scale to the top of Mount Everhoof to retrieve the Bewitching Bell."

"It started kind of... How do I say this? Rocky," Cozy said. "Chrysalis went off on her own. I did too, but I had trouble with the mountains protector... Rusty Bucket was it? As for Tirek, he stayed behind to learn from our mistakes."

Chrysalis was the next to speak. "Eventually, we grouped up. Tirek and Cozy Glow were the first to meet up. I soon arrived as well and saved their flanks by draining the love out of an Ophiotaurus that was about to attack them. After sharing how we felt about your Princess, we decided to work together."

"And it worked," Tirek resumed. "When we made it to the top, we decided that I would drain the magic out of Chrysalis and blast a hole in a forcefield surrounding the bell. But it was only big enough for Cozy Glow to enter. Luckily, she successfully entered the forcefield, retrieved the bell, and exited before the portal's magic overwhelmed mine."

"And this is when things get surprising to us," exclaimed Cozy "When I got the bell, Tirek had to choose between keeping the magic or giving it back. And... he gave it back. We suddenly felt that helping others instead of taking everything away was pleasing. That is, until Chrysalis brought us back to reality."

"But it left its mark on us," Chrysalis finished. "We all decided to work together. We traveled to Canterlot, sabotaged the Summer Sun Celebration, and stole a book we needed to unlock the powers of the bell. Judging from what Twilight told you, you probably know the rest of our story before we got turned to stone."

Luster stood still. She didn't do much as the story was being told. She ate her egg and set the cooking ware aside. Now, there was nothing.

It was only a minute before she finally spoke up.

"Can I give you my honest opinion?"

"What?" asked Tirek.

"I may not be a princess... but hearing your story makes me see potential in you."

Chrysalis scoffed. Cozy crossed her forehooves. Tirek rolled his eyes.

"Hmph," Tirek grumbled. "You really think so?"

"Yes actually," Luster admitted.

"What makes you think we could change? If it didn't work on us then, it CAN'T work on us now." Chrysalis said.

"It could if you gave it a try."

"It sounds like you're trying to force friendship again." Cozy said.

"I'm not-" Luster stopped. She felt that the trio had some sort of chance of change. She wanted them to learn friendship. But they were right. A few of the things she said or did made it seem like she was forcing friendship.

"I... need to lie down."

Tirek raised an eyebrow. "What? You're not gonna watch us and make sure we don't escape?"

"You're probably not."

Luster left her log, walked to the tent, opened the entrance, went into the tent, and closed it.

The trio was alone. They made sure that the conversation that followed was quiet enough for Luster to not hear.

"So..." Chrysalis said. "Should we... try to escape?"

"Definitely not!!!" Cozy said. "I do NOT want to go back in that forest."

"Me neither! The EVERFREE isn't even as SCARY as that one," Tirek said.

"I hate to admit it but... but..." Chrysalis started.

"You don't want to go back in either?" Cozy said.

"YES!!!" Chrysalis yelled at the filly, once again sporting anger in her voice.

Cozy flinched. But she didn't fall.

For the next few minutes, there was silence.

"You know..." Cozy began. "I tried to get Luster to let me teach the friendship lessons."

"Why, may I ask?" Tirek questioned.

"If she did, I would have attempted to have a secret meeting with you. We would have captured Luster."

"But... couldn't we have just done that WITHOUT you teaching?" Tirek asked.

"Well, if I taught, I would give you signals on when to take action. If I gave a trust fall lesson, and had Luster fall while Tirek had to catch her, I would have given you a signal to let her fall. Then we would take her hostage and force her to let us go. When Twilight gives us our magic and flight back, we will attack her and flee."

"Decent. But those ponies are quick and smart," Chrysalis said. "How about..."

A grin suddenly spread on her face. "How about we pretend to value the lessons?"

"I like the sound of that," Cozy Glow said.

"Seriously?" Tirek said. "We couldn't think of that BEFORE?"

"We had other focuses." Chrysalis said. "Plus, we enjoy more complex plans. This one seems fitting enough, though."

"Then it's settled. When the pony comes out, we will just pretend." said Tirek.

"Maybe later. I am kinda feeling... *yawn*... tired, all of a sudden." Cozy wearily said.

"I kinda... feel sleepy... too..." Chrysalis said, her eyelids drooping.

"Same... can... *yawn* we make it to the tents?" uttered Tirek.

"I don't think we-" KLUNK! Chrysalis didn't get to finish her sentence. She fell backwards and was immediately unconscious.

"Chry-" KLUNK! Cozy Glow immediately followed.

Only Tirek was left. But not for long.

"Oh, pony-" KLUNK! And just like that, Tirek was asleep.

A few hoofsteps away from the fire pit, a small crack drew on the ground. Three white streaks of smoke suddenly poured out of the ground.

The streaks floated over to the unconscious villains. One of the streaks came over to Tirek and suddenly entered his ear, until it vanished. The other two did the same to Cozy and Chrysalis.

Finally, a fourth streak poured out of the ground and headed for Luster's tent.

Author's Note:

Well, that was unexpected.

Luster was trying to give the villains eggs in the last chapter. She gave her most honest opinion in this chapter. Is anyone getting a pattern, here?

And just WHAT was that white smoke?


Once again, feel free to list down any theories on what may happen in the story. And always let the Brony or Pegasister within conquer your creativity.