• Published 19th Oct 2019
  • 5,351 Views, 212 Comments

The Dawn of a New Mission - ScorchingFlamesInc



For the first time in a long time, the cutie map summons a particular student of Twilight Sparkle to solve a friendship problem. The problem? Teach three familiar characters the power of friendship. It won’t be easy.

  • ...
11
 212
 5,351

Chapter 16: Reasons

When Luster and the villains finally returned to the campsite, they all immediately returned to their tents. It was getting late, but none of them had plans to rest. The villains went into their tents to think. Luster went into her tent to check on the box.

When Luster entered her tent, she saw that the box was still there. Opening it, she noticed that something was different. Before, the blue, purple, and orange gem shards were glowing. Now the red and pink ones were as well.

What is going on? she thought to herself.

She closed the box. She would figure it out later.

She had villains to comfort.

Exiting her tent and closing it, she decided to stop by Chrysalis' tent first. It was the closest, so it made sense.

She rubbed her forehoof on the entrance.

"Hey, it's me. Are you awake?" she asked.

"Yes. Why? Do you want to come in?" replied Chrysalis.

"I do. Is that ok?"

"I don't care what you do anymore."

Luster decided to risk it. She opened Chrysalis' tent and saw the former changeling queen sitting at the other side. Luster stepped in and sat in front of the exit, blocking it.

"I was hoping we could talk," Luster said.

"About what?" Chrysalis said. Hate wasn't in her voice, but instead there was defeat.

"Usually, you are the last one to give in to my offers. But what happened back at the forest surprised me. You were the SECOND villain to give in. I'm surprised you gave in at ALL!!! Why?"

Chrysalis looked down.

"Friendship and love has ruined me for a long time. It especially ruined my hive. I thought I could exact revenge for the THIRD time by escaping. But after you saved me from those hallucinations, I realized many things. First off, I realized that I had nowhere else to go and nothing else to do. I had no magic. No flight. Nothing. If I tried exacting revenge in my condition, it would only take a second for me to fail. Second of all, what you said was touching. What I saw in the forest illusions was the changeling kingdom telling me they would never want me back. That I had my chance and blew it. But after you told me all of that, I discovered something tied to those two reasons: I won't have nothing left if I just accepted friendship. And I would be accepted if I showed them all how sorry I was." A few tears rolled down Chrysalis' cheeks as she spoke.

For a moment, Luster was speechless.

"Well..." she said. "I'm glad to see you open up. I'll leave you alone for the rest of the night."

Chrysalis sniffed and nodded before Luster got up, backed out of the tent, and closed it.

Next stop: Tirek's tent.

Once again, she rubbed her forehoof on the tent.

"Who is it?" Tirek asked.

"It's me. I'm coming in, if that's Ok," Luster said.

"You have my permission."

Luster opened the red tent. Like Chrysalis, Tirek sat at the end. Luster again sat at the exit. Suddenly, she realized something.

"Shoot! I think I left your cloak!"

"Leave it. It's fine."

"Oh. Ok then. Anyway, I came here to ask you something."

"What?"

"Why are you ALWAYS the first to give in to my offers or requests?"

Tirek scratched his chin.

"I honestly don't know. Maybe it's because I come to my senses quicker than them. Probably because I knew I couldn't do anything. What is the point of betrayal if you don't have any magic that's needed to steal power?"

"Oh."

The unicorn and centaur were silent.

"I have another question... have you ever felt that your brother leaving you was the right thing for him to do?"

"Hmmmm... I guess at this point, I'm considering the belief that your assumption is correct."

"Do you... miss him?"

"Maybe."

Luster smiled. She learned about Chrysalis' thoughts as of the moment, and now she learned about Tirek.

Only one more villain to go.

"Alright then. That is all the questions I have for you. Thank you for your time."

Tirek didn't reply. Luster got up, backed out of the tent, and closed the entrance. She then started to make her way to Cozy Glow's tent.

When she got there, she rubbed her forehoof on the tent once again.

"Go away!" was the only response from Cozy Glow.

Although Cozy Glow allowed Luster to hug her, and even hugged her BACK, Luster wasn't at all surprised at her attitude.

"I'm coming in anyway."

Luster opened the tent and saw the filly still bawling. Cozy cried all the back to the campsite after what happened in the forest, so seeing her still in tears gave Luster pity. At least Chrysalis waited until she got back to her tent to allow some more tears to come out of her eyes.

"I said go away," Cozy said.

Luster didn't obey. Instead, she walked in and sat down in front of Cozy's exit.

"You are always the second one to give in. But in the forest, you were the last. Why? What made you break down?"

Cozy sniffled.

"Don't you know my story?"

"No."

"But- oh, right. That 'WASN'T you in our dreams!'" Cozy mocked.

"It really WASN'T! Aren't you already aware that you need a certain amount of power to do that?"

"Well... I guess not."

"The reason you broke down... was it because you lost the only beings you considered allies?"

Cozy nodded and Luster continued.

"Tirek lost his brother. Chrysalis lost her kingdom! And they seemed to mostly hold it together when I offered them to join me. Sure, Chrysalis shed some tears, but she was through a lot."

"Well, it's different," Cozy said. "I'm WAY younger than them! Along with the fact that I have been through a decent amount of stress in MY life too."

"Understandable. But you seemed to accept it."

"Being evil was fun! But all of those truths and compliments that were thrown at me all day just made me feel... different."

"Didn't you feel like all of those truths told to you in your dreams were CORRECT?"

Cozy looked away.

"I-I did. But only for a little bit."

She looked back at the unicorn.

"But what can I do? This cutie mark of mine has ties to ALL of my misdoings!"

"So use it for good reasons. Put your own spin on it! Use it for good!"

"How?"

"My advice? Wait for it to come to you. I'll leave you be, but at least TRY to consider the GOOD that will come out of you listening to me, ok?"

Cozy nodded and whispered, "Ok."

Luster backed out of the tent and closed it. Although she only ate an egg early in the morning, she was in the mood to hit the sack.

As she made her way back to the tent, she hoped that at the end, everything would turn out okay for the trio.

Author's Note:

Out of character? Maybe. Rushed? Maybe. But at least this is going somewhere.

Want to know what the last three chapters are? I've posted them on my blog. Go check it out.

Feel free to comment your thoughts below about the situation at hand. Sure, the fanfiction is almost over, but theories are still open for discussion. And always let the brony or pegasister within conquer your creativity.