• Published 19th Oct 2019
  • 5,350 Views, 212 Comments

The Dawn of a New Mission - ScorchingFlamesInc



For the first time in a long time, the cutie map summons a particular student of Twilight Sparkle to solve a friendship problem. The problem? Teach three familiar characters the power of friendship. It won’t be easy.

  • ...
11
 212
 5,350

Chapter 13: Lesson #1 [NEW CHAPTER]

"Alright..." Luster began. "For our first lesson, let's get one thing straight: Friendship is Magic."

Chrysalis scoffed. Tirek rolled his eyes. Cozy Glow blew a raspberry.

"Anyway..." Luster continued, ignoring the villains snarky remarks. "What do you three consider yourselves to be?"

"Allies," Tirek replied.

"Anything but friends," hissed Chrysalis.

"What they said," Cozy said.

"So... technically allies..." Luster tapped her chin. "An answer I, of course, expected. Now, as we know, being allies and being friends are completely different things. For allies, you don't care for each other, but even if you do, it's only a little bit, and for your own benefit and misdeeds. Plus, you won't want to lose them because it will mean you'll have greater chances of failure. For friends, you do care for each other a whole lot more, and what you all do for each other is for their benefit. And when you don't want to lose them, you care for them and want the best for them. Now... here's another question... do you three care for each other?"

"Why should I care for these two?" Chrysalis scowled. "If anything, I should have picked better allies who know what they're doing, and are quick to react."

"Oh yeah?!" Cozy sputtered. "My allies should have known when to listen to me, and not think they're so smart just because they're bigger and done a lot more!"

"That's not even the case in the slightest..." Tirek replied. "Maybe my allies should have less anger issues."

"Why you..." Chrysalis prepared to leap.

But before Chrysalis could do anything, she felt her body become incased in Luster's golden magic.

"I can hold you in my magic all day, if I have to," Luster said. "Unless you promise to not do anything harmful."

Chrysalis mumbled something, but Luster had the feeling that she wasn't refusing. Immediately, Luster placed Chrysalis back on the log and the golden glow faded.

"Your lessons are going nowhere." Tirek pointed at Luster. "At this point, why continue trying? Obviously, it should be obvious that we're irredeemable!"

"Because everypony and creature deserves friendship," Luster stated. "Or at least... should give it a try, at the very least."

"Shouldn't being allies count?" queried Cozy. "I mean, we didn't try to destroy each other. If we thought of our peers as our enemies, we'd try to make sure that only one of us is on top."

"I mean actual friendship," Luster explained. "Not... nearly learning it, throwing it out, and working together. Actually embracing it. Being friends and doing certain aspects. Not trying to destroy each other out of genuine care."

"And do what else with it!?" Chrysalis barked.

"Many things," Luster shrugged. "After all, I didn't embrace friendship alone. I had the help of my other friends, all of them I care deeply about. And just hanging out with them feels a whole lot better than doing things on my own. You should make friends at every opportunity. Not fight it."

"Give us valid reasons on why we shouldn't fight friendship!" Chrysalis growled. "I lost my hive to that pathetic Starlight Glimmer because she brought friendship to my subjects!"

"And friendship brought my brother to betray me," hissed Tirek.

"And in the end, friendship us what turned us all to stone and brought us to you!!!" Cozy snarled.

"Now wait just a minute," Luster said. "Friendship is not the main problem! Each of you are your own problems. Why? Because you fight friendship. Not only that, but you refuse to quit. If you keep fighting friendship, then what will you gain?"

"Satisfaction," Tirek claimed.

"Victory," Chrysalis sneered.

"Revenge," Cozy rubbed her hooves together.

"Wrong. Each of you fought friendship more than once. And each time, you lost. If you always lose to friendship, then what makes you think that you'll emerge victorious? Obviously, there are only three of you, and so many of us! Even with all that power you had, it can't rival all of Equestria."

"Because these idiots didn't give me Discord's magic," snarked Cozy.

"Whether you'd still win with Discord's magic or not is beyond me," Luster said. "After all, maybe you would of won with Discord's magic. Or maybe not, considering we all have friendship, and friendship is the greatest magic of all."

"And what if it's too late?" Chrysalis queried. "What if it's too late for all of us to finally end our grudge against friendship?! We've had the satisfaction of near-revenge and near-victory enough to the point where we have no idea what will happen if we abandon the only thing that we believe will satisfy us."

"Sometimes you have to take risks," Luster stated.

"And some risks end with disaster," Tirek pointed out.

"While others end with success," said Luster.

The trio was finally silent, giving Luster nothing but unsure glares. Even Chrysalis had a bit of uncertainty.

Am I finally getting through to them?... Luster pondered.

GRRRRRRRRRR...

The sound of Luster's stomach broke the silence. Luster blushed and chuckled.

"I... think it's time we have lunch."

Chrysalis got up. "We'll be in our tents, then."

Author's Note:

It's back! Be sure to analyze this chapter very closely, and correct any mistakes.

Want to check out more of my content? Click here: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theroies on what will happen. And always let the Brony or Pegasister within conquer your creativity.