• Published 19th Oct 2019
  • 5,359 Views, 212 Comments

The Dawn of a New Mission - ScorchingFlamesInc



For the first time in a long time, the cutie map summons a particular student of Twilight Sparkle to solve a friendship problem. The problem? Teach three familiar characters the power of friendship. It won’t be easy.

  • ...
11
 212
 5,359

Chapter 3: The Release

“So let me get this straight...” Luster Dawn began. “You’re telling me that I have to help THESE three villains with a friendship problem? The same villains that almost destroyed Equestria?”

“It makes sense,” Princess Twilight said. “If there was an argument going on here, Pest Bomber would have told us before he left.”

“Maybe Fluttershy is trying to defend the pests,” Luster suggested. “Maybe there’s a feud with her and the exterminators.”

“Actually, the exterminators use gasses that cause the pests to immediately evacuate to another area. While it doesn’t hurt the pests, it can be very harmful for us, which is why we wear hazmats or use protecting spells. The villains are the most logical target for a problem. They don’t understand friendship very well! I don’t know why the map waited until today to call for somepony, but if there is a friendship problem, it seems only fair to take care of it.”

“I see. I only have one question: HOW can I make this work? These villains will want to either escape or attack me once we let them out.”

“I have just the solution. Hold on!”

And with that, Princess Twilight’s horn lit up its magenta glow before disappearing in thin air.

POOF

“I wonder what she’s getting,” Spike said.

“As my mentor, I think she’s getting something to assist me. I just wonder what-“

POOF

Twilight suddenly reappeared, using her magic to carry two large boxes, a large cooler, and what looked like four bags of tents.

“I know I can’t usually intervene on friendship problems unless the map calls me, but I figured I’d give you the right equipment. Reforming villains is no cake. With how long it took for Discord to fully change his ways, this may take weeks since we have THREE villains instead of ONE. So I grabbed four tents along with a couple boxes. One has food. Another has cooking tools, plates, silverware, straws, and cups. The last one has sleeping bags. The cooler is full of drinks.

“Thanks your majesty. But why tents and food?”

“Just in case you had the thought to travel someplace far from where they can’t cause trouble.”

“In that case, I’ll take them.”

“Very well.”

“Thank you.”

“So Luster... where are you gonna go?” asked Spike.

“I’ve been researching a lot of areas in and out of Equestria and I think I have JUST the place.”

“Where?” asked the Princess.

“You know that small field surrounded by a forest that’s even more dangerous than the Everfree?”

“I do. And I believe that may be fitting. As long as the villains are only restricted to getting away on hoof, they wouldn’t even set foot in the forest. Since some of the required spells are only Alicorn worthy, I will come with you to your location and perform the spells.”

“Thanks your majesty. Do you want to come, Spike?”

“No thanks. I can hang back at the carriage. I got a card game rematch with the guards that brought us here. And I will not lose again!”

“Very well, Spike. I will see you then,” Twilight said.

Spike waved goodbye before turning around and leaving. Now, Luster and Princess Twilight were alone with the imprisoned trio.

“Ok...” Princess Twilight said. “First I can take us to your chosen location. Then, I will try to perform the following spells at the same time: I will release the villains, make them unconscious, restrain their magic, and then paralyze Chrysalis and Cozy’s wings. I don’t need to use a spell to make them unconscious, because the type of stone spell that was used on them made them unconscious. Even when we release them, they will still be asleep for an unknown amount of time.”

“Are you sure that’s safe?”

“Meh. I once had the power of three other Alicorns mixed with mine. I don’t know if this is more tame or extreme than that situation, but it’s worth a try”

“I just don’t want you to get hurt. Or worse.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll be fine.”

Luster took a deep breath.

“Ok then. I think I’m ready.”

Princess Twilight smiled before the magenta glow enveloped her horn. A small white ball of light was perched at the top of the glow. The light got brighter and brighter before flashing very brightly. A loud POOF followed the blinding light before it enveloped not only Twilight, but Luster and the statue as well.

Immediately after, the light faded and the two ponies found themselves in a small open field surrounded by dark trees covered in vines.

“Ok. Here goes nothing. Make sure to shield your eyes.”

Again, Twilight’s horn lit up, with a small ball of white light sticking out at the end of the magenta glow, expanding as the seconds passed.

Suddenly, another loud and bright explosion of light covered the field. Luster did as she was told and immediately closed her eyes, along with using her hoof to shield them. Even then, she could still see the bright light. Fade away a mere second after it blew up.

When she was certain the bright light was gone, Luster moved her hoof away from her eyes and opened them. She immediately saw her mentor’s limp body lying on the ground.

“PRINCESS!!!!”

Luster ran over to the Princess’s aid. She didn’t even bother to see if the spells worked

“Are you ok?”

Luster breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Twilight’s eye open weakly. Slowly, Twilight rose up on her hooves. Luster backed away to give her some space.

“I-I’m fine. I have a headache, but I’m fine. Shall we see the condition of the villains?”

Luster nodded and walked past Princess Twilight to see the result of the spell. Gone was the stone statue of the three malevolent villains. In its place were the three villains, lying limp on the ground, with no traces of stone on their bodies.

Luster turned around to see her mentor facing her direction.

“Are you sure you’re ok?”

“Yeah. I might need to get some rest as soon as I can, but I’m fine. As for you...” Twilight places her hoof under her students chin.

“You have a friendship problem to solve. You will know you’re done once your cutie mark glows again.”

For the last time that day, Luster watched as the Princess backed away and lit up her horn. Twilight looked at Luster Dawn one last time before saying, “Good luck, my student.”

POOF

And then she was gone.

Author's Note:

Let’s all pray that the chapters are longer in the future. Lol. :rainbowlaugh:

Once again, feel free to list down any theories on what may happen in the story. And as always, let the inner Brony or Pegasister within yourself conquer your creativity