• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 6,055 Views, 354 Comments

Rarity's Colt - Mocha Star



Rarity, among others across the land, signed up to be foster parents for foals after numerous disasters struck the nation. Few expected to be called upon, among the least was Rarity.

  • ...
69
 354
 6,055

Reintegration (skippable)

Author's Note:

This chapter was removed, then I chose to keep it in the story.
The reason for the removal is that it expands on the chapter title, but is just not needed.
However, it's long and took a lot of work, so read on as it still fits the narrative, but, once again, is skippable.

“Sweetie Belle!” Scootaloo shouted when she saw her friend from behind. Apple Bloom was right beside her and ran to glomp the filly together. In a swift motion, Sweetie spun around and grabbed Scootaloo with her foreleg and continued her turn, striking Apple Bloom with her friend and sending them sprawling across the hospital corridor.

She looked down at them with a frown that broke after a second. She smiled weakly and rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. Her friends untangled from one another while she chuckled nervously. “H-hey, girls. Been a while, huh?”

Scootaloo grinned and stepped slowly towards Sweetie. “That was an awesome move, did you dream yourself into a master of hoof fu? Or karatato, where you’re one with the earth and focus its power through you?” she hopped back onto her hind legs and made a chopping motion that Sweetie stepped back from.

“Scootaloo, that’s silly. Only earth ponies can master that, and we’re not even on the ground. We’re in a building… but, Ah do wanna ask about hoof fu, did you learn it in them few days ya were out?”

Sweetie shook her head. “I… don’t know right now. I was gone for so long, so much happened… and then I wake up and only a few days’ve passed. Stay,” she insisted when her friends took a step toward her, “back. I’m not really okay to be touched again, not yet.” They looked at her with confusion.

“Uhm, are you okay, Sweetie? You’re acting weird.”

“Ah’m sure we can help. After all, we’ve come up with some great crusadin’ ta get our marks and--”

Sweetie! You got your mark?!” Sweetie hopped back again and lowered her horn, bringing it to a glow. Both fillies ignored her, not really understanding it as they ran to her sides and looked intently at her cutie mark. “What’s it mean?”

“When’d ya get it? Is it somethin’ about sleepin’? Cuz it doesn’t look much like it.”

Scootaloo placed a hoof on Sweetie’s mark and jerked back when Sweetie trembled. Sweetie backed away from her friends and shook her head. “I’m… I’ve gotta go!” she ran away as quickly as she could into a nearby room, leaving her friends more confused than before.

“Apple Bloom, something’s wrong with her.”

“Ya think?”

“Yeah, but we gotta find a way to help her. We can’t just let this go, she’s a crusader for life; just like us. C’mon, let’s go talk to her again.”

“Ah dunno, that didn’t work a minute ago. She was as antsy as a carrot in an all ya can eat buffet.” Scootaloo looked at her friend with a deadpan expression. “What? Ah’m still learnin’ countryisms, it wasn’t that bad, was it?”

Scootaloo shook her head in good nature. “It was fine. I can’t wait to hear what you come up with next time.”

They stood in place, thinking. Nurses passed them and the fillies noticed that there seemed to be four nurses in the whole hospital, but they could have been mistaken. Finally, they decided friendship was more important than anything and followed Sweetie into the room. There they saw Rarity holding Sweetie while Snickers sat beside Fluttershy in a corner, talking quietly.

“Wow, it’s great to see you all awake! We knew you’d be fine when you woke up, Rainbow Dash told me so.”

Sweetie held Rarity a little tighter and buried her face in her sister’s coat. Rarity winced and used a forehoof to push Sweetie’s horn a little to the side. “Sweetie, mind your horn, please. As for you girls; yes, we’re awake and still recovering. Sweetie needs some time, but perhaps you’d like to wait or tell her about your exploits over the past…” she glanced back to Fluttershy to recall an earlier conversation, “week, or so.”

“Yeah, Ah think that’d be okay, right Scoots?” Her friend nodded and they went to a short bench that had seen a lot of use over the years, the cushion was almost flat and provided no softness or support for their sensitive legs, but the fillies paid it little attention and faced her friend. “Well, when ya passed out, we were worried as sick as a dog eatin’ vegetables.”

She looked to Scootaloo and grinned when she got an affirmative nod at her -ism. “After a couple days, we had ta go back to school and didn’t do good at all.”

“All we could think about was you and Snickers. No offense, Rarity.”

“None taken, dear.”

“We didn’t get a lick ‘a trouble from them bullies, though. They were sportin’ a couple scratches and bruises,” she shook her head with a slight frown and looked at Snickers, who was wrapped in Fluttershy’s wing and whispering. “Diamond had stitches on her muzzle. They said they were playin’ around at the old house on 13th street and fell down a flight ‘a stairs.”

“Oh, dear. They’re alright, arent’ they?”

“Yeah, Miss Rarity. But they didn’t deserve… to fall down the stairs and get so messed up.”

Rarity followed their glances and sighed. “It was Snickers, wasn’t it?” They shook their heads. “Now, now. I’ve come to understand him better than anypony. I understand why he did it, but that doesn’t mean he won’t be in some trouble. On the plus side, you’re bully free now, aren’t you? Isn’t that a good feeling?”

They nodded weakly and looked down. “Now, darlings, don’t feel that way. Everything is turning out alright. Sweetie needs some time to adjust to being back and when she does it’ll be like no time has passed at all.”

“Miss Rarity, what does that mean? You and Sweetie make it sound like you’ve been gone for a long time, but it’s only been five days. Are you feeling okay? I can get a nurse if you have a fever or something.”

Apple Bloom made to stand up, but was tugged by her tail back down with Rarity’s magic. “You’ll do no such thing. Physically we’re all fine, especially now that we’re back,” she looked at her foreleg and giggled. “We just need time to talk to adults about something that we shared, to help us feel better in our hearts and heads.

“I fear that Sweetie is most changed of us all. It will take some time, and she won’t ever be the same filly you knew a week ago, but she’s still your friend and loves you. She just has to remember why and how.”

The two fillies, again, looked at one another and shook their heads. “Ah’m just not gettin’ it.”

Sweetie pulled back quickly and looked at her friends with tear lines marking her face. “You won’t ever get it! I don’t want friends, all I need is you to leave me alone!” She pushed against Rarity and turned around, ran into the bathroom, and slammed the door. All eyes were on the bathroom in the ensuing silence.

“Ah guess we should go. Miss Rarity, it was nice ta see ya again, and can ya tell Sweetie we’re here when she’s ready.”

Scootaloo followed Apple Bloom from the room, the hissing sounds of Snickers talking with Fluttershy resumed and Rarity was admiring her mane. Scootaloo hung her head and walked out of the room.

*-*-*

Sweetie sat in the shower stall, her butt and tail in a puddle of cold water from the shower she and Snickers had taken a couple hours prior, just because they could. She sniffled and it echoed in the small room. Quietly she began to sing to herself.

“Once there was a song I sung. I sung it all day, all night long. There wasn’t a worry to be had, and every day I was glad. I had my friends and I had so much fun, I played under the afternoon sun. When the night would fall, I’d go to sleep and never fall. Then I went to a place somewhere, I spent so long living with a fear.

“I hid and ran, ate from cans. My world was taken away from me and my friends I never was again to see,” she sat with her back against the stall, “so much happened that I can say, I wished to come home, to see my friends one day~.

“Now I’m home and I’m not me… who am I… supposed to be?”

There was a knock on the door. “Sweets, are you doing alright? You’re singing with your lovely voice again. Is it a sad song?”

“No,” she replied with a sharp tone. “I’m not singing so leave me alone.”

The latch clicked and the door opened. Rarity walked in and closed the door, moving to stand over her sister. “My darling little sister, you needn’t cry. You’re here with family, we tell no lies. If you wish a sad song to sing, sing for a single dream.” She hugged her sister and sat beside her. “Sweetie, we’re home. You don’t have to sing or be sad, alight?”

“I know, but I don’t. It’s so hard to be home and see everyone again. See how little they actually changed, how innocent they still are, everything I lost. Things they won’t really understand that we’ve been through. What am I supposed to do?”

Rarity pulled her sister tighter against her side. “We talk about our experience and hope that those we tell are strong enough to handle it. That’s all we can do,” she giggled.

“What’s so funny?”

“I’m just thinking of what the girls are going to think when I tell them about my leg or mane.”

Sweetie giggled quietly. “They won’t believe it, you’ll have to try really hard. Your mane is all they think you care about.”

“Well, it’s not everyday one catches lice and fleas with no way to cure them for a hundred miles. It was a choice I had to make,” she sat taller and sniffed indignantly.

Sweetie shoved her a little. “You’re a goof.”

“Yes, well, someone had to take care of you and keep some things normal.”

Sweetie nuzzled against her sisters coat and sighed contentedly. “I don’t care, those ponies where we were are gone now. We can make a new normal now.”


“That we can, Sweets. Perhaps we should start calling you Sweetie Belle again?”

She shook her head and pressed her forehead against Rarity’s coat to hide her face. Another gentle push of her horn followed. “No, Gem, you can be you again. Snickers has always been Snickers, but I can’t be that filly. Not after everything that happened.”

“Well, it is your choice. If you ever want to change back, we’ll support you either way.”

“Thanks, you’re the best sister a pony could have.”

“As are you.”

*_*_*

In a conference room, Rarity sat at a round table with seats for each of her friends, her sister, and her adopted son. The cheering and reunified jubilance had passed, Pinkie had been much calmer when dispensing cakes and drinks, and Fluttershy say between Sweetie and Snickers while Rainbow sat on the far side of Snickers, so he was surrounded by strong support.

“Alright,” Twilight said loudly enough to be heard over the din of cross table conversation. Pinkie crunched on a mouthful of vegetables and quickly gained the ire of the room. She swallowed her mouthful of lightly chewed veggies with a loud gulp and gave a hoof wave that was the equivalent of a thumbs up.

“Thank you, Pinkie. Well, Rarity said she was ready to tell us about what happened when she and the foals were asleep under the spell, are you ready, Rarity?”

Spike opened the door with a small bowl of gems and a shaker of salt perched on his head between two spines.

“Yes, I shall warn you that the story is long and quite graphic at times. Fluttershy, if I’m about to say anything that may bother you, I’ll tell you and I know how to cast a silence spell if you need it.”

“Thank you, if it’s not too much trouble, I’d appreciate that.”

“Not a problem, darling. Now, the story will run a while, so we’ll have to take breaks or.... ah, yes. Spike, the same applies to you as it does Fluttershy, only you shan’t receive a choice on the matter.” He shrugged and popped a gem in his mouth and chewed. She looked at him caringly and resumed.

“So, we’ll cover what we can through the rest of the day, and until the tale is told we’ll meet here, save for obvious reasons.”

“Yeah, lunch,” Rainbow said and patted her belly. “Speaking of that,” she reached under the table with a wing and pulled a bag of trail mix from her saddle bags. She looked between Twilight and the vegetable tray, her smile turning into a grin as she grabbed celery and some ranch.

Snickers tapped his hoof on the table. “Okay, so, we gonna start, or just fuck around all day?”

Rainbow nickered in humor and sprayed ranch from her lips onto the table. “Jeez, I missed your humor, ya little jerk.”

“Who’re you calling a jerk, you jerk stallions off for a bit a dozen.”

Rarity pressed her hoof to her forehead below her horn while the rest of the table who didn’t know him sat slack jawed in shock.

“Yeah, better a bit than get bit,” she chomped her teeth and Snickers shivered and leaned away, feigning fear.

“No, not that! Anything but that.”

“Are you two nearly done?” Rarity interjected, the attention was on her and Twilight raised a hoof to make a point.

“One more, ma, please?” Snickers looked at her and pouted, then pressed his forehooves together.

“Fine, but make it quick.”

“That’s what she said,” Rainbow chimed and and got a hoof bump from Snickers and a laugh from Sweetie and Pinkie.

“Okay, okay. Rainbow, I feel sorry for you foals because your teats are so small they’ll never get a drop.”

Rainbow crossed her forehooves over her crotch and frowned. “That was low blow, kid.”

“That’s how you like it,” he answered and sat back in his chair.

“That is enough! Rainbow, you should feel ashamed,” Twilight planted her hooves on the table and pushed herself up. “That’s no way to talk to a colt, you should apologize.”

“Psh, for what? He started it.” Snickers nodded in agreement with Rainbow.

“That’s no excuse, he’s precious and should be treated like the treasure he is.”

“Yeah,” Snickers said with a smirk, “treasure me, Rainbow.”

“I’ll treasure you into a chest and toss you in the ocean.”

Rainbow Dash!”

Snickers laughed out loud. “Hey, somepony finally screamed your name, how’s it feel?”

Rainbow fell off her chair laughing, Twilight and Applejack weren’t amused at all. Applejack pushed back from the table and hopped from her chair to stand over Rainbow. “Ya stop that nonsense right now, Rainbow. Ya get up and apologize to that colt or else.”

Rainbow rolled to her hooves and flapped her wings to hover over her friend. “Or what? You’ll throw an apple at me?”

“No,” Applejack said and stomped her hoof on the floor three times and glanced down. Rainbow rolled her eyes and landed, raising an ear so Applejack could whisper to her. As seconds passed, Rainbow’s wings rose and she began to show her plumage, getting a bright blush from Fluttershy and a frown from Twilight.

“Snickers, I’m so sorry I started saying bad words to you and I hope you’ll forgive me,” Rainbow said quickly and looked sadly at him.

He looked from Rainbow to Applejack. “Darn, she’s got you whipped.”

Rainbow Dash, that ain’t somethin’ ya tell a colt, much less anypony!”

The ponies at the table started to laugh, Rainbow and Twilight blushed, while Fluttershy had hidden behind her mane, behind her wings. Spike shrugged at Rarity, who looked at him bemused, expecting him to join in the laughter or act confused. He placed a gem on the table, pointed to Twilight, and then used a claw to circle the gem before pinching it until it broke.

Rarity inhaled and nodded once, glancing at the blushing mare who was about to lose her temper again. Rarity’s horn flashed and every voice was silent. “If we’re done having our fun, I suggest we take our seats and begin so that we may finish this sooner rather than later. I, and my family, wish to return to our home tonight and would like to reach a point in our tale that’s past the first ten minutes.”

Twilight was impressed at the silence spell, Applejack coughed, Rainbow looked between the others at the table and then seemed to scream loudly to test it, while Pinkie was breathing heavily, her ears twitch-twitch-twitching. Rarity’s horn flashed again and sound returned catching the trailing end of a shout, another cough, and a whimper from Pinkie.

Fluttershy was sitting with a smile and her eyes closed. “Oh, that was so nice. Rarity, can you do that again later? Please?”

“Not the time, Fluttershy. I’ll begin, unless one of your two would like to take the reigns?”

“Nope,” Sweetie crossed her forelegs.

“You got it, mom. Rock that tale.”

Rainbow puffed her cheeks and glanced worriedly at Applejack. She shook her head and pointed to her closed mouth, snorting a little laugh. Applejack pointed to Rainbow’s seat and she sat down. Snickers raised his hoof just under the table and Rainbow bumped it again. They shared another bonding moment and it did him good to have it.

“Very well, I’ll begin as soon as I take a sip of water to wet my palate.”