• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 6,052 Views, 354 Comments

Rarity's Colt - Mocha Star



Rarity, among others across the land, signed up to be foster parents for foals after numerous disasters struck the nation. Few expected to be called upon, among the least was Rarity.

  • ...
69
 354
 6,052

Returning Home

Author's Note:

Returning home: In which Snickers goes back to the place he came from and the story ends abruptly leaving no resolution, dozens of unanswered questions, and hundreds of unhappy readers!

Oh, wait... that's just the title of the chapter. My bad!

Read on. :trollestia:

The sun was nearing the mountains and the CMC were finally walking back into town after saying goodbye to Apple Bloom, promising to meet her family the next day. Pinkie promised to clean up after the hour long party and with energy to burn, the CMC played around the clubhouse until supper was called for the Apple clan.

“Well, nephew, what’d you think of your first day in Ponyville?” He glanced at Sweetie and grumbled. “What was that?”

“I said until I left Rarity’s, it was sucky.”

“Hey, my sister…” she stopped when he held a hoof to stop her.

“You and the other CMC are the best thing to happen to me in a long time, and that means more to me than I can say. I’ve been a jerk off, but you’ve been so kind and you’ve cared about me more today than I’ve gotten in the last few years with nothing in trade.” He flinched and looked to his left and right at the fillies that had pressed their sides to his. His cheeks warmed when they nuzzled his neck at the same time and he really wanted to make sure his skirt, if it could be called that, was forward enough; just in case.

“You’re so sweet, Snickers! Why can’t you always be this way?” Sweetie asked and Scootaloo stepped away.

“You do like him, don’t you?” she teased and got a raspberry from them both. “Oh, here’s my house! I’ll see you later, and Sweetie,” she pointed at the colt, “get that jar set up quick, I can use a new scooter!” She laughed and ran into a nice looking house.

“Why’s everypony got a house and I gotta live in a purple covered cage?”

“It’s not just you, Rarity’s my sister and I have to stay with her a lot. I just don’t actually stay there enough to really think about it.”

“Oh, I guess that makes sense. Since I met you and we left, I haven’t even thought of that place. I guess it’s home now. Weird to think about, ya know?”

“What, Rarity’s boutique being your home?”

“Home at all. I can see you don’t really believe me when I say I was a grown up, but home wasn’t a thing; it was an idea. Something almost everypony wanted and reached for, but always knew it was out of reach.

“Sure, we’d build towns or try to hide away and make a life with those we had. Home on the road… but statistically a family was safest as a couple of adults with no kids or family with them. Most of the time they’d be the only ones left from their family’s, others got split up and would never see each other again. Towns made of scrap still burn, cities made from metal weigh on ponies’ backs being bigger targets for better supplies,” he looked at Sweetie and she was watching her legs move, listening to him. “For me, and a bunch of survivors, we were special and got lucky. We learned science and engineering, we were going to help build a better future.

“Then we were attacked from within, scattered to the wastes we weren’t ready for,” he looked up and saw the purple monstrousity. “I guess you get what I’m saying, right?”

“Yeah, it’s just so sad… where you’re from, can’t anything be done to make it better?”

He smirked and looked around the town. “I hope that’s the reason I’m here. There’s a saying about a butterfly’s wings--”

“Snickers, darling! There you are,” he was lifted in blue magic and brought quickly into Rarity’s embrace against his will. “I have so much to talk to you about,” he struggled and pressed his forehooves against her neck, “I’ve made you an outfit that you’ll just adore!”

“Get off me you clingy cunt!”

“Snickers!” Sweetie shouted and looked around at the last lingering ponies nearby that gaped at the scene.

“No, it’s fine, Sweetie. He’s perfectly within his rights. Snickers,” Rarity set him down and kneeled as though she were bowing to him, “I truly apologize for marehandling you like that. I hope you can forgive me, I was out of line.”

He looked at her and when she lowered her head in supplicance, showing her horn in the most submissive way a unicorn could, he prepared himself to smack her magical appendage, but stopped himself before he could raise his hoof. He took a step back and looked at her, realizing she was actually apologizing using proper technique.

He looked to Sweetie who was slack jawed, eyes on her sister. He looked back at his new mother and shook his head slightly, then turned and ran past her and into the house.

Rarity stood and watched him go, puzzled until her sister spoke up. “Rarity, did you really just do that? Offer your base to him?”


“Well,” she tapped her horn and hummed, “I’ll be honest, I cast a numbing spell on my horn just in case, but yes,” she said with curiosity, “but I truly expected him to attack me and send me sprawling like a drunkard when I exposed myself to him,” she smiled at her sister. “What have you done to fix his reactions so quickly? You must tell me everything,” she started toward the door and looked back to see her sister pawing at the ground.

“Oh, darling… don’t fret. I purchased more sweets and chocolate powder to make up for earlier.”

“Rarity, I have some stuff to tell you about today… when we were with Snickers.”

...

Snickers ran into his room and looked under the bed, then in the closet, finally he climbed on his bed and looked around. He saw a notebook on the book shelf with a pencil atop it. He hopped to the floor and climbed the shelf, knocked the writing equipment down and finally lay on the floor with the pencil in his lips, tongue against the eraser, and the first lined page was ready.

He started writing, the pencil scratching along the lines again and again until before he knew it a whole page was filled. The next page he started to draw, writing and drawing lines between what he wrote and the very exact images he created as fast as his mouth would allow. He heard quiet speaking, which he realized was normal speaking but at a distance.

It was his family. He dropped the pencil and it made a line through a drawing he’d made, a drop of drool joining it right after. Family. He thought the word over and over in his head. He had a family; it sucked, he was technicaly an only child, his ‘mother’ was a bitch… but it was real in every aspect of the word.

Something he’d lost years ago, and now had a chance with from the beginning. His new life and future were unwritten; he looked at the outer ring of a collar made from metal he’d drawn and then to the door. The melodic voices carrying into his room shoved the raw hatred from his heart and, for just this once, he’d give them a chance.

He looked at the page he’d written on and used a heavy hoof to rip the page out. He ate it in three bites, then looked at the diagram and frowned. “What is wrong with me?” he read the word at the top and several terrible memories ran through his mind. “What would I even consider making one, much less using it on these ponies?”

He closed his eyes and raised his snout, inhaling deeply and exhaling, trying to clear his mind and chest from the anger he carried. Something some old nag once taught him and it seemed to work.

“What’s a ‘bomb collar’?” Sweetie asked from behind him. He freaked out and scraped a hoof across the page, tearing it and several others, shredding them as he worked to erase the evil he’d started to create. He didn’t know he’d been chewing the pages until Rarity shouted his name and brought him back to the moment.

He looked at Rarity and her horn, glowing and keeping him aloft. He looked at the shredded papers around him and then he spat a semi chewed wad of papers on the floor, covering his mouth and whining quietly. Rarity stood over her sister and glared askance at him, but she put him down to focus on her sister’s cheek.

He stood and ran to Sweetie, sliding the last little way and crawling to grab her foreleg with tears brimming in his eyes. “I’m so sorry! I don’t know what happened, I didn’t mean it, please don’t kick me out…” he looked up to Rarity and practically pleaded with her. “Please, just let me have tonight, I’ll do anything to stay here.

“Please,” he pressed Sweetie’s hoof to the bridge of his muzzle and whimpered, almost crying again for the sixth time that day. “Please, I don’t wanna be out there again. I won’t make it, I won’t…”

Rarity and Sweetie hugged him between them and Sweetie cried, both from the emotion of the moment and the sting from the cut along her cheekbone he’d accidentally given her. “Snickers, if Rarity sends you away, I’m going with you,” she said sternly.

“Guh-uh-what?! I’d do no such thing! Snickers,” she moved back and lay on her belly to see at their level, “I swear to you on everything that means anything to me two things, my dear. One, I will never, never abandon you or make you suffer. Do you understand that?”

He nodded, realizing he was hugging Sweetie on his own accord and liking it. “And… number two?”

“The bathroom’s that way, dear,” she pointed with a hoof, then grinned just before he did. Sweetie snerked right after and they giggled and laughed for a few seconds. “Seriously, though… I want to have fun with you, as I do anypony that I know. But number two is by far the most important and serious thing, nay, rule I have of anypony that lives with me, regardless of where that may be or whom that creature is.”

He smiled at her, expecting something silly now. “What’s that? Nightly baths?” he rolled his eyes.

“No, that’s a given. What you must know, is that you will leave this house, every time, looking,” she stood and flounced her mane, singing the next word as though it were part of an opera. “Fabulous!”