• Published 30th May 2019
  • 16,895 Views, 272 Comments

Queen Chrysalis Reforms (Accidentally) - RainbowDoubleDash

  • ...
16
 272
 16,895

Acceptance

“Grogar,” Chrysalis said, standing tall and proud before the ancient goat, Tirek and Cozy Glow on either side of her for support. “We went to Mount Everhoof. In the process of trying to retrieve your bell, I shared my magic with Tirek. Since for a changeling love and magic are the same thing, this meant that I Reformed. But I want you to know that I am still evil! Or at least criminally negligent. I may look different on the outside, but that doesn’t change who or what I am on the inside. Probably. I’m still willing to help your plans to destroy Twilight Sparkle, and Starlight Glimmer, and Thorax especially, and all the rest!”

Grogar looked Chrysalis up and down. It was a lot to take in. And she clashed worse with his décor than even Cozy Glow did. “Chrysalis, you’re my minion, and as my minion I should tell you that I don’t care about you or your problems. Where’s my bell?”

“Oh. That. We failed. Sorry, but I’ve been going through changes, a lot more than normal, I mean, but – ”

You failed?!” Grogar demanded, stomping his hoof.

The three shrank back. “W-w-we’re sorry, almighty Grogar!” Cozy exclaimed.

“We worked together like you asked…” Tirek said, and pointed to Chrysalis as proof.

“We just aren’t as powerful as you!” Chrysalis added. “And, also…changes! Look at me!”

Grogar somehow resisted the urge to slam his own hoof into his face. Instead, he blasted a hole in a nearby wall with his magic. “Looking at you gives me a headache! At least you finally did as you were told and worked together..”

“Of course!” Cozy said.

“Whatever you command!” Tirek said, as Grogar stomped off through the hole he had made.

“Forget all about that old bell!” Chrysalis called after him. “You were right. We’re so much more powerful…when we work as a team.” She made sure he was out of sight, then glanced back at the hidden bell, and smiled.

Cozy, meanwhile, panicked. “Oh thank Celestia he didn’t see it,” she said, flitting over to the stalagmite they’d hidden it behind when Grogar had appeared much sooner than any of them had anticipated. They’d stuck it behind the first hiding place they could see, but they’d been lucky. “I’ll go hide this in the lake.”

“I’ll make sure you hide it in the lake,” Tirek added, following Cozy as she flittered off.

“I…will join you shortly,” Chrysalis said.