• Published 7th Apr 2019
  • 2,547 Views, 136 Comments

Old Mare Luna - Leondude



In an alternate universe where the villains won, Luna is busy living a quiet life in a land far away from Equestria. But one day an old friend shows up to ask a favor of her.

  • ...
13
 136
 2,547

Chapter 6 - A flurry of traumatic events

Discord noticed Shining Armor and Cadence fighting valiantly in the distance as more and more ponies under Sombra's control began cornering them. He quickly teleported over to them and snapped his fingers to make a trap-door appear under some of them, causing the ponies to fall down on top of each-other.

"My leg" one of the ponies said in a dull tone devoid of any emotion.

"Glad to see you, Discord" Shining Armor said before he and Cadence looked around as they were pushing back Sombra's forces.

"Where's Twilight?" Cadence asked

"I was wondering the same thing myself" Discord replied "You'd think by now she and her friends would have teleported to Canterlot and blasted Sombra with the elements by now."

"Have you tried calling the other princesses for help?"

"I did but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I know they tend to sit at the sidelines and let Twilight and her friends handle things, but since that even I'm starting to have doubts about this being one of those times where they win, you'd think those two would show up by now."

Eventually, Discord, Cadence and Shining Armor managed to clear a pathway for them to run at, with a line of mind-controlled ponies being covered in ice cream, flex tape, and bubble gum. But just when they thought they could escape, a dark crystal formed out of the ground and impaled Shining Armor through his left hind leg. Shining Armor cried out in agony as the crystal tore through his leg, falling to the floor in the process.

"Shining Armor!" Cadence shouted out as she quickly ran to her beloved.

Soon enough, Sombra's forces have caught up to everypony, with Discord trying to hold them off for as long as he could while Cadence helped Shining Armor up. And then he saw a black cloud of smoke form into King Sombra.

"Aw, did I do that?" Sombra said before letting out another evil laugh.

Cadence was staring daggers at Sombra at that point, tears welling up in her eyes. She then charged up a blast of magic and zapped Sombra as hard as she could, but Sombra dodged the attack quickly. She kept attacking him in rage before Sombra decided to forego her attempts at wounding him and just made a crystal form straight from the ground and into her chest. The crystal went through Cadence's heart like a knife through butter, with Cadence coughing up some blood as it did so.

"No!" Shining Armor cried out as he tried to get back up. But it was no use as Sombra decided to drive more crystals through Shining Armor until he looked like a bloodied pin cushion, with one crystal even gouging out his right eye.

Discord turned around and was shocked at the brutality of Sombra's murder of Shining Armor. While Sombra is currently giving Trixie a run for her money in terms of smugness, it is clear to Discord that Sombra isn't fooling around this time. And then he heard Cadence whispering something.

"Dis...cord...take...F...lurry...Heart."

Cadence, with what little strength she had left, pointed to Flurry Heart, who was bravely defending herself from Sombra's forces. Sombra noticed this and gleefully shot a lethal blast of magic at Flurry Heart's way. Discord quickly ran and blocked the attack by jumping onto Flurry Heart. He picked her up and quickly tried running to somewhere safe. But Flurry Heart was making it difficult. She tried escaping Discord's grasp by flying and crawling over him but it was no use. She was crying as she did so, wanting to protect her mother and father. But it was too late. Cadence bled out from her injuries and Shining Armor was pierced head-to-hoof on Sombra's crystals. Discord quickly opened up a portal to his home in Chaosville and pushed Flurry Heart in there before entering himself and closing the portal behind him. He sat down and panted in fear as Flurry Heart's crying grew louder.

Hours had passed as he kept checking to see if Sombra and his forces have disappeared by now. But they haven't. More and more ponies wearing helmets showed up every time he checked, along with the places he checked being covered in more and more of Sombra's crystals. He also checked to see in the Mane 6 are at their homes or any other place they could be. But they weren't. Their homes were either barren or destroyed. And what's worse is that all of Ponyville has been entirely consumed by the Everfree Forest. Whenever he tried to get some rest after more and more checks, his fear for the lives of his friends and Flurry Heart's uncontrollable sobbing made such a thing impossible. The last time he tried getting rest, he covered his ears with his pillow. After enough tossing and turning, he gave up and shouted something he wanted to say to Flurry Heart ever since she got here.

"Shut up!!!"

While Flurry Heart immediately went quiet after that outburst, Discord's anger faded away as he looked at Flurry tearful face. He sighed as he laid back down on his bed, wondering how Fluttershy can handle so many needy creatures. She makes it look so easy.

"What am I going to do with you?"


In spite of Flurry Heart's silence, Discord still had difficulty getting some rest. He tried telling himself that Fluttershy and her friends will come back eventually to save the day. And since the sun in Equestria hasn't moved yet, it might as well be a day that never ends until they come to save it. But that didn't work. Nothing worked. What felt like years had past and Discord still waited for Fluttershy and her friends to show up and make everything go back to normal. He waited but they never came. Then, he heard a knock on his door. He opened it up, hoping it would be Fluttershy. But instead, it was an old blue ram.

"Who are you supposed to be?"

"I am Grogar, emperor of Equestria."

"Grogar? I thought you were a fairy tale for little foals."

"You aren't the first person to make that assumption. I suppose when one has hidden away for as long as I have, one does become a legend. But I assure you, there is always a bit of truth in legends."

"Well, 'Emperor Grogar', what do you want?"

"To offer you a gift."

Grogar then walked backwards and motioned his left foreleg to a box. The box was the size of an adult pony and was purple in colour, with the edges made of gold. Discord opened the box and what he saw inside was the one thing he never wanted to see.

"Fluttershy?"

Author's Note:

More violence and feels from yours truly, now with a cliffhanger that will have you waiting two agonizing weeks to find out what happens next. Enjoy. :twilightsmile:

Also, I said this once but I shall say it again:

Take that, those who accuse me to retreading Old Man Logan! :rainbowwild: