• Published 7th Apr 2019
  • 2,553 Views, 136 Comments

Old Mare Luna - Leondude



In an alternate universe where the villains won, Luna is busy living a quiet life in a land far away from Equestria. But one day an old friend shows up to ask a favor of her.

  • ...
13
 136
 2,553

Chapter 15 - The King Is Dead

King Sombra walked through the castle of the Crystal Empire, summoning dark crystals throughout its labyrinthine halls. There were some royal guards that resisted his control, all of whom Sombra impaled them with his crystals. As he kept walking, he heard one of the impaled guards murmuring something unintelligible.

"What are you whispering, guardspony?" Sombra asked. "Was it a prayer?"

Sombra moved closer to the guard while grinning sinisterly.

"I can assure you there are no alicorns today. Only me."

As Sombra walked off laughing, Grogar observed him from his afar on a snowy mountaintop. He was impressed at how Sombra much was capable of, even defeating the two sisters. However, he was there when Sombra's declared that he would rule all of Equestria while having the element bearers at his mercy.

"That arrogant fool!" Grogar muttered to himself, "Does he really think he can alter the deal behind my back and get away with it?"

Grogar trekked back to his lair. When he arrived, he noticed Tirek, Cozy Glow and Chrysalis all holding hooves, or hands in Tirek's case. He felt a sense of relief knowing that they were now learning the benefits of teamwork, even though he can't help but sense that at least one of them would plot to betray everyone else and take Equestria for themselves. He gave a small chuckle to himself at the ridiculous notion of any of those three plotting to betray him, something that did not go unnoticed and caught the attention of the trio of baddies.

"Golly, what's so funny, Mr Grogar sir?" Cozy Glow asked in that faux-innocent tone of hers.

"Oh, nothing much, just thinking about King Sombra and what I'm about to do to him."

"Did he succeed?" Tirek asked.

"He did, surprisingly," Grogar replied before walking to his crystal ball.

The ball showed them Sombra's bombastic declaration of him ruling all of Equestria.

"However, it appears his pride has gotten the better of him. After I have dealt with him, we shall carve up Equestria amongst ourselves."

The ball showed a map all of Equestria, divided into colour-coded segments. The blue representing the land Sombra has already conquered, which will belong to Grogar once he has dealt with him. The green represents the land that will belong to Chrysalis, the pink representing the land that will belong to Cozy Glow, and the red representing the land that will belong to Tirek. They all smiled and laughed maliciously at the territory they will soon own. Grogar then walked away and teleported to where Sombra would be.


Sombra was walking through Yakyakistan, his mind-controlled forces not too far behind. The yaks charged at them but Sombra just simply stabbed them with his crystals or made them fall under his control. As he continued walking, he was now face-to-face with a familiar blue ram.

"King Sombra," Grogar said in a furiously deep tone, "We had a deal. You only get to reclaim your throne in the Crystal Empire. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Why would I need to honour your deal? I have already killed three of the princesses and I have broken the remaining one so thoroughly I didn't even need to kill he-"

But before Sombra could finish that sentence, he felt a tight grip around his neck. He then noticed the yellow jingles on Grogar's collar were glowing and that Grogar was wearing a sinister smile on his face.

"Your arrogance knows no bounds, I see. You broke the agreement we made. Now you shall learn the price for treachery!"

Grogar lifted Sombra up and threw him into a yak hut before lifting him up again and slamming him into the ground. Sombra tried to defend himself but Grogar's attack made him a bit groggy. Before he could give an attack of his own, Grogar threw the disoriented Sombra into one of his own dark crystals, which pierced straight through his black heart. Sombra screamed in agony as Grogar drove him even further into the crystal, which was now being soaked in Sombra's pitch black blood. Grogar then used his magic to grab a spear that belonged to one of Sombra's mind-controlled guards and sliced straight through his eyes, eliciting another pained cry from him. He rammed the spear through Sombra's skull before using the spear to pull the top half of his head clean off. As the near-headless Sombra gurgled on his own blood, his brain exposed as a result of Grogar's last attack, Grogar pulled the spear out of Sombra's skull and used it to stab right through his exposed brain before pulling the spear back out and raising it triumphantly above his head, brain still attached to the spearhead.

"The king is dead. Long live the king!"


Back in the present, Grogar was busy looking at a glass cabinet filled with all sorts of trophies he collected during his conquest of Equestria. In the centre was a long white horn and a tiara resting upon a red cushion. Below the horn were three smaller horns, one of which formerly belonged to Princess Twilight Sparkle. He then heard a guard walk into the room.

"Some may consider this to be morbid," Grogar said to the guard behind him, "but I believe that the horn of Princess Celestia herself is probably my greatest trophy of all. The beasts of my time wore the skin of their fallen foes. I don't see how I can't do the same."

"Emperor Grogar, the Flibbertygibbet twins have captured some resistance members," the guard announced,
"Should I send them in?"

"You may."

The guard whistled while making a gesture to tell the Flibbertygibbet twins to come in. The twins were carrying an alicorn, a draconequus, and an Earth pony behind them with their magic, all tied up, unconscious, and covered in little dark crystals. Grogar turned around and looked at the backpack they also brought with them with a smile.

"I see these are the potions I've been hearing rumours about."

"They say it can give those who drink them the power of four alicorns and two draconequi,." Flibberty said.

"Well then, they have yet to meet me."

Grogar then noticed his captives waking up. Knowing who they were, he waited for them to regain consciousness. The navy blue alicorn was the first one to wake up.

"Ah, Luna. What a pleasant surprise. And here I thought the only alicorn that was still alive was Flurry Heart."

Luna looked over Grogar and noticed a cabinet filled with horns, wings, hooves, even a few pelts.

"When Sombra told me he broke you, I thought he meant he left you for dead," Grogar said before kicking Luna in the chest, "Guess I'll have to do it myself."

Grogar walked over the unconscious draconequus and Earth pony before zapping a jolt of magic at the draconequus. The zap wasn't enough to kill the draconequus but it did jolt him awake.

"Discord. Have you reconsidered my offer?" Grogar asked.

"Nope." Discord groaned as he tried to rise to his feet, eventually flopping back onto the floor. "Perhaps you should have visited when I was going through my bargaining phase."

"How unfortunate."

Grogar then looked a the unconscious Earth pony lying beside Discord. While Grogar had no idea who this pony was, if the pony was against him, he would serve as a reminder of what happens when one defies Grogar. Grogar stepped back and addressed Luna and Discord.

"Here's the deal. Since you two have experience in ruling Equestria with an iron hoof, or fist in your case, Discord, I will spare your lives if you submit and swear fealty to me."

Discord then laughed at Grogar's statement, something that annoyed the ram sorcerer to a slight degree.

"What do you find so amusing?!" Grogar bellowed.

"Well, I hate to break it to you, Grogar, but we don't do evil bad guy stuff anymore. Lulu over here has taken up rock farming while I have been helping ponies with their marriage problems. While neither of those are as fun as causing a bit of chaos, as far as I'm concerned, my brand of chaos is much more fun when I have somepony to share it with."

"You're joking."

"Does a pony that correctly guesses my original plan for a tea party that involved green tea that turns you green, ginseng tea that actually sings, furniture that rests on the ceiling, and stairs that go nowhere sound like I'm joking to you? How many ponies do you know that knows you so well that they anticipate whatever chaos you might bring to the table?"

"If a pony can predict what you're going to do, then you are a poor lord of chaos indeed."

"Heh. Then clearly, you've never met my cousin, Eris."

Grogar grew weary of Discord's prattling and teleported him, Luna and the Earth pony into the dungeon beneath the palace so he could prepare for their execution. He smiled as he walked out of the room and passed the Flibbertygibbet twins, imagining the satisfaction of killing the princess of the night and the lord of chaos in just one day.

Author's Note:

Riddle me this, Sombra. What do you get when you try to screw over an ancient evil overlord?

So, our heroes have been captured by Grogar's forces and are about to be executed. How are they going to get out of this mess? Find out next time in two weeks!