• Published 11th Feb 2019
  • 1,607 Views, 76 Comments

Displaced, But Nothing Goes Right - BradyBunch



A Displaced story, but every cliche and step of the way goes wrong, and most of the time I die.

  • ...
23
 76
 1,607

If I Try To Awaken A New Power Within Me, But I Fail And Immediately Die

“Nightmare Moon!” I bellowed with all the force I could muster. “You have failed Equestria!”

Nightmare Moon didn't even respond to the Arrow reference. Instead she fired a powerful laser at my face.

I flurried the blade in front of my face wildly, and to my immense surprise, the laser bolt deflected off my wide blade and ricocheted into the stone floor, blowing rubble into the air with an explosive burst.

Being the shut-in loser that I am, I had watched a lot of anime, so my next step was to charge wildly at her while cleaving my blade downward. I was sure that it would work.

The alicorn, however, had either watched a lot of anime herself or she simply knew what I was doing next. She stepped aside and stuck out her leg. I stumbled over it like I was in a Loony Toons cartoon and collapsed on the ground. My awesome Bleach sword skittered away beyond my arm’s reach.

I wiggled over to the sword on my elbows, but Nightmare Moon stomped on my arm, halting my movement. Looking up, I saw that her round face was amused, but disappointed.

“Thou must be joking,” she bluntly said. “Thou canst not be so pathetic if thou art indeed a warrior, as thou appeareth to be from thy garb.”

Stupid Ichigo outfit. For the first time I cursed my above-average cosplay-making abilities.

Nightmare Moon took my arm, raised it above her head, and negligently hurled me across the courtyard. I rolled on impact and hit an opposite wall so hard stars began to dance in my eyes. Weakly, I crawled away, but it was a slow and staggering ordeal.

“Say goodbye to thy life, foolish warrior!” Nightmare Moon cried. The chime from her horn shimmered in my ears.

The magic sound reminded me that magical powers existed among all living creatures in Equestria. I was now a living creature in Equestria, so it would naturally be certain that I would now possess some measure of magic.

All this raced through my head in a fraction of a second. When it did, I knew what I had to do. I already had a mystical sword that had all the powers from the anime. Maybe upon coming here, I had acquired additional magic as well.

There was only one option left. No road left but the one that leads to the end.

With little hope that it might actually work, I stretched forth my hand towards my sword with determination nonetheless. I imagined Luke Skywalker reaching out with the Force in the Wampa cave in Empire Strikes Back. I reached for my sword with all my might and will, and commanded it to come to my hand.

Nothing happened. The sword didn't budge.

Nightmare Moon triumphantly fired a laser at my face, and my head promptly blew off.

Then I freaking died.

Author's Note:

You ever get that feeling of Deja Vu?