• Published 16th Jan 2019
  • 1,665 Views, 37 Comments

The New Substitutes - Chemtest

  • ...
2
 37
 1,665

What Does This Thing Do?

Discord sips from a can of soda in his sitting room, watching his 146 inch tv. He introduced everyone to their room, each equipped with a large bed, a mini fridge, a computer, and other essentials. He even made sure to have bells equipped so they could ring them if they needed any assistance.

He takes another sip from the can, only to find it empty. He throws it to the side, and lands it inside an open trash can. As he does this, one of the bells ring, the one to Sombra’s room.

Discord goes to the stairs, and starts to go up. He grabs a vase from a holding place, and snaps it into chocolate milk. He drinks from it as he walks up the stairs, before snapping it back and placing it into another holding place at the top of the stairs.

He opens up Sombra’s door, and walks in, “What is it?”

Sombra can be seen staring at a computer with confusion, “What does this thing do?”

Discord smiles, and walks over, “Ah, yes, the computer. It is a treasure trove of information and fun. You use that mouse there and click on stuff you want to open.”

Sombra hesitantly moves the mouse around, and sees it move around on screen. He squints his eye at something on the screen, “What’s this ‘Youtube’ thing?”

Discord leans over, “YouTube! Oh, it’s a wonderful place! People from everywhere can upload videos for you to watch. Go ahead and click on whatever you find interesting.”

Sombra looks at the titles until one catches his interest, “Me-me review?” He leans back, and stokes his chin, “Cannot say I’ve heard of a ‘me-me’ before. This peaks my interest.”

Discord nods and smiles, “I’ll be out then.”

Discord steps out, only to hear yet another bell. He goes down a different hall to get to Chrysalis. He walks in, and speaks, “Yes?”

She stares at some of the icons on the computer oddly, “What’s with the name on some of these things? Like, ‘Internet Explorer’ is self explanatory, it’s an Explorer for an Internet. Said Internet seeming to be a huge archive of information. But what about these other things? CS:GO? Metal Gear Solid? What do such things mean?”

Discord leans over, and looks at the two said games, “Oh, I almost forgot I had the original Metal Gear! Well, CA:GO stands for Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and is a multiplayer game. Metal Gear Solid is a game about stealth and infiltration, sneaking instead of shooting. Very story driven compared to the relatively meaningless shooting in Counter Strike.”

Chrysalis smiles, “Stealth and infiltration? I think I might just try this ‘Metal Gear Solid’ for a while.”

She clicks on the icon, and Discord exits from the room. As he exits, the final bell goes off.

Discord sighs a bit as he walks over to Tirek’s room. He opens the door with yet another smile, “Yes?”

Tirek scratches his beard as he comptemplates something on the screen, “What is an ‘I Tunes’? And for that matter, what is a ‘Fallout: New Vegas’?”

Discord leans against the door frame, “I Tunes is something that allows you to listen to music. Fallout New Vegas is the best Fallout game made.” He turns to a random wall, acting as if he’s taunting someone invisible, “Fight me.” Then he turns back to Tirek, “It’s a single player RPG, very fun, and oh so modded from when I play it.”

Tirek clicks on I Tunes, and smiles a slight bit as he looks at one of the bands, “Metallica? Strange name for a band, I like it. Whatever this picture is with their name on it looks right up my alley.” He turns to face Discord, “What does this ‘Metallica’ play? Polka, Orchestra, Ponystep, Country?”

Discord shakes his head, “Nah, they play something you haven’t ever heard before, Tirek. They play Metal, or Heavy Metal If you’ve never heard Heavy Metal before. For some reason, I believe you would like it.”

He goes ahead and clicks on ‘One’ and the intro of the song starts to play, “Thank you, Discord.”

Discord nods, and steps out of the room. He glides down the stairs handrails, and deposits himself back on his couch.

He grabs his Duck Hunt NES pistol, and puts in Friday the 13th. He prepares the pistol. Be very, very quiet. He’s hunting Pamela.