• Published 16th Jan 2019
  • 1,665 Views, 37 Comments

The New Substitutes - Chemtest

  • ...
2
 37
 1,665

Conflict

Tirek snaps at the students, “Tell me, what mistake did he make?!”

One student raises their hand, “He fought too many opponents at once!”

Tirek shakes his head, “Incorrect! He made an alliance with nations that were not ready for war, and yet declared many of them!” Tirek points at Japan, “America, the sleeping giant, awoken by a nation of pathetic and peaceful fools!” He snaps at Italy, “Greece, giving the largest navy in the world a place to land because of a country who’s stuck in the previous war!” Tirek points at another student, “You! Tell me, what should Adolf Hitler done to begin with?”

The Magic Theif smiles, “He should’ve pushed Italy to declare war on Greece, and then join Greece in the war and invade through the Alps. Then he would’ve owned the land he needed for factories, and he wouldn’t have to declare war on the Benelux to get through France. Then the American army couldn’t have known he would try to push through the northern forest, and he could’ve retaken France easily, focusing his forces against the Soviet Union instead.”

Tirek is about to speak, but is interrupted as a vent is sent flying off a wall. It impacts the opposite wall, and Discord crawls out of there on all fours. He climbs onto the ceiling, and starts to sniff around. Tirek sighs, “Discord, why were you in that vent?”

Discord sniffs again, and drops to the ground, standing straight up, “I smell conflict. A very familiar smell of conflict. Tell me, Tirek, is it not lunch period one?”

Tirek nods, “Yeah, it is.”

Discord kicks open the door, and rushes down the hallway. Tirek looks back at the class, and scratches his goatee, “Uhh, any of you Chaos kids have an explanation?”

Big Twist speaks up, snapping his fingers from pens back to normal, “Someone is causing conflict, Discord is investigating it.”

Meanwhile, Discord finds his legs moving like the Road Runner. He slams to a halt outside the lunch room, and he takes a big sniff.

He can smell conflict and chaos being sewn. Yet, something about the conflict is not natural. No, it is definitely familiar, and it is not natural.

He opens the door a sliver, and shrinks his head to fit it through. He sees the three students from earlier that day, walking around the lunch room. Then he hears their singing, and his mind starts to go slightly fuzzy.

Students stand up and begin fighting, shouting, and all around just having any conflict. He feels content, and his fuzzy mind tells him to just sit there.

Then his eyes lock onto something else. Something wrong.

Celestia is sitting there, doing nothing, watching her school decend into chaos.

Discord snaps out of it, and draws himself as far away from the lunch doors as possible. He pants and coughs, getting all the artificial conflict out of his system.

He looks at the doors, still barely able to hear the singing.

He picks up a claw, and snaps, disappearing from the school.