• Published 16th Jan 2019
  • 1,665 Views, 37 Comments

The New Substitutes - Chemtest

  • ...
2
 37
 1,665

Sombra

Every step taken can be heard through the entire hall, his metal boot crashing down with each forceful step.

Students sit in their room, nervously shifting from the glares between the two corners of the room. A group of students came in dressed completely in black with green highlights. Gloves, sleeves, pants, all but their face. They glare at the Chaos students in the opposite corner of the room. The Chaos glare back with eyes in the side of their head. Another two groups glare at each other. One student, wearing completely red, and Scarlet Chorus, who is dressed in the same red with a strange green aura surrounding him, glare across the room. One student wearing completely purple and blue, and Dis Favor, who wears brown and grey with a purple and blue aura surrounding himself, glare back. Those outside the four cliques shift as they feel the tension in the room, almost as sharp as a well kept sword.

But as everyone knows, it takes good armor to stop a sword.

Sombra opens the door, and walks right in. The tension in the room is broken as even the Chaos have to look to him. If Chrysalis’s aura was that of a Queen, Sombra’s is one of a God. A sort of authority that is one in a billion, the authority of a well respected King. And more importantly, a well feared King. His entire body covered with smooth, shiny, silver armor kept in a perfect looking grey, without making it look dirty. It is perfectly complemented by a kingly red robe with white fur at the ends. His eye whites are pure green with pure red eyes, with a seemingly endless purple fire burning at the end of his eyes. His hair a everflowing piece of pure darkness and shadow. He stands straight, far taller than either of the two other teachers, and almost too tall to fit in a room. About the same size as Principle Celestia. A meter stick peaks it’s head from its sheath on his back, with a ruler situated on his waist, with extra bandoliers around his body carrying markers and pencils.

He glares out at the classroom, getting their absolute attention. Then he speaks, a dark voice with a slight Spanish accent, “You are all weak. None of you could beat me even if you teamed up. You do not know how to wield a sword and duel. You do not know how to lead. You do not know how to defeat an enemy absolutely and totally. You don’t know how to keep an unhappy population within order. You do not know how to keep an Empire running when your people can barely eat. You do not know how to inspire people to work harder so they won’t die in the winter. You do not know the elation of conquest. I am here to teach you how to be a King. How to do all I just listed, as I did.”

He takes a breath before continuing on, “A long time ago, there was a land in chaos. A group of people fled the land, led by their King. They fled to the north, and kept fleeing until they saw something in the snow. A city, with the power to keep out the snow and cold, and keep all within the city safe, and they could grow food within. They grew prosperous as time went on, until the chaos in the land they left turned itself to them. The land turned inferile in the winter, the mines all caved in, all with the snap of a finger. The people hid away from the chaos, until the King had to put a stop to it. Tapping into dark powers, the King managed to banish the chaos from his empire, but not the adverse effects it had. Now the people had barely any food, and didn’t work east enough to be able to eat for the winter. Any crystal mined could no longer be traded, and had to be used for weapons and armor to defend against attacking enemies. The King saw this, and didn’t let it stand. He made his people work harder, so they could eat and survive, he made his soldiers train harder, so they could better defend their already measly supplies. The people got unhappy, but they were still alive.”

He takes a breath, and clenches his fist, “The Queens of the land they had come from heard of his people’s unhappiness. They were furious that this splinter nation even existed in the first place, much less that they were unhappy. They heard the people’s unhappiness, and didn’t even think to check if they were only just surviving because of that!” He slams his armored gauntlet down on the desk, “So they decided to march their entire army to the Empire because of a damned assumption! I challenged them to a duel and won fair and square! Then they break out their Malditos elementos! The entire city was banished from existence for a millennia, because of a Maldita suposición! Luego volvieron y me mataron otra vez!

He clenches his fist some more, and forces it to his side, “The Empire was called the Crystal Empire posthumously, as the only remains of the city were a single red crystal. The Empire fell, and it’s King and it’s people disappeared for one thousand years. I am here to make sure something like that doesn’t ever happen again. I will teach you the three most important things in running an Empire. Fear, conquest, and dueling. If you can scare an enemy, they will not attack. If they do, you need to know how to attack as well. If it comes down to a battle, you need to be out on the battlefield as well.”

He looks up at the class, “Estudiantes, when I am through with you, we will never have another situation like the Empire.”