• Published 16th Jan 2019
  • 1,665 Views, 37 Comments

The New Substitutes - Chemtest

  • ...
2
 37
 1,665

Consequences

Celestia sits across from Discord, rubbing her eyes, “Discord, there is going to be fallout from this.”

Discord nods, “From the Harmonic Dissonance? Oh, believe me, I know.”

She looks up, “Har- you know what, I don’t even care. It can come later.” She leans forward, “Tirek has just broken one of my students once again. Adagio had ten broken bones, and she had to go to the ER.”

Discord’s eyes widen, “Seriously? These human forms of theirs must be weak. Like, I bashed her on the head with a hammer at least five times and she didn’t even get a bruise back in Equestria.”

Celestia shakes her head, “This isn’t Equestria, Discord. We aren’t creatures of magic, of great strength, or anything. Tirek has more strength than even the best bodybuilder, and he is a danger to my school.”

Discord nods, “He is a useful danger, Celestia. Without him, we would have all been screwed.”

Celestia narrows her eyes, “Discord, I don’t care how useful he is. The world is pitching a fit over him, which means I am suffering because of it.”

Discord grins, “Feh, why should they care? We stopped a group of mind controlling sirins who could have taken the world over. We-“

Celestia holds up a hand, “I know, Discord, I know. You are justifying this to the wrong person. To the outside world, all they see is this giant of a man beating up this teenage girl. The media is a riot, and it’s on my neck.”

Discord nods, “Yes, well, why don’t you just give a press-“

Celestia speaks before he can finish, “Discord, I am a principle of a school in New England with not even one thousand students. I cannot give a press conference to the world. I am not some Princess of the Sun, not some goddess like the Celestia you know. Tirek is a substitute teacher, and Adagio is a teenage girl, and you are an immortal man, and this is a different world.”

Discord pauses, “Well... yeah, you are right. I just have trouble remembering that at times. I’m sorry, Principle Celestia.”

She sighs, leaning back in her chair, “Discord, using my title doesn’t get you anywhere. I’ve spent the last week speaking to the press and media in order to make them be content.”

Discord leans forward, “Why? If Tirek is such a problem, just fire him.”

She looks at him, and slightly smiles, “It’s because I still trust you, Discord.”

Discord looks at her, and leans back slightly, “Trust me?”

She nods, “You have, surprisingly, never led me wrong, Discord. You stopped Sunset, you stopped Adagio, and you’ve constantly topped the list of best teachers. Even when you would choose places for us to go to for dinner, or made it yourself, you somehow never chose wrong.”

Discord looks beyond her, his eyes slightly wide, “Celestia, you have no idea how much that means.”

Celestia smiles, “Then I hope you will prove me right. I’m trusting you to stop Tirek.”

Discord pauses, and his form slightly shifts to become more draconequus in form, “Moi, Celestia? You trust me to stop him? But what if I were to miss Fluttershy’s tea time?”

Celestia raises an eyebrow, “Discord?”

He nods, “Well, I suppose I’ll have to cancel tea time for this week. After all, this is what friends do.” He reaches up, and looks at his hand as it shifts into talons, “But what about freedom? Yes, why should Chaos be bound by ponies?” He begins to cackle, “Yes, he’s right! This is all just them taking advantage of me! Friend, feh, Fluttershy is a slave master!”

Celestia looks at the talon with slight concern, “Discord, are you alright?”

Discord smiles widely, his snaggletooth growing longer, “Tirek is a true friend, for he freed me from my bonds!” He pauses, and his smile falls, “Why do you look so betrayed, Fluttershy? I’m Chaos, you should have seen this coming from a mile away. Would you ever forgive me? Can I go back? Do I deserve this?”

Celestia clears her throat, “Discord, I’ll allow you to take me to dinner.”

Discord breaks out of his trance, shifting fully back into his human form. He looks at Celestia again, “What?”

She smiles, “If you can make Tirek better, then I shall allow you to take me to dinner.”

Discord’s mouth hangs open a tiny bit, “R-really?”

She nods, “Well, you’ll have all of our trip to Camp Everfree to do it. Then, if you can make Tirek better, you can take me out to dinner.”

He pauses, and smirks, “I accept your wager, dear Celestia.” He stands up, and moves to the office’s door, glancing back str her, and grinning, “I’ll see you at Everfree.”

Celestia smirks as he moves outside, and she laughs slightly as she hears an outburst on the other side.

Discord pumps his fist, “Yes! Ha-ha, Discord, you did it!” He looks out into the hallway, and wraps his arm around one random student, “You, come on, we’re getting ice cream.”

Sunset Shimmer winces as Discord drags her along, “I still have class, Discord.”

Discord grins at her, “Bacon Hair! Oh, fancy meeting you here.”

She raises an eyebrow, “In the school hallway?”

He waves his hand, “Doesn’t matter. Look, you can either go to class, or come with me to get some ice cream. I’m in a happy mood, and I feel like buying someone ice cream.”

She smiles, “Ice cream, I suppose.”

Discord drags her along even more, “Good! Come on, I know a good place!”