• Published 16th Jan 2019
  • 1,665 Views, 37 Comments

The New Substitutes - Chemtest

  • ...
2
 37
 1,665

Plot

Gloriosa walks through the forest alone, headed towards the administrative building.

However, she pauses as she hears something fall from a tree beside her. She looks, “Hello?”

A voice speaks from behind her, “Gloriosa Daisy.”

She turns around, meeting Chrysalis face to face. She backs up slightly, “You’re... Chrysalis, right?”

Chrysalis nods, “Correct. How did you know?”

She smiles slightly, “Well, you and the other three Substitutes have been all in the news. You’re practically a celebrity.”

Chrysalis pauses, “That is useful information.”

Gloriosa smiles, “Oh, you must need something. How can I help?”

Chrysalis grins, “Actually, I believe the question is if you want my help. You see, I couldn’t help but notice that businessman earlier today.”

Gloriosa frowns, “You don’t need to worry about him. He’s just an old camper who wanted to have a little visit.”

Chrysalis raises an eyebrow, “Is that so? Well, I personally find it odd that an old camper would be holding some stupid debts over your head.”

Gloriosa’s eyes widen, “How’d you figure out about that?”

Chrysalis smiles, “I know a lot, and I eventually figure out every little secret. It’s written all over your face. Fear, anger, worry, panic, every emotion that would point to that. You’re so worried, I’m almost seeing wrinkles already.” She laughs a bit, before affixing Gloriosa with a serious look, “You want him gone.”

Gloriosa shakes her head, “Gone? No, of course not.”

Chrysalis moves slightly closer, “You mean you don’t want to pay off your debts to him?”

She pauses, “Wait, you meant making him gone by paying our debts.”

Chrysalis nods, “Why, of course that’s what I meant. If you picked up any other impression, it must have just been your own mind filling in gaps.”

Gloriosa nods, “Well, of course I want him to be gone through paying my debts. But the camp can’t afford it just yet.”

Chrysalis moves closer again, “Will the camp ever be able to afford paying such ridiculous debts?”

Gloriosa pauses, “I... don’t quite know. This week is all the time we have. And I don’t know if we can truly make that much.”

Chrysalis moves to Gloriosa’s side, placing her hand on her shoulder. Green magic slowly begins to channel itself into Gloriosa, and Chrysalis smiles, “Wouldn’t it just be so much easier if all that debt never existed?”

Gloriosa nods, “It would be. Or if all that debt were to just disappear.”

Chrysalis whispers into her ear, “He wants to demolish all of this. Your land, your camp... your home. All for a few extra dollars in his bank account. He’s a greedy man, preying upon a naive little girl. Are you going to just allow that to happen?”

She shakes her head, “No... I have to stand up for my home. For my camp. I have to fight.”

Chrysalis grins, “He’s the villain, and you’re the hero.”

She nods, “Yes, and I have to defeat him.”

Chrysalis summons more green magic, pouring it into her, “He needs to disappear. Others don’t know what he’s doing, they won’t see your cause as righteous.”

She smiles, “Yes... disappear.”

Chrysalis grins, “But you aren’t good enough. Not yet. No, you need somebody who will train you. Somebody you can trust.” She looks Gloriosa in the eyes, “A Queen to follow.”

She looks back into Chrysalis’s eyes, “Will you train me?”

Chrysalis smirks, “Will you bow to me?”

Gloriosa nods, “Yes, of course, my Queen.”

Chrysalis smiles widely as Gloriosa’s eyes flash green, “Then you shall be able to make him disappear forever.”