• Published 16th Jan 2019
  • 1,665 Views, 37 Comments

The New Substitutes - Chemtest

  • ...
2
 37
 1,665

Ever Free

Discord leans against a bus, smiling as students climb on. He ensures that their bags and supplies go in the proper place, and even expands the bus holding area in order to fit everything comfortably.

He nods to a student as they climb on, only to see Sombra out the corner of his vision. He turns his head, and Sombra nods to him, “Discord.”

Discord grins, “Sombra, what is it?”

Sombra glances to a nearby bus, where Tirek helps students load their bags, “Discord, I wished to talk to you about Tirek.”

Discord nods, “Ah, yes, Tirek. Don’t worry, Sombra, you don’t have to worry about him harming anybody this time. I’ll stop him if if comes to that.”

Sombra smirks, “Discord, I already know of your bet with Celestia. I also know that Tirek will be fired if he messes up. Yet, I come to ask you, mi amigo, to leave Tirek to me.”

Discord narrows his eyes, “Leave Tirek to you?”

Sombra nods, “Yes, leave him to me. I know you wish to personally force Tirek to change. After all, brute force is usually your method.”

Discord laughs, “Brute force as my method? Sombra, you must not know me well if you say that.”

Sombra shakes his head, “Whatever, your method is usually direct, that’s what I meant. You are a trickster, Discord, not a king.”

Discord grins, “Really? I was a king longer than you, Sombra.”

Sombra smiles, “Yes, well, you are right. But you don’t have the traits of a king, like I do. Which is why I believe I should take care of Tirek. I understand him, I can inspire him, and I can change him.”

Discord pauses, and sighs, “Sombra, you must realize this is a difficult thing for me to agree to. Tirek has already cost me my best friend’s trust, and I’m not sure I’m ready to place Celestia’s trust to that chance.”

Sombra nods, “I can understand, Discord. I wish you good luck with Tirek.” He turns and begins to walk back to his own bus.

Discord pauses for a second, before speaking, “I trust you.”

Sombra pauses, and looks back, “What was that, mi amigo?”

Discord nods, “I trust you, Sombra. If you think you can change him better than I could, then I trust you.”

Sombra grins, “Thank you, Discord, though that is quite the sudden change in mind.”

Discord smiles, “Well, friendship is all about sharing. Including sharing trust.”

Sombra nods, “And are we friends, Discord?”

Discord nods back, “I’d like to think that we are.”

Sombra smiles, “Then I shall not fail you, friend.”

Discord grins, and walks into the bus. He stands, and overlooks the students, “Alright, everybody, I hope you packed everything. If any of you forgot something, just tell me, and I’ll snap it into existence. Now then, are you all ready for Camp Everfree?”

There are a few students who mumble yes, and the others who simply nod.

Discord smiles, “Wonderful. Settle in, and get comfortable; it’s a slight trip there. Of course, we need to go over rules as well. Don’t fight, no matter how much you want to. Don’t do anything illegal, unless if it’s really funny. Respect the owners of the camp, their family have been friends of Canterlot High for a long time. Finally, go along with the flow. Even if you don’t really feel like doing an activity, just do it. Trust me, it’s more fun when you just do it.” He pauses, and nods, “Alright, let’s get this show on the road.”

He sits down in the front row seat, right next to Big Twist.

Big Twist grins, “Think there’s going to be any magical shenanigans during this trip, Discord?”

Discord chuckles, “You are provoking Murphy, Twist.”

Twist nods, “Oh, don’t worry, that’s my plan.”

Discord grins, “That plan is how you mess everyone’s day up, Twist. Quite chaotic of you.”

Twist smiles, “Does that mean extra credit?”

Discord pauses, “Ah, sure, I’ll give you some extra credit. But, tone down the chaos for this week.”

Twist nods, “Ah yes, for Principle Celestia?”

Discord smirks, “I don’t know how you found out about that, but yes. I actually do have a mission for you and the clique, Twist.”

Twist smiles, “Well, long as that mission is fun. Maybe I’ll gain a level.”

Discord nods, “I need you to keep an eye on my fellow Substitutes. Out of the three, I only truly trust one of them. Tirek has already betrayed me once, and is quite dangerous. Chrysalis, well, Changelings are quite shifty creatures.”

Twist laughs, “Sounds quite racist of you, Discord.”

Discord chuckles, “Alright, you got me there. That’s more credit for you.”

Twist grins, “Thank you. Though, seriously, what’s the reason for why you don’t trust Chrysalis?”

Discord sighs, “You see, her family and I don’t have the best history. Her mother, Queen Metamorphosis, killed my brother.”

The grin falls from Twist’s face, “Oh. I didn’t know you even had a brother.”

Discord nods, “His name was Ordirus, King of Equestria, Spirit of Order. He ruled for a thousand years, keeping the land united and happy. Then, after he passed, came my one thousand years of rule. Then I passed the crown to Princess Celestia.”

Twist nods along, “So, you fear Chrysalis is going to try something like her mom?”

Discord glances over, “Yes. For all I know, she might plan to go over to Africa and become a rampaging warlord. She might assassinate the Queen, and take her place. She might take over North Korea, maybe even Belarus, Mexico, Luxembourg, Iran, anywhere. She tried to take over Equestria, who’s to say she won’t try to do the same with Earth? Especially when this place doesn’t have the magic she does?”

Twist grins, “Yeah, I can see why you don’t trust her now. To be honest, I don’t like her either. I’ll keep my eye on her.”

Discord holds up a finger, “Don’t actually take your eye out and put it on her.”

Twist pouts, “How’d you know?”

Discord grins, “I taught you too well, Twist. Now then, let’s quiet down and allow the intro song to play as we get to Everfree.”