• Published 12th Dec 2018
  • 452 Views, 13 Comments

The Chatter Box Season One - TRIBOT 4000



Welcome to the Chatter Box. I'm your host Trochanter the Changeling, Chanter for short. To my left here is my co-host Ms Harshwhinny. Let's see Equestria holds for us today.

  • ...
 13
 452

Episode 1

Intro Music
The screen fades in. Trochanter the changeling, naked as usual, sits in a blue armchair with a large smile on his face.

"Good morning everyone and welcome to The Chatter Box. I am your host Trochanter, or Chanter if you want, and here beside me is my co-host, Ms Harshwhinney. How are you today, Ms. Harshwhinney?"

A white couch separates Trochanter from an orange coated mare. Ms. Harshwhinney, sitting in her own chair, although it was less cushioned, replies in the posh way she was accustomed, "I am fine Mr. Trochanter." She turned to the camera, "And today we have something very interesting to talk about. Today, Princess Celestia herself is going to be our guest of honor."

Chanter buzzed his wings in anticipation, "That's right Ms. Harshwhinney. Princess Celestia will be giving us a short explanation as to the reason behind sending her prized student, Twilight Sparkle, to the small unassuming town of Ponyville. She has yet to arrive, I'm sure she is very busy, running the country and all, but I would like to ask you Ms. Harshwhinney, why do you believe she did this."

Ms. Harshwhinney gave a small chuckle and raised her hoof in a familiar gesture, indicating that the answer was obvious, "Well, if you look at the return of Princess Luna as Nightmare Moon, it's quite obvious really. Celestia knew the date of her sisters return and decided that sending someone she trusted, and someone who knew the power of Harmony cou…"

"Wait a second." the changeling interrupted, "Wasn't Twilight a bit of a loner before she left Canterlot? I heard that she called the ponies in Ponyville crazy after a mere day with them."

Ms. Harshwhinney was about to retort but instead put a hoof on her chin to think. After a few seconds she came to a realization, "That might actually explain a lot."

"How so?"

She cleared her throat, "Well, Twilight didn't fully understand the magic of friendship, so would it not make sense to send her somewhere she could learn it? The Princess was probably limited on time."

Trochanter rolled his eyes, "She had a thousand years. I think that qualifies as enough time to think of a way to reform your sister from an evil inner demon."

"Not if you are also blinded with grief!" Ms. Harshwhinney retorted, somewhat loudly, "Consider this: the very thought of Nightmare Night hurt her emotionally. She also had no way of knowing if her sister would be okay when she came back. ...What?"

Trochanter was suddenly distracted by something off-screen, "I'm getting signaled by one of our studio ponies. It seems Celestia has arrived." He turned to the camera, "Well, with that, we are going to switch to a commercial as we help Celestia get ready and comfortable. Stay tuned!"

The screen fades out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intro Music
The screen fades in. Trochanter is sitting in the same seat, however, now, Princess Celestia is sitting in the white couch that seperates

"Hello everyone, welcome back to the Chatter Box. I am your host, Trochanter, or Chanter for short. This lovely mare here is my co-host Ms. Harshwhinney, and no, your eyes do not deceive you. Princess Celestia, princess of Equestria is actually on set here with us." He motions to the Princess sitting in the couch, "Thank you very much for taking the time to come here and talk with us."

Celestia giggles in a heavenly way and replies, "I am also very happy to be here Mr. Trochanter."

"Please, just Chanter. Mr. Trochanter makes me feel old." silence reigns over the whole studio. Chanter looks down in embarrassment, "In hindsight, saying that to the several thousand year old princess does sound a bit conceited." Harshwhinney rolls her eyes as Celestia giggles.

"Well, I'll humor you, if you will call me Tia for the duration of this interview. Goddess of the Sun makes me feel old." Chanter snickered and Harshwhinney broke into a small smile.

"In that case, I guess we can start the first question. Ms. Harshwhinney?" The yellow maned manager of Equestrias Games picked up a clipboard from the coffee table and started reading.

"The first question is 'Why did you send Twilight to Ponyville with such impeccable timing?'"

Princess Celestia mulled over this momentarily before settling with an answer, "In complete honesty, I was placing a lot of my trust in my student, Twilight. She's such a bright little mare, but I was starting to fear that she was not getting out as much as she should have. When I sent her to Ponyville, she had no friends."

Chanter chuckled and said, "One Nightmare Moon reformation later? Problem solved!" Celestia laughed at this, bringing a hoof to her face. Harshwhinney even giggled a little bit.

Celestia added, "Completely fool proof. I do that for all my students." Chanter guffawed at this. When the laughter died down, Ms. Harshwhinney read the next question.

"Second question, 'have you ever had to imprison somepony for asking something?'"

"I am afraid I cannot answer that."

Trochanter and Ms. Harshwhinney both nodded in understanding, "Next question, 'In a short amount time, your 1,111st year of raising the sun alone will occur, but you and Luna had discovered the elements and beaten Discord over 2,000 years ago. Did you both just work together until then?'"

Celestia smiled devishly. Trochanter was one of the first to notice this.

"She's smiling everyone. That's not a normal smile."

"Yes," Harshwhinney added, "I must agree. No offence, Princess."

"None taken. Um...the reason that is so confusing is because, everypony… oh, everyone I mean. Sorry. Everyone tends to believe that, because of my sisters very precise one thousand years of banishment, everyone tends to believe that it was exactly two thousand years ago. Think about the fact that the information has to travel through embellished history books over years and years."

Trochanter nodded in understanding, "That makes sense. I'm sure there tons of things that have changed."

Celestia nodded vigorously, "Yes! Yes. The first original Equestria Game use to have people pledging their first-borns to Yakistan Chiefs."

"What?!" Ms. Harshwhinney shouted, wide-eyed. Luckily, Trochanter moved the time along.

"Anyway, let's get on to the next question. If you would please Ms. Harshwhinney?"

With a bit of struggling, Ms. Harshwhinney did eventually regain her composure, "Um... yes uh... the next question is 'What is the secret to your mane?'"

Princess Celestia giggled and rolled her eyes before responding to this one, "It's actually a very old spell. Back when both Luna and I foal-sized, many ponies did their manes and tails in this fashion. It was basically a trend as one might have it." she chuckled and looked off into the distance, "You know, it's very interesting how something that used to be so common is now seen as amazing impossibility."

Ms. Harshwhinney, being a mare, couldn't help but ask, "Do you ever plan revealing the spell to the public?"

"Possibly."

"Hmm... well, anyway, the next and final question is, 'Do you have any hooman in you..."

"It's pronounced 'human'."

"Oh, thank you. Ahem, 'Do you have any human in you?' and 'Do you want some?' Ugh! What a perverted young scoundrel. Asking such things of a mare. I may not know what exactly a human is but I understand the implications given. So very vulgar."

"What is a human, Tia?"

"Another question I'm afraid I cannot answer."

Trochanter would have protested but got a neck-cutting motion from Ms. Harshwhinney and decided to let the matter go, "Well, either way, thank you, Tia, for joining us today. It has truly been a huge honor." Trochanter stood up and bowed low, as did Ms. Harshwhinney.

"Please, stand up, the honor is all mine. Thank you so much for allowing me to come and give you share my knowledge."

Trochanter looked back at the camera, "With that said and done, we are going to take one more commercial break before commencing with the final session of this show. Stay tuned!"

The screen fades out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intro Music
The screen fades in. Trochanter and Ms. Harshwhinney are once again in their respective seats, however, Princess Celestia is no longer there.

Chanter is the first to get the conversation going, "So, what do you think Ms. Harshwhinney? Princess Celestia came, gave the show her 'blessing' per se, and it seems like our ratings are already through the roof."

Ms. Harshwhinney scoffed haughtily, "It's quite obvious that the show is doing well merely due to the presents of our diarchy. I don't believe it was anything more." Trochanter sat up, surprise written all over his face.

"How can you say something like that!? What isn't there to love about this show? You've got me, the peppy host who doesn't know when to shut up, you, the sexy co-host who's smarter than the host, and guests! This is bound to go on for longer than... longer than uh... some other show that... that's um... something. You know what I mean?"

Harshwhinney frowned, clearly annoyed, "I'm going to ignore the fact that you just called me sexy and move right to the point. This is not a professional setting. In fact, I only agreed to this out of amusement... and possibly because Princess Celestia would be here. I don't plan on doing this for long."

Trochanter pointed an accusing hoof, "You can't just bail out. We have a deal."

"The deal was that if this show was still popular by the fifth episode, I would stay. After all, I do want nothing more than to please ponies at home. It is why I manage the Equestrian Games."

Trochanter looked down despondently. Ms. Harshwhinney went on, "However, that is not to say I didn't enjoy today. I had a good time and if I am completely honest, I would definitely wish to do this again. I simply doubt ponies will want to see it." This brought a smile back to Trochanters face. Seeming to remember they were on air he smiled wide again.

"Well, Ms. Harshwhinney. I hope the next episode is as good as this one was. With that said, I'm afraid that is the end of today's episode so have a day that really rocks, just like the Chatter Box. Good bye!"

Outro
The credits play and the screen fades out.

Author's Note:

Questions (in order of appearance) by:
Myself
Paper Mache Man
Ashfur
Noble Thought
Jack Hammer

The next guest shall be the Great and Powerful Trixie! Comment down below any questions you want asked.