• Published 12th Dec 2018
  • 451 Views, 13 Comments

The Chatter Box Season One - TRIBOT 4000



Welcome to the Chatter Box. I'm your host Trochanter the Changeling, Chanter for short. To my left here is my co-host Ms Harshwhinny. Let's see Equestria holds for us today.

  • ...
 13
 451

Episode 2

Intro Music
The screen fades in. Trochanter the changeling, today sporting a brand new, light blue, neck tie, sits in a blue armchair with a large smile on his face once more.

"Good morning everyone and welcome to The Chatter Box. I am your host Trochanter, or Chanter if you want, and here beside me is my co-host, Ms Harshwhinney. I hope you're ready for today's episode. I know I am."

Harshwhinney nods and looks to the camera, "Yes. It would seem that today our special guest shall be none other than a mare named Trixie Lulamoon, a traveling magician."

"Yes, that's right. Hold on to your bunnies and hide your poker cards, a magician is coming to town. Until then, Ms. Whinney…"

Ms. Harshwhinney glared at Trochanter with eyes of a bloodthirsty organ-drinking murderous monster. Her growl resembled that of a minotaur chewing upon the remains of a Timberwolf, "Do. Not. Nickname. Me." Her words were simple and straightforward, cold like snowstorm that speaks only whispers.

Trochanter fiddled the tie around his neck in nervousness, "Well uh... Ms. Harshwhinney, I was just gonna ask you: what are your own personal feelings about traveling magicians?"

Returning to her less bone-crushing side, Ms. Harshwhinney cleared her throat to answer, "Well, I've always had the feeling that they are little... shall we say... last year. After all, she's not a true magician, especially with that stunt she pulled in Ponyville."

"Yes, yes." Trochanter nodded in agreement, "I have to agree with you there." He turned to the camera as photos of a blue coated unicorn tying a small piece of rope around a Ursa Major's Minor's paw began displaying over the screen. As different photos faded through, the changeling host went on, "Trixie Lulamoon was said to have been in Ponyville only two days ago engaging in blatant and obvious endangering of the locals. Some say Ursa training, some say magic trick gone wrong, we here in the Chatter Box say: what's new?" he nodded to Ms. Harshwhinney.

"With that, we shall see you after a small commercial break."

"Stay tuned!"

The screen fades out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intro Music
The screen fades in. Trochanter remains seated in his normal seat, hunched over his face in hooves.

"Fillies and gentlecolts…!"

Ms. Harshwhinney appeared at first glance to be unaffected, but upon closer inspection, you could see annoyance written in every time orifice of her face.

"...are you ready to meet the greatest and absolutely most wonderful magician--er no... the absolutely most wonderful pony in all of Equestria!"

A pony could be heard having an aneurism in the background. His inner screams of pain were somehow still heard.

"Then please put your hooves up...!"

Trochanter groans.

"For the Great..."

Ms. Harshwhinney's eyebrows furrow.

"...and powerful...!"

Trochanter couldn't take it any longer, "Trixie! Yes, damn it, we get it! Sit the (bleep) down!"

Slowly, a blue figure nervously moved her way into the shot of the camera. She sat down in the chair glancing nervously between the glaring Harshwhinney and the seething changeling. After a few seconds, the ceased his aggressive leaning forward and sat back in his chair, his hooves once more on his face. They slid across his face as he blew out a deep groaning sigh. When his face was completely visible once more, his expression blissful happiness... hopefully.

"I am going to use restroom for a moment." He announced. He stood up and exited. Ms. Harshwhinney snorted.

"Second episode and he's cracked under the pressure." She looked back to Trixie and smiled, "Please don't mind him. I doubt he's ever had to deal with embarrassing guests in public before. I, however have a much higher endurance to stupidity."

Trixie gasped, "The Great and Offended Trixie takes offence to..."

"First question, 'Have you heard of the magician duo in Las Pegasus, Big Bucks and Jackpot?'"

Trixie relaxed a little bit more and put a hoofed to her chin, "Well, of course the Great and Informed Trixie has heard of those two. They are some of the greatest magicians, aside from Trixie. We always look out for our own, especially if they are competition for Trixie."

Ms. Harshwhinney grunted and was about to say the next question until something banged from out of the camera shot. Everyone looked off in the direction for a moment before Trochanter trotted back into camera and sat down. He seemed much calmer than before as he sat down.

"I am very sorry for that. That was very rude of me, especially since you came as a guest. I apologize."

"The Great and Forgiving Trixie accepts your apology."

"The Great and Unamused Ms. Harshwhinney would like to ask the next question."

"The Great and Noticing Trixie senses your sarcasm."

"The Great and Emotionally-stressed Trochanter agrees with Ms. Harshwhinney. Next question, please."

The Great and ugh, damn it... Ms. Harshwhinney asks the next question, "'Trixie... How did you feel when you were captured by the changeling Pharynx?'"

Trixie didn't answer as she was unaware of such an event. This was likely because the one who asked the question did not realize changelings have not yet attacked nor have they become generally good as of yet. Also, if this were a meta story, the writer would go on to say that the timeline of this story still exist within the first season.

But no one knows if this is what happened so the show went on.

"Trixie is happy to say that she has never been captured in any way, although she will admit that there a few times Trixie has been tight situations." Trochanter and Ms. Harshwhinney waited for her to continue. "It was only a few years ago. Trixie was in Manehatten where I was to do a show for the Jade River's Medical Hospital."

Ms. Harshwhinney raised an eyebrow, and if Trochanter didn't know any better, he'd say her face brightened up a little.

"I didn't know you did charity work Trixie."

"Well, contrary to what a certain protégé of Celestias may say, I am not heartless nor cruel. Well, maybe a slight bit cruel, but Trixie digresses."

Trochanter nodded and looked up, presumably at a clock, "As much as I would like to talk more with you on that matter, I'm afraid that's all the time we have. Thank you, Miss Trixie for coming to talk with us. It's been a pleasure."

"Oh, please. The pleasure was all Trixie's. To be honest, I was afraid you two were going to completely put me down because of the ruckus in Ponyville."

Trochanter waved a hoof uncaring "No need. We already got a full report on it, and as it isn't so recent anymore, it's old news." he then looked back at the camera, "With that said and done, we are going to take one more commercial break before commencing with the final session of this show. Stay tuned!"

The screen fades out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intro Music
The screen fades in. Trochanter and Ms. Harshwhinney sit in their respective seats. The room is the same, minus a Trixie.

"So, Ms. Harshwhinney, what did you think of our previous... um... guest?"

Ms. Harshwinney leaned back and rolled her eyes, "If I'm being honest, I might bring her in on the Equestrian Games next time. I've seen one of her plays, she's a good entertainer."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that. I'd love to see that flank again sometime soon."

Harshwhinney looked at Trochanter and raised a eyebrow. Said changeling noticed the look and coughed into his hoof, looking away.

"Plank! I meant plank. She has a very straight... er... mane. Yeah. That's right. Mane!" He sat up a bit more and looked away nervously before looking at the camera.

"Well, it looks like that's all the time we ha..."

"No, actually." Trochanter looked at Ms. Harshwhinneyt in surprise, "We still have one last question. One for us this time." Trochanter tilted his head in confusion. Harshwhinney smiled deviously and pulled up her clipboard, "This question, technically two questions, reads, 'Calling Ms. Harshwhinny smart and sexy? Does Trochanter have a romantic interest in their co-host?'" After reading the letter, Harshwhinney sits back and crosses one back hoof over the other slowly, "Well, Mister Chanter? Do you?"

Trochanter sputters a few times before answering, "Well... uh... you... you are um... quite... uh... quite pleasing to look at... I suppose." Seconds pass by before Ms. Harshwhinney turns to the camera with a soft smile.

"Too easy." She says calmly before getting up and leaving, her smile having morphed into a scowl on her face.

Trochanter clears his throat and gets up. He starts walking in the direction of Miss Harswhinney, but not before looking at the camera and quickly saying goodnight.

Outro
The credits play and the screen fades out.

Author's Note:

Trixie questions by (in order of appearance):
Mirror Star
Myself (call me conceded)
Asher 23
Hopeful_Ink_Hoof

The next guest shall be the Zecora the Potion Brewing Zebra of the Everfree! Comment down below any questions you want asked.