• Published 12th Dec 2018
  • 451 Views, 13 Comments

The Chatter Box Season One - TRIBOT 4000



Welcome to the Chatter Box. I'm your host Trochanter the Changeling, Chanter for short. To my left here is my co-host Ms Harshwhinny. Let's see Equestria holds for us today.

  • ...
 13
 451

Episode 4

Intro Music
The screen fades in. Trochanter is sitting in his regular chair, smiling at the screen. Ms. Harshwhiney is in her own chair, her now well-known cushion on it.

"Hello, everypony! Welcome to the Chatter Box. I'm your host Trochanter the Changeling, Chanter for short. To my left here is my co-host Ms. Harshwhinny. How are you today, Dew?"

"I'm doing fine Chanter. This morning was surprising peaceful." she responds happily.

Trochanter smiled back, "Well, I'm happy to hear that. Life's too short to not enjoy as much of it as you can."

"True, to a degree, but I'd like to point out two details." Ms. Harshwinney looked Trochanter with a raised eyebrow, "First, you're a changeling. Changeling age much slower than ponies. You're almost twice as old as me but you look younger. Second, I think there's a bit more to life that just enjoying it."

The changeling rolled his eyes, "You would say that wouldn't you. In rebuttal, I'd like to say, that even growing to be a few hundred years old doesn't mean I'll get to do everything I want to do. I could get run over by a train or something one day for all we know. Also, I don't mean enjoying the good things in life. You gotta enjoy the bad things too."

"That doesn't make sense."

"Well, we'll have to ask our guest about it when she shows up today. Speaking of which, todays guest is Ponyvilles very own fashionista, Rarity Belle, owner of the carousel boutique. Word has it that about a week ago she made a big deal with the Hoity Toity to make him a line of clothing." Stay tuned to hear what she has to say about that.

The screen fades out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intro Music
The screen fades in like normal, showing Trochanter and Ms. Harshwhinney in their respective seats. Between them on the couch is Rarity Belle, top notch fashionista.

Rarity was wearing light blue dress with green highlights and frills. It was small enough, not so over the top as to distract, but had a slight glitter from sequins accenting certain areas. She wore a small light blue sunhat with a white band wrapped around it. The hat, like her dress, was also simple, especially since the day had turned out to a scorcher.

Trochanter begins, "Welcome back everyone to the Chatter Box. I'm your Trochanter, and this is my co-host Ms. Harshwhinney. Today we have Rarity Belle, a well known fashionista who resides in Ponyville." He turns to Rarity, "Miss Belle, would you mind telling us how found your desire for fashion and perhaps even tell us how you got your cutie mark. I have to say, since the first time I saw you in the newspapers I've been very curious."

Rarity removed her hat from her head and placed it next to her on the couch while she spoke, "Well, darling. My beginnings were actually quite humble, when I just a filly, I found I had a magical calling to gems and rubies. I was able to since them with my magic quite a bit better than my peers, especially at such a young age. Though I have attribute some of the credit to Rainbow Dash. After all, if she hadn't accidently broken the stone I found and shown me what I had done...Oh, I doubt I would be standing here before you right now."

Trochanter was sitting forward, practically vibrating, "Wow, that's incredible. I must admit, that's one thing that I wish us changelings had. A Cutie Mark story. To this day, I've not heard a boring Cutie Mark story." Rarity and Ms. Harshwhinney both chuckled before the latter spoke.

"Trust me Chanter, you will one of these days." She then pulled her famed clipboard and spoke to Rarity, "Anyway, the first question from our viewers is this 'Do you have any plans for another boutique?'"

Rarity smiled and replied, "Oh yes. I wish to open a new one Canterlot. T'would be such an amazing event for me. My dream has always been to make clothing for the elite."

Trochanter chimed in, "But...what about your home in Ponyville. Would you be willing to pick up and leave?"

"Oh, no, of course not, darling. I would commute between the stores every other month. I would have to find somepony to run the shops whenever I was not there. I do not plan on leaving my home by any means."

Ms. Harshwhinney nodded, "The next question and last is 'What are your parents li--?'" She didn't get a chance to finish.

"I would rather not answer that question please." Rarity said softly, yet sternly. It was obvious that the topic was touchy and was not to be discussed in public, so Trochanter once again saved the day.

"Well, it was nice having here with us Miss Belle. We hope you make it to Canterlot and come see us once again."

"I will try my best darling, in fact, I was wondering if perhaps I could take your measurements." She motioned dto Ms. Harshwhinney, "Both of yours in fact. I believe you two have inspired something in me."

The changeling looked at Ms. Harshwhinney who looked like she was about to say something, but decided to simply smile and nod. Trochanter smiled back and nodded at the fashionista, "We'd love to Miss Belle." He then turned back to the camera, "With that being said, we'll see you in the next episode. Yes, I am sorry to say we are eliminating the third portion of this show and ending it just after the interview. Anyways, until next time, keep chattering! Bye!"

Outro
The credits play and the screen fades out.

Author's Note:

Rarity Questions Submitted by:
johnsparkly251
Mirror Star

The next guest(s) will be The Cutie Mark Crusaders.
Comment down below any questions you all want to ask them.
Please note that you can ask questions in the discord server linked below as well.