• Published 24th Nov 2018
  • 1,316 Views, 95 Comments

Power of the Cybernetic Soldier - HeartfireFirebrand



A young teenage thief running from the police winds up in EQG Canterlot as Tempest Shadow getting a new chance at life.

  • ...
7
 95
 1,316

Chapter 18: Regrets

It was a later that day, Cinch was filling for Twilight’s transfer with Principal Celestia. Tempest was standing there with the seven girls near the portal. Applejack was crying onto Rainbow’s shoulder “I treated her so badly.”

Twilight meanwhile was crying onto Sunset’s shoulder. Tempest scowled at herself internally (You could have saved that girl you stupid fool, are you really that afraid of your own power?!)

Just then the portal glowed and Princess Twilight jumped out “Sorry girls, I’m so sorry I couldn’t get here sooner it’s just I couldn't receive your messages because.. why is everyone upset…”

Sunset explained everything to her, Princess Twilight growled “Why didn’t you do something, what good is all that power if you can’t use it!”

Tempest felt fury welling up in her, a rainbow aura glowed around her body as she stepped forward “You don’t truly understand anything do you? I am scared of what I could do if I lost control! What if I kill my daughter, destroy the skill or even obliterate the entire planet! Do you think I wanted to stay out of this, I made my choice because I would risked killing someone who didn’t deserve it because of some else’s mistake!”

A voice spoke “That mistake would’ve been mine.” They turned around to see Cinch, if Cinch was surprised at the two Twilight’s she didn’t show it” She turned to Twilight “Your transfer has been approved, you are now a Canterlot High student.” She then turned to Tempest “Take a deep breath.”

Princess Twilight growled “So this is you fault?!”

Sunset stood up, the crying Twilight looking “Enough, Twilight it’s a lot more complicated then that.”

Princess Twilight turned to her “She caused irreparable …”

Sunset stomped her foot fury in her eyes “Princess Twilight, enough so did I, I almost killed you and the five I now call friends because of the fact I made a dumb mistake, she and I are not so different!”

Cinch frowned “I better leave, I should not cause a conflict between friends.”

Tempest sighed “I’ll go too, I need to be alone.”

Princess Twilight raised her hand after taking a deep breath “Wait, sorry can we talk please?”

Cinch sighed “There is no need to apologise, I stuffed up. I’m going to resign and probably become a tutor or something.”

Tempest sighed “It’s fine, we all made some mistakes let’s leave it at that.”
Princess Twilight turned to Sunset “I’m sorry too, I lost my temper.”

Sunset smiled “We all make mistakes, I’m sorry I exploded.” The two hugged and Princess Twilight soon left through the portal.

2 weeks later

Sunset had been spending more time with Applejack over the two weeks after Applebloom’s disappearance. Tempest was walking through the hallways, Cinch became a tutor for any struggling kids at Crystal Prep.

Tempest entered the staff room and took her seat at her desk. The School was still mourning Apple Bloom. Berry Punch sighed “How’s Applejack doling, you spend a lot of time with that group of friends.”

Tempest sighed “She’s been quiet and withdrawn, Sunset has been trying to cheer her up.” Tempest stood up “I need to speak to Principal Celestia, there are some things I would like to discuss with her.”

Tempest headed to Celestia’s office, she knocked on the door. Celestia frowned “I assume this is about Camp Everfree, we are going to be going there as soon as possible. You know what help me flesh out some of the details.” Tempest nodded as she entered, Celestia frowned “I was thinking we should allow as many as we can to come, of course the bus will have limited spots.”

Tempest frowned “I feel the girls should go along with Twilight, they have been the centre of many of these events, also if we can Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo as well, I hope this will allow them to help get over the loss of their friend and…”

Berry Punch burst in the door “Apple Bloom is back!”

Celestia turned to Tempest and wrapped the stunned woman as she cried “She’s back, she’s alive.” Berry Punch just closed the door quietly unsure of what to say.

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoy this chapter.