• Published 1st Dec 2018
  • 1,416 Views, 38 Comments

The 25 Days Of Hearth's Warming - Sparkle Productions



After a snowstorm Rainbow Dash and Soarin are forced to spend 25 days together, including Heath's Warming. Will they enjoy it?

  • ...
2
 38
 1,416

Day 4: Snowboarding Competition Is A Go, First Step Is To Learn How To Snowboard

The 25 Days Of Hearth's Warming
Day 4: Snowboarding Competition Is A Go, First Step Is To Learn How To Snowboard
Sparkle Productions

A lovely day at Ponyville as usual. Stands were set up at the market. Birds chirped and whistled through the air. Scootaloo climbed the steepest hill. It took forever but she thought it was worth it. Pinkie and a group of ponies all were there too, but for very different reasons. Pinkie's group was there for the challenge. Scootaloo was there to practice snowboarding.

She readied herself forward on her board murmuring to herself, "Snowboarding competition is a go, first step is to learn how to snowboard. You can do this, Scootaloo. Really nothing to it." Flashing a confident smile and sticking her left back hoof out, she gave a powerful kick. Only, it didn't do much but send her a centimeter through the steep snow. Propelling her wings, with a sturdier kick, she was off. Racing down the hill at breakneck speeds, Scootaloo found it hard to control her board.

Yelling a frightened "yelp" she couldn't stop. An incoming rock was coming speedily ahead. Hitting the rock, her board cracked, Scootaloo now going down the hill without a snowboard. Shutting her eyes as tight as she could and getting into fetal position, she slipped and swirled her way down. Scootaloo opened one eye slightly before shutting it even tighter as she saw she was about to crash into a branch. Scootaloo's tail getting tangled in a branch was the only thing that was preventing her from falling into the icy pond.

Suddenly a rainbow blur appeared out of nowhere, quickly descending down. That blur was no other than Rainbow Dash. The branch sunk lower and lower with each wing beat. Without warning it cracked, with Scootaloo on it. Dash grabbed her tail in the nick of time, as the branch made it to the pond and cracked the ice.

Rainbow flew to a nearby cloud with a relieved Scootaloo. She spat out the remaining purple hair in her mouth. "What were you thinking?! You could have died!"

Scootaloo gave a nervous smile, "You wanna hear the long story or short one?"

"Whichever explains why you were sliding down a hill in fetal position."

"That answer's easy. My snowboard cracked on a rock."

"Why were you snowboarding to begin with?"

Scootaloo took a big gasp of breath, "Diamond Tiara said the crusaders were invited to her father's ski resort for Hearth's Warming but I don't know how to ski. Then she said she was going to enter a snowboarding contest there and the prize is 10,000 bits. I so wanted to enter! She was going to teach me how to snowboard but I didn't want her help so I said I knew how to already. She did give me that snowboard though. I went here - the tallest hill in Ponyville which is kinda like a mountain - to practice. I hit a rock, my snowboard cracked, so I slid down uncontrollably. Then I ran into some branches, almost fell into a frozen pond, but you saved me! You're my hero, Dash!" Scootaloo said in one breath.

Rainbow was flabbergasted, "H-How did you do that?"

"Trick Pinkie Pie taught me."

"Whatever. It doesn't matter. What does is that you shouldn't have done that. What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I'm sorry for trying to snowboard without supervision."

"What? No! You misunderstood me. What I was implying was that you should've asked me to teach you. They don't call me great at snowboarding for nothin'.

"What? Nopony ever says that-"

"After all, snowboarding is my middle name."

"Didn't you say it was 'Awesome'-"

"Doesn't matter. I can help ya."

Scootaloo's questioning expression switched to a smile, "Yay! Let's snowboard!"

"Uh, squirt? You do realize you don't have a snowboard, right?"

Scootaloo's smile quickly became forced, "Oh. Yay, let's not snowboard?" She said with weak happiness.

"Hold on. We'll be able to snowboard in at least 30 minutes."

☆☆☆☆☆

After 45 tiring minutes the snowboards arrived. Rainbow and Scootaloo watched the other snowboarders go down the hill. Pinkie was a natural at this. Soarin was tired. He crash landed on the cloud."So," he huffed, "tired."

"Sorry to ruin your relaxing time but," Dash nudged her head at Scootaloo, "Scoots here needs a snowboard too. "Soarin took a large annoyed sigh. A huge frown appeared on his face before an overly happy smile took it's place. "You okay?"

He shook his head, "Yes! Never been better."

"If ya say so. See you in a few!"

"Yeah, 'see you in a few', too," Soarin muttered to himself sarcastically, angry.

"You say something?"

"Nothing!" He called out from a distance.

☆☆☆☆☆

The sun lowered it's place in the sky. Soarin flew back, exhausted. "Hey, you finally made it back after forever," Dash teased.

"Yeah," Soarin gasped for air. "I guess I did."

"Well, who's ready to snowboard!" Scootaloo yelled.

"Me!" The group yelled back, laughing at Scootaloo's eagerness.

Eventually - after many falls and fails - Scootaloo became good at snowboarding. She even won the competition.

Author's Note:

Stay tuned for more!!:pinkiesmile: