• Published 1st Dec 2018
  • 1,414 Views, 38 Comments

The 25 Days Of Hearth's Warming - Sparkle Productions



After a snowstorm Rainbow Dash and Soarin are forced to spend 25 days together, including Heath's Warming. Will they enjoy it?

  • ...
2
 38
 1,414

Day 2: Snowball Fight Has Been Declared, This Isn't A Game It's War

The 25 Days Of Hearth's Warming
Day 2: A Snowball Fight Has Been Declared, This Isn't A Game It's War
Sparkle Productions

Thick ice still remained in Ponyville's streets along with the remains of snow. Today was a gloomy afternoon, the perfect day to sleep in. When Rainbow Dash had eventually decided to wake up, deeming it too late to continue her slumbers, she slowly ate an omelet.

Soarin hadn't been there when she woke up, so Dash had assumed he went out for a while. After eating for at least a half hour he came through the door. "Where've you been this whole morning, er, afternoon?" Dash questioned.

Soarin pulled something out of a bag, "Getting these," what he pulled out were hats, scarfs, and socks. "Perfect for today's activity. Snowball fights!"

"What are we waiting for, let's go!"

"I haven't ate and you haven't finished your omelet."

"Oh," Dash rubbed the back of her head in shame. "Totally forgot about that."

"I can tell."

☆☆☆☆☆

Pinkie Pie bounced through the snow on her way to the park. A hooful of other ponies were going the same way, preparing for a snowball fight. "Everypony this is gonna be splenderious fantastic amazingly amazing fun! Ooh I'm so excited!" Pinkie's voice bounced through the crowd along with the sound of her hoofs when they hit the snow,. Which sounded a springy sound, adding a whole new meaning to the phrase 'spring in her step' only it wasn't a step but instead a bounce.

Rainbow glanced at Pinkie, "When aren't you?"

Pinkie stopped dead in her tracks, "Well~, there was that time when Tirek came. I was pretty scared. Then there was Discord, he made me think ponies were laughing at me which-"

"You know what," Dash interupted, "forget I ever asked."

"Okie dokie lokie!" They continued on their way until they reached the park. "Okay, they'll be two teams! Red team and green team!" Pinkie pulled a list from out of nowhere. "I'm captain of Red Team, Bon Bon you're captain of Green Team! Captains pick the members of your team!"

Bon Bon stepped to the front of the crowd, "Lyra you're on my team," she wore a confident smile.

"Dashie, you're coming with me! You're wearing red too! Supporting the team you didn't know you were apart of! Goodie!"

After 15 minutes Bon Bon had called her team which consisted of Lyra, Amethyst, Soarin, and Doctor Whooves.

Pinkie looked at the once full crowd. She looked deep in thought with the very obvious answer, "Derpy you're with me! That's everpony! Let's play!" Pinkie's team consisted of Dash, Berry Punch, Caramel, and Ditzy.

Pinkie hid behind the Red Team's fort, which in actuality was a bench with snow on it. Across was the Green Team's fort, the same situation as the other fort. Bon Bon had her group huddle together. "A snowball fight has been declared. This isn't a game it's war! The most important aspect of this is stealth and mystery. Don't let them in on your plans. Don't take your eyes off them. Don't throw rapidly, they're expecting that. Throw very few times. When they run out of snowballs, attack. Never let your guard down." Bon Bon looked at Pinkie who was dancing to nonexistent music. "Especially on her. We don't know what she's capable of."

On the other side Pinkie was explaining her plan. Well, dancing out her plan. Red Team - besides Pinkie - was confused. "All in all don't slip," she smiled. Most of their mouths opened in shock before closing it when no words would come out. They were truly speechless. "What~? Snow is slippery. Sheesh! Tough crowd."

Dash stepped forward, "Our should be to make as many snowballs as possible before firing rapidly. With precise aim of course."

"Okay. That's our plan! Along with don't slip."

"Understand!" Bon Bon yelled in full commander mode.

"Yes sir, er, ma'am!"

"Good!"

"You ready!" Pinkie yelled.

"Yes!" the crowd responded.

"On your marks...," ponies readied themselves, "get set...go!" It was crazy. In the end Bon Bon's strategy worked. Red Team was drenched in melted snow. But it was fun and that's all that matters.

☆☆☆☆☆

"We totally won no matter what the delusional Green Team says. They cheated! So unfair," Dash flew home, Soarin tailing behind.

"I'm pretty sure we won. Deal with it," he said, tired.

"Only if you can catch me!" She sped off as quick as she could.

"You're on!"

Rainbow Dash did eventually deal with it.

Author's Note:

Stay tuned for more!!:pinkiehappy: