• Published 1st Dec 2018
  • 1,416 Views, 38 Comments

The 25 Days Of Hearth's Warming - Sparkle Productions



After a snowstorm Rainbow Dash and Soarin are forced to spend 25 days together, including Heath's Warming. Will they enjoy it?

  • ...
2
 38
 1,416

Day 3: Hot Cocoa's Only Good If It's Warm

The 25 Days Of Hearth's Warming
Day 3: Hot Cocoa's Only Good If It's Warm
Sparkle Productions

It was cold. Colder than usual in fact. Not only was there a chill in the air, but Soarin and Rainbow Dash were especially cold after the snowball fight. Cold balls of snow were fired rapidly - from Red Team mostly - that eventually melted on them. Then they flew home, the cold air hitting them in the face making them colder.

Today was definitely a good day for hot cocoa. Rainbow had checked the christmas challenge checklist and luckily it was in fact time for cocoa.

Soarin had slept in usually late but when he had gotten up, it wasn't any warmer. "Today's a good day for it. Want some coffee?" Soarin asked, half sleep. Dash usually did.

"Actually, I want some cocoa," he gave a puzzled stare. "Y'know, hot cocoa."

"I know what it is. It's just unusual."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Dash said defensively.

"Nothing. You just normally want coffee is all."

"Oh," was all she said. An awkward silence followed. The only sound that was heard was of the Dash preparing the cocoa. She sat down at the coffee table, the clanking of the mugs on wood a cacophony in the silence.

Soarin gulped the hot liquid. "Pinkie's challenge?"

"Yeah," she lightly blew the chocolate. "While I wait for the cocoa to cool, Imma go exercise. Feel free to join me."

Rainbow began her journey upstairs. "Wait."

She turned back giving a puzzled stare, "Huh? Something wrong?"

"You don't like your hot cocoa hot?"

"No, why?"

"Hot cocoa's only good if it's warm. It's in the name, hot cocoa."

"Too hot for me," she watched him drink the burning chocolate straight down like it was some water. Cringing a little she headed for the stairs.

The exercise room was medium sized at most. Spending a good 30 minutes on the treadmill, lifting weights, and doing wing-ups, Rainbow figured that the chocolate should be cool by now.

Back downstairs, Soarin had prepared some waffle ice cream sandwiches. Each one was covered in had chocolate chips and chocolate syrup. The hot cocoa was definitely cool. "Sorry, if I seemed to be angry with you. It's not much, but here's some breakfast."

"It's okay," Rainbow gave him a hug, "I forgive you." A light, barely visible blush appeared on their cheeks.

"Well, let's dig in then!"

The breakfast was truly delicious. It was a great day.

Author's Note:

Sorry it's so short.:fluttershysad: Stay tuned for more!!:raritywink: