• Published 3rd Apr 2019
  • 6,649 Views, 182 Comments

Fatherly instincts - ShowShine



Spike finds an abandoned egg and his instincts kick in

  • ...
14
 182
 6,649

A party and magic

Pinkie Pie zipped around the castle, hanging up decorations. Spike stared as she fixed the castle up for the party. Scramble laid in Spikes arms, staring at the colorful pink and yellow streamers.

“Everyone should be here any minute.” Twilight stated while setting up a table. Spike nodded his head and put Scramble in her playpen. She looked at her father and pouted, wanting to be with him. Spike handed her Meeko, her stuffed raccoon. She cuddled into it and closed her eyes. The doorbell rang, catching Spikes attention. He flew over to the front door happily. He opened to see Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance, Flurry Heart, and Shining Armor standing there.

“Hello Spike.” Celestia said in a calming voice. He smiled and widened the door so they could walk in. Spike found no reason to close the door since other ponies would be coming at any moment. As they walked down the hallway, Shining Armor grabbed Spikes shoulder and they trailed behind the Princesses.

“So I heard you have a kid. Who’s the lucky gal?” Shining Armor asked. Spikes eyes widened and his faced turned bright red. He vigorously shook his head.

“No no no, it’s nothing like that. I found a changeling egg at the edge of the forest and took it in. I don’t even have a girlfriend.” Spike said as his face cooled down. Shining Armors ears flattened.

“I really need to listen to Cadance more often.” He said bashfully. They walked into the room where the party was being held to see all three Princesses cooing over Scramble. She smiled at the attention and clapped her hooves together, letting out a laugh. Flurry flew over to her and stared at her curiously. Scramble stared at her for a few seconds before hugging Flurry tightly. Flurry froze for a moment before hugging her back.

“Look at that, Scramble made a friend.” Twilight commented. Both babies continued hugging each other happily. Scramble looked at Spike and smiled widely. She flapped her wings to get up to him, but failed and flopped over to her side. Spike picked her up, causing her to giggle happily. Everyone ‘awed’ at the display. The Cakes walked in with a large cart of treats and the twins in a stroller. Scramble tilted her head when she saw the two babies.

“Where should we put these?” Mrs. Cake asked, gesturing to the sweets. Twilight pointed to the large decorated table that Pinkie Pie had set up. They walked over to the table and started to sort out the treats. Pumpkins horn started to glow and she unstrapped herself and Pound from the stroller. They both hopped out of the stroller and walked over to Flurry. They all started to babble to each other. Spike put Scramble down next to them, causing the twins to look at her. She gave an anxious look and wobbled towards them. Spike smiled, happy that she was making friends at an early age, unlike him, a child who had friends twice his age.

“Hey Spike!” A southern voice shouted, causing him to turn around. He saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders standing there, waving. Well he had a few friends his age.

“Hi guys, what’s up?” Spike asked.

“Is it true that you found a baby?!” Sweetie Belle asked excitedly. Spike nodded his head and Scootaloo rolled her eyes.

“She really loves babies.” Scootaloo explained. Sweetie Belle giggled in excitement, bouncing slightly.

“Yeah, she’s right over here.” Spike said, leading them to the playpen. The girls looked inside, and there faces twisted in confusion.

“Why are there two Pumpkins?” Applebloom asked. Spike looked into the playpen to see there were two Pumpkins. One of them ran in circles around Flurry and Pound while the other one was staring at Spike. The Pumpkin that was staring at him but her hooves to be picked up. He picked her up and booped her nose softly.

“Don’t do that.” Spike said. She wiggled her nose and engulfed herself in a green flame. Scramble opened her multicolor eyes and giggled. Sweetie Belle gasped loudly.

“SHE’S SO ADORABLE!” She exclaimed, causing everyone in the room to look at her. “Can I hold her?” She asked. Spike nodded his head and handed her to Sweetie Belle.

“I’m your auntie Sweetie now.” She said while tickling Scrambles stomach. Scramble laughed loudly. She already had an aunt so that was nice. This party was going to be a blast.


Ponies stood around the castle, having a blast. Some danced and some ate. There was a table covered with gifts for Spike and Scramble. Spike was surrounded by ponies asking him questions. Scramble laid in his arms, enjoying the warmth. She sucked on her green frog pacifier. There was a flash of white light causing a few ponies to take a few steps back. Discord floated there, inches from Spikes face.


“Who is this little cutie?” Discord asked, waving his finger in front of Scrambles face. The ponies that were surrounding Spike started to walked away. Scramble huddled into Spike’s chest in fear, whimpering a little.

“Discord you’re scaring her.” Spike said. He gasped, clutching his chest dramatically.

“When have I every scared anybody?” He asked. Spike thought back to when he nearly took over Equestria and scarred some ponies for life. And a few weeks back when they played Ogres and Obliettes, and Discord made it rain literal cats and dogs. He had scratches all over his body for a week after that.

“I can think of a few times.” Spike responded. Discord rolled his eyes.

“Now that you’re a dad, I guess you won’t have the time to play Ogres and Obliettes.” Discord said. Spikes scales dropped slightly. He hadn’t really thought about that. He wouldn’t have any spare time to play with the baby and then helping out at the school.

Scramble noticed his sadness and closed her eyes. Her horn started to glow blue at the bottom and purple at the top. Without any warning, a multicolored beam shot from her horn, absorbing Discord. The light disappeared, revealing that he was gone. His blue horn laid on the floor with a crack running through it. Spike stared, his mouth hung open. Scramble giggled through the pacifier and clapped her hooves. It seemed that no one noticed what had just happened. He looked down at Scramble, who was staring back at him with big eyes.

“What’s with that look?” Twilight asked, walking over to Spike. He stared at the baby for a few moments.

“Scramble killed Discord.” Spike stated. Twilight chuckled before noticing the serious look on his face.

“Wait you’re serious?” She asked. Spike nodded his head. Before she could press anything any further, Thorax, Princess Celestia, and Mayor Mare walked over. They both had papers.

“May we both have a word with you in a quieter place?” Mayor Mare asked. Twilight and Spike exchanged glances before nodding their heads.


They all sat in the throne room with adoption papers scattered out in front of them.

“We realized that neither of you have legal adopted Scramble and she could be taken away because of that.” Mayor Mare stated. Spike’s scales dropped at the sound of that.

“The only reason that we won’t take her away is because Thorax explained what would happen if we did.” She continued.

“She’s not a legal citizen in Ponyville or Equestria.” Celestia explained. “She needs to be adopted by either you or Twilight in order for that it happen. The one who adopts her has to take care of her full time.” She finished. Thorax spoke up.

“It would be best if you adopted her Spike. She imprinted on you and has to be with you.” Thorax said. Spike stared at the adoption papers in front of him. At this moment he could legally become Scrambles father. They had already grown quite attached to each other even though it’s only been a week. Spike picked up a pen and started to sign his name. Under that it had information on the kid that was being adopted. Stuff like full name, date of birth, age, etc.

On the full name Spike wrote down “Scramble Egg”