• Published 11th Sep 2018
  • 4,532 Views, 116 Comments

The Drake Bros. - BrawnyBold



Spike attracts the hearts of certain girls but it is hard for them to get his attention as he spends most of his time with his delinquent brother, Scales. The girls try to win Spike's love while staying on Scales' good side.

  • ...
14
 116
 4,532

Confrontations and Fun times!

The next morning was the same as usual with students hanging around the school before the beginning of class. Scales and Spike were on their way to homeroom until they heard a girl calling out,

"Scales!" The brothers turned to see Applejack and Rainbow Dash marching towards them. Both of the girl had angry expressions on their faces, specifically towards Scales. Before Scales could react, Applejack grabbed his collar and pushed him against a row of lockers.

"You got a lot of nerve scaring Fluttershy like that!" Rainbow Dash growled. Some of the other students noticed this and watched with curiosity, fear, and excitement. Scales raised an eyebrow and replied,

"Who are you talking about?" Fluttershy quickly ran towards Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

"Applejack! Rainbow! Please!" Fluttershy begged. Soon, her other friends joined in to help calm Applejack and Rainbow Dash down. Spike face lit up when he saw Twilight and Rarity.

"Hey Twilight," Spike waved but his face blushed when he saw Rarity. "and um...hi R-Rarity." Scales took a look at Fluttershy before he recognized her.

"Oh, you mean her." Scales said and turned to Applejack and Rainbow.

"It wasn't my fault your friend was stalking us. She kept hiding every time I turned and I just gave her a warning." Applejack's grip grew tighter on Scales jacket collar. Rainbow Dash cracked her knuckles to get ready for a beatdown. Before a fight was about to begin, Fluttershy bowed and said,

"I'm so sorry for following you and Spike yesterday! I promise it won't happen again!"

Scales nodded and said, "I accept your apology," Applejack sighed before she let go of Scales collar. But she pointed her finger at Scales and said, "You better not hurt any of my friends again, or you will be facin' a world of hurtin."

"Noted," Scales replied with a straight face.

"What is going on here?" Principal Celestia said as she and Luna approached the group. The crowd quickly dispersed and went to class.

Before for anyone could say anything, Scales said,

"Ms. Applejack and her friends just wanted to welcome me and my brother to the school." Scales turned and smirked at Applejack. "Is that correct?"

"Yes," Applejack growled as she hates making up lies, but she also didn't want to get in trouble.


The bell rang and Ms. Cheerilee's class was over. Spike said his goodbyes to Scales as they head to their other new classes. Spike entered the Home Economics classroom only to be stopped by Pinkie Pie as she ran towards him.

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie! It's nice to meet you!" Pinkie said as she shook Spike's hand.

"Um...hi, I'm Spike?" Spike replied. He then recognized Pinkie. "You were with that cowgirl who confronted my brother this morning."

"Yeah, sorry." Pinkie said sheepishly, "I thought your brother wanted to do harm to Fluttershy."

"It's alright," Spike replied. "Scales tends to do that to protect me like most older siblings do."

'I can relate to that,' Pinkie thought. The tardy bell rang and everyone immediately went to their seats. Two classmates shared a stove table.

"You can sit next to me if you want," Pinkie said as she offered the seat next to her's.

"Gee, thanks Pinkie!" Spike said as he sat down next to him. Mrs. Doodle came into the classroom wearing a yellow sundress and a white apron.

"Hello, class!" Mrs. Doodle called out. "Today we will be baking cheese cakes. Please pull out the cook book from under your desks and follow the instructions." The class started making their cheese cakes. Pinkie and Spike gathered up their ingredients for their cheese cake. After that, Pinkie read the instructions while Spike mixed the ingredients together. Once the cheesecake was in the oven, Pinkie decided to make some small talk with Spike.

"So Spike," Pinkie said. "are you liking Canterlot High yet?"

"Oh, it's the best!" Spike said cheerfully. "This school was so many places, I get excited when I walk towards here every morning!"

The timer dinged and the cheese cake was done. Spike got the cheese cake out and Pinkie sliced a piece for Mrs. Doodle to taste. Mrs. Doodle bit the cheese cake piece from her fork and smiled.

"Excellent job, you two! Both of you can have a slice for yourselves." Mrs. Doodle then went to the other students to check their progress.

"Yeepee!" Pinkie said as she bit a piece of her cheese cake. She noticed Spike doing something with his piece of cheese cake.

"What are you doing, Spike?" Pinkie asked. Spike turned to revealed that he poked holes through his slice with a toothpick.

"Check it out! Swiss cheese cake!" Spike joked. Pinkie giggled from Spike's little joke. She also noticed a piece of cheese cake on Spike's cheek.

"You got some cheesecake on you, Spike." Pinkie carefully wiped it off Spike's cheek with her finger. "I got it!" She then licked it and giggled. 'I like this one.'


The bell rang and Spike went on to his next class which was Animal Care. He made his way to the school yard where the animals were kept inside comfy cages. Some students were talking to on another before class started. As Spike placed his book bag down, he noticed something pink hiding behind one of the cages. He slowly walked closer until he saw that it was Fluttershy who was hidden from the other classmates.

"You're Fluttershy, right?" Spike asked. Fluttershy showed a scared face as she tries to figure out what to say.

"Umm...yes." Fluttershy whispered. Spike noticed her shaking like she was looking at a ghost.

"What's wrong?" Spike asked.

"It's just that after what happened this morning, I thought it would be best to not to anger your brother by seeing you."

"Oh, it's alright. My brother thought you were some stalker and he just wanted to protect me." Spike offered a hand to Fluttershy. "How about we start over? I'm Spike!"

Fluttershy felt a different feeling toward Spike. She thought Spike was not only cute, but also kind as well. She then took Spike's hand and he helped her up.

"Nice to meet you!" Fluttershy smiled.

The class started with the instructor giving the students instructions on how to feed certain animals certain food. Spike noticed that treating the animals was nothing for Fluttershy as if the animals were attracted to her.

"Boy," Spike said. "the animals must really love you if they're willing to approach you."

"I just show them the upmost kindness as they need it." Fluttershy said as she petted a guinea pig.

'Wow' Spike thought.

"Do you want to pet Arnold?" Fluttershy offered Spike the guinea pig.

"Sure!" Spike said as he gently rubbed the guinea pig's fur. Fluttershy and Spike continued to enjoy each others' company for the remainder of class.


It was lunchtime with Twilight and her friends sitting in their usual table as they discussed about their day. Twilight stopped when she noticed Spike leaving the lunch line.

"Hey Spike," Twilight called out to him. Spike made his way towards the girls' table.

"Hey Twilight!" Spike replied.

"Want to sit with us?" Twilight asked. Applejack and Rainbow Dash grunted from Twilight's question.

"Shouldn't he be with his 'brother'?" Rainbow sassed. Twilight gave a stern stare at Rainbow while Spike looked confused.

"I would usual hang out with my bro," Spike replied. "but I can bring him here so we can all eat together." Applejack chocked on her apple from what she heard.

"Sure, no problem." Fluttershy said. Spike went to find Scales while Rainbow and Applejack gave looks of disgust.

"Are you kidding me!?" Rainbow Dash ranted. "We're not letting that jerk sit down on our table!"

"Oh come on, Dashie." Pinkie said. "Scales can't be that much of a bad guy if he is willing to protect his brother. You guys met Maud a long time ago and you gotten used to her." Applejack sighed as she now sort of understands as she would've done the same for Apple Bloom.

"But that's different!" Rainbow tried to defend her claim. "Maud just doesn't show her expressions that much. Scales on the other hand acts like a complete jerk and maybe Spike acts like that too!"

Rarity scoffed from Rainbow's claim. "I have you know that Spike acts like a complete gentleman than any boy I have met."

"Sure," Rainbow said sarcastically, "Spike may look pure and innocent, but there may be a chance that he really acts like a punk while no one is looking." Before another word was made between the girls, Spike came back with Scales who was holding tray of food.

"Hey girls! I got Scales!" Spike smiled.

"Thanks for letting me be here." Scales said as he sat down next to Fluttershy.

"Four of us are letting you be here," Rainbow said under her breath. The lunch hours went on with Spike getting along with Twilight, Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy. Scales, Rainbow, and Applejack just sat there and ate in silent. After a while, Pinkie asked,

"So Spike, you have seen all parts of Canterlot High. Have you been around Canterlot before?"

Spike thought for a moment. "No, it was a busy week as my family and I were trying to settle in our new house."

"Then how about you hang out with me and my friends this Saturday? We could show you around the fun places in this town." Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy nodded in agreement.

"That would be great!" Spike cheered. "Oh! Can Scales come?"

"No way!" Rainbow interrupted, causing the whole table to look at her.

"It's bad enough for you to be a pain in my butt in school, but there is no way I'm going to spend time with this jerk outside of school!" There was a moment of silence until Scales spoke up.

"How about this, I promise won't say or do anything that will ruin our outing. You have my word." Scales offered his hand to Rainbow for a handshake. It took about a few minutes before Rainbow groaned and shook it.

"Fine," Rainbow grumbled. Everyone continued on with school until the weekend had arrived.