• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 996 Views, 38 Comments

United we Stand - Chemtest



Hero, Villain, Civilian, Warrior. Pointless terms that mean nothing when faced with something so evil.

  • ...
6
 38
 996

Can a monster work with another?

One thing that no one ever questions is the myth of Nightmare Moon. Those around back then know that she is a measly propaganda piece character made by Dawnbreaker. Those who knew Luna herself also know that she had voices in her head, dark, evil voices of the darkness. Nightmare Moon, or at least, the entity it was inspired by.

Luna was still Luna when she was banished by Dawnbreaker, not Nightmare Moon. But, centuries alone with nothing to speak to but the voices in your head... things change. It has never been observed by Thaumisists that spirits, and voices in heads, could posses ponies. They made theory’s and laws all about it, but never issued a definitive statement or gotten a pony willing to test it. But they never disproved it. In fact, all the laws and theories are built as if it does happen. But nopony ever truely figured it out.

Except one pony, who was so far away that nopony could record it. So far away that the only way to share was to wait for the banishment to pass. If one were to find Luna on her moon, she wouldn’t look the same. She would look like she just hopped off a propaganda poster.

Because that’s what happened. The entity, the voice in her head, took over. With a mana reserve of its own, and powers entirely separate from Luna. It was Nightmare Moon.

—(Nightmare Moon)—

I laugh in thought of the revenge that was to be bestowed upon my sister. She has gone unpunished for far to long, it’s time for that to change. Then, I will find Discord, and we will see what draconequus-pony children look like.

Oh, poor little Luna. She was so powerful, but she lacks my willingness. After our sister falls, we will see if she is willing to take over again.

I spread my wings, and blast up the mountain so I may confront my sister in her own throne room.

I can see the door up ahead, and I fire a blast into it. I then fly through the remains of the door, and land smoothly on a black marble floor that reflects the moonlight, “Oh, sister!”

I hear a clicking on the marble from behind me, “I’m afraid your sister is dead... my dear.”

I almost shudder upon hearing that voice, but I turn around to face it. What stands there almost makes me vomit just looking at it, but I steel myself, “What manner of unsightly creature are you who would know the fate of our sister?”

I can see it grimace for a second, before it returns its face to normal, “The type of creature who owns an Empire, and... personality ensured her death.”

I try to see some deception in its voice, but I can’t pick up on it. I stand up out of my fighting stance, “So I suppose I owe you something. Even though I would have loved to slit that bitchs neck myself, I guess you did it good enough. What do you wish for me to do in repayment, nothing ridiculous or I will refuse.”

The thing moves it’s mouth to what might be seen as a smile by blind ponies, “Very simple... I want to have you join my Empire... my dear.”

I nod, “Alright, doesn’t seem that bad.”

It extends out a hand, “Just shake my hand... please.

I hesitate a bit when I hear it’s voice again. I look at it’s hand, and shudder. I reach out my hoof anyway, and join it in its hand.

I can see it gain a twisted smile, “Perfect.”

Then, it feels like I’m being torn apart from the inside, “Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! What are you doing to me?!”

It continues to hold my hoof in an iron grip, “I am draining the... essence, spirit... magic from within you. And I shall... absorb your power.”

I try and move my hoof, but he continues to hold on, “I thought I would join you!?”

It puts on a sickening smirk, and leans close to me, “I’m a liar... my dear.”

With that, my power completely escapes me, and goes into him.

But, with my last breath, I charge up my horn.

With all that remains within me, I blast him. Enough power to go through him, and blast him back.

He let’s go of me, and is sent flying.

I breath in, and out.

In, and out.

In... out.

Out...

I close my eyes, and subcome to the end.

We’re going to find Discord.

We will live together happily.

This is not my end, only the pause button.

Even if he gets back up from that.

Sister, I’m coming...