• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 996 Views, 38 Comments

United we Stand - Chemtest



Hero, Villain, Civilian, Warrior. Pointless terms that mean nothing when faced with something so evil.

  • ...
6
 38
 996

Operation: Mousetrap

—(Commander)—

I bow in front of the Emperor again, “Commander... we are retreating.”

I don’t move at all, “Yes Emperor.”

I can hear footsteps until I see his abominable feet, “Even with... McBad... we still should be able to push them back.”

I don’t flinch at the tone of his voice, “They outnumber us now five to one, and that number is only increasing as they free more towns.”

I can hear the Emperor growl, “Free? Commander... poor choice of words... I assume that’s what that is?”

I shudder at the growl, but I try not to show it, “Of course Emperor. I mearly say it how a revolutionary would.”

The Emperor walks back, “Not revolutionaries... terrorists. But... you are correct when you say they outnumber us.”

I nod slightly, “Emperor McBad brings advanced technology on the level of our own. He fights with airships and cannons, primitive weapons, but he put a twist on them. And an advanced strategic genius, exploiting out tactics and useing some Defeat in Deatil. He’s got us on constant retreat, and we are slowly being encircled here at Canterlot. Their leaders have recovered, and make this all the worse.”

The Emperor walks up onto a balcony, probably looking out of a window, “Then call all of our forces into a full retreat. We need to recover and replenish our troops before pushing out. Their... leaders are powerful but rely on one thing. Go ahead with Operation Mousetrap.”

I nod, “I shall prepare to drop in with the Striders.”

He looks back at me, “No... you stay here. I need you to... protect me from any assassinations. Send the Striders in by themselves, they should preform good enough. The leaders shall have no idea what hit them until it happens. But... you stay here... Commander.”

I nod, “Then I shall inform the Striders of the new protocol.”

The Emperor laughs dryly, “If this works as it should... the leaders shall have no chance.”

I let lose some words by accident, “Oh yeah, the last Operation that was supposed to stop the revolution so perfectly.”

The Emperor loses his laugh, “Do you want to say that again, Commander?”

I snap up my mind, “No Emperor!”

“That’s what I thought.”

—(Spitfire)—

I sit in an isolated building with the other ‘children’. How can anyone be so evil to do this to us? I was going to grow up and have fun, eventually protecting Dawnguard. Now I’m forced into having an adult mind and I have to protect Equestria.

I... I feel bad for Slender. He tried his best, but it just wasn’t enough. He literally couldn’t have moved faster, but he was still too slow. I want to apologize for what I said to him but... I can’t face him now. He must think so badly of me, or be torn up by what I said. It can wait until all of this is done... but I will tell him the truth. He saved my life from the Rake, and I can’t look over that.

I wish I had time to think about those first words I said to him. I was an ass, a cunt, the empitimy of a bitch. Well, one good thing about being adult is the expanded vocabulary. I haven’t seen Slender since them, but I’m sure he’s torn up by my words.

And I know Sorin feels the same about Chem. Sorin said nothing, he didn’t have to. That made it all the worse for Chem. I heard from someone that Chem went into deep depression because of it, but recovered. I just hope the same didn’t happen to Slender, but it probably did.

*Boom!*

I hear Sorin come flying in after an explosion, “Striders! Armed with some strange weapons!”

I quickly fly over to him, “What type of weapons?!”

He looks up at me, “Much more powerful weapons, that’s all that matters. We need to get out of here!”

*Boom!*

A wall in the roof is blown open, and a Strider peaks its head in. I quickly spring for a salvaged plasma rifle, and fire a ball of energy at it. It staggers back, and I throw the gun to Sorin, “Fuck that! Everyone, take cover and open fire!”

Sorin looks over at me in surprise, “Spitfire?! We have to retreat, we cannot kill one of these things with what’s here!”

The Strider comes back, but is held off by another plasma ball. I drag Sorin into cover, “You said Striders didn’t you? Meaning many, correct? We definitely cannot run if we are surrounded. So pick up your balls whereever you left them, and start fireing!”

He looks around, “Are you crazy! There’s no way we could have any hope!”

Sorin, Sorin, Sorin. He’s been my best friend ever since we met. Me and him have gone through high and low in the entirety of this. And I do admit, he is nowhere near bad in looks. I need to give him some hope... why not reveal something then?

I quickly kiss him on the lips, before pulling back, “There’s your hope.”

His face is stunned, “Spitfire...”

I hear someone yell at us, “Hey lovebirds, get a room when we don’t need you!”

I slightly blush at the comment, but recover, “Now come on, we fight!”

—(Slendy)—

I shudder as I feel something pass through the air... danger, over near Spitfire.

I look around to present company, Courier and Avatar, “Guys, grab onto me.”

They know what this means, and so they grab me.

I blink with them attached to me right outside the building. Striders, at least six of them.

The building is demolished, and only specs of cover remain, wich the ‘children’ hide behind. Luckily there are no casualties yet.

Then, a Strider fires on a specific point, right near Spitfire and Sorin’s cover. I see the ground shake, and Spitfires gun flies out of her hooves.

I can only just process Spitfire leaving cover after her rifle, and Sorin right behind her. Then... a Striders gun fires right at them.

Selflessness.

I instantly teleport in front of them, covering both with my body. The Striders shots connect with me.

Pain. On the level of Jeff’s knife. A burning pain throughout my entire torso.

Pain... so much pain. I collapse to the ground.

I want this pain to end.