• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 996 Views, 38 Comments

United we Stand - Chemtest



Hero, Villain, Civilian, Warrior. Pointless terms that mean nothing when faced with something so evil.

  • ...
6
 38
 996

Operation: Shaking Ground

—(Raven)—

I look out into the distance and see Canterlot. Combine rush and retreat into it like ants to their hive. Armies of ponies march from every direction. Fillydelphia, Baltimare, Manehatten, the technological powerhouse. Cloudsdale, Las Pegasus, Vanhoover, the Air Support. Trottingham, Marelin, Marelich, Ponyville, Appleloosa, Applewood, the Peasent Mob.

Stalliongrad from the east, the Constant Revolution. Skyrim from the north, the Frozen Death. Hollow Shades from the south, the Shadows in the Skies. Bananaramma from the west, the Spearhead of Steam.

All cities, villages, and towns joined in the revolution. Marching towards Canterlot, making the ground shake underneath them. Each of their respective leaders carrying a Freeman artifact, from orange suits to grenades and rocket launchers. I carry the crowbar in my pocket dimension, the most important artifact. I’ve heard whispers that they believe this crowbar is the symbol of the end times. They believe that it is the thing that will finally take out the Emperor. I will make sure that is true, and I shall take him out personally with this crowbar.

Canterlot is only approachable on one side, so all armies meet up there.

I do start to worry when I hear shouting comeing from them.

———

“We have sacrificed the most, so we say that we should get our wishes! A Communist Republic is the best course for our nation!” Ah, Lenin, always defending his beliefs.

“What we need is a return of the diarchy! Discord and Luna can lead our country correctly underneath their years of experience!” And Hollow Shades, always loyal to their princess.

“What we should have is a democracy! Everyone has sacrified for this war, so everyone gets an equal vote!” Notepad, the unofficial leader of Skyrim.

“Our leaders have led us nowhere but good, eh? They have led us through this, why not through the peace, eh? We can look to the ones who have already led us, right, eh?” Oh, Vanhoover. How flattering.

“Nein, dummkoph! Ze leaders have zere own universes zey have to return to! Ve should zake ze Rooks who have no place to go! Make an Oligarchy of zorts!” Marelin, always brutally honest.

I walk forward, “Ponies, please, shut up!” They all stop and look towards me, “We can compromise. Marelin is right, we cannot stay here, Notepad is right, everyone has sacrificed. Lenin is right, an equal society is the best, Hollow Shades is right, the experience of those two is important! Vanhoover is right, we need to look to those we know can lead us. What we do is make a democracy, under communist equality! A King and Queen to execute the law, and a representative senate to make sure they aren’t too powerful! Give the Rooks who stay high positions of power to check the others, establish a fair system of checks and balances!”

The crowd is silent, but a pony deep inside the crowd shouts, “That’s impossible!”

Unity

I stop my hoof down, “Nothing is impossible! Now when ponies put their minds and souls towards it! I myself believed victory impossible when we were tricked in the Battle for Stalliongrad! But look where we are now! We have achieved the impossible, because we are about to win! I know you ponies, I know that there’s nothing that could stop a group of ponies if they’re determined! When we put our minds to things, we can do whatever we want! We stand at the gates of Canterlot because of our Resolve, Bravery, Standfastness, Selflessness, Unity, and Compassion!”

The crowd goes silent, and I think I can see a few cameras recording me.

I look past the crowd towards Canterlot, “But we talk as if we have won already! Why do we stand here and talk about what we will do after when we have yet to win!? This revolution is not over until I see the spirit leave the Combine’s eyes, and their Emperors death! We have a job to do ponies! We have a war to begin, we have a city to take, we have rights and freedoms to take back! March ponies, move forward! Make the ground shake underneath our hooves and make the tyrant know that we are coming!”

I can hear all around me, the war cries of ponies. Pegasus, Earth, Unicorn, Germane, Neighdic, everypony.

I raise up skeletons all around me, and their war cries join in. I yell over the noise, “Pegasi, take out those gunships and dropships! Earth ponies, combine a stomp into one and blow down the gates! Unicorns, fire at Hunters and Striders! Rooks, keep them busy! Friends, we charge the Emperor!”

My orders take place almost instantly. The gate falls in on itself with the power of the Stomp, the pegasi fly off, and the unicorns fire off spells.

We all rush into the city, with my friends and the Rooks at the back. McBad’s Mechs wrestle Hunters, Lenin and Notepad stand back-to-back killing all in their way, Spitfire and Sorin RKO the flying machines. McBad trips up entire squads with banana peels and fire, Wanderer fires a mini nuke at a squad, Heavy mows down ‘little babies’, and Combine fall from unknown sniper fire.

It’s not the best. For every squad of theirs killed, two of ours are. And they will only get better the deeper in we go. We need to take out the Emperor.

I look at my friends, and we all share one collective nod, running off to face the Emperor.