• Published 7th Jul 2018
  • 716 Views, 2 Comments

Caught Purple Hooved - UnicxrnPxnk



Twilight is caught reading Starlight's diary.

  • ...
 2
 716

Chapter 1

The clock struck three. Which means it was time for Starlight to go to the Everfree Forest to help Zecora create some new potions, which she has always wanted to do.

As Starlight packed her saddlebags, she noticed Twilight Sparkle coming her way. She gave a puzzled look, unsure where her magic protégé was headed to at this time of day.

"Where are you going?" she asked, turning her head to the side. Starlight stood up and headed to the exit from the castle. As she used her magic to open the doors, she said, "To help Zecora, I won't be long." and with that, she left.

Twilight sighed and walked off. She was hoping to do some work with Starlight, planning events for the School of Friendship, yet Starlight rarely ever has time to do things like that. Twilight really wanted a closer bond with Starlight Glimmer, and so she sat up in her reading nook in her room, trying to think of ways to make that happen. Suddenly, she realised how messy Starlight's room was when she walked past earlier in the morning. Then she thought, I should clean up for her!

And so Twilight left her reading nook, making her way to Starlight's room. When she got there she rubbed her eyes in disbelief. She never knew how messy Starlight was, their could be living things under all this stuff!

And with that, Twilight started to clean up right away, returning all of Starlight's things to their correct homes. Whilst she was cleaning, she found a couple things she was particularly fond of, wondering if Starlight would ever let her borrow them. Such as a couple ancient books that she used to switch a whole village's cutie marks to an equal sign. Not that Twilight was ever thinking of doing that.

Once she had cleaned half the room, she began work on the other half, hanging up clothes, re shelving books, throwing rubbish in the trashcan, until, she found a book that she had never heard of or seen before. Curious, Twilight used her magic to levitate the book in front of her, and she read the title.

My Deepest Secrets: Read No Further

Twilight was confused as to why a book had "Read No Further" in the title, like, wouldn't the author WANT them to read further? Twilight shrugged, and set the book aside, getting back to work with the room.

Twilight tried to avoid eye contact with the book, as she was starting to get really curious, and wanted to read it. She turned her head, so she wouldn't see the book in the corner of her eye.

After making Starlight's bed, Twilight had finally finished with her cleaning. She trotted to the back of the room, and stood there admiring her work. Starlight is going to be so pleases, she thought.

Twilight then again, captured the book in the vision. She tried to fight her curiosity away, but it had too much amo. And so, Twilight lept across the room and grabbed the book, she then sprunt to her own bedroom and up to her reading nook.

Twilight used her magic to unfold the bindings, only to see a page of what looked like Starlight's writing. Twilight didn't realise what that meant. She thought it was just Starlight practising her story writing, and so she read on.

27/06/18

Dear Diary, today was just awful! I was meant to be meeting with Sunburst, but then I got a scroll from him. I haven't told anyone this, but I know I can trust you, diary. So the scroll read: Hey Starlight, I wish I didn't have to tell you this on paper, but I'm just too ashamed to tell you in person. I'm not going to be your friend anymore. It may sound dull, but I found out that you are in love with Trixie, and not me. I have loved you all my life, but you go off being lesbian. So now I just feel awkward around you, as you have been smooching with a mare! Goodbye, Starlight.

-Sunburst

Twilight couldn't believe what she was reading. It was Starlight's diary! Stupidly, she again let her curiosity get the better of her, and she read on.

03/07/18

Dear Diary,

Oh my gosh! Can I just rant here? Twilight sometimes gets on my nerves so much! She made me her guidance counselor, yet she does my job for me! She never lets me help her, why won't she just acknowledge the fact that I'm there standing next to her! Sometimes I wonder why she's even there, that fu-

"Twilight?!!"

Twilight nearly jumped out of her skin. There. Standing right in front of her, was a really angry looking unicorn, tail flicking in frustration.

"Oh my gosh, Starlight, It- it's not what it looks like!"

"Then what is it, Twilight? What is this I'm seeing?!"

Twilight shook in fear. She closed the book and tried to hide it under her tail, but it was too late, Starlight had already noticed it. And she knew she was in trouble.

"Please Starlight! I'm so so sorry!" she cried, not only because she was caught reading her magic protégé's diary, but because of what she had read in the diary! The things Starlight had said about her... the fact that she has been going behind her back, not spending any quality time with her, just so she could sleep with Trixie!

"I'm so mad at you, you have no idea! Those were some of my deepest, most personal secrets! Did you even read the title?!" she snapped, causing Twilight to cry even more.

"Yes I did read the title I swear! But I let my curiosity get the better of me! I am so truly sorry for everything Starlight! I beg for forgiveness!" she begged and begged, until Starlight sighed and shushed her.

"Will you be quiet? How did you even find my diary in the first place?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows, scratching her chin.

"Well... I wanted to try and form a stronger bond with you, as we rarely ever get any time to spend together, I just wanted to do something for you. Until I realised how messy your room was. And so I decided to clean it for you. I promise I was not going to read the book in the first place! I swear to Celestia!" Twilight cried. She was so scared, she hoped that Starlight would forgive her for her stupid actions.

"I could actually hit you right now, I'm that angry. But my heart is telling me no. I know you wouldn't lie to me. Your no element of honesty, but your my friend. And I'd like to apologize aswell, for never telling you how I felt about not helping out with the school and being misused as your guidance counselor. And for not telling you how I was dating Trixie. I still have a lot to learn, and it looks like you have learnt a valuable lesson as well." Starlight let out, giving Twilight a forgiving smile.

Twilight wiped her tears away and nodded, she had learnt a VERY valuable lesson. Never go with your curiosity instead of your heart and head. And also acknowledge your friends existence. And surprisingly, she excepted Starlight's love for Trixie.

Later that day, Starlight hid her diary in a super secret hiding spot, and made Twilight promise her she would never try to look for it. And in return for that, Starlight promised she would try to spend time with Twilight, alongside of Trixie. And so that's what she did.

Comments ( 2 )

Ok so my story "good old times come to life" is my first story when it's approved yet this one was approved first :rainbowlaugh:

If you’re going to show a character’s thoughts then you need to distinguish them from the rest of the paragraph like you would normal dialogue.

Login or register to comment