• Published 18th Sep 2018
  • 695 Views, 5 Comments

Voice in the Night - Allenator05

  • ...
0
 5
 695

Bonus Chapter: The Valkyrie and The Nightmare

Author's Note:

What if Luna had convinced Hildr to take her to the Moon? This is nothing more than a power fantasy I thought would be fun to do. A powerful Warlock Guardian and a magical Pony Princess. What could possibly go wrong?

Hildr stared long and hard at Luna, to the point that Luna was starting to feel uncomfortable. “You still want to go to the moon, even after everything that happened to you?” she asked.

Luna’s eyes narrowed. Who was Hildr to question her like this? Fog slowly enveloped Luna’s mind. Her vison became cloudy and she felt like she was having an out of body experience. Luna saw herself talking and heard herself speaking, but it felt like she was watching from afar. It was a very surreal experience.

“Of course I want to see your moon,” Luna heard herself say. “I wish to look upon this festering evil myself. Do you not realize how important the moon is? It sickens me to think that you have allowed something like this to happen.”

Hildr frowned. “It’s not like we let it happen. There was a lot going on at the time and we had no way to prevent it. And when we did try to take it back, it ended in disaster.”

Suddenly the feeling was gone and Luna felt like she was back in her own body. A wave of dizziness came over her and she leaned on the railing for support.

Hildr was instantly concerned. “Hey, are you okay?” she asked.

Luna waved her off. “I am fine, just a bit of dizziness,” she said. Luna took a few deep breaths and stood up straight. “Now then. I believe we have somewhere to be.”

Hildr stared uncertainly at Luna for a few moments, then shook her head. “Okay. Since you insist, we’ll go.”

Moments later, Luna found herself staring out of the window of Hildr’s ship as they flew to the moon at near light speed. Whatever confidence Luna had felt before was gone and replaced by trepidation and fear. What came over her to make her say those things to Hildr? Her thoughts were murky and Luna shook her head to try and clear it out.

As they flew closer and closer to the moon, Luna could feel the evil that was waiting for her. It opened its arms and beckoned for her to come. It wanted to embrace Luna and show her things she never thought were possible. It wanted to show her power beyond her wildest dreams. It wanted to drink her soul and fill the remaining husk with its own purpose. It wanted Luna to become its herald of Darkness, go back to Equestria, and claim it for the Darkness.

Luna broke out into a cold sweat. This was a bad idea. She never should have come. Luna tried to open her mouth to say something, but the words would not come. Her heart started to race and felt like it would beat out of her chest. Luna began to panic. What was going on? What was happening to her?

Hildr piloted the ship down to the surface of the moon. She looked behind her and noticed the vacant look in Luna’s eyes. “Luna? Is everything okay?” she asked.

Luna slowly turned her head to look at Hildr. The light seemed to come back to her eyes and she said, almost mechanically, “Everything is fine.”

Hildr stared at her like she didn’t believe it. “We don’t have to do this if you don’t want to.” Luna stared back unblinking at Hildr. “If you say so,” Hildr replied with a shrug. She unbuckled and turned to face Luna. “Something I forgot was to loan you a set of armor. There’s no air on the moon and you’ll probably die from exposure,” she said.

Luna shook her head. “Do not worry. My magic will protect me,” she said.

Hildr shrugged and put her helmet on. “This might feel a little strange,” she said and they transmatted to the surface.

As soon as Luna’s feet touched the moon’s soil, she doubled over in great pain. What she felt back on Earth through her link was nothing compared to what was happening to her now. The Darkness burrowed its way deep into Luna’s being and tried to remake her into its own image.

Luna’s consciousness retreated to the furthest corners of her mind. She watched in agony as her body and soul were quickly taken over. Hildr seemed to suffer no ill effects. What was it about Luna that made her so vulnerable? Was it because of the darkness in her own heart? Luna had done terrible things, but she never thought of herself as an evil being. Was this her punishment for that way of thinking? She could feel the Darkness closing in around her. Unlike before, there would be no going back.

Are you giving up?

what else can i do?

You disgust us. We have given you a chance, now it is our turn

please don’t

We will not stand to be devoured by this vile thing. It thinks it can remake us? US?!? We shall show it the error of its ways!

Hildr quickly turned around and watched helplessly as Luna collapsed to the ground in agony. She was instantly furious at herself. You fool! This is all your fault! Hildr noticed the dark blue aura that surrounded Luna’s body and assumed this to be her magic at work. She bent down to help, but was violently rebuffed and knocked back by a force field. Luna picked herself up to her hands and knees and began crawling toward Hildr. A black shadow appeared around Luna’s feet and quickly crawled up her body and hardened into a shiny black shell. Luna’s eyes pleaded for help and she reached desperately for Hildr as the darkness consumed her completely. The shapeless form that used to be Luna fell to the ground.

Hildr’s heart hammered away in her chest and she felt like she was going to throw up. She swallowed and tried to force the lump back down her throat. Hildr began shaking all over from fear and adrenaline. She didn’t know what to do. In all her years, she had never seen anything like this.

The shapeless form moved and Hildr jumped. She watched carefully as it rose to its feet and stood up before her. Cautiously, Hildr approached and reached out to touch the form. The shell began to crack and Hildr jerked her arm back. More cracks appeared and spread all over as pieces began to flake off and disappear. Luna’s face was revealed and the first thing HIldr noticed was her skin had turned coal black instead of midnight blue. Her hair had turned flat grey and moved about in wisps like smoke. Luna’s eyes remained closed as the rest of her body was revealed. The aura that now surrounded Luna had also changed to black.

A tiny flicker of hope sparked in Hildr’s chest. “Luna?” she called out hopefully.

Luna’s eyes slowly opened and Hildr saw they had turned electric blue with slited black pupils. Her face slowly spread into an evil grin and she began to chuckle softly. Her laughter continued to build until Luna threw her head back and cackled maniacally. “You fool! You have no idea the doom you have brought upon yourself!” she laughed.

Hildr stepped back and stood up straight. “So. You must be Nightmare Moon,” she said.

Nightmare Moon nodded and looked herself over. “This form will take some getting used to, but we can see why Luna is fond of it.”

Hildr frowned and asked, “Where is Luna?”

Nightmare moon spread her arms. “Standing before you. We are Luna and Luna is us.”

“So I’ve heard,” Hildr replied. “And now that you are here, what do you intend to do?”

Nightmare Moon snarled and spat on the ground. “Your moon is infested with a vile and evil Darkness. It tried to infect us once, and yet, you bring us here anyway? First we are going to rid this world of you, then we shall cleanse this moon and use it to suit our own needs.”

Hildr wasn’t quite sure what to make of all this. On one hand, she didn’t want to hurt Luna. On the other, she would not hesitate to defend herself. And Nightmare Moon had just openly threatened her. Hildr chuckled and said, “You wish to take my life? You are welcome to try. Stronger enemies than you have tried and failed.”

Nightmare Moon’s smile was pure evil. “We will not ‘try’ anything. We shall smite you into the ground!” She raised her hand and started shooting magic blasts at Hildr, who ducked out of the way, pulled out her sidearm and shot back.

Nightmare Moon laughed as the pullets were stopped by her force field. “Fool! It will take more than that to stop us!”

Hildr dodged another magic blast and swapped for her auto rifle. On a hunch, she changed the settings and the weapon now had purple highlights. Hildr let loose with a short burst. Nightmare Moon smirked at the incoming projectiles, however the purple beams of hard light easily penetrated her force field and hit her in the chest, knocking her back. “You fiend! What sorcery is this?”

Hildr answered by shooting another burst at Nightmare Moon, who dodged out of the way. Hildr gathered her Light in her hand in the form of an explosive and threw it at Nightmare Moon. Nightmare Moon snorted and batted it aside, and was astonished when the grenade stuck to her arm and exploded.

Hildr reloaded and slowly advanced on Nightmare Moon. A blast of magic cleared the dust away, revealing an enraged Nightmare Moon. “We tried to show you mercy by giving you a quick death, but we shall prolong your suffering for your insolence!” Nightmare Moon gathered her magic and with a mighty shout, wings sprouted from her back. Her form started to shift and her clothes morphed into sleek and form fitting armor. The armor itself was glossy black with electric blue piping. Silver boots and gloves covered her arms and legs. Her helmet was adorned with a single horn on the forehead. A large silver crescent moon was inlaid on the chest. Nightmare Moon’s overall appearance reminded Hildr of the armor Luna had worn in her memory.

Hildr was slightly impressed. “Are you done yet? Can we get this over with? I have things to do today that don’t involve kicking your ass,” she called out.

Nightmare Moon roared and with a wave of her hand, sigils appeared behind her. Blades made of black crystal appeared and hovered behind Nightmare Moon like a deadly fan. Her eyes glinted with evil.

Hildr started shooting again, but the blades moved in front of Nightmare Moon and spun quickly, creating a shield that blocked the shots. More blades appeared and with a flick of a finger, Nightmare Moon sent them flying at Hildr.

Hildr tried shooting the blades, but they came too quickly. When her auto rifle ran out of ammo, Hildr pulled out her sword and started deflecting the blades. Nightmare moon floated around the periphery and cackled while sending more and more blades after Hildr. She waved her hand and a sigil appeared on the ground. When Hildr stepped on it, blades shot out of the ground. Caught by surprise, Hildr stumbled back and was stabbed by many swords. Her shield took the brunt of the damage and quickly overloaded. Hildr ducked and narrowly avoided being decapitated.

“Shame. We thought we had you with that one,” Nightmare Moon said.

Hildr growled and brought her sword up. Her shield finished recharging and she tossed another grenade at Nightmare Moon. While she was distracted by the grenade, Hildr quickly closed the distance. The blade of her sword became wrapped in flames and Hildr landed a massive uppercut strike that shattered Nightmare Moon’s guard and singed her armor. Hildr didn’t let up and followed through with another slash and a kick to the stomach.

Nightmare Moon unleashed a blast of magic that knocked Hildr back. Her face was twisted with fury. “It seems we have underestimated your ability. Now, face our true power!” Nightmare Moon floated up into the sky above Hildr. She raised her hand above her and began casting her spell.

Hildr quickly reloaded her auto rifle and started shooting, but Nightmare Moon summoned more blades to protect her. Hildr started to worry and pulled out her rocket launcher and fired at Nightmare Moon. The explosions obscured Hildr’s view, but a giant ball of black and blue swirling energy appeared through the smoke, heading straight for her.

There was nowhere to run. Hildr knew instantly that she was in big trouble. She dropped the rocket launcher, pulled out her sword, and stabbed it into the ground. She then raised her hand and threw down a healing rift of Light energy that overcharged her shield. Hildr grabbed her sword and held on for dear life.

Watching from above, Nightmare Moon was certain there was no way Hildr could have survived. She had summoned the most destructive magic she knew, capable of turning entire mountains to dust and evaporating oceans. The moon trembled from the explosion and the shock wave traveled through the core, where it awoke something that had been sleeping for eons.

With a wave of her hand, Nightmare Moon cleared the dust and debris from the area. Sure enough, the moon now had a massive new crater. In the center, a lone sword was stuck in the ground. Of Hildr there was no sign.

Nightmare Moon floated down to inspect the damage. The sword appeared to be in good condition, despite the damage it had sustained. She looked around, hoping to see Hildr’s body or some indication of her whereabouts, but there was nothing.

From the nether, Hildr watched patiently through the haze and waited for the right moment.

This is taking too long.

Not yet.

The longer you wait, the greater the chance I won’t be able to bring you back.

Have some faith.

At this point, I’d settle for a miracle. She really let you have it.

A miracle? Then I shall make one for you.

Nightmare Moon frowned. “We are most disappointed. We had hoped there would be a body to gloat over.” She turned her attention to Hildr’s sword. “No matter. This will make a fine first trophy of our conquest.”

Now.

Hildr touched the Light and the dark nether was flooded with golden fire. The radiant light restored her broken and battered body to new and Hildr felt her consciousness returning. Nightmare Moon quickly turned around and was blinded by a flash of light. Like the phoenix of legend, Hildr rose from the grave bathed in fire and wings of light on her back. She reached back and delivered an uppercut punch with all her strength. Nightmare Moon’s vision turned blurry as she was knocked into the air. Hildr pulled her sword from the ground and leaped after her.

Nightmare Moon shook her head to clear the cobwebs and moved to the side as Hildr flew past. Her face was a mix of anger and confusion. “How is this possible?” she asked.

Hildr responded by swinging her sword and shot a blast of fire toward Nightmare Moon, who snarled and dodged out of the way. She held out her hand and a spear appeared. Nightmare Moon gripped her weapon and charged at Hildr.

With every swing of her sword, Hildr sent fire at Nightmare Moon, but she dodged and cut through them all. Nightmare Moon thrust her spear at Hildr, who brought her sword up and turned the spear aside. Hildr formed another grenade and shoved it in Nightmare Moon’s face. Hildr quickly disengaged as the grenade exploded.

Nightmare Moon screamed with rage and flew after Hildr as fast as she could and knocked her to the ground. However, Hildr held on to Nightmare Moon and they began pummeling each other with powerful blows. They fell to the ground and created a new crater. Hildr wearily rose to her feet and stared at Nightmare Moon. Her own armor was scratched and dented in new places, and Nightmare Moon’s armor also showed signs of wear and tear. Hildr’s flames started to die out and finally extinguished.

“We do not know what Magic that was, but it seems that you cannot keep that form forever,” Nightmare Moon said.

“You aren’t looking so hot yourself,” Hildr shot back.

Nightmare Moon laughed. “The Night sustains us. We will be triumphant over you.”

Before Hildr could reply, the ground began to shake, knocking both of them down. An oppressive weight pressed down upon them. Hildr felt like she was being crushed to death. It was hard to breathe and her vision started to tunnel. Ahead in the distance, the ground cracked open and a giant…well, Hildr didn’t know what it was. If she had to guess, it looked like a giant worm. It slowly snaked higher and higher into the sky until it loomed high above. It head no head, but the end split open like fleshy flower petals. In the center of the mouth was a glowing yellow crystal. When it spoke, the ground rumbled.

I HAVE BEEN ASLEEP FOR AGES AND YOUR PETTY BICKERING HAS AWAKENED ME. Hildr could hear the worm shouting in her mind. She wanted to cover her ears, but she couldn’t lift her arms. The worm seemed to look down at Hildr. YOU ARE A DEAD THING, BROUGHT TO LIFE AND GIVEN FORM BY THE LIGHT. It moved toward Nightmare Moon. YOU ARE A CHILD OF DARKNESS THAT IS NOT MY OWN. I HAVE DREAMED OF YOU, CHILD OF THE NIGHT. I WILL MAKE YOU MY OWN AND YOU SHALL DO MY BIDDING.

“We kneel before nopony,” Nightmare Moon snorted. The worm made a grunting noise and the pressure increased, causing Nightmare Moon to cry out. Hildr felt like her bones were on the verge of shattering.

DO NOT FIGHT IT. YOUR LIGHT IS FEEBLE AND EASILY EXTINGUISHED. SOON, THE FLAME OF LIFE WILL BE SNUFFED OUT AND ALL WITH RETURN TO DARKNESS, the worm said.

The worm’s Darkness rapidly drained what was left of Hildr’s light. Her vision started to fade, but rather than go quietly into the night, Hildr began to rage. She was angry for getting Luna into this situation, angry for fighting with her friend, angry at the stupid worm, and angry at herself for being too weak to do anything about it. Her Light was nearly gone, but her Magic was still there. With the last bit of her strength, Hildr focused her Magic and Light into a healing rift, and a pool of swirling energy appeared around her body. The crushing weight lessened somewhat, but Hildr still found it difficult to breathe.

Hildr struggled to her knees and watched as Nightmare Moon was lifted into the sky. She cursed and struggled against the invisible grip, but the worm was too strong. It opened its mouth wide and started sucking Nightmare Moon’s magic and soul out of her body. Her strength slowly left her body and she ceased to struggle.

Hildr would not stand for it. The healing rift had restored some of her strength, but the time on the rift was running out. Hildr frantically thought about what she could do. If only she could get Nightmare Moon t the rift and heal her. At this point, Hildr didn’t care if they had been fighting. Luna was her friend and sometimes friends fight. They would get through this.

A thought occurred to Hildr. If she couldn’t bring Nightmare Moon to the rift, she would take the rift to her. But how? She was too far away. Hildr gathered the Light in her hand, but instead of throwing it at the ground, she threw it as hare as she could at Nightmare Moon. It was risk and Hildr didn’t have much Light or Magic left, but she had little choice.

The orb of Light sailed through the sky and hit Nightmare Moon where it was absorbed into her body. Nightmare Moon felt her strength returning and fire burned in her eyes. “Release us you disgusting worm!” she shouted.

A massive beam of Solar fire erupted from the surface of the moon and hit the worm in the center of its mouth, right on the yellow crystal. The worm recoiled back and roared in pain. She winced and held her hands to her head, then felt foolish for doing so since she was wearing a helmet. The overwhelming darkness vanished and Hildr felt the weight disappear.

“I think you’ve sat around long enough Doc,” Nyx said and helped Hildr to her feet. She noticed Nyx was wearing a Celestial Nighthawk helmet. That explained where the shot of Solar energy had come from.

“Where did you come from?” Hildr asked.

“From Earth obviously, but we don’t have time for that,” Nyx said and pointed. Countless numbers of Hive enemies; Thrall, Acolytes, Knights, Ogres, and Wizards, emerged from the cracks and crevices of the moon’s surface near the worm’s emergence point.

“You and the Princess take care of the worm. Leave the rest to me,” Nyx said and changed her Celestial Nighthawk helmet for her Mask of the Third Man helmet. Three green eyes glowed brightly from the depths of Nyx’s hood.

“But there’s too many of them,” Hildr insisted.

Nyx chuckled and gave Hildr a little pat on the shoulder. “Don’t worry. This is a Power Fantasy. Do whatever you want and let your imagination run free.”

HIldr didn’t know what Nyx was talking about, but she was surprised to find her Light and Magic restored to full. She activated her Radiance and flew off in a golden streak.

Nyx rolled her neck and stretched her arms. “Just like old times, eh?” she called out.

Out of the shadows walked another female Hunter wearing black and gold Dead Orbit armor with silver highlights. A black hood and scarf wrapped around her neck and trailed out behind her. Her leg armor was rather bulky and made her look a bit silly. “I look ridiculous,” she said flatly.

“Aw, don’t be like that Selene,” Nyx said. “With the number of enemies out there, and that Orpheus Rig leg armor, you’ll have Nightstalker arrows and tethers for days!”

Selene shook her head and pointed her thumb behind her. “I brought friends.” Saoirse the Titan and Valentina the Warlock emerged from the shadows, with SPARTANS Allen, Steve, and Aurora in tow.

“I’m bringing sexy baaaaack!” Saoirse sang and did a little shuffle step dance.

“Aww, you did this for me? You shouldn’t have,” Steve remarked.

“Not you stupid. I was talking about Sexy here,” Saoirse replied and brought out her Dragon’s Breath rocket launcher. She pulled the trigger, and when the rocked was over the Hive army, Saoirse triggered the release and turned the ground into a sea of flames.

“Burn you stupid bastards!” Saoirse cackled with glee as she shot more rockets. When she was out, Saoirse swapped her rocket launcher for an auto rifle and charged forward. Electricity built up around her body as she jumped into the air and landed with a thunderous crash. An explosion of Arc energy incinerated all of the Hive within a twenty foot diameter. Valentina sighed and ran after the battle-crazed Titan. When she was close, Valentina summoned Arc energy and floated around the battlefield, zapping all of the enemies in sight.

The SPARTANS moved out and started killing with the lethal efficiency they were known for, leaving Nyx and Selene alone. Reluctantly, Selene summoned her Nightstalker bow and fired an arrow into the oncoming horde. The arrow pierced an Acolyte and disintegrated it, leaving an orb of purple Void energy behind. Tethers instantly reached out and latched onto all of the Hive nearby. Selene was rather surprised to find her bow instantly recharged as Nyx had said. “Maybe this won’t be so bad after all,” she said.

“Just keep shooting arrows and generating orbs for me,” Nyx said and leapt into the fray. She pulled out her knife, activated her Bladedancer, and zipped around like lightning, leaving Hive dust in her wake. Selene kept firing arrows until the Hive got too close. She pulled out her trusty Hawkmoon handcannon and went to work.

High above, Hildr met up with Nightmare Moon, who was floating just out of reach of the giant worm. Hildr spared a look at Nightmare Moon and said, “This doesn’t change anything.”

Nightmare Moon glared at Hildr and replied, “Once this pest is disposed of, we shall finish what we started.”

As if feeling left out, the worm bellowed and released a stream of green energy at them. Hildr and Nightmare Moon separated and the beam passed harmlessly between them. They both then closed the distance to go on the attack. Hildr used her sword sheathed in flames and Nightmare Moon pierced and slashed with her spear. Despite their efforts, little damage was actually being done. They regrouped to come up with a plan. “Got any powerful fancy Magic?” Hildr asked.

“Who do you think we are?” Nightmare Moon snarled. “Of course we do, but it will take some time to prepare and cast.”

Hildr gripped her sword and said, “Well get on it then.” She threw down an empowering rift in mid-air that temporarily boosted their abilities. Hildr flew after the worm while Nightmare Moon stood in the rift and channeled her magic. A large sigil appeared behind her and crystal blades fanned out around the edges. She grudgingly admitted that Hildr was a capable foe and the rift drastically cut down on the casting time for the spell.

Hildr did her best to keep the worm’s attention while dodging energy beams and waves of Darkness that threatened to throw her from the sky. She was beginning to tire from constantly keeping her Radiance active and it showed as her movements began to slow. Hildr dug deep down and opened herself fully to the Light. Her fiery aura turned bright gold and her wings grew even bigger. Light radiated off of her in waves that bolstered everyone’s spirits. Hildr shone as bright as the Sun as she flew over the battlefield like Valkyries of legend, burning any Hive that stood against her and stopping to give everyone a big energy boost.

Nightmare Moon couldn’t stand to look at how bright and shiny Hildr had become. It reminded her of Celestia and it made her angry. Deep inside, Luna’s consciousness awoke and bubbled to the surface.

she is beautiful

She is an annoying pest

she is helping us

She is a hindrance to our ambition

Luna could do nothing more than watch.

Hildr flew up to Nightmare Moon and asked, “Are you ready?”

“The time has not yet come,” Nightmare Moon replied with a growl.

Hildr placed her hands on Nightmare Moon’s back and let her Light flow into her. Nightmare Moon gasped at the sudden rush of power. Her spell was magnified greatly in power and the sigil behind her expanded. Lines of Light appeared and intermingled with the sigil. Nightmare Moon turned to Hildr and said, “It is ready.”

Nightmare Moon and Hildr let out a mighty shout as the spell was cast. The crystal blades spread out and lines of Magic connected them. The blades began to spin at high speed and the spell fired, sending an enormous beam of Dark Magic fused with Light at the worm. The worm looked up and roared in defiance before it was engulfed in the blast. To those who could see it from Earth, it looked as if a black and blue ball appeared on the moon before shooting off in a massive beam.

Hildr stared in awe when the spell was done firing. That was probably the single most impressive thing she had ever seen. However, through the haze, the worm began to move. Giant chunks of flesh were missing and viscera flowed like waterfalls from its wounds. All but one of the mouth petals had been burned away. “How is it still alive?” she asked.

Nightmare Moon pointed. “The weak spot remains.”

Hildr gripped her sword and looked to Nightmare Moon, who saluted with her spear. Together, they pointed their weapons at the worm and dove at high speed. The worm shot a beam of energy at them, but the two winged warriors were unfazed as they split the beam. Hildr’s Light and Nightmare Moon’s Magic trailed behind them like a shooting star. They pierced the yellow crystal and kept going until they emerged through the other side of the worm. With its core destroyed, the worm collapsed to the ground, sending up a massive cloud of dirt and rock. With their master gone, the remaining Hive retreated back under the surface of the moon. Their work now complete, Selene and the rest disappeared back into the shadows.

Hildr and Nightmare Moon floated back to the surface of the moon. By now, Hildr was sustaining herself solely though the Light. Her Radiance finally died out and she nearly collapsed with exhaustion. Hildr’ sword slipped from her grasp and stuck in the ground. “Ooh, that sucked,” she groaned. Hildr turned to face Nightmare Moon and was welcomed by a spear through the chest. She sighed and looked up at Nightmare Moon. “Really?” she asked incredulously. “You are a pain in the ass, you know that?”

“We said you would die by our hand and we meant it,” Nightmare Moon said and pulled her spear free. “You were a worthy opponent. We shall never forget this.”

Hildr sank to her knees and fell forward. As she stared over Hildr’s body, Nightmare Moon suddenly became aware of how physically and mentally drained she was. Even with Hildr’s help, casting the spell had taken a lot of Magic and energy. Despite how tired and sore she was, Nightmare Moon spun her spear with a flourish and it disappeared in a puff of smoke. She turned and walked away, leaving Hildr’s body behind.

This is a terrible idea.

Just do it.

You’ve already used so much Light.

And I’ll keep using it again and again.

There will be repercussions.

As if that ever stopped me before.

Why do you put yourself through this?

Because she is my friend.

Nightmare Moon stopped and turned around as Hildr punched her in the jaw again. Nightmare Moon fell back in a daze. “How are you doing this?” she asked.

Completely exhausted, Hildr sighed and put her fists up. “Because I told you if you ever went to the Dark Side, I’d end you myself.”

Nightmare Moon laughed. “You dare to stand against us in that state?” Hildr responded with a jab and a right cross. Nightmare Moon staggered back and snarled, hitting Hildr with a spinning back kick. Hildr fell back and rolled to her feet and tackled Nightmare Moon to the ground.

They were both too exhausted to do much else and too stubborn to just give up. Hildr finally ended up on to and started raining blows down on Nightmare Moon’s face. Her helmet was knocked off and her long hair splayed everywhere. She defended herself as best as she could and finally managed to push Hildr off. Nightmare Moon rolled to the side and came up in a crouch. Hildr wearily pulled herself to her feet.

that is enough

She dares to raise a hand against us? We will not stand for it!

we are barely standing now.

Be silent coward!

no. this has gone on long enough

And what will you do?

I will not sit idly by. unlike last time, I do not need the elements to be rid of you

What are you saying?

What do you think? hildr opposes us because she cares for us. she is our friend.

We have no need for such trivial things.

it is time for you to be still

Luna focused on the small spark of hope deep in her heart. It blossomed and filled her body with warmth. Luna fed on the deep bonds she shared, not just with Hildr, but with everypony back in Equestria. She knew that those who cared for her were waiting for her to return.

How sneaky of you to take advantage of our weakened state

you did this to yourself

You will never be rid of us. We are always watching.

I know

Hildr watched as Nightmare Moon suddenly stopped moving and stood frozen in place. Her form slowly changed back and her skin began to lighten. Lastly, her eyes faded back to normal. Luna stood up straight and blinked her eyes. She looked around before collapsing to the ground.

“Is that you Princess?” Hildr asked.

Luna raised her hand to her face. “Yes, it is I,” she replied with a groan and rubbed her jaw. “But did you have to hit me so hard?”

Hildr dropped her arms and let out a tired sigh before falling face first on the ground next to Luna. “But you started it,” she mumbled.

Luna couldn’t help but laugh and immediately regretted it and held her bruised sides. “I think a few days of rest are in order,” she said.

Hildr could only mumble in reply.


“And then everyone went home happy. The end,” Nyx said.

Hildr could only stare dumbfounded at Nyx. “How in the world did you come up with all of that?” she finally asked. It had been two days since Luna left and Hildr and Nyx were sitting in the clinic. Hildr was drinking tea and Nyx was just being a pest.

“Oh come on, you have to admit that would have been pretty cool,” Nyx insisted.

Hildr could only shake her head. “A Worm God buried in the moon?” she asked.

Nyx shrugged. “Why not? There was one buried in the Martian ice caps.”

“And we needed Rasputin’s help to defeat it,” Hildr pointed out.

Nyx sat back and crossed her arms. “And Luna is a pony princess of the moon and you are the Valkyrie. What’s your point?”

Hildr rolled her eyes. “I don’t know why I put up with you. Cayde is afraid of you and Ikora wants to lock you up again. Why do you keep doing this?”

Under her helmet, Nyx smiled. “Because I’m written this way, O Reader Mine.”

Comments ( 1 )

I see somepony's been getting into the funky mushrooms again.

Login or register to comment