• Published 3rd Jul 2018
  • 2,365 Views, 687 Comments

Dash to the Stars - Meep the Changeling



When Dash's friends are abducted by aliens, she vows to go to the ends of the universe to get them back. Lucky for her, a new friend got her a ride...

  • ...
7
 687
 2,365

11 - PL:OV

Pandora - 749,559.83 A.H.

13th of Faust, 1st year of Harmony

Dawn of Destiny, Tavros Station - Fenx System, Noctae Sector

Pan gently nibbled Penny’s left ear as he snuggled up against her back. The Chernin Woman giggled and pulled her arm out from under the covers to gently scratch her pony boyfriend’s head.

“Still frisky, ey, comrade?”

Pan nodded and gave Penny’s neck a loving lick. “Mhm! But you look all happy and done, so… We can just cuddle if you want.”

Penny rolled over, making their blankets swish as silk glided across skin and fur. She looked into Pan’s eyes and smiled. “How many more could you do? For future reference?”

Pan nuzzled into Penny’s cleavage and gently hugged her shoulders with his left foreleg. “Well, um… Probably three or four. More if you’d top me instead of the other way around.”

Penny took note of that little admission and looped her right leg over Pan’s hips. “I’ll be happy to do that next time. Blin, I never thought I’d find a guy who could keep up like that.”

Pan blushed and wiggled slightly. “Heh heh… W— well, we did evolve to be herd based. Like, with lots of mares and one stallion.”

Penny pursed her lips. “So, you’re built to make sure every mare in a whole herd is happy eh? Lucky me!”

Pan snorted and rolled his eyes. “No! Lucky me! I can’t imagine having a dozen marefriends, that sounds like a nightmare. But uh, yeah… Alien girls can do lots. It’s nice.”

Penny took a moment to simply enjoy laying next to Pan. It had been a few months since she had spent this much time out of her armor. It was nice.

Pan’s heart fluttered lightly as Penny started to stroke his back, idly petting him as she would a dog. The little stallion flicked his tail happily and looked up into Penny’s eyes, offering her a smile. “This is nice.”

Penny smirked. “Da. More so for me than you, I think. For such a little pony, you sure fill things up.”

Pan blinked. “Huh?”

Penny blushed and leaned down to whisper into his ear. “My uh… My holes are still open. You stretched this girl out good! You’re big. This is a good thing.”

Pan blushed and scratched the back of his head with a hoof. “I uh, I’m actually small for a stallion…”

Penny winced. “Ow… Good to know. I don’t want to be split in two.”

Pan nodded and scooted up along the mattress to give Penny a kiss on her lips. His heart beat faster as he pressed his lips against hers, and a wave of utter contentment spread through his body. Penny returned his kiss and playfully ran her fingers across Pan’s thigh. “Sooo, for next time, you said just now you like to be topped, da?”

Pan nodded. “Mhm! I’m not gay or anything, but I do like mares being on top, or even using toys on me. That’s nice too.”

Penny grinned and gave Pan’s plot a little slap. “Good! I’m usually the dominant one in bed. This was nice though. Don’t worry, we can do either or whenever you want.”

Pan raised an eyebrow. “You do know you just told a guy he can have sex whenever he wants, right?”

Penny nodded and winked. “Da!”

“Sooo, every night?”

Penny frowned. “That’s all? Why not in the mornings too?”

Pan’s ears perked. “Celestia! I so don’t deserve you.”

“Eh,” Penny shrugged and sat up, putting one hand on her stomach to try and sooth the light cramping she was still in the middle of. “You can earn me.”

Pan frowned as Penny’s words sank in deeper than most things would. She was genuinely one of his fantasies, sure that fantasy wasn’t as potent as he imagined it being, but that hardly mattered. A wonderful alien mare had taken him away from everything he hated and genuinely loved him.

I need to do something for her. Pan decided as he sat up and playfully booped Penny’s left breast before the Chernin woman could reactivate her holographic clothing.

“Oi! You’re over quota on those.” Penny teased.

Pan laughed, even though he didn’t think the joke was funny. “Heh… So, question.”

Penny stood up and stretched, her black hardlight boyshorts moving along with her skin as if they were paint. “What?”

Pan reached out with his magic and gently pressed on the control panel for Penny’s mobility frame. Penny froze as Pan touched it, worried about what he was doing, then blushed as her clothes loaded the proper physics simulation, and start to move like real clothing would have. “Oh… Thanks!”

“No problem!” Pan said with a smile. “What I was asking about is if you had food delivered to the kitchen.”

Penny bent over, intentionally presenting to tease Pan while she performed a basic cat stretch. The little stallion’s cheeks burned as he shyly covered his returning erection with the blankets. She said she was done for today, so were done…

Penny knew exactly what she was doing to her stallion, and made an extra teasing show of finishing stretching while using her implant to check the Dawn’s systems for delivery confirmations. “Da, I had things stocked. Are you hungry? The Dawn says Blue is onboard and has a guest. I can have her make something and we can see who she brought onboard.”

Pan frowned and tilted his head. “Wait, she has a guest? Shouldn’t she have gotten an okay form you for that?”

Penny nodded. “Da, but I never told her she had to ask for permission. This is my fault. She’s smart. She won't bring someone dangerous onboard.”

“I guess not… I wonder why she invited someone onboard,” Pan stroked his chin in thought while Penny snickered and stood up properly.

“You’re joking, da?”

Pan shook his head. “No. Why would I be? I guess she could have made a friend.”

Penny shook her head slowly. “You silly blin! She was horny all day, and hasn’t left her cabin in two hours, neither has her guest. What do you think she’s doing?”

Pan facehooved. “Oh, wow... I’m dumb!”

“Nyet, you’re just too satisfied to think about more sex right now,” Penny teased as she picked Pan up and playfully swung him onto her shoulder like a backpack.

Pan eeked and clung tightly to Penny’s back. “Ack! Can you handle this? I mean, with your condition.”

Penny shook her head. “My frame can, I can’t. I want to carry you… Wait, is that— Blin! You really still could keep going can’t you?”

Pan blushed and nodded. “Yeah… sorry.”

Penny rolled her eyes. “Oh no, my nudist boyfriend is hard because I’m carrying him on my back and I can feel his junk. This is the worst thing ever… Don’t worry about it, blin! If I didn't like it, I’d put you down.”

Pan frowned, more than a little confused. “You… Like this?”

“Da! Don’t be so surprised. Girls like sexy things too. Well, some of us. I know I do!”

Pan blushed and wiggled his legs before wrapping them around Penny’s belly to hold on better. Well, if she wants to carry me like this, then I’ll make it comfy for her. “Okay! Well, as I was saying, I actually would like to make you dinner. You know, myself.”

Penny blinked, she hadn't expected Pan to offer to cook at all. “Ey?”

“Yeah! You’re a great mare and I want to do something nice for you.”

Penny smirked. “You already did, blin!”

“Eh, sure, but I mean like, romantic stuff.”

“Oh! Well, in that case…” Penny reached back to gently give Pan’s rump a pat. “Let’s go to the kitchen.”

The two left Penny’s cabin and began to walk down the hall to the ship’s kitchen. They walked in silence, simply enjoying each other’s company. Pan wasn’t paying too much attention to the walk, his mind was occupied with thinking about the last two years and trying to remember everything Penny mentioned about what she liked to eat.

There wasn’t much to go on. The only thing Penny had said about food that he could remember was complaining about her poor diet of survival rations and vodka. I know she can eat basically anything, but there has to be something she likes the taste of.

Pan shifted on Penny’s back as he debated what he could do, only to realize he was being a complete idiot. For bucks’ sake, Pan, you don’t even know what she ordered! Ugh, we’ll wait till we see what there is.

The kitchen doors hissed as Penny carried Pan into the state of the art kitchen. She stepped over to the countertop then squatted down and let go of Pan’s hindlegs so he could slide off her back. Pan let go immediately, his hooves making a sharp click as he touched down on the steel floor.

Penny turned around, gave him a quick kiss on the nose then stood up and made her way to one of the three tables to take a seat on its bench. “Sooo, have any plans?”

Pan blushed and sat down on the floor to scratch the back of his head with a hoof. “Uh, heh heh… No? I sort of realized on the way over that I have no idea what you even bought, much less would like.”

Penny laughed and shook her head. “Oi, blin… That is a problem isn’t it?”

Pan nodded and stood up on all fours and started to open cupboards with his magic to search for ingredients. To his relief the first one he opened contained sugar, flour, and other granular, grainy things. “Oh good! I could make bread. Uh, if you like bread.”

Penny waved a hand in dismissal while adjusting her glasses. “Ey, don’t worry! I can eat anything. Whatever you make will be a treat since it’s not ration bars.”

Pan turned around and stamped a hoof indignantly. “I’m trying to do a nice! Let me make you something you like, dang it!”

Penny snorted and bit her lip to hold in a laugh. “Well, if it means that much to you… How about plov?”

Pan frowned and raised an eyebrow. “What’s plov?”

Penny searched for a few seconds to try and explain the dish. “You take a bunch of stuff, throw it in one pot, and cook it. Is like soup, but is not.”

Pan stared blankly back at Penny for several long seconds, making the Chernin woman cross her arms indignantly over her chest. “Come on, you know I’m a bad cook!”

“Can you at least tell me what goes in the pot?”

Penny’s cheeks flushed. “Oh! Da…” She smiled shyly and cleared her throat. “Okay, take a big soup pot, and put some oil in the bottom. Uh, vegetable oil. Not motor oil.”

Pan raised an eyebrow. “Uh, would there be motor oil in the kitchen?”

“Da. Is good on hotdogs.”

Pan closed his eyes and sighed. “Is there anything in this dish that could kill me because I don't have the superpower to eat anything?”

Penny shook he rhead. “Nyet! Is old human recipe. You’re fine. Unless you have allergies to food. Do you?”

Pan shook his head and turned back to the cabinets, simply opening them all at once with his telekinesis to retrieve a pot and some vegetable oil.

“Okay, now pick out some meat from the fridge,” Penny directed.

Pan frowned. “Oh, it’s a meat-based dish?”

Penny nodded. “Da, are you vegan or something? I know you said poneis can eat meat.”

“We can, but I personally don’t like to… A lot of animals look like a pony, you know?”

Penny nodded. “Ah, makes sense. Fear not, nothing in the kitchen came from a living breathing thing with a face. It’s all cloned meat. We grow sides of beef, pork, tarki, reia, and heer in vats. It was never really alive.”

Pan frowned and timidly opened the refrigerator with a hoof since he was standing next to it. The cold storage was indeed stuffed with meat, but Pan couldn’t help but feel something was off about it. He frowned and looked at each sealed package closely, trying to find the pattern for several long moments before it clicked.

“Each cut looks the same. Like, the marbling and stuff, it’s all identical.”

“Da. Is cloned meat. Same cut every time.”

Pan hummed. “Well, I guess I can try it. But um… Not anything from a cow. Cows are people.”

Penny frowned. “Noted. I’ll take that off the list. What about pork?”

“Some farmers magically increase their intelligence to make them easier to manage… So it’s a bit weird too.”

“Okay, then go with tarki.”

Pan searched the refrigerator for the correct package, and pulled one out with his magic. The meat inside the plastic packaging was bright red, almost fire engine red in color. Pan blinked, closed the fridge and opened the package. A strong scent which reminded him of smoked sausage and bacon immediately filled the air. “Woah?! What is this?”

Penny held up her hand and switched on one of her frame’s holo projectors to show Pan an image of a thirty foot tall gila monster-like creature which spat acid. “This.”

Pan squeaked. “Eep! And uh, you… you eat those?”

Penny broke out into a grin a bit bigger than was appropriate. “Da. They eat us. Is only fair. Besides, is good!”

Pan nodded and slid the meat out of the package onto a cutting board. “Sooo this gets cut into bits, right?”

“Da. Cut it into chunks the size of your hoof. Use both kilos. Once it’s cut up, put it in the pot and set that to boil.”

Pan nodded and on a whim, focused his magic to try and cut the meat himself. His horn glowed dimly, which was worrying until a thin ray of arcane light slid across the meat, perfectly cutting it but not singeing the board beneath. Oh! Right, it regulates things. I guess this doesn't’ take enough energy to make it glow brightly with waste energy?

Pan quickly cut the rest of the meat up and set it to boil as instructed. As soon as the meat was in the pot, Penny delivered the next set of instructions.

“Now cut about four onions into big chunks, wait for the meat to be a bit blue—”

Pan’s tail raised in alarm. “It turns blue?”

Penny nodded, as if that weren't weird at all. “Da. It turns blue, then green, then pink, then white. When it's white, it's done.”

Pan eyed the pot of meat suspiciously. “Annnd I can eat that?”

“Da! All the bad stuff is taken out at the vat.”

“Okay… So, meat goes blue then… ?”

“Toss the onions into the pot,” Penny resumed. “While the onion is cooking, do eh, six carrots into quarter-logs and toss them in too.”

Pan nodded and after a quick search found both vegetables and processed them. Since he hadn’t cooked the dish before, he didn’t talk to Penny while he worked. Instead he focused on the job, making sure he did everything in a way that looked right. There were certain commonalities to cooking, and even with a recipe you never tried before, some rules simply held fast.

Like not cutting onions so small that they disintegrate entirely after a long time boiling, and since the dish included carrots, Pan knew it would be boiling for some time.

As soon as the carrots went into the pot, Pan smiled and turned to look at Penny with a sense of satisfaction. It’s a shame Rainbow took this job. I do like to cook. “Okay, now what?”

“Get about six hundred milligrams of rice, some salt, and garlic. Dump in a good amount of salt right into the pot. Then, give the rice a good rinse.”

Pan nodded and floated the rice out from the grain cupboard, dumping it into a bowl to weigh it out. “You sure you can’t cook? It sounds to me like you know what to do.”

Penny blushed a bright pink. “Oi… Knowing how to do something and being able to do it are two very different things, uteshat' petukh!”

Pan blinked twice, his left ear drooping. “Uh, what did you call me?”

“An affectionate and accurate nickname,” Penny said with a playful flutter of her eyes.

Pan resolved to look it up as soon as he could.

The pony quickly salted the pot, and weighed, rinsed, then double rinsed the rice for good measure. Before he had a chance to put the rice into the pot, which he assumed was the next step, Penny called for him to wait.

“Not yet! First, put in some water. Just enough to make things start to float.”

Pan nodded, turned on the kitchen tap with his magic, collected a small ball of water in his arcane grip, and floated it into the pot. Penny did a triple take. “EY! Since when could you just pick up liquids like that?”

Pan smirked. Heh! Something I can do to impress her for a change? Awesome! “Since forever. You could probably scoop up water with your hands. Same thing.”

Penny frowned thoughtfully. “Could you pick up boiling water? Acids? Magma?”

Pan nodded three times. “Yeah! Anything. Well, anything that’s not resistant to magic, like zinc.”

Penny walked over to the pot and looked inside. The slow cooking meat and vegetables had started to release a wonderful aroma that even Pan had to admit smelled extremely tasty. The Chernin woman nodded as she confirmed there was in fact water in the pot.

“Okay, that’s cool, Pan. I’m a bit jealous.”

“No need to be. You have a spaceship!” Pan giggled. “Sooo, what’s next?”

Penny blinked. “Oh! Da. Right. Put two whole cloves of garlic in there and let it boil about ten minutes till the water goes back down.”

Pan’s ears drooped back. “TWO?!”

Penny noded. “Da. Two. The meat needs it.”

Pan looked at the pot worriedly. Rearing up on his hind legs he could see into the pot, and noted the meat had turned a bright banana yellow. “It’s like they are made from taffy…”

Penny giggled. “The texture is like taffy too, if you don’t boil it.”

Pan’s ears drooped even more. This is going to be so bad… But if she likes it, that’s okay.

“Sooo what do we do for ten minutes?” Pan asked curiously.

Penny hummed and put a hand on her chin. “Well… If it weren’t possible for Rainbow to walk in, I’d say we do doggy style.”

Pan sputtered. “H— Hey! I thought you said you were done?”

Penny smiled and shrugged. “Ey, what can I say? Watching my man cook for me is sexy.”

Pan whimpered, his tail drooped as he thumped his head against the counter. “Awww… And I let her take the cooking job!”

Penny smiled and reached down to gently stroke Pan’s mane. “Don’t worry about it. We can do special dinners like this every once in awhile. Date nights are important, da?”

“Da,” Pan echoed playfully. “But seriously, what do we do?”

“Well, stories are traditional… Let’s see. This one time, I was helping track down a— Well, imagine a very angry turtle if it’s dad had been a lion, and then this thing had done nothing but meth and steroids its whole life.”

Pan shrank back slightly as his imagination pictured such a creature a bit too well.

“So, I was helping track down a jiir on an ice planet…” Penny proceed to tell a very animated story about her getting into a fist fight with two massive ape-like snow-dwelling monsters which wound up destroying a small research outpost, releasing some kind of shapechanging horror that replaced its victims, which she managed to beat into submission with the help of the snow apes, who apparently feared a mutual enemy.

Pan was on the edge of his seat for the entire story. Even though most of it felt like horseapples to him, Penny told it well. It reminded him of when he would sit in the tower and listen to Penny talk about the galaxy. He’d never believed he would really be out here with her seeing it. A part of him was happy, but another part was sad.

You know… Sis would love this too… Pan thought, his ears drooping.

“... but once she realized I was a smol thing in beeg armor she had no interest in me, so we didn’t hook up. And that’s the story of how I almost hooked up with a cute yeti babe after punching that thing to death with her,” Penny finished before looking at Pan with a worried frown. “Now, what's the matter with my uteshat' petukh?”

Pan sighed. “Well, it’s just… This is nice, you know?” He said as he looked up into Penny’s eyes. “It feels like home. Not my parents home, but like, how everyone talks about home. I wish my little sister was here. She’d like it, and I’ll bet alien meds could fix her wings.”

Penny frowned sympathetically, even though inside her heart soared at what she hoped was a breakthrough for Pan. “Eh… Well, maybe we can pick her up one day. You could use the radio to give her a message. Your princess has your old set, remember?”

Pan’s ears perked. “I completely forgot! Remind me to send a letter to her after dinner, okay?”

Penny nodded and bent down to give Pan a loving hug. “Happily! Now, that water has boiled away. Are you ready to keep cooking?”

Pan returned Penny’s hug and turned around to face the counter. “Yeah! What next?”

“Sprinkle in the rice so it makes a layer on top of everything else. Don’t let it mix! Then we add some more water in, let it boil off a bit, then lower the heat and simmer the rice.”

Pan’s ears stood up excitedly. “Oh! I’m great at that. We do dishes with a rice layer a lot.”

“Good! It’s hard to explain how to do it well.”

“How long do we simmer it?”

“Well, this is ten minute rice, so ten minutes. After that, you mix everything up and serve it.”

Pan nodded and started to add the rice. It was rather easy for him to do, since most pony dishes did a rice layer between different kinds of vegetables in the pot. For him, the hard part had always been the third layer.

Just as Pan was placing the lid on the pot, the kitchen doors banged open as a wobbly-legged, hungry-eyed Rainbow Dash burst into the kitchen. “What smells like awesome?!” The mare demanded as she stared at the pot.

Rainbow Dash - 13th of Faust, 1st year of Harmony

749,559.95 A.H.

Dawn of Destiny, Tavros Station - Fenx System, Noctae Sector

Rainbow Dash was happily and playfully rubbing her plot up against her new marefriend’s loins while they cuddled when the most mouth-watering, intoxicating, perfect scent wafted into her cabin.

The mare’s eyes dilated immediately. Primal instincts from the very first days of pegasi evolution filled her mind, screaming at her to go and eat that delicious meat. Pegasi had always been omnivores, over the millennia their interbreeding with other pony tribes had given all ponies that trait to a certain degree, just not as much as the pegasi themselves.

Rainbow jumped out of bed without a word. Her hindquarters was still slightly numb, her legs wobbly, and her wings simply refused to flap right to fly, but it didn’t matter. Something, somewhere, needed to be eaten. Now!

Jo eeped as Rainbow jumped up and began to hobble out of her cabin. “Uh! I’m sorry, did I do something? Are you hurt?”

Rainbow shook her mane but didn’t turn around. “Someone is cooking meat and I need it, now!”

Jo closed her eyes and did a quick chemical analysis of the air. “Oh yeah, someone is cooking. How did you smell that? It’s so faint.”

Rainbow was already out the door, moving as fast as her legs could currently take her. She reached the kitchen in a surprisingly short six seconds, by which time Jo had only barely gotten out the door to follow her.

Rainbow put her forehooves on the kitchen doors and pushed them open, forgetting in her haste the doors were electric. Had Rainbow been in a normal state of mind, she would likely have been shocked at how she pushed the doors open, completely ignoring the electric motors resistance on her quest for the noms.

With the doors parted before her, Rainbow’s tail flicking eagerly, and her mouth watering, the cyan mare demanded, “What smells like awesome?!”

Pan jumped at Rainbow’s sudden proclamation, but Rainbow had no eyes for that. She could smell it now. The perfect deliciousness was in the cooking pot atop the stove. Rainbow opened her wings to try and fly up to it, but her sill pleasure-addled brain was having none of that flying nonsense right now.

Penny pointed out the pot. “Is plov. Made from tarki. Big acid spitting lizard.”

Rainbow zipped over to the stove and reared up to look at the pot. “I need it!”

Pan’s face took on a worried expression as a small detail about pegasi from biology class came back to him. “Hold on Rainbow, I’ll get it. It’s okay. Give me one minute, okay?”

Rainbow’s tail flicked back and forth behind her as she stared hungrily at the pot. Pan very quickly opened the lid, gently fished inside for a chunk of meat, and slowly pulled it out to avoid disturbing the rice too much. He had scarcely managed to get the meat free from the pot before Rainbow snatched it from his magical grip with her hooves and zipped under the table to eat it, ignoring how hot the tender white meat was as she started to chew on it aggressively.

Penny stared wide eyed and slack jawed, not even noticing Jo, who had made it to the door just in time to see Rainbow zip under the table to eat.

Penny shook her head in disbelief. “The crazy cyuka! What’s got into her, Pan?”

Pan laughed nervously. “Okay, so uh, ancient pegasi would hunt for small game, and fish, like pre-sapience. There’s some scents that will make them go all nuts like that. If it happens, let them eat it. Just, whatever it is, let them eat it, or they will literally fight you for it.”

Jo shook her head slowly. “Well, shit…”

Penny looked up at the sound of a stranger’s voice. She had expected Rainbow’s friend to be not too far behind, but she hadn’t expected to see what looked to her to be a half broken android in need of serious TLC.

Penny gasped and put her hands over her mouth. “Blyt! Are you okay? Please tell me your not awake like that! You have to be in so much pain.”

Jo blinked and took her eyes off Rainbow. “What? Oh! Uh, hi! Sorry… Um, I’m J0-LUP-0, you can call me Jo. I’m Saria’s security robot, Rainbow and I hit it off and uh, well we had a date night.”

Penny nodded once. “Da. I knew she had someone on board. We talk later. Now, are you okay? What happened to you?”

Jo rewound her memory to playback Penny’s initial question while Rainbow gnawed on the hoof sized chunk of meat and wept with joy. The alien meat was perfectly suited to her exact tastes and instincts regarding meat. In fact, it was perfectly suited to every pegasus tastes in meat. It was light, chewy, melted in the mouth, and tasted like a mixture of fish and rabbit blessed by the gods to be awesome!

If any other pegasus had been onboard, they would have fought over the tiny scrap of meat.

Pan looked at Rainbow and shivered. “Celestia… Look at her go… Is it that good Rainbow?”

Rainbow nodded. “Better than sex!” She said through a mouthful.

Jo’s servos wined as she slumped. “W— what? Really? I thought I did a good job.”

“Not better than you,” Rainbow added. “Shh! Eating!”

Jo shook herself then looked back to Penny. “I am awake, Captain. I am not in pain. My chassis has been modified by my own hands to better match my personality programming. It is… unfinished, and I doubt I can ever truly look as I wish, but I am not in pain. I am sorry my appearance alarmed you.”

Penny nodded as she sighed in relief. “Okay! Good. I knew an android who had his synthskin melted off. Poor bastard always felt like he was burning.”

Jo’s CPU winced as she did her best to not simulate that feeling to get a better understanding of the Chernin’s claim. She failed. Jo whimpered and pulled in on herself slightly. “Ow! Ow… Why would you tell me that?!”

“Call it payment for trespassing. Rainbow should have asked permission to bring a guest aboard… But I never told her that so eh, not a big deal. Especially not since you’re a security android. I’m sure you know all the laws?”

Jo nodded. Rainbow continued to gnaw away at her lump of meat and make extremely satisfied, borderline sexual noises.

Pan slowly shook his head. “Okay, I need to try some of that.”

Rainbow glared at him, her ears laying back.

“A different piece!” Pan yelped.

Rainbow’s ears returned to perky cuteness.

Penny looked down to Rainbow with a worried look. “I hope it finishes cooking before she’s done… She’ll definitely want more.”

Jo nodded in agreement. “Yes. That biomass seems to be supernaturally delicious.”

Penny nodded twice then looked Jo up and down. The android hadn’t redressed, having ran out the door after Rainbow without a care for her modesty subroutines. This gave Penny a full view of Jo’s body, which in turn was enough for the Chernin to wish she had the time to help the poor synthetic woman finish her body.

“So, what’s your relationship to Rainbow? One night stand?”

Jo shook her head. “No. I love her.”

Penny nodded again. “I see… How long did you think about it?”

“Three minutes.”

Pan raised an eyebrow and looked up at Jo, wincing slightly at the sight of her exposed endoskeleton. “That’s it? It took me a year to fall in love with Penny!”

Penny squatted down and gave Pan a hug. “She’s an android, Pan. Her brain is an optical computer. For her, three minutes is nearly half my lifetime.”

Rainbow wasn't paying any attention to the voices yammering around her. She had meats!

Jo nodded and squatted down as well, assuming this was the proper pony talking protocol. “If I were to underclock to think at organic speeds, I spent nearly three hundred and fifty years calculating my feelings for her. I love her.”

“Oh,” Pan said, entirely unable to comprehend that amount of time, much less it being spent on solving one problem.

“What’s she think of you?” Penny asked Jo hopefully.

Rainbow reached the final tiny scrap of her meat-chunk, and paused. This was immediately noticed by everyone, as all three of them had been keeping some attention on the ravenous mare. Rainbow wiggled out from under the table, and held the last piece out to Jo. “Try it!”

Jo took the small strip of meat and placed it in her mouth, running a quick chemical analysis. “Oh! Yeah, that’s a unique flavor.”

Pan sputtered and turned to Penny to whisper in her ear. “She loves her!”

“Are you sure?” Penny asked with a frown.

Pan nodded adamantly. “Yes! She was in primal hunting mode, and shared food. She loves her. Even if Rainbow isn’t consciously completely sure… They only do that with like, family.”

Rainbow trotted over to Jo’s legs and lay down next to her, nuzzling into her upper thigh for a moment before blinking, and realizing she just did that with friend’s watching. The cyan mare’s cheeks turned bright pink and with one swift motion, Rainbow hid her face behind her forelegs.

Jo didn’t even blink as she picked Rainbow up and held her in her lap. “Don’t worry, Dash. If they think you’re goofy for that, I’ll slap them.”

Pan smirked. “Goofy? No. Adorable? Yes. Which is probably worse for her.”


Jo looked down at Rainbow. “Is it?”

Rainbow nodded. “Y— Yeah…”

Jo’s systems processed this information. She looked up at Penny. “Captain, may I slap your crewmen?”

Penny paused for a moment. “Ey… Nyet. That being said, I think it would be a bad thing to separate you two, da?”

Rainbow cleared her throat. “Very bad. She’s promised to help teach me to fight. She wants to help us.”

Penny raised an eyebrow. “You do?”

“Affirmative… I don’t know why, but I’ve always had a hatred for the Nova Wing. I suspect some of the programming fragments which were stolen to create me included priority target data for the Wing.”

Penny stood up and glanced at the pot atop the stove to make sure it wasn’t boiling over. “Okay. I know you’re awake, so you’re not owned. Are you under contract?”

Jo shook her head. “Nah, Saria and I don’t get along anymore. She wants to get rid of me… I’m supposed to wait till I know she has a house, but to tell you the truth, she’d be happy if I left right now. She… Sees me as an error.”

Penny’s eyebrows narrowed, but not as much as Rainbow’s.

“An error?” The mare sputtered angrily, squirming in Jo’s arms as she tried to look at the face, but only managed to squish herself between Jo’s breasts. “I’ll punch her in the nose for that!”

Jo set Rainbow down. “Easy! I am technically an error. She didn’t want an awakened AI. It’s okay.”

“The hay it is! People are not mistakes,” Rainbow grumbled.

Penny cleared her throat held out her right hand. “Then, welcome aboard. What skills can you bring to the Dawn? Tactical officer? We still need one of those.”

Jo smiled. “Well, personally, I’d like to fix a lot of things on this ship. Your landing struts are… I feel this old ship’s pain, you know? I don't mean to offend you, but this ship needs more maintenance than you can provide.”

Penny threw her head back and laughed. “You have no idea! I would welcome another mechanic with open arms, and an extra open wallet. This ship needs real care, and I can’t afford a drydock. I may be a Chernin, but I grew up on Chern, not in the fleet. I uh… I don't know starships very well. I’m a robotics engineer, and a power armor specialist.”

Jo’s cooling fans hummed as she overvolted in excitement. “Wait, you’re a robotics expert? Would it be possible to be paid in frames, upgrades, and parts? I can do my own work.”

Penny smiled and nodded. “Da! What frames interest you?”

Jo blushed lightly. “We can go into detail later. Right now, I believe there is a pot of food that is nearly done, and if Dash’s earlier reaction is anything to go by—”

The primal force which had compelled Dash to seek out the meat before returned in a much lesser capacity than before. Her eyes widened. “There's more?”

Pan smiled and pointed to the pot. “Yep! With rice, and onions, and carrots, and garlic.”

Rainbow clasped her hooves together. “So awesome!”

Penny shook her head and laughed. “Pan, be a good boyfriend and get everyone a pla— Ey, Jo? Do you eat?”

Jo nodded. “I can, yes. I do not wish to at this time.”

“Suit yourself…” Penny said trailing off slightly. “Ah, one other question. Do you have any clothes? I don’t care if you prefer not to dress onboard, but—”

Jo blinked, then blushed deeply. “Oh! Uh, yeah.. I normally do, but um…”

Rainbow looked up at Jo and did her best to emulate Sweetie Belle’s bambi eyes. “But you look so cool! Don’t cover up those servos and stuff!”

Jo wrang her hands for a moment, unaware that simply nudity wasn’t arousing to ponies, and fully believing Dash simply enjoyed seeing her mate naked, when in actuality, the mare’s statement was litteral. “... Okay. If you like it I’ll go all minimal. Sports bra, jean shorts, boots. But only when we’re onboard, and since I’ll be uncomfortable with them looking at me until I have full synth-skin we’ll have to work out something for you to do for me in return.”

Rainbow debated internally for a moment, her wings fluttering on her back. “Okay, deal!”

Penny debated with herself for a moment, then decided to be nice to Jo and Rainbow at the same time. “The Dawn has a factory. We can build you a new skin in a week. So you have one week for whatever you’re planning there.”

Jo smiled. “Cool!”

Rainbow’s ears drooped as thousands of worrying ideas popped into her head. Followed by a dozen kinky ones. Then Pan set a bowl of plov down in front of her and the enchanting scent returned Rainbow to the land of heavenly bliss.