• Published 29th Oct 2012
  • 1,488 Views, 22 Comments

BibleMare - LittleStrongheartNyx



Inspired by the Fausticorn's word, Chrysalis pledged to fight evil as Biblemare!

  • ...
25
 22
 1,488

Pilot - The First Encounters


Ponyville, the hometown of the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, their families and friends and two who, thank to a certain purple unicorn, were no longer two of the most feared beings in Equestria. A village where things were less sophisticated as Canterlot, but more friendly. A town where ponies could live normal lives, though the cultures of other places in the land would be found in many different homes. Very few places were fancy, but they served their purposes to the residents and visitors well.

One particular family was enjoying a relaxing, late summer, Saturday mid-morning in one of the village's exterior parks. The earth pony stallion was brown coated, with spiky brown hair, green eyes, a red collar with a bow tie and a cutie mark of three golden triangles. The unicorn mare had a coat of light purple with darker purple straight hair that had both a violet and magenta stripe down the middle, violet eyes and a cutie mark of a single magenta sparkling star surrounded by some smaller white stars.

They happily watched a little black alicorn filly, with purple hair, turquoise dragon eyes and a cutie mark of a blue shield, play with two purple baby dragons, an owl, a phoenix chick and a wolf cub. Much had occurred to get this much into the family, from the filly being discovered in the Everfree a year after the wedding fiasco, to reuniting with the stallion in Canterlot near the end of that summer, and later gaining the wolf and then the dragon back in Ponyville. There had been much to these happenings, but it all was worth it in the end.

The stallion sighed. "Nothing like a quiet relaxing day at the park, Twilight."

"You said it Ben." The mare, Twilight Sparkle, replied.

Ben Mare, the stallion, took a bite out of his daffodil sandwich. He had been through much, a mini-were had transformed him into a creature known as the Demon Pony when he was a colt, and it took a zebra, Twilight and her friends to restore him. Prior to his restoration, Twilight had witnessed a dark cult attempt to resurrect the heartless Nightmare Moon. Fortunately, the spell was interrupted by Princess Celestia, but when Twilight returned to the clearing where the spell had been cast, the spell had produced a product. Nyx, the little black filly that was now playing in front of them, had been through a lot. Once teething problems had been resolved, she was now friendly. It was only in the months that followed Ben's arrival in Ponyville that saw him and Nyx gaining pets, Ben took in Koga, the wolf cub, from Fluttershy and Nyx got Phobos, the purple moon dragon, for her birthday from the same yellow pegasus.

The other purple dragon was Spike, one that Twilight had hatched magically to enroll into Celestia's school for gifted unicorns, one who had been the unicorn's faithful assistant for almost always. He'd take a break once in a while from playing so he could help out on Ben and Twilight's picnic. He'd dispose of scraps on the plates, or get wrapped up in a conversation. After a few minutes, he would go back to Nyx and the others. Peewee, the Phoenix chick, was one of his concerns while playing, but Owlowiscious, the owl, kept a close eye on the three whenever Spike took a break.

After about an hour and a half in the park, Twilight's family was walking home. It had been a peaceful afternoon, nopony had interrupted them, nor was there any danger to ruin their perfect day. The group had run into their friends on their way back, and were having a pleasant conversation.

"Strangely, I thought those changelings might take advantage of you supposed departure." Fluttershy noted. "I'm glad things worked out."

"By the way, Granny Smith appreciated your work on the farm, Ben" Applejack added.

"It's all for the best, my friends." Ben replied

Twilight nodded. "I really didn't want..."

Their ears picked up screams of terrified ponies, and they turned to the source. Down a north-south street, a large group of ponies was in a panic as they stampeded down the street. When Twilight saw what they were running away from she gasped, freezing in shock.

Barreling towards the group was a lupus major, a constellation wolf with a star speckled body. It was smaller than an Ursa Minor, but was more vicious.

Nyx was about to ask in outburst how the hey that thing could get out of the Everfree, since Celestia's magic was keeping the Everfree monsters at bay. but as she opened her mouth, Twilight stepped out front.

"Leave this to me!"

Twilight had already faced an ursa, and would have tackled a lupus if Nyx hadn't teleported her out, so she would be able to take on, from the sound of it, the constellation wolf that she could have tackled about a year ago.

Twilight gritted her teeth as the lupus got close enough to pounce, and the constellation wolf threw itself into the air in a grand, arcing lunge. It was baring its fangs, and its claws were extended, ready to grab hold of Twilight and tear into her flesh. Twilight was just about to unleash her spell when a blast of green magic knocked the lupus several feet back down the street.

Twilight opened her eyes and joined the group in a gasp. Standing between her and the lupus was an alicorn that was tall and slender and wearing a super suit. It was similar to a normal Mare-Do-Well suit, but the cape, mask, hat band and boots were yellow instead of deep blue or blue-gray. Those who partially see the front of the mask found that the eyeholes were purple instead of light blue. If only they could see that the "M" on the chest was replaced by a cross with a yellow diamond shape at each end.

The pony was not alone. It was accompanied by not one, but six alicorn Mare-Do-Wells, similar in size to a normal pony. All were dressed in the appropriate suits of purple and blue-gray, with light blue eyeholes in the masks. They stood strong and firm against the beast who was now picking itself up from the blow.

Twilight and the others stood in awe at sight before them.

"Clearly you haven't the faintest idea of what you are getting yourself into!" The tall pony said, her voice somehow very familiar.

The lupus attempted to make another charge, but was attacked by the smaller Mare-Do-Wells. Three of them were sending bolts of lighting either near the creature's feet, or toward his back, shocking it, and the other three throwing themselves into the creature's head, gut or neck. They were fighting in such a way, it thankfully didn't make Nyx jealous, even though it look like it.

"You see, foul beast," The tall pony announced. "'with The Faust all things are possible.' -Faust Gift 19:26."

The group behind her gasped as she prepared her final blow. Her horn glowed a brilliant green, the smaller Mare-Do-Wells cleared away and, with a flick of her head, the alicorn sent the lupus flying through the air, clear of Ponyville, and crashing into the distant Everfree Forrest.

Twilight's group shook their heads to snap them out of their trance like gaze. They turned their attention to the group of super ponies that were walking towards them. The suited up group walked up to the ponies, who were unsure of what to say.

"Is everypony all right?" The tall pony asked.

"Y-yes." Twilight replied, surprised that the pony before her was taking to them. "T-thank you, uh..."

"Biblemare."

Twilight blinked. "I thought that quote sounded familiar."

"Read your bible at some time? Good." Biblemare said.

Before Twilight and the other could utter anything, the super suited group spread their wings and took flight, headed south. Twilight turned towards the others.

"Was that who I think it was?" Rainbow Dash asked suspiciously.

"Her voice did sound familiar." Twilight pointed out.

Fluttershy spoke up. "Do you think..."

"Come on!" Twilight ordered.

The other decided not to question the unicorn and they followed her south, while Peewee and Owlowiscious flew home.


The Everfree Forrest, south of Ponyville it is said to have danger in a few places. Aside from the creatures that haunted the place, there were locations that were tricky, and, as Rainbow Dash herself said, the clouds move on their own.

It proved a good temporary hideaway for a particular group of ponies who had seen an eventful late-morning in the town north of the forest. They where gathered up in an area where the trees and bushes formed a ring, giving a clear field of grass. Any pony looking up from the center would be able to see the sky through a circle in the trees.

Little known to them that this was the clearing where a certain filly had been created.

Their horns glowed green, and their magic enveloped their heads and necks. The hats and masks charred away into dark gray necks, horns and heads, blue-grey and emerald green eyes, and night blue and dark gray hair. The rest of their suits were still on, but their appearance was very clear.

This wasn't a group of ponies, but a group of changelings.

"Good work, my subjects!" Queen Chrysalis praised. "We have done well on our first day!"

"It was an honor, my queen." General Cocoon, one of the Mare-Do-Wells, commented.

"This new life is much better than following that fillyhood dream. It's only a matter of time until..."

"Whatever you do, we will stop!" A voice the queen heard earlier that morning shouted.

Turning to the source, the queen and her group gasped, not expecting any company. There, at the entrance to the clearing, stood a familiar purple unicorn and her friends. Two of the ponies they didn't recognize, one was a brown earth pony stallion, with spiky brown hair, green eyes, a red collar with a bow tie and a cutie mark of three golden triangles, the other was a little black alicorn filly, with purple hair, turquoise dragon eyes and a cutie mark of a blue shield.

Aside from that, she had never seen another dragon or a wolf cub with them before. They all, however, shared their friends' expressions and intentions.

"Don't even try anything." Rainbow Dash added. "Mind you, I can fly to Canterlot and inform the royal guard and the princesses of you presence."

The queen knew she could easily take them group on group, but she never intended such an action in their first day. She took a deep breath and stepped between her group and the ponies.

"No need for any fear, friends." she said.

"No need?" Rainbow Dash was surprised.

"Friends?" Twilight was confused.

Knowing that the ponies had given her a chance to speak, Chrysalis began her story. She held nothing back, telling them of finding the Bible, the scouts that went to the Carousel Boutique and a few bookstores and her reading to her subjects.

All the while, the ponies listened intently, holding on to every word. Their faces went though expressions like confusion, shock, smirk, amazement and sorry. The didn't say a word, waiting until Chrysalis was done before trying to say something.

At first, however, no pony dared to speak. Their minds were having some difficulty to trying to process what had been transpired. The only pony that was brave enough to step forward and speak was Nyx.

"It kinda sounds like what I've been through." The little black filly commented. "So..." She lifted a hoof out to the changeling queen. "peace?"

Chrysalis did know what to make out of this. A part of her was concerned that they were playing some game to lure them into a trap. The other half was fluttering with happiness, saying that they were accepting her trust.

"You know," Fluttershy said, finding the courage to step forward. "she might be on to something wonderful."

Giving in to the side that told her of their acceptance, Chrysalis carefully lifted a hoof out and shook Nyx's hoof, the both of them exchanging kind, shy smiles.

Realizing that the group before them could be trusted, Twilight and the others let their guard down, their stance deflating slightly and their faces lightening to weak but assuring smiles.

"That's... amazing! I-I never... never thought... such a thing would... would happen." Twilight stuttered out, overwhelmed by how touching the moment was.

Her belief was coming true. Nyx became a better pony, and so did the creatures that stood before her.


Night Stone Castle, located in the gem quarries just east of Ponyville, had been speculated by the ponies of Ponyville and Canterlot about what to do with the place now that it's original purpose was though with. Now, it had been put to good use. The princess had culminated into the decision of turning the palace into a place with two purposes instated of one. Most of the castle had been turned into a museum dedicated to the life of Nyx, the soul that used to live in the palace when she was a nightmare . The rest was used as a summer house for the royal sisters, Princess Cadance and Nyx's family.

Today, however, it wasn't being used just for those purposes. Two particular groups were facing each other while inhabiting the castle's throne room which had it's stained glass windows reworked to have images like the monster attack on Ponyville and the Devil's Red Sun battle in Canterlot. The ceiling had also been reworked, with gemstones in different colors to represent the Elements of Harmony and their bearers. The room was completely devoid of anypony else, they were the only inhabitants at the moment.

"Just how are we gonna convince the princesses that they are no longer a threat?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"We were hoping to rescue her from something but we have no idea when." General Cocoon explained.

A familiar purple hoof was raised and the groups allowed Twilight to speak up.

"I think I know when this idea will work. I've heard from the weather team that an uncontrollable hurricane is headed for Canterlot as we speak. It will strike in the late afternoon."

"Oh dear!" Rarity stated. "I don't know if those sophisticated ponies will panic and try to shelter in all the clutter."

Chrysalis stood up.

"That's for you to worry about, leave the princesses to us."


The city of Canterlot could be described as a shining city on a hill or a heaven on earth but it would always be the capital of Equestria. The spires of the castle towered high above the city and the street would always be bustling with sophisticated ponies. The city was always regarded as a high class city.

The royal family, of course, lived here and were, at the moment, taking a stroll down one of the many streets. The tallest was a white alicorn, with pink eyes, a gold tiara light purple diamond, a thick gold necklace also with a light purple diamond, elegant gold shoes, a sun cutie-mark and a multi-hue flowing mane. The next in size, by a bit, was a blue alicorn, with turquoise eyes, a black tiara, a thick black necklace with a crescent moon, elegant silver shoes, a crescent moon cutie mark and a night-blue star-speckled flowing mane. Another was a white unicorn with blue hair in both dark and light shades, wearing purple and gold armor. They were returning from hospital after a long night of unexpectedness. The white alicorn's niece, a pink alicorn with yellow, purple and magenta hair, a crystal heart cutie mark, purple-punk eyes and a gold tiara necklace and shoes, had a foal, a pink unicorn with the white unicorn's blue hair and pink eyes, and was relieved that all the labor was over-with.

"She's beautiful, Cadence"

"Like a crystal necklace, Shining Armor." The pink alicorn, Princess Cadence, smiled.

"A proud start to a new family, if I say so myself. Right Luna."

"Yes, sister Celestia." The blue alicorn, Princess Luna, agreed.

The family was so happy that they almost didn't hear the screams of ponies panicking through the streets. They looked up and gasped, taking an assessment of the situation. Whirling gray clouds swirled above the city, heavy rain way pelting down like the swarm at the wedding over two years ago and a few natural tornados were visible while the rest were scattered all over the city.

Flooding was rare, but there was not doubt about what had just rolled in. This was a hurricane!

The royal pegasus guard was flying through the streets, diverting ponies to safety in hurricane shelters or, for some, the castle. The princesses were on their own.

The alicorns huddled close together, keeping the filly underneath them, while Shining Armor, the white unicorn that was about the same size as Cadence, called on his magic. He managed to produce a transparent purple shield around them, similar to the one he tried at the wedding but smaller, but that was effective until a bolt of lightning fizzled it out and knocked them all back a few feet.

They trembled a bit as the cold weather hit them. They were now unsure that they, alongside the foal, would ever live through the hurricane. Only a miracle could save them now.

Just as they felt fit to accept their fate, the cold suddenly vanished, the rain stopped pelting on them, and the wind was no longer blowing around them. The group looked up and gasped at what stood before them.

An alicorn that was tall and slender and wearing a purple and yellow super suit, was standing in front of them, producing a green shield and facing the storm. The pony magically guided them to the eye of the hurricane, where the sun poked through a large empty circle in middle of the storm. She was in there for a few minutes before her horn glowed even brighter. With a flash, she and the others were off the city streets and in an elegant room the had doors at one end and a regal seat at the other.

She had successfully teleported them to the throne room of Canterlot castle.

Finding themselves safe, the alicorns and unicorn began to part, spacing some distance between each other, while also placing some space between them and the purple and yellow clothed alicorn that had saved them. The five members of the royal family stared at their hero who watched the throne room doors as if waiting for something or somepony. Their minds were spinning at a million miles an hour, they were unsure of what to think of this newcomer.

About ten minutes later, the doors swung open, and eight familiar ponies walked in, accompanied by six purple and deep blue or blue-gray clothed ponies. Princess Celestia, the white alicorn, could recognize Twilight Sparkle and her friends and family, but had no idea of who the six new ponies were. Their suits were full purple, complete with a mask, hat, cape and a full body suit with boots. The cape, mask, hat band and boots were deep blue, where as the alicorn's suit had yellow where the blue gray was. The eyeholes in the smaller masks were light blue while the alicorn's mask had purple eyeholes. Each smaller pony had an "M" on it's chest, but when the tall pony turned to face the royal family they could see a cross with a yellow diamond shape at each end on her chest.

"All of the city 's residents have successfully made it into either their homes or in hurricane shelter." One of the small clothed ponies reported.

"The royal guard have assisted us well and have galloped or flown to safety." Twilight added.

"Good work!" Celestia and the tall clothed pony praised in unison, which caused them to stare at each other in amazement.

It was Cadence that broke the awkward silence.

"Where have I heard that voice before?"

The tall pony turned nervously to Twilight. "Should we..."

Twilight took a breath and nodded.

The tall pony sighed "Faust Remembers was right, 'Speak the truth to each other.'"

The royal family's mouths were agape, a gasp escaped each throat as the clothed ponies revealed themselves. They were now looking at familiar dark gray necks, horns and heads, blue-grey and emerald green eyes, and night blue and dark gray hair.

Shining Armor was about to open his mouth, but Chrysalis cut him off. "Let me explain."

The royal family lowered their stances to sitting positions, and Chrysalis began. As before, She held nothing back, telling them of finding the Bible, the scouts that went to the Carousel Boutique and a few bookstores and her reading to her subjects.

It soon started to be clear, a miracle had happen. The kind that they would least suspect had found their heavenly mother and were ones that saved them, but they didn't know what to make out of it.

Luna began to crack a smile, tears began to form in her eyes. She felt brave enough to step forward toward the changelings.

"So..." She spoke slowly. "you know of... our mother?"

The changeling queen nodded.

What happened next was amazing. Luna's hooves and wings reached out and drew Chrysalis into an embrace, her hooves and wings wrapped around the changeling queen's neck much to everypony's amazement. Touched physically and spiritually, Chrysalis smiled and wrapped her boot clad hooves around Luna's neck, tears of joy starting to stream for her eyes.

The spectators of this hug were astonished. Celestia and her group ended up shedding a tear, the white alicorn smiling at the touching scene before her. Twilight and the others were smiling too, taking in the heart-touching moment that stood before them. Tears of joy were also streaming for their eyes, the moment they all were waiting for had come to pass.

Chrysalis was an ally at last.


Celestia gazed into the night that her sister had brought, from a balcony that sprouted from her bed chamber. The day had been long but amazing. She had witnessed a reformation like none that she'd seen before.

Whoever would have thought that the threat of the wedding two years ago would have found the bible, start a quest for redemption and become a superhero. It was almost unheard of, almost unbelievable, but it was, and had been, possible. In her eyes, she had seen her sister accepting a new friend, and could see that the creatures before her were not monsters anymore.

A smile cracked on her face and a tear fell from her eye.

She turned back into her private chambers and headed toward her bed. It was an circular shape with a purple mattress inside a gold frame. A gold colored blanket was present and so were two gold pillows and one purple one with a gold Phoenix outline on the front.

She lay down on it, as she had done so for over a thousand years. She placed her forehooves together and bowed her head.

"Mother, thank you for always being a guiding light all this time, though both times we've overthrown Sombra, sealing Discord twice, from when I thought I lost my sister and son to their restoration, dealing with a threat to the wedding a few years ago, watching over Twilight's daughter all this time and what has happened recently. One of your lost children has been baptized through your word and I thank you for that. I ask that you keep watch over her as she continues her quest for acceptance as a friend to all. I also thank you for my niece and her husband's admiting their former wedding crasher's reformation. It was hard but she apologized to them which they accepted thankfully. So, again, thank you. In your name I pray, Amen."

With that, Celestia shifted to a sleeping position while using her magic to turn on a record player. She had soon drifted off to sleep, listening to a tune from the Newscolts...

In Ponyville, in the library, a certain purple unicorn's family had fallen asleep listening to the same tune.

Author's Note:

An editor would be appreciated.

Comments ( 7 )

Now I've seen everything.

:rainbowhuh: Well, that was different. :D

I saw the title. I didn't think it was possible, but you proved me wrong. Awesome X3.

Bibleman series were fine, if the acting was a bit better I would have enjoyed it more. That and Angel Wars.

Now...who'd take the dare of a Mlp and Veggietales crossover..... XD :trixieshiftright:

This... This might have been interesting. Shame it never continued.

Login or register to comment