• Published 20th Feb 2018
  • 3,822 Views, 350 Comments

The Great and Powerful Centaur - Viper Pit



About thirty years ago a human found herself in Equestria. Eventually she meets a low ranking noble and made a deal with him, she became his wife and eventually gave birth to a centaur Trixie. This is Trixie's story

  • ...
13
 350
 3,822

The Lord of the Parasprites part 2

Bzz,

Dear Lord in Heaven,

Bzzz

It is your faithful follower, Trixie Lulamoon, again. Sorry to impose you, great holy one.

Bzzzz

But I require your divine intervention to Smit... I mean, send away a certain swarm of Abomi... Ahem, a certain group of insects.

Bzz, Bzz

I know you and Mother have taught me that every living creature deserves to co-exist in the world I live in (with the exception of revolting sinners and demons) but...

Bzzzz, Bzzz, Bzzzzzzz

THESE FREAKIN' CREEPY BUZZING BUG ABOMINATIONS DESERVE TO DIE A SLOW AND EXTREMELY PAINFUL DEATH AND BE SENT TO HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY FOR DISTURBING MY SLUMBER!

"Getting to SLEEP with these things buzzing around is impossible," I growled as I try in vain to cover my ears by placing my pillow on top of my head from this hellish buzzing caused by the now thousands of these disgusting and absolutely creepy things. "HOW IS TRIXIE SUPPOSED TO SLEEP IN THESE CONDITIONS!?" I screamed in frustration and sleepy grumpiness as I mercilessly swat at one of them but it dodged my hand and looked at me with that gullible smile that makes me think that it was being smug with me.

Bzzz

"Consarnit, Trixie! Keep, it down or Y'all wake granny smith up." I hear Applejack yell back. I scoff at the hypocritical mare. She's closer to the old mare then I am and she's the one telling me to be quiet.

Bzzzzz, Bzzz

"I WOULD BE IF THESES PEST WEREN'T EVERYWHERE!" I shouted back with more vigor and noise that I think my shout could be heard throughout Ponyville. I expected an appalled reply from the orange farmer almost immediately after I finished my rant but instead, I heard the front door open followed by the barn door opening with all of the spawns of Satan flying out of the barn like a bat out of hell.

"What in tarnation?!" I hear Applejack say as the swarm clears out, and when they do I see her on the ground in a moo-moo with some what I think is anti-aging cream on her face. "Where did they all come from?" Applejack asked as she dusted herself off.

"They ate a couple barrels of apples and I put a spell around the rest of them so they wouldn't get eaten," I state flatly as I get myself up. Fun fact I do not like sleeping on hay. What? It makes me itchy.

"Well thank ya I guess, but that doesn't explain why there were so many of em in the first place." Applejack then went over to a barrel that was filled with water and washed her face. "You tell anypony about this and yer keister is out a here ya understand, Sugarcube?" Her tone was serious as the situation, but I saw other problems forming being the Apple-centric mare.

"Yeah yeah as long as you have a place after this is overlook." I point to the now apple free apple trees that the pest are currently devouring. And just like that Applejack is out of her moo-moo and out to save what tree's she can. I, of course, follow to help after I quickly take my medicine. Seeing as I don't know the current time I thought it was better safe than sorry, and I really don't feel like going to the hospital at this time of night because I overdid it trying to help a friend....or landlord at the least.

I began casting a small bug repellent spell on some of a few untouched trees to try and limit the damage these things are causing while Applejack is catching them in a giant butterfly net that she apparently got as a gag gift from Rainbow Dash. It took us hours to stop the spread of these things and save what apples that we can see, and by the end, Applejack and I are drained and completely frustrated. Out of Forty-Five Hundred trees, we only save about an exact number of ninety-nine Red Delicious apples... and a few hundred of other apples with other names.

On the bright side, I figured out these freaks eat fruits, vegetables, sweets, and loaves of bread but they never even took samples of grass, flowers, leaves, roots, dirt, or... thank god for this one, the meat of any living creature. Because if they have an appetite for that last one, I would have grabbed whatever stuff I could carry and jolted out of this town like lightning on a storm cloud.

Oh, thanks a lot, AJ. Now I'm doing that weird farm folk phrasing thing as well.

"Thanks for yer help, Trixie. I owe ya one big time for this." Applejack said as we watched the sun come up from the spot we collapsed on for a well-deserved rest. We sat there for maybe half an hour to an hour until I realized something.

"Hey Applejack," I called her out.

"Yeah, Trixie?"

"Didn't the rest of your friends have those things as well?" I can see the gears turning in her head for a moment before the light turns on.

"Yeah, yeah they did." She sighs before standing up. "Do what you want as far as Ah'm concerned yer good in my books for helpin' me out back there, but Ah need to go help them deal with these varmints before they cause any number of problems." Applejack then gets up and goes back to the barn.

"Going to get your hat?" I ask as I got up as well. I wince as I feel a headache coming on. I guess I used more magic then I thought. Good thing I took my pills.

"You know it, Trixie."With that, she goes to fetch her hat then head into town and I decided to refresh a couple of the spells which is not helping my headache and worse I can taste blood in my mouth. I know I need to rest but this is a possible emergency damn it.

I eventually make it to the barn after refreshing the anti-bug spell on most of the tree's, and I can really feel the exhaustion weigh on me. Blood drips slightly from my mouth but I wipe it away, grabbing a bundle of clean cloth. I change out of my nightgown and head to the main house where I see Applebloom and Big Mac eating some cereal and Granny Smith is still sleeping.

"Wow, Trixie you look quite awful," Applebloom says pausing to take another. "Didn't you sleep at all last night?"

"No sadly, I didn't and I still need to get ready for work at the Library," I reply as I grab an orange and start eating it. Both Applebloom and Big Mac look at me funny "What?"

Wait, is it weird or really rude to eat an orange in front of apple farmers? Wait, what am I thinking? Gah, stupid drowsy random thoughts!

"Ah, don't think you should be workin' today."

"Eeyup." Big Mac agreed.

"Oh, I thought it was something else." I softly muttered while quietly chewing on my orange.

"Pardon?" Applejack asked.

"Uh, it's nothing. Look, I can see that you guys are worried for me and I appreciate that. I really do but I really can't afford to miss my second day on the job." I explained Big Mac seemed to understand but still looked worried and Applebloom just looked sad.

"But what if yer sick or somethin'." Applebloom pulled out her ultimate weapon the puppy dog eyes, and its almost enough to stop me but I do need the money and if its a slow day at the library then I can sleep there.

"I'm sorry Applebloom but I really do need to get to work and besides isn't school about to start?" I say getting her eyes to somehow gotten bigger before she gulps down her cereal and gives everyone a hug and saying love you before leaving. I finish my orange before throwing the peel in the trash.

"She's right ya know." I hear Big Mac responded as I turn around to leave. "Ya shouldn't push your self so hard." I soon feel his hoof on my waist.

Without looking I reply "I know but..."

"No buts other then yer's gettin' into bed. Don't think Ah didn't see the blood comin' from yer mouth while you were eatin'." I look him in the eye for a second before sighing. "You can even use my bed if that's you want."

"Alright you wing but your telling Twilight why I didn't come in today." I rub my eyes. "And What would Granny Smith say if she were to catch me in your bed?" I teased a little.

"She won't. It's her day in the market so if anything were to happen Granny wouldn't find out." He then waggles his eyes a little.

I'll admit it got a chuckle out of me. I head upstairs but just before I reach the top I turn around and say. "You will make a herd very happy one day you know that?"

"Ah know now go get some rest I'll go talk with Twilight and tell her you're not feeling well." I give Big Mac a nod and I head to his room.

His Room is very plain, to say the least. Other then the Apple-themed wallpaper the biggest thing that stands out is some hooks in the wall that I assume are for him to hang his yolk on. I look under the bed and in the closest to see if there are any dirty magazines and to my surprise, on the top shelf of the closet there is one and the only way you would be able to get it is if you were as tall as me and Big Mac.

"Oh, I'm so teasing him over this since he loves unicorns so much," I say to myself before I lay down on the bed and before I know it sleeps claims me.