• Published 20th Feb 2018
  • 3,820 Views, 350 Comments

The Great and Powerful Centaur - Viper Pit



About thirty years ago a human found herself in Equestria. Eventually she meets a low ranking noble and made a deal with him, she became his wife and eventually gave birth to a centaur Trixie. This is Trixie's story

  • ...
13
 350
 3,820

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy,

It's your favorite daughter Trixie. I know I promised I would write to you immediately after my first show and tell you about it but some pranksters decided to take my wagon wheels and I now have to do weekly shows to pay for new wheels. The turn out is okay and everypony loved the performance that we've practiced for years but I'm not gonna lie the tips could have been better.

Yes yes, I know you well enough and that you want to send me the bits to pay for replacement wheels but I want to do this on my own. Like how you got the Jackpot hotel on your own, through hard work and determination.

Hows mom doing I know she's a worry wort but I discovered something in my travels I discovered another human. His name is Jake and he seems like a nice boy if a little gullible but I thought mom would like to know that she's not the only one of her kind. His herd seems nice and I have become friends with a couple of the mares as well. Rainbow Dash is a little bit arrogant, but she does have the skill to back up her boasting. Rainbow is also incredibly loyal she helped me out when I feeling a little sick.

Jake's mom, Lyra, was a bit of an oddball when I first met her but she seems nice and you might wanna tell mom this she is apparently on the verge of a discovery on how Jake got here as well. She is in an orchestra that plays at... get this... at the Grand Galloping Galla!

Yes, you heard me right, THE Grand Galloping Gala. You said it comes around almost once a year and all of the high-class socialites from all over Equestria gather to Canterlot Castle to talk to the one and only Princess Celestia. I heard that Princess Luna, Princess Celestia's long-lost sister, attended this year's gala from the rumors I heard during my travels.

I really wanted to see the princess of the moon and dreams with my own two eyes. She must be really beautiful and shine like the moon and stars she brings forth during the night.

Oops, I got a little side track just now. Pardon me. As I was saying, Lyra offered me to be her plus one partner for next year's gala but I turned it down as I didn't want to be that guy... I mean, gal you know?

That plus one should be reserved for somepony special to her. Listen, she has... well, she had a wife but they got a divorce due to personal reasons that I don't want to tell as it would be rude and not my business to gossip about willy-nilly.

Anyway, Lyra also told me that she has a hobby, or what she calls her 'super secret part-time job', of being an anthropologist whatever that is. She said something about studying humans and their activities or something like that. I wasn't really listening carefully at the time.

I have told Lyra what I know about mom, which is surprisingly low as she sounded a little disappointed when I gave her my knowledge. Maybe because mom never really talks about herself before she came to Equestria. Why is that, maybe you can ask her why that is for me?

Oh there is also Mayor Mare, the elected leader of Ponyville and a nice mare to be around.

I know that mom will get a kick out of her name but I'm not really sure if it is her real one. I'll ask her if I ever have the chance to hang around.

Anyway, she and I had lunch recently. She has quite a sense of humor let tell you.

I told Jake that I was more like him at one point but due to being a spoiled brat I started Turning into a pony. Mayor Mare quickly caught on and added more to the story.

She apparently is Jake unofficial aunt. They became really close with each other during the .......well divorce as I mentioned earlier.

Anyway, I thought I would give you the letter that I promised to send you after my debut even if it was a little late then promised. Don't worry, I'll write to you more when you respond to this letter. My temporary address is at the back of the envelope.

But if you threw the envelope, just send your response letter at Sweet Apple Acres in Ponyville.

With lots and lots of love your Great and Powerful Centaur and number one daughter,

Trixie

Author's Note:

for those who don't know Trixie lied to her dad in the letter