• Published 20th Feb 2018
  • 3,821 Views, 350 Comments

The Great and Powerful Centaur - Viper Pit



About thirty years ago a human found herself in Equestria. Eventually she meets a low ranking noble and made a deal with him, she became his wife and eventually gave birth to a centaur Trixie. This is Trixie's story

  • ...
13
 350
 3,821

Meet the Fashionista

(A few days of testing from Doctor Feel Better.)

That was both agonizing and humiliating. Lots of tests in and around my breast, arms and most of my upper body with some fertility test for some reason. I need a show after those, but hey I can have foals of my own. Yeah me. I'm just glad that it's now over though not being able to eat dinner to finish up these test is a bit of a downer, though I have done enough through vomiting for a lifetime, I'm sure those Pegasi that visited yesterday can vouch for me there.

The big thing the Dr.Feel Better suspects that my smaller human organs are rejecting the magic that my bigger pony organs produce causing some sort of forced expulsion. I think that means like I got a permanent case of severe food poisoning, only instead of getting rid of a bad hayburger, I got rid of the magic-infused blood. Yeah with being at least part unicorn I have more ways of getting rid of magic other than vomiting blood, so that's a plus at least. The medicine I am currently taking seems to have a side effect of somewhat suppressing my human organs magic rejection properties so for the meantime I'm still taking my current medicine at least until a better medicine is developed.

Twilight, Spike, and the rest of their friends have visited me through this time. Sometimes they bring get well gift cards or in the case of Pinkie Pie a three layers red velvet cake. How she knew my favorite type of cake she probably messaged my mom and asked her. I have taken Twilight's offer to work at the library after a lot of thought, but what convinced me was when I heard that a local zebra was having trouble for the longest time just being able to buy supplies for her home and that it was Twilight who got the townsfolk to show that... Zecora... I think her name, was a nice pony. Where I'm staying at least until I can get a new wagon is a place called Sweet Apple Acres because it has the most room for me.

I have quite the road ahead of me but I will travel it and soon my name will be known far and wide. I will be the GRRRRRREASTEST SHOW MARE EQUESTRIA HAS EVER SEEN, or at least one of the more unique ones. I better get my rest I have a long day ahead of me when I get released.


Finally, it is time.

The day of my release couldn't have come soon enough. The "nutritious" hospital food had been bland, no hint of sweetness or saltiness on the food what so ever.

The strong scents of janitorial disinfectant and other hospital chemicals have lingered around my nose for these past few days that it made me nauseous and I can now remember it with precise accuracy for the rest of my mortal centaur life.

The beds were uncomfortable and not suitable for my centaur physique or any creatures with large and complicated anatomy structures. Even with the largest bed that they have available in the hospital, it was still quite small and had little space to move around when I fidget around during my slumber. The staff had to resort to merging two equal sized beds together which would have been fine but the middle gap kept widening even with the wheels were on tight brakes. Causing me to have faint heart attacks and almost falling down on the floor.

And the cherry on top of the misery cake, I've received information that I was... in their words, "slightly" underweight. I weigh about 800 pounds but I was apparently supposed to scale about another 200 pounds. The nerve of those indecent hospital staff, telling a lady like myself to put on some extra weight because of their "it would improve your health" malarkey speech. I mean I know that some health hazards would happen If I didn't put on the extra weight, the only examples being from the much more common Minotaur born centaur.

Anyway, I put on a white shirt that was salvaged from the remains of my wagon and made my way to the front reception desk. I have gotten better at walking with three legs though it's still a challenge at times with the aches and pains of my injured one. I made it work somehow.

"Are you finally ready to leave, Trixie?" The nurse behind the desk asked with a small smile on her face.

"You know it," I said, full of enthusiasm to depart this place. "Plus the sooner I can leave, the sooner I can earn enough bits to fix my wagon."

"Well, I'll give you the discharge paperwork to fill out so you can be on your way." With that, I received the discharge papers and start filling them out. It took a couple minutes to get through everything. By the time I was done, I noticed that Twilight and Spike had stopped by.I wonder why they are here?I thought to myself as I handed in the paperwork.

"Good Morning, Trixie. How are you doing?" Twilight asks with spike looking a little down in the dumps. He still might be feeling guilty about the giving those two colts the idea to go bring an Ursa Minor to town, but I have since forgiven him if only because my dad once taught me that holding that a grudge can destroy families.

"I'm just checking out now that I'm mostly better." To make my point I point to my cast, getting a flinch from the purple dragon. "So why are you here anyway?"

"Spike brought a very good point in that you don't know your way around Ponyville," Twilight says while moving the little guy forward.

"Oh! Ummm..." Spike stutters out. "Yeah since you only arrived in town two weeks ago and most of that time is in the hospital so I umm, thought we could show you around." I'm going to have to try and get him to calm down some otherwise it's going to be awkward working with him. The question is how to go about it, being nice is a good place to start as any.

"That's very nice of you, Spike." I give a small smile to try and calm him down. It didn't work as he looked away from me due to guilt. Feeling uncomfortable, I simply shrugged it off and asked Twilight a question. "So, where do we should head first?"

"Well, I thought we could go to Sugarcube Corner and get you something other than hospital food," Twilight said.

"Sugar...cube Corner," I questioned.

"Oh, you'll love it. They make the best pastries in all of Ponyville." She answered, confirming my assumptions that I indeed seen a bakery when I first made my way into town. "And my friend, Pinkie Pie lives and works there, so you know that my statement is true."

Twilight and Spike began to slowly walk down the street.

"Okay then, Twilight Sparkle," I said while following them. "Led me to this said "best pastries" establishment and see if your words are true to fact."

Spike was rather quiet and seems to be pacing a little faster than his friend. His finicky behavior must be due to his awkwardness towards me. I can't blame him for that as a part of me is still a little peeved on his first impression on my show and that night when the Ursa Minor attacked the town.

He kept on boasting about how Twilight is better in magic than anypony in Equestria and was considered unrivaled. He enunciated Twilight's feats of grandeur like they were his own. I wasn't trying to upstage or challenge anypony on magic, I just wanted them to recognize and appreciate me and my skills that I've been practicing for my entire life.

"Trixie..."

I just want Equestria and those who have mocked me to acknowledge that my life has "Great" and "Powerful" purpose and brings joy to all.

"Trixie..."

My mother would be so distraught if she heard what happened to me and the wagon. Oh no, that wagon was her's and she gave it to me as a gift... How can I face her no-

"Trixie!"

"What?" I asked, wondering why Twilight would yell my name so loud. I looked in front of me, only to see that Twilight and Spike wasn't there.

"Trixie, over here!" Twilight notified me. Her voice was coming from behind me. I turned my head. I saw that she and Spike were a couple of meters away from me and standing near a doorway of a building that is strangely resembled like a two-floor gingerbread house. Its roof was covered with chocolate brown icing and swirled with white frosting. There was a tower in the middle of the building, adding two more floors. They were stacked up to resemble like a cake or two cupcakes with its pink dome roofs, white frosting and three irregular size purple candles that had yellow lanterns that act as the flames.

This must be the "Sugarcube Corner" bakery that Twilight mentioned. My first thoughts on this are... oh my goodness. The exterior design of this building seems a bit excess with the whole cake and baked goods concept. I understand they wanted to attract customers but...

"Trixie!" Twilight shouted once again, waving her right hoof in the air to signal her presence, even though I already notice her. Maybe I shouldn't keep her waiting.

I carefully walked towards the duo, making sure my injured legs isn't used too much. Twilight had a concern expression on her face and Spike hid behind her.

I finally reached them. "I tried to call you a couple of time but you seemed to be entranced in your thoughts." She informed, worried about me. "Is something wrong, Trixie?"

"No, not really I guess I'm still recovering from the test the doctors did." It's not a lie, just not the whole truth, I really am still getting over the test the doctors did.

"If you say so," Twilight says not entirely convinced but doesn't push it. "So what are you gonna get guys?" She asked while we prepare to have our order taken by the blue mare with a pink mane that looks like a swirl pink cupcake frosting behind the counter smiling.

"I'll have a sapphire cupcake with extra sapphire," Spike says licking his lips.

"I guess I'll just have a strawberry jelly doughnut." I requested. Twilight gets our orders and she gets her self a bear claw, which made me feel a bit unnerved for some reason. We decided to take our order is to go since their friend was out on deliveries.

"Too bad we didn't see Pinkie Pie." Spike surprisingly said. "I'm sure she would have helped you get some of your energy back." He finishes his gem covered cupcake.

"I have to agree with you, Spike. I could use a little pep in my step," I said as I take another bite out of my doughnut spilling some jelly on my shirt. "Ah man! I just got this shirt."

"Trixie, what happened?" I hear Twilight's worried voice asked.

"Oh, it's nothing. I just got a little jelly on my shirt," I explain as I try and clean the jelly off. "It's gonna stain though."

"Well lucky for you we are heading to Carousel boutique next I'm sure Rarity will be happy to help." Twilight then leans closer to me and whispers. "Plus I think it would help Spike relax a little." I have tried to hold back the laughter with all my might as Twilight wiggled her eyebrows as she whispered that to me.

"What's so funny guys?" However, Spike noticed this and asked as he liked his claws.

"Oh, nothing much. Trixie just needs some clothes so we are going over to Rarity's for a bit." Twilight explains as she puts Spike on her back.

"Well if that's the case then let's get going." He happily said. I swear I thought I saw red hearts popping out of his eye but decided to not say anything and just follow them to the best of my ability. The rest of the trip to the boutique was peaceful mostly because Spike stopped flinching when I looked his way, maybe because from what Twilight has hinted at he has a crush on rarity and seeing her always makes him happy. We arrive at what looks like a circus tent only instead of red and white strips it has purple and light pink strips.

We make our way inside the sound of a bell letting Sarity know of our arrival. "Welcome to Carousel Boutique where everything is... Oh hello, Twilight, Spike... and Trixie." She said my name with enthusiasm as she as truly glad to see me. "It's good to see you out of the hospital, Darling." The white mare greeted us with a gentle smile.

"Hello, Rarity," Spike says as he hops off Twilights back and rushes straight to Rarity. "We are showing Trixie around town when she accidentally got some jelly on her shirt." The look on Rarity's face and the horrified gasp she let out of her mouth after she noticed the jelly stain was terrifying. I never saw her coming as she lunged at me with such great speed that I thought I saw a white blur charging towards me. She could not get my shirt off fast enough.

I instinctively covered my chest with my arms as soon as my shirt was removed fully. Mom always told me to never expose my human half's bare skin and breast to anyone, especially towards bipedal creatures. She also mentioned to me that they think of impure thoughts the longer they stare at my human torso. She taught me to wrap my breast with a roll of bandages really tight and secure enough that it won't fall off easily.

Too bad I forgot to do that during my time in the hospital.

I looked around the room to inspect everyone's reactions. Twilight and Rarity seemed to be unfazed about by human torso and occupied with my shirt. However, Spike gawked at my embarrassing state and bare torso.

Okay, I feel a little violated, with the way he is staring at me. His eyes bulging like dinner plates and face flushed with red. He made a poor attempt to cover his face with his tiny purple claws but he left his right eye uncovered and it was looking at my chest.

I turned away from the little dragon's gaze and towards the two unicorns, who were discussing over my shirt and something about new designs.

"Ummm... Excuse me, Twilight, Rarity?" I called them out. They noticed as they avert their attention to me. "Can I have my shirt back?"

"Oh, I simply refuse to do that, Darling." Rarity gasped, shocked and horrified by my request. Twilight and Spike remained silent as if she was nervous to get in on our conversation. "This piece of fine fabric has been violated with cuts and stains apart from the jelly. Trixie darling, what were you doing with this shirt?" She asked with such seriousness as if she was waiting for my answer to judge me.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I approached closer to the two unicorns and looked at my shirt. "It looks fine to me... well, apart from the jelly stain that I just got."

I guess I said something wrong as Rarity let out another gasp but this time it was loud enough echo throughout the boutique's room. Twilight backed away slowly while Spike cowered behind her.

"Darling, this shirt is anything but fine." She said, using her magic to levitate my shirt right in front of my face. "There are other visible stains everywhere, there's a hole under here." She pointed her left hoof at my shirt's right armpit sleeve. "And it appears that you have worn this for over a year."

"That's because I did wear it for a year," I responded. She gasped once again and...

Wait for what?! Rarity just grabbed a couch out of nowhere and fainted in an overdramatically manner. I looked at Twilight with a confused expression. In return, she shrugged as if Rarity's behavior was a common thing she encountered.

"Oh dear, this isn't good." Rarity moaned. "How can you be so careless with your attire, Miss Trixie?"

"What do you mean?" I asked that question again as if I'm going to say this a lot to her. "I properly wash my clothes and check for any wears and tears every we- Hey!" My explanation was interrupted by a measuring tape wrapping my human belly.

I see that the tape was shrouded in magic it must be Rarity's as it was pristine white. It would appear that she is wearing glasses and has a notepad and pencil floating beside her.

Twilight and Spike smirked at my predicament. This isn't funny what so ever.

"This simply won't do, Trixie." Rarity told me. Her pencil was scribbling on the notepad with such speed as the white unicorn continued to take my measurements.

"I'm going to design you some new shirts for you to wear. And I assure you that these ones would be exponentially more exquisite than the ones you currently possess."

"Oh, you don't have to do that, Rarity." I politely refused her offer once again. I really don't want her to work so hard on me. "You shouldn't

"No, Darling. I insist." Rarity reassured me. "I want to help you with whatever I have possessed considering you sacrificed your own safety to ensure that the ponies in town escape from the Ursa Major's rampage."

"First, it was an Ursa Minor. I didn't do much other than become its plaything." I corrected her with a frown, feeling guilty as I had a part on that event in the first place and couldn't do anything to prevent it. "And some of them were injured. They're still in the hospital."

I lowered my arms from my chest, I don't care about my decency anymore. "I didn't help anypony at all. As soon as I came to this town, everything went horribly wrong. My lie about me defeating the Ursa Major convinced a bunch of foals to awaken its younger offspring, expecting that I can vanquish it with lousy party tricks that I call "magic". I am nothing but bad luck and a failure."

The room went uncomfortably silent after I was done talking. Oh great, I had to go and open my big mouth. Now I made everyone guilty. Great. Just great.

"Trixie..." Twilight said my name but couldn't utter another word, disheartened by my little outburst. Spike looked away from me and his friends. I can't read Rarity's expression but I'm pretty sure it would be sad...

Wait, nope. She's scowling at me. "Trixie..." She said, her tone of voice had no hint of anger but rather it was sympathy. It was strangely similar to my mom's. "I know you feel like you could have done more to help out during the incident but you shouldn't call yourself a failure and have bad luck for that."

I tried to correct her but suddenly pencil floated near my lips, pressing closely to each other.

"Ponyville is near the Everfree Forest. Anypony would have been misfortunate enough to attract a giant beast from that area and bring them to town. Especially if it was Snips and Snails." The two unicorns and little dragon out a little chuckle when they mentioned those two mischievous colts. "Trixie, please don't discourage yourself. You tried your best and nopony got seriously harmed, only a few scratch and bruises. That's all that matters."

I wanted to oppose but what would be the point then? That speech was so encouraging that it halted my depressing thoughts and replaced it with soothing ones.

"I guess you're right," I told Rarity. She and her friends smiled and sighed with relief. "But do I deserve your generosity of designing new shirts? I have nothing to pay you with but as soon as I get a job, I'll-"

I was cut off once again with Rarity's pencil. "Darling, like I told you, I insist you accept my assistance with your shirts. As a friend, I want to provide you the best attire that my sophisticated skills can offer."

"You think of me as your friend."

"Why of course, Darling."

"Yes, we see you as one of our own, Trixie." Twilight finally said something.

I turned my sights on Spike... Ahhh! I covered my chest as I realized that my naked torso wasn't concealed with anything and I let down my arms after becoming a downer. The little pervert returned to his blushing state.

"Spike, look away!" I demanded the little purple dragon, who immediately obeyed it.

"Trixie, why?" Twilight asked me, worried and confused on why I ordered that.

"Is something the-" Rarity was going to ask a question but I interrupted her.

"Just please finish my measurements and give me my shirt."

"RIght away. I just need to measure those two swollen bulges on your chest"

"Okay, fine," I said. "But hurry up. I'm getting a little cold up here."

Author's Note:

the next chapter might be a little late ignore if it is on time but it might be so just a heads up in case it is