• Published 20th Feb 2018
  • 3,821 Views, 350 Comments

The Great and Powerful Centaur - Viper Pit



About thirty years ago a human found herself in Equestria. Eventually she meets a low ranking noble and made a deal with him, she became his wife and eventually gave birth to a centaur Trixie. This is Trixie's story

  • ...
13
 350
 3,821

Big Mac's letter Third person.

Lyra was trotting down to Sweet Apple Acres after dropping her adoptive son off at school, much to Jake's dismay. She was on an important mission to deliver a letter to one of the residences who was living there, Big Macintosh or Big Mac to his family and close friends.

"You got this, Lyra. You just gotta find Big Mac without giving in to your curiosity about the letter. You can do this." Lyra said to herself as she motivated and encouraging herself up with delivering Trixie's letter to Big Mac.

She made her way to the orchard and went to the house at the center of the land and gently knocked on the door. She waited... and waited... and waited for what seemed like an eternity when in reality it was at most one minute of waiting. Lyra was not a very patient pony and it did not help that she had to encounter one of Trixie's potential lover.

Shortly after the one minute mark, the door opened up, revealing her designated target. One big red stallion with a yoke around his neck.

The stallion looked down and raised an eyebrow. "Can I help you, Miss Heartstrings?" He asked politely like the Gentlecolt he was raised to be, which made the awkwardness intensify for Lyra.

"Hey, big guy. I was just in the neighbor and well... I forgot to mention to you that I have a letter for you from Trixie." Lyra then used her magic to hand over the letter. Big Mac opened the letter and skimmed over it before hoofing it back to Lyra. "Why are you handing me the letter?"

"It involves you as well apparently." Big Mac sounded like he was on the verge of breaking down as tears began to seep out of his eyes. Lyra took the letter and began reading it.


Dear Macintosh Apple... and Lyra, if she's there with you, Big Mac,

I am writing to you to tell you that as of the current time in my life I can not in good faith court you or really anypony else right now. You know the whole "it's not you, it's me" deal... Well, in this case, it really is me as my dream is to be a traveling magician and maybe with some luck, I can one day settle down with a nice stallion, but that is just not gonna happen right now.

That goes for you too, Lyra but I can't be in good faith at keeping up with a long-distance relationship that is only based on letters when I could be holding on to my end for days or even weeks at a time while I'm traveling.

Big Mac, it wouldn't be fair to you or Lyra so with a heavy heart I write this at the night before Lyra heads back to Ponyville. I hope you can keep an open spot for me in your herd but I understand if that doesn't happen.

Love, Trixie.

P.S if you wish to catch me at my next show it will be held in Trottingham. I don't know how well it will go so I am hiring a bodyguard to help keep me safe.

P.P.S Please Tell Twilight I am sorry for snapping like that in front of the Princess it was wrong of me to do that.


"Well, that just happened," Lyra stated after she first finished reading the letter and waited for Big Mac to lessen his lip quivering.

"Eeyup." was the phrase Big Mac could respond for the moment before a single teardrop came out of his right eye.

"Can I cry with you."

"Eeyup."

And with that, for the next three hours, both of them cried themselves to drowsiness. That night was the most uncomfortable for both of them. The next morning Lyra got a wonderful Idea so after taking Jake to school again she gallops straight to Sweet Apple Acres and finds Big Mac. Who was crying in his room to which she could understand? Lyra grabs Big Mac by the shoulders and shakes him to grab his attention.

"Big Mac, snap out of it, will ya? I have an idea on how to get Trixie back." The mint mare exclaims once she is done shaking the stallion. Big Mac looks at her his eyes red from tears. He doesn't say anything but she knows she has his attention. "We go to Trottingham and we get our Herdmate back!"

"What's the point?" Big Red said with his voice a little horse from all the sobbing.

"The point is she needs us and she clearly is confused because she was so happy when I was in Las-Pegasus with her." Lyra puts a hoof around Big Mac with extra cheese as she continues. "And I personally think that her mom made her write that letter so she doesn't really feel that way."

Big Mac thinks for a moment. "Ah, dunno Lyra what she doesn't wanna be in a herd."

"We won't know until we go ask her." Lyra shrugs. "But I am willing to be a beta mare if it means we get Trixie back." With a long moment to allow Big Mac think he nods. "Awesome but I gotta ask if we can somehow get Bon Bon in the herd I know she doesn't like stallions all to well but I do still love her."

With a smile, Big Mac says " We need to ask the Head Mare first."

"Awesome, let's go to where ever Trixie is going to have her show is at." Lyra can't help but rub the back of her head.

"It's being held in Trottingham so we got time to set up ponies to cover what we need too." Big Mac says his Voice no longer as horse and Lyra has a big smile on her face.

"Awesome, let's head out on Friday." Lyra and Big Mac have a hug before Lyra leaves and Big Mac heads to do his chores for the day.

Author's Note:

Things will all be fine in the end. Also Bon Bon will be Watching Jake while Lyra takes off to Trottingham