• Published 20th Feb 2018
  • 3,820 Views, 350 Comments

The Great and Powerful Centaur - Viper Pit



About thirty years ago a human found herself in Equestria. Eventually she meets a low ranking noble and made a deal with him, she became his wife and eventually gave birth to a centaur Trixie. This is Trixie's story

  • ...
13
 350
 3,820

The New Job

(After A Few Days Of Hospital Check-Ups and Finally Getting Rid Of The Stupid Leg Cast Later)

Breath in.

Breath out.

Breath in.

Breath out.

Okay, I think that's enough for today.

I know that I've asked myself this question a hundred times but I still don't know how these morning breathing exercises will help with my hearts. This is just calming me down.

Whatever. If the doctor told it's good for me, then I've got no reason to deny that.

... That made me sound a little gullible and I should suspect something.

Nah. That would require me to stop practicing my magic tricks and that just made me a little sad inside.

... I need a therapist... if only I had enough bits to actually get an appointment. I think my doctor recommended me one.

I shook my head to get rid of the distracting thoughts.

No no no, that will have to wait. I'm just stalling myself now.

I looked at the clock... Yup, I knew it. I'm late.

I frantically brushed my still wet hair, rushed out of the Apple family bathroom and to the dining room to grab a quick breakfast.

"Mornin', Trixie." Applejack greeted me. I saw her and Granny Smith sitting comfortably while casually munching on some porridge.

"Morning, Applejack and Granny Smith." I returned the greeting to my generous hosts with a quick yet gentle response. I was in a hurry and decided to snag an apple or at least a piece of toast.

Unfortunately, I made a fatal mistake when I saw the large display of food that was laid down. My stomach began to let out large growls that seem to relate to that of a wild beast. My appetite has grown quite a lot and wild after staying in the Apple family property. I feel like I've gained the appropriate amount of weight that the doctor recommended me to be in just one seating from their meals

I bite the lower part of my lips as to prevent the saliva from coming out. Ohhhh, I really want to stay and eat but I don't want to be late for my first day on the job.

"Ummm, Trixie?" Applejack called out to me, releasing me from my hungered trance. "Is something the matter?"

Quick, answer her. "I'm a little starved, that's all, Applejack," I said with a grin.

"Well, then what are ya waitin' fer, missy. Pop a seat and grab a plate. There's always enough er both of yer stomachs." Granny Smith exclaimed with her jolly elderly tone.

Raised both my hands up and waved defensively. "Oh no..."

"And don't 'oh no thank you. I'm good' speech and grab only a measly toast like you did yesterday." Uh oh, I mad Granny Smith mad. "You get yer Kester on that chair right now and eat. Yer all skin and bones. You can't work right with an empty stomach."

"No, really..."

But before I could finish my refusal, I heard Granny Smith shout to Applejack. "Wrangle her, AJ."

With quick lightning-like reflexes, Applejack took out a rope lasso out of her hat, tossed it right at me, tightening its hold around my arms and, with unyielding Earth pony strength, I was immediately dragged closer to the dining table.

"Wah! Hey!" I shouted in fright and protest. I dug in my hooves with all of my might on the wooden floor yet it did no good other than making drag marks. I made my stop when my body collided with a chair that was nearby Applejack.

"Come on now, Sugarcube." Oh great, Applejack's going to lecture me on how to take care of myself. "You need a proper healthy breakfast if yer goin' to work really hard on yer first day at Twilight's library. And I know Twilight and how organized she is with her place, she's goin' to toss ya a whole lot of work that will keep ya busy for the whole day like Spike."

I made a bunch of protested groans as how I was... I wouldn't say annoyed but rather... ummm... hmmm... kind-of tired of receiving motherly advice from the more matured (and talkative) Apple family members. I've only been living at the barn for a couple days but their words drilled into my mind that I think I've memorized every sentence.

"Mmmm... Fine but I'm only eating one sandwich." I said while taking a seat and picking said food. It was a cucumber, tomato and lettuce sandwich, which was filling enough until my short break.

I took one bite of the sandwich... and after that, everything became blurry and a little bit delicious.


(After 30 or so minutes of eating a large portion of breakfast later)

Sooooo Tiredddddd... and Ugh, so full.

I can't believe I ate an entire plate platter of those delicious sandwiches and a slice of Granny Smith's signature homemade apple pie. If this keeps up, the doctors might recommend me to lose weight instead of losing it.

"... Okay, Trixie. I know this gonna be hard to learn because Twilight likes things in a certain order but I think you got this," Spike instructed me as he shown me around the Library. Its been about a week since I got my cast off and I started working at Golden oaks library with Twilight and Spike, I help out at the farm when I'm needed so I have a place to stay and as a side benefit I get a nice work out to help straighten my recently healed leg.

I guess its do or die time. "Okay, Spike, I'm ready when you are."

Spike nodded before we walked over to the front desk. Instead of the normal chair that's normally set there, I see a large fancy looking cushion. Its purple or violet, maybe mulberry and around the edges looks like gold fringes. Wow, that looks like satin that stuff is not cheap.

"Oh don't mind the cushion Its Twilight's old one from when she was a little filly we figured that since she's not using it right now you can use it until we can get you your own," Spike explained.

"Wow, thanks I'm sure getting a chair for my build isn't gonna be easy I'll be sure to repay you and Twilight," I say as I take a seat on the cushion. My god, it's so soft like a brand new blanket or a fluffy kitten.

"I'm sure your hard work will be enough to pay us back plus we are gonna take a percentage of your paycheck until it's paid back sorry but Princess Celestia appointed Twilight to arrange some business practices to help broaden her skill set instead of just magic and reading you know," Spike explained before looking around to see if anypony else was listening. "But between you and me I think the princess is just trying to train Twilight to replace her nephew in that department."

"Why is that?" I ask a little curious as to why the Princess would want to replace her own family?

"The guy is a total pretentious booger eater and treats the 'lower classes' like they are nothing but he is very good at what he does so you know what every helps keep the country going smoothly you know?"

"I guess that makes sense their is always that one person that makes it harder for the rest," I spoke from experience often being the one that makes it harder because of my...Unique shape and size that often required special treatment. Such custom seats, meals, space and more often than not health reasons. And I just made myself sad.

"Well, for now, don't check any books out and just except book returns and when I get back I will go and put them in the right spots," Spike instructed.

"Where are you going spike?" I inquired.

"Oh, I am going to go see some of the preparations for Princess Celestia's arrival."

"Alright have fun I'll hold down the fort......Wait wait wait, Princess Celestia is coming!" Spike replied with a casual head nod. "Why didn't I know about it?"

"Well, you were getting your cast off when we got the news and we didn't want you to worry about that when you need to work on getting healthier." He pointed out and I couldn't help but sigh. "Hey don't worry I'll bring you a cupcake when I get back."

"Thanks, Spike." I wave him off and officially start my first day on the job. Yep living the dream and with everyone out doing something I had time to take a small nap, yeah a nap sounds good.


"Hello, Trixie are you wake?" I hear a voice as I stir awake to see a light green or possibly mint green unicorn and Jake? "See mom I told you she was here"

" Yes, you did Sweetie but she is clearly working." The unicorn who is apparently Jakes mother. Oh, what was her name again? I think it was Lyra. Was it? Yeah, I think that was it.

"Sorry about that it's been a slow day with everyone's getting ready for the Princess of the Sun and Equestria to make her glorious arrival," I said in a dramatic tome. I feel a little awake from that.

"It's alright. I came to drop off this book on humans." Lyra replied.

"Yeah we found out a lot of cool things" Jake announced, earning him a small eye roll from his adoptive mother.

"Oh, like what?" I asked the little guy.

"Well, apparently about one human every ten to twenty years comes to Equestria and that sometimes they turn into other creatures," Jake said but his smile faltered a little. "But sometimes the ones that transformed are labeled as crazy and are put in crazy hospitals"

"Oh wow, that is kinda sad," I replied, letting out a concerned tone.

"Yeah but most of the time the humans just live their lives and sometimes start families of their own," Lyra said as she gave Jake a small squeeze. "Like I did with this little runt." She gave Jake a hoof noogie, messing up his hair in the process.

"Hey, mom. Ah, quit it." He giggled.

"NEVER!!!"Lyra yells as she continues the noogie as Jake is fruitlessly trying to escape his mother's grasp.

I decide a topic change is for the best and I say "Well if you have the book with you I would be more then happy to check it in." Without missing a beat Lyra pulls the book out of her saddlebags and puts it on the desk. Apparently giving Jake just enough room to break free from his noogie punishment as I check the book in. "Thank you for your service," I reply trying not to laugh at the sight of these two bonding over noogies.

"Trixie." Lyra began "Would it be any trouble if I kept in touch with you?"

"Sure I don't see why not but my schedule is a little packed trying to rack up enough bits to get a new wagon," I replied with a smile.

"I can understand that." She replied as Jake started to look bored.

"Well if there is nothing else I can do for you...." I trail off giving Lyra a hint that I think our current business is done for now.

" Oh right sorry so do you mind if we meet up again?" Lyra asks. Is she blushing?

"Mom hurry up I want to see the princess." Jake cuts in clearly very bored.

"Sure I have the weekends off to rest and do what I want basically," I answered while Lyra Is giving Jake a not now look. The scary version that all mothers have.

"I can't do Saturday I have rehearsals with the Orchestra but I can do Sunday." She answers once she's done looking Jake to death.

"Sunday works until then, have a good day." I gave a polite wave and they leave and as soon as that door closes I hear Lyra scream with joy judging by the newfound temporary deafness I have. The day goes on and I check in a few more books and explain to a couple of ponies that I am not authorized to check out or renew books as it was my first day on the job.

But then, after replaying the past few moments in quick mental processing, a sudden realization hit me like a nail on a hammer.

"Wait... Did I just agree to a date?"

Author's Note:

Welcome to The Grrrrreat and Powerful Trixie's Questions and answers where Trixie and friends plus family will answer any questions we can but we won't answer anything that's not safe young ears ask a many questions as you can because it took a lot work getting my family and friends all in one place.

please leave your questions down below a long with who the question is for please and thank you