• Published 20th Feb 2018
  • 3,820 Views, 350 Comments

The Great and Powerful Centaur - Viper Pit



About thirty years ago a human found herself in Equestria. Eventually she meets a low ranking noble and made a deal with him, she became his wife and eventually gave birth to a centaur Trixie. This is Trixie's story

  • ...
13
 350
 3,820

Filler

Putting my stuff up didn't take to long and while I was doing that, I was thinking about what I'm going to do for work. I thought about working with Twilight at the local library but I somehow think she doesn't need help. Then there is just the good old fashion job hunting but who would hire someone with a broken leg.

"Man this sucks," I grumbled as I head over to the main apple house for a nice relaxing bubble bath at what looks like the biggest bathtub that I have ever seen. I swear, I think I've seen swimming pools smaller than this one.

Too bad I can't lay on my human back due to my pony half. I had to be low enough to reach my chest and let the shower cover the rest of my upper torso.

But I don't care for it has been too long since I had a nice bubble bath. I grabbed a towel from the bathroom closet turn on the water. The water I have to where it's steaming but not boiling. Next, I add the most important things for a bubble bath are the bubbles, the quantity that can overfill the bath and the quality of making me relaxed and make my entire body into metaphorical jelly.

This being the Apple family one would think they have Apple scented... Heck, Apple flavored soap but nope. They use lavender soap. I had to learn the hard way after gagging on the soap. Who would have thought? Well, a complete moron would've and unfortunately, I'm not one.

Anyway, I take off my new shirt that Rarity designed for me and unwrap my "support" bandages off my chest and put my cast in a plastic bag. Screw the cast, I'm glad it's coming off tomorrow anyway. Been looking forward to that for a while. You would not believe how much the healing magic in it itches.

I set my lower half in the tub and I can feel the warmth hit me. "Oh, Yeaaaaaaaaaah. I needed this." I muttered as I get comfy in the bubbles. Maybe I'll stay here an hour or so until somepony knocks or breaks down the door and pull me out with all their might. I could just die here now... Ahhhhhhh...

*Knock knock

"Trixie."

Mmmmm... indeed. I am the great and powerful Trixie. Bask in my glory, my lovely audience and shower me with all of your admiration, and things...

*Knock knock

"Trixie?"

Yes, Trixie wants to have all of your finest chocolate truffles and delicious grape juice. Only the best and refined for the greatest performer... which is moi, please.

*KNOCK KNOCK!

"TRIXIE!"

Wha?! Who's... Waaaaa!

When I tried to rise up from the bath, some of the bubbles on the palm of hands caused me to slip and I hit my face towards the faucet.

Oww... Oww, my nose. Chalk that one on my injury list. Gah, I hope that didn't cause a visible mark because I don't want them...

"TRIXIE!"

Ahhh, my hearts... they can't take the surprises. Somepony... a mare... was barking my name behind the bathroom's wooden barn door.

"Yes, who is it?" I meekly asked as I got out of the bathtub and find some tissues after I just found out right now that my nose is bleeding heavily.

"It's Applejack." She responded.

Í let out a quiet annoyed groan as to not let the orange mare hear it and feel like she did something bad to me. I slip in my towel on my upper human torso, covering my ássets before I approached the door.

"Whats so important that it couldn't wait until I was out of the tub?" I asked, letting my irritation show a little which I feel was a bit rude to do but I can't help it.

"Pardon me, Sugarcube. Ah just wanted to check up on ya and ask what do ya want fer supper since er going to be our guest for a while. Today is usually Granny Smith's homegrown vegetable salad and stew but she told me to ask you what do you prefer."

Oh, that's nice of Miss Smith. I would love to try the original menu but I do want some sweet delicious dessert to fill my belly up and give me some weigh.

"Ummm... Is it okay to have some dessert after dinner?" I sheepishly asked. I feel awkward and a little inconsiderate about the request.

"Sure thing, Trixie." Her voice muffled behind the wooden door.

"Really?" I questioned her. "Are you sure it is okay?"

"It ain't no problem at all, Trixie. Granny Smith loves to take care of her friends."

"Well, thanks. I'll see you down in a little bit." I say as I grab a towel to wrap around myself. Applejack then leaves with a tip of her hat. "God if that had been Big Mac I would of......." Low and behold there is the big lug in the doorway......Staring......While blushing. "GET OUT!!" I started throwing shampoos, soaps towels whatever I can get my magic on.

"SORRY!" He shouts as he ducks, dodges and runs away from my assault.

After calming myself before well you know, I put on my clothes minus my "support" as sometimes, I need to let these puppies breath, and besides I need to find more comfortable wraps anyway. Maybe I'll head to the market later and see if they have anything that I could use that look sexy. What can't I feel pretty sometimes?

As I head downstairs and into the dining area, I am greeted by an embarrassed Big Mac, an amused Applebloom, a nonchalant Applejack.

I tried to avoid making any eye contact with the big galoot of a stallion and then proceeded to think about that.

I thought my human half's physical physique can only allure only certain anthropomorphic creatures like other centaurs (if there were any in this region full of ponies) and dragons (like that little immature purple perv lizard who shall not be mentioned while I feast on my delicious meal).

But I guess, there are some exceptions towards the... purely muscular and testosterone-filled stallion like Big Mac. I should ask mom in my next letter if she had this encounter before and see if there are ways to handle this

I took a small glance at the big fella, who was too occupied with eating... no, more like shoveling his meal towards his mouth and refilling his plate. It doesn't look like he's doing that to distract himself to prevent staring at me as none of his other family members were complain... in fact, they were eating in a fast motion as well but in their own manner.

The women of the Apple family were more composed and actually used Earth pony-style utensil hoof holders, unlike Big Mac, who used his bare hooves to grab his food.

At least he was decent enough to use serving utensils to grab seconds... or I think that's his fourth helping. I wasn't counting... or really focusing on tasting my meal. Better do the second thing if I actually want to savor my meal that this generous family provided me.

Applebloom was loudly slurping her vegetable soup while she leans pretty close to her bowl that I can see that she is standing on her chair. The soup was filled to the brim with all kinds of vegetables that I've seen at their farm crops (although there were some that might have been bought from a market). The vegetables were soft enough that it easily cut into smaller pieces with every chew. I can taste the full flavors of all the contents of the soup.

Granny Smith seemed to have removed her teeth (she must at the age where she uses dentures) and softly chewing on some creamy applesauce, which by the way is really sweet and a little sour at the same time that makes my mouth melt in delightful bliss. I taste a hint of sugar and cinnamon that just makes my taste buds explode with glee even more.

And Applejack... yeah, she seems to have the same eating manners like me but she had hooves instead fingers to hold the utensils and her eyes were focused on her plate rather than the current occupants of the dining table. She was munching on a wonderfully dressed salad. It had spiced croutons and smothered with some dressing that I can't identify right away.

The meal that they prepared was way better than any meal I have in my entire life. I'm truly sorry, mom but someone just won over my stomach. The Apple family goes all-out on their food. I wish I could live here forever so I can try every home cook recipe that Granny Smith concocts in her kitchen.

... Although, if that option comes forth, I should get a better... no, a real soft bed and room. The straw pile and barn are fine and all but my body, mind, and spirit requires all the proper basic necessities.

I shifted my pupils around my surroundings to see if I attracted any attention to the Apple family. And thank the mighty lord, they weren't.

It would have been really really awkward if they noticed that I was staring at them while they were eating. And thank my lord's son that they can't read minds or they might have heard my critic on their eating habits.

"Trixie..."

I really shouldn't judge others for their eating etiquette or any other etiquette.

"Trixie..."

I feel like I should answer that before...

"TRIXIE!" Applejack raised her voice to regain my attention to her again

"Gyah!" And I did it again. I shrieked like a maniac.

It happened again. If this keeps up, Applejack might think that I'm ignoring her intentionally.

"Whats with you today?" Applejack says "Anyway everypony is done with their breakfast except you something on your mind?"

"A little, yeah," I reply as I push my food around a little.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked with a concerned look on her face.

"I-I don't know maybe later," I say taking a bit out of my food. I mean how do you bring up the fact that I wish I had better food when I come from a fairly rich family. Nowhere as rich as Filthy rich but I think a little more wealthy than Twilight, so I had some amazing food growing up, it's just the apple families cooking is just better.

"Well if ya ever wanna talk us apples are always willing to listen ya understand Sugarcube." She then tips her hat that seemed to be directed towards me and starts to head out but stops near the door. "Oh and one more thing, Sugarcube. I know you need bits but your show won't go on here, try finding a Real job after you get your cast off." and just like that she left to go do her chores or something I don't know.

"Well, I know she's not a fan of the stage." I sighed and finished my delicious delicious meal before going to clean the mess I made when I had a reasonable reaction to Big Mac staring at me in the bathroom. Getting up the stairs I can see the mess I made.

"Wow I did more damage then I thought." I shamefully pondered to myself as I let out a whistle at the scene. There is mane care coming out of the bottles, towels on the pictures on the walls, and a mane and tail brush embedded in the wall. I hope that hole isn't too noticeable. Carefully I pick up and close the bottles then I take some of the towels that are on the wall and use them to wipe the floors of the soap I don't wet them on the first pass but I do on the second pass to prevent a huge soap mess.

Going over my work it looks good, it looks like the floor has been mopped (because it kinda has) and it has a certain shine to it. Satisfied with my work I go out to the barn to enjoy light reading before I go job hunting tomorrow now that everything is set so I can actually get paid legally.

Author's Note:

sorry for the long wait but writers block, real life and laziness just took me by storm. I have know idea how long the next chapter will take but on the bright side at least you know I'm trying.

fun fact
This Trixie is about 2 inches taller then big mac for those who are curious.