• Published 21st Dec 2017
  • 6,369 Views, 35 Comments

Children of Harmony - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Twilight ended up in another world with kids of her now. Now her daughter will help save Equestria and learn what it's live living there.

  • ...
14
 35
 6,369

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: Who is that Mare?

At the Town Hall:

Ace and the others are there with the games inspector, but what they didn't know that the real one is with Sakura.

After giving their welcome routine:

They decide to give her a tour of the town hall and she seems very interested int the place.

"So Ms. Checkered Flag, what do you think of the Town Hall?" Ace asks.

"I think it's interesting," The Fake Checkered Flag says. Then she asks, "Would you mind getting me some chocolate milk?"

"Of course, darling," Ruby answers then she leave to go fetch her one.

Until Raspberry comes to Checkered Flag with a glass of chocolate milk in his hoof and says, "Here you go." Then Checkered Flag takes the drink and starts to drink her beverage.

Everypony else stare at Raspberry with a straight look on their faces, but they know better than to understand Raspberry. If they know what's good for them.

"Anything else we can do to make your visit welcome," Ruby asks.

"Nothing much," The faked Checkered Flag answers.

Then while Ace and the others are not looking, Checkered Flag's eyes changed colors. Her eyes is yellow with red ilise. She is hiding something and wants to have some fun with Ace and his friends.

At Sugarcube Corner:

Sakura and the real Checkered Flag are having some lunch after Sakura gave her a tour of Ponyville and to figure out their mystery of Checkered Flag's imposter. The have no idea who she is or why she want to pretend to be the games inspector, but they know they need to figure this out before her friends find out the truth.

Sakura happily asks, "So Ms. Checkered Flag, how are you enjoying Ponyville?"

"Ponyville is very interesting and it's so peaceful," Checkered Flag answers happily.

"Glad you enjoy it," Sakura replies.

Just as things are going well, Checkered Flag simply sighs sadly as she is enjoying her milkshake.

Sakura notice something is wrong with Checkered Flag and asks, "What's wrong?"

Checkered Flag hears Sakura's question and doesn't know it she should answer it at first, but knows that somepony to talk to will help sort out her troubles. Checkered Flag explains, "Well you see being the Equestria Games Inspector are good because you get to visit to different cities and towns, but everypony in the whole country wants to host the Equestria games. So I had to go through the phoney baloney song and dance routine, but of course I never get into the real inside scoop."

Then she turns around sadly and says, "What a way to start a new job?"

Sakura can tell that starting a new job is having some pressure on her. Sakura says, "Gosh! I never imagine being an inspector would be so hard."

"Yes it is," Checkered Flag sadly replies.

"It's okay," Sakura replies. Checkered Flag looks at her with a confused look on her face. She can tell that Sakura is trying to help her sort out her troubles. Then Sakura says, "Sometimes it can be hard to start a new job, but as long as you be yourself around the other ponies and be calm and resourceful, I'm sure you will do good with your job."

Checkered Flag feels a little better now. She smile and says, "Thank you Sakura."

Sakura smile knowing that she helped Checkered Flag with her problem. Then Checkered Flag thinks of something that just comes up in her head said and asks, "So who do you think is that mare that your friends is giving the tour to?"

Sakura simply scratches her head and answers, "I have no idea maybe a unicorn used a spell to change her appearance."

"Could be," Checkered Flag replies agreeing to that suggestion.

Just then Sakura has an idea, "And I think I know who can help us figure this out."

Ms. Checkered Flag is a bit confused about it. The she and Sakura leaves Sugarcube corner to go to the Golden Oak Library since she knows her mother and spike are going to be there today.

"My mom and Spike should be here today," Sakura tells Checkered Flag.

"Do you think your mother can help us," Checkered Flag asks curiously.

Sakura simply smiles and says, "I'm sure about it."

After saying that, Sakura knocks on the door and Spike answers the door.

Spike becomes happy to see Sakura and says, "Hello Sakura how are you doing?"

I"m doing fine Spike. Is my mom here?" Sakura answers .

"I'm here," Her mother calls.

"Hi mom," Sakura says to her mother.

"Hi Sakura," Twilight says to her daughter. She then notice Checkered Flag and decides to introduce herself to her, "Hello My name is Twilight Sparkle. What's your name?

"My name is Ms. Checkered Flag the Equestria Games Inspector," Checkered Flag introduces herself.

"Really aren't you supposed to be with the welcome committee," Spike replies a little shocked.

"Well you see there is a small problem," Sakura replies feeling a bit nervous about telling them what is happening.

"What is it?" Twilight asks.

Well it's kind of hard to explain but…" Sakura was about explain to them what happened until,

"Hello Sakura," Sakura hears Eden's voice. She turn around to see Eden and was in a happy mood. Sakura can guess that Eden finish helping out at the Spa.

"Oh, hi Eden," Sakura says a little nervously.

"What's going on?" Eden asks confusedly.

"Um, we kind of have a problem,: Sakura replies nervously.

With that Sakura and Checkered Flag decide to explain to Spike, Twilight and Eden what is going on and Sakura knows that there is going to be a problem.

At the track field:

Ace and his friends are taking the Fake Checkered Flag to to the fields to see Rainbow Dash, also knows as Ace's mother, who is training some of the track ponies.

"Hey mom," Ace calls

Rainbow turns to see her son walking towards her. When he got there, she says, "Hey champ how are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine, but I kind of need some help," Ace replies.

Rainbow then blows the whistle and the ponies starts to run around the track. Then she screams, "Come on ponies! Are we going to gallop or are we gonna tront!"

Then she turns to her son and asks, "What do you need help with?"

"Will my friends and I are giving the games inspector a tour and we wonder if it's alright if she can watch you and the runners," Ace explains.

"Sure I'm sure I can let you watch,"Rainbow Dash replies offering to help. Then she screams to the runners, Let's move move move!"

She she calmly asks, "By the way, how is the tour going?"

"Fine I guess. She seems to be enjoying her visit, but I'm not entirely sure," Ace explains feeling unsure about the tour to the inspector.

"I'm sure everything's going to be fine." Rainbow replies letting her son know that things are going good.

Then she says, "I know that there's nothing to worry about."

Then Rainbow Dash asks, "So where are they anyway?"

Ace turns to see his friends along with the games inspector heading their way. Then he points his hoof to where they are and says, "Here they come now."

Rainbow can see the inspector and the other are with her and she seems to be happy about her visit in Ponyville.

Checkered Flag seems amazed by the course and Ponyville and says with a smile, "Well I gotta admit it's sure is a nice place you got here,"

"I'm glad you like it. I'm Rainbow Dash," Dash introduces herself to the fake inspector.

"My I heard about you being a Wonderbolt and a mother to a new upcomer," Checkered Flag says with a happy expression.

"Glad my reputation precedes you," Rainbow replies pridefully.

"Yes. It's been a while since I saw you," Checkered Flag says with a smirk on her face.

"I'm glad to…" Rainbow is about to say something but then she realize something suspicious. Shen she asks, "Wait what do you mean this is the first time we met,"

The fake Checkered Flag fakely gasp and says, "Oops! Did I say that out loud?"

"You sure did and something tells me you are hiding something," Rainbow says looking at the pony with a glare.

With that glare the fake decides to drop her act and says in a male voice, "Well might as well drops the disguise then."

With that the fake games inspector poof back to his original form and it turns out to be Discord, the creature of chaos and disharmony.

"What in the?" The others says with a shock.

Just then Discord starts laughing and says, "You should see the look on your faces? Priceless."

"Discord what are you doing here?" Rainbow asks with anger

"You know him?" Ace asks his mom

Rainbow Dash turns to her son, Ace and says, "Yeah, he caused a lot of trouble with his chaotic magic and me and my friends defeated him 20 years ago."

"Let's not forget that I broke out of my prison and became friends with sweet, lovely, and kind Sakura the alicorn hybrid," Discord adds happily.

Ruby looks at Discord curiously and says, "Wait! You know Sakura?"

"Of course she's the reason why I'm trying to reform," Discord answers pridefully.

"But that doesn't explain why you are here?" Rainbow asks suspiciously.

"And why did you pretend to be Ms. checkered Flag," Raspberry asks suspiciously.

"Well I decided to pay a visit to Sakura and hoping she can spend sometime with me today, but I decide to have a little fun with you and Sakura by getting you to think I'm this Ms. Checkered Flag while the real one hangs out with Sakura," Discord explains and he is smiling about his little joke.

Everypony eyes widen realizing what has happened Ace screams in fear, "We got the wrong pony!"

Raspberry get on his back knees and screams, "No!" Then he screams, I mean, Yes!"

That is when the gang realize that they have been tricked by Discord and they think they left the real Games Inspector at the station and Sakura is with her.

After that they rushed to the train station to see if Sakura and the inspector are still there.

Ruby looks around the station and says, "There's got to be another mare with a star shaped luggage somewhere."

"And Sakura isn't that hard to miss," Raspberry adds.

The others look around but so far no luck. Baked Apple says, "Except they are not here.

"We go to find her before the mayor realizes with a mess we got into," Ace replies.

"And it's Discord's fault," Raspberry adds.

"Okay we split the place into 4 sectors," Baked Appel informs the others.

"Each of us search a sector," Ruby adds.

"I just hope we are able to find Sakura before something else goes wrong," Ace says nervously.

With that each of them split up to find Sakura and the Games inspector and hoping to find them before something else goes wrong.

At the Library:

Sakura and Checkered Flag explained to the other what happen. Twilight, Spike, and Eden were surprised that someone is pretending to be the inspector and the real one ended up with Sakura.

Spike is the first to break the silence and says, "So there is somepony pretending to be you and lead the welcoming committee away."

"Yes," Checkered Flag answers.

"And my daughter decides to give you a tour and hoping to find the others, but so far no luck," Twilight asks.

"I'm afraid so," Checkered Flag replies a little sadly.

"But I think I can help you solve this mystery," Twilight says it knowing what is going on.

Checkered Flag Sakura and Eden looks at Twilight with a confused look on their face. Eden asks, "How?"

"Easy Princess Celestia told me Discord is going to visit us, but I guess he decided to have some fun with your friends and Ms. Checkered Flag," Twilight explains.

"Oh, so this is a prank?" Sakura asks figuring out what is going on.

"Afraid so," Spike answers.

Then Sakura turns to Eden and asks, "So Eden, I take it you finish gathering the stuff they need for the Spa?"

"Yes and they are already making the soaps and other things they need," Eden answers feeling glad to help Aloe and Lotus Blossom.

Then Eden asks, "You should try some of them Sakura. You too Checkered Flag,"

"You know I think I will," Checkered Flag answers with glee.

"Me too, I never went to a Spa before, so it will be good experiance," Sakura replies happily.

"That's good," Eden replies with a smile.

Just then someone is knocking on the door of the library.

"Who can that be?" Twilight asks to herself.

"Hello Mayor how are you doing?" Twilight says with glee.

"Hi Ace," Sakura says.

"Hey," Ace says feeling tired.

Just then Checkered Flag shows a smile on her face and walk to Mayor Mare and says, "Hello Mayor."

"Hello Checkered Flag how was the tour?" Mayor Mare replies with glee.

"Well there was a rather mix up but either way everything is fine thanks to Sakura," Checkered Flag explains while rolling her eyes with a smile.

Mayor Mare gets confused and says, "Sakura? But she wasn't part of the welcoming committee."

Checkered Flag decides to explain to her what happened and about Sakura kindness towards her. Checkered Flag happily explains, "I know, but while the welcome committee was tricked to go with an imposter. Sakura was kind of enough to give me a tour of Ponyville. I can also see that the place is very nice and friendly and show me great ponies, and fun location, not to mention unspoiled and very special. Which means it is fitting to host the Equestria Games."

Everyone is happy because Sakura kindness and really help Checkered Flag to see what Ponyville is like. And with that her decision has been made.

At the end of the day Mayor Mare and Checkered Flag are in front of the town hall making their announcement. Everypony is there to see if Ponyville is able to host the games this year.

Mayor Mare announces, "The next host of the Equestria Games is…." Then she says, "Ponyville!"

With that everypony in the town square cheers happily and are very excited about the Games begin in Ponyville this year.

Sakura is also there with her friends and her friends are happy about the Games are taking place in Ponyville. Ace turns to Sakura and says, "Thank you Sakura."

Saura turns to her friends and says, "I'm glad I can help."

After the celebration Sakura is writing the next entry in the journal explaining what happened in today's event.

I surely had a interesting day while friends surely had a hard day doing a welcome for the inspector. I felt like I actually help them by giving the real inspector a tour and with that I showed her great qualities of Ponyville. Sometimes helping others can be very rewarding and help others in a big way.

After writing that entry she turns to the others and says, "Wouldn't you agree Discord,"

"Yes Sakura," Discord mutters feeling a little bad for what happen.

Ace and the others are not very pleased for being tricked like that. Their mothers also didn't like that tricked Discord played on them like that.

Applejack comes to Discord with an angry look on her face and says, "You know what you did wasn't very nice."

"We should teach you a lesson after what you did," Rarity adds angrily.

Sakura comes up to Discord and says, "Now guys he learned his lesson, right Discord."

Discord says sarcastically yet a little frustrated, "Yes, yes, I shouldn't try to fool your friends."

"And," Sakura asks.

Discord looks at the others sadly and says, "And, I'm sorry."

"That's okay you are still learning about friendship," Saura says while hugging Discord. Thens he says, "But try not to do pranks in important circumstances, oaky."

Discord looks at Sakura with a small smile and says, "Okay."

Ace and the others decide to forgive Discord since they can guess he is playing. Twilight is proud of her daughter to help Discord learn about friendship and giving Discord the benefit of the doubt. She wonders if she will become something all of Equestria will be looking up to and she might help them in a big way.

Author's Note:

looks like all's well that ends well.

PreviousChapters Next