• Published 21st Dec 2017
  • 6,369 Views, 35 Comments

Children of Harmony - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Twilight ended up in another world with kids of her now. Now her daughter will help save Equestria and learn what it's live living there.

  • ...
14
 35
 6,369

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 47: Hearth's Warming Eve Preparations

It's been weeks since the snowstorm and everypony around Equestria are getting ready for Hearth's Warming Eve which is in a week. In Sakrua's house, her little brother and siter are staring at the window seeing the snow gently falling to the ground. It's been snowing days, and there's more than enough snow to do whatever activities they can do in the snow. The twins can't wait to start playing in the snow and with their friends.

"Wow, look at all that snow!" Yuki cheers.

"There's enough snow to build a fort! Wait, to have an epic snowball fight, or how about sledding!" Ame exclaims in excitement.

Yuki giggles, and says, "Ame, try not to get excited before going into the snow."

"Right," Ame agrees.

The two then look out the window to see the snow falling, and can't wait to start playing in it. Since they're out of school until winter break is over, they have all the time to have fun.

Just then, they hear their mom calling, "Kids, breakfast is ready!"

"Coming mom!" The twins call back.

With that, the twins run over to the dining room so they can have some breakfast. Today, they are having eggs, with some fried potatoes, small bowls of fruit, and glasses of apple juice. The kids are eating their breakfast. Twilight is feeding the baby's baby food. Sakura is eating, but she is reading stacked of paper stapled together as she eats.

Ame asks, "Hey mom, after we're done eating, can we play in the snow?"

"Sure, but before we do, we need to make sure the house is tidy, and we need to bring out our snow gear from the attic," Twilight answers.

"Yes mom," The twins reply.

Then Yuki asks, "So mom, are we going to celebrate Hearth's Warming Eve like we did for Nightmare Night?"

"Of course we are, and we're going to Canterlot for special family time," Twilight answers with a smile.

The twins continue to eat their breakfast and want to play in the snow as soon as possible. However, Twilight is noticing Sakura is not eating much. In fact, Sakura is focusing on reading the papers she has on the table.

"Sakura, put the script down and eat," Twilight says.

Sakura turns to her mom and says, "Sorry mom, I'm just very excited that I'm going to be Clover the Clever for the pageant, just like you did for Hearth's Warming Eve years ago."

"I know, and I'm very proud of you to get the part, but you must eat before you continue with your practice," Twilight replies.

"Okay. Besides, my friends and I are going to practice later today," Sakura says, putting the script down, and continue to eat her breakfast.

Then Twilight says, "Don't forget, Rarity wants you at the boutique today to try out your costume."

"I remember," Sakura replies.

With that, the family continue to finish their breakfast until they are finish. After that, Twilight takes the winter clothes from the attic while Sakura and the twins tidy up the house before going outside. After finishing with the cleaning and getting their winter gear on, they all leave the house and go have some fun in the snow. Ame and Yuki are playing with their friends just outside of city hall. Sakura and her friends are at Carousel Boutique trying out their costumes for the pageant.

Sakura looks at her costume, and says, "I have to admit some of the clothes that ponies wore in the old day remind me of some of the clothes people used to wear."

"You're right about that, but check out my cool armor," Ace says with pride.

"Be careful Ace, Ruby worked hard on that costume and armor and we don't want them ruined before the shout," Rarity says working on Sakura's outfit.

Eden shivers nervously, "I don't know if I can do this. I… I don't want everypony looking at me."

"But Eden you've practiced so much with us, and you've done a great job so far," Sakura says with a smile.

"But Sakura, what about when I go on stage, how do I practice for that?" Eden asks with concern.

Sakura thinks about it as she explains, "Well Eden there are something you can't practice. All you have to do is take your courage and do your best. I'm sure you'll do great."

Then Ruby says working on her own costume, "Besides All of us will be there for you if you feeling nervous or get stuck."

"Thank you," Eden replies with a shy smile.

As they are trying out their outfits, Raspberry asks, "By the way, do you guys know if windigos are real or not?"

"Of course they're not real. Everypony knows they're just an old pony's tail," Ace answers.

Sakura thinks about it as she questionably says, "Well, I don't know about that?"

"What made you say that?" Baked Apple asks looking over his costume.

"Well, I remember that when I stumbled into Starswirl's secret chamber. I remember reading one of his journals. He wrote that windigos are very real and is that his own student Clover the Clever along with Princess Platinum, Commander Hurricane, Private Pansy, Chancellor Puddinghead, and Smart Cookie were able to put their differences side and stop the windigos from freezing everythings. He was very proud of her. According to his journal, ever since Hearth's Warming Eve got it's start, the windigos were never seen again," Sakura explains.

Everypony in the room are kind of stunned by Sakura's story. Then again, Twilight mentions this to Rarity when this first happened. Ace and the others are kind of amazed to know that the story are more true, and so does the windows that almost destroyed everything in Equestria for all the ponies.

Ace says, "I have to admit, I never expected windigos to be real."

"Granny told me that they're real. They just never been seen for a thousand years," Baked Apple confirms.

"I know," ace replies.

Eden still shivers a bit and quietly says, "I hope we don't ever run into them. They sounds so scary."

"Don't worry Eden, if those winter spirits dare show their faces around here again, the six of us will take care of it with the magic of friendship," Ace says with confidence.

Sakura sighs with annoyance, and says, "Oh Ace, you're always hit first and ask questions later."

"You got that right, "Ace says with a pouted look on his face.

"But there's nothing to worry about now. The windigos are gone for good, and we have a holiday to celebrate and a pageant to put on," Rarity says.

Rarity finishes the finishing touches on Sakura's costume, as she proudly says, "There, your costume is finished."

After the costume is finished that Sakura is wearing, she takes a look on the stand where the three mirrors are. The costume for Clover the Clever is a brown cloak along with a hood. It's tied by a small rope. Under the cloak, is a light ivory dress with a purple fabric corset. She does like the outfit, but it seems like something that has been worn in the medieval times from her home world, and it seems to be the same here.

"I think it looks nice Rarity," Sakura complements.

"Thank you," Rarity replies.

After some hard work and fabric, Rarity and Ruby finish with all the outfits for the pageant. They then start with practicing for the play. There have been a few errors, mostly from Eden because of her stage fright, and Raspberry for his funny business. Of course, Sakura makes sure that the practice section is going well. After an hour of practice, Raspberry treat their friends for some hot chocolate at Sugarcube Corner. Right now, they are talking on what their plans for the holidays.

Ruby says, "Still even though it will be the holidays my mother still have to help out with the winter outfits in Canterlot."

"Guess having a job of a fashion designer is never done," Raspberry says with a smile.

"I suppose you're right," Ruby replies.

Sakura says, "Don't worry, I'm sure you and your mom can get the designs done. Let's not forget my sister is helping you."

"I really appreciate your sister's help, but there are some designer or other stuff in designing she's not fully ready for," Ruby replies.

"That's understandable," Sakura answers.

Then Eden asks, "So what are we all doing after the Hearth's Warming Pageant in Canterlot."

"Well, I'm going to my grandparents house after the pageant," Sakura answers.

"Yeah, my family are going to Cloudsdale. My grandparents are having a big party back at their house," Ace answers.

"All the Apple Family and some of my mother's family are going to be at Ponyville for a special family reunion on the same day as Hearth's Warming," Eden answers.

"My family are going to have lots of fun with my brothers and sister! I can't wait for us to have some fun in the snow!" Raspberry shouts with excitement.

Sakura laughs a bit and says, "Raspberry, you have fun everywhere you go."

"Oh, that's right."

With that the friends start laughing among themselves with smiles on their faces. When the day is done. Sakura gone back to her room so she can relax and do some reading. She then look at a photo album she has of her family, and her time in Equestria. She glad she gets to have a wonderful time with them, and her friends. Sometimes, she does miss her home in the other world on Earth, but is aware that she has to wait for another twenty years. Until then, she'll have more adventures along with making new memories with her friends and family.

Back in Canterlot, Princess Celestia is busy with her paperwork in the throne room while her sister Princess Luna is helping out with the preparations for the Hearth's Warming Pageant. Once Princess Celestia is finished with her paper work, Rave, her royal adviser takes the papers so they can be delivered to where they need to go. Princess Celestia head back to her royal chamber so she can take a break and watch the snow falling from the sky. Just then a large glowing ball enters the room. Princess Celestia recognized the ball anywhere

Princess Celestia smiles, and says, "Hello mother, it's very nice to see you again."

"It's nice to see you too Celestia, how are you and your sister doing?" The glowing ball with a kind mare's voice asks.

"We're doing fine mother, how are you and father doing?" Celestia answers with a smile.

"We're both doing fine, and we're glad that you and your sister are doing fine," Celestia's mother replies with a happy tone.

Then the orb says, "Now, I understand that you have some special pony hybrids in Equestria, and one that has the wings and horn of an alicorn."

"Yes. Sakura and her brothers and sister are doing fine living in Equestria. Of course, they do wish their father could be there with them," Caelestia says, but saden at that last part.

"That is understandable," Celestia mother replies with a sad tone.

Then she says, "Still your father and I think it's time for us to meet them."

This news makes Celestia stare at the ball with a shocked look on her face.

Celestia manages to say still stunned, "You… you both want to meet them."

Then a stallion's voice says, "We understand that you're a bit skeptic about it, but we think it will be a good idea to meet the family, and see how they are doing. Plus, I was able to see that your student had been having trouble with a shadow like creature as of late."

Celestia sighs rather sadly, then she says, "Yes father, but Sakura and her friends were able to stop it the first time, but it keeps coming. We don't know who is behind this or why is the creature after Sakura after failing to get Twilight."

At first the glowing ball isn't saying anything, but from the looks of it, there must be some kind of trouble. To Celestia, her mother and father know about evil creatures or anyone use dark magic as well as she does.

Then Celestia's father says sounding a bit upset, "I'm afraid this is a mystery to us as well to why, but the way you talked about the shadow creature reminds us of someone we haven't seen in a long time."

"Who is it?!" Celestia asks in a frantic state, wanting to know about the situation.

Celestia's mother says, "Now dear, you haven't seen him and he's already making you upset."

"I'm sorry darling, but it seems that he is up to his old tricks again, after five hundred years of his banishment," Celestia father replies.

"What old tricks?" Celestia asks.

Celestia father says from the orb, "Well let's just say if we did not put a stop to him, we might have found the power to take over Equestria."

Celestia starts to become very worried for her subjects, but mostly Sakura. If there's a villain that her parents know is on the loose causing trouble. Then there's a possibility that he might try to take over Equestria. Only this time, they don't have the elements of harmony to help protect them this time.

Celestia asks, "Is there anything we can do to stop him?"

"That might not be easy," Celestia's mother answers.

"His dark magic is very powerful, and he won't give up without a fight," Celestia's father adds.

Then Celestia's mother says, "We'll just have to wait until he makes his next move."

Celestia sighs with a concern look and says, "I understand."

For the rest of the conversation, Celestia's parents explain to them about meeting Twilight and her children. They're planning on showing up for Hearth's Warming day later in the morning. They also explain to them that she can tell Twilight what will be going on, but not to bring it up to Sakura and her siblings. After the conversation, the glowing ball leaves the room and heading back to wherever Celestia's parents are. Princess Celestia has mixed feeling about this. Worried for Sakura safety, along with her and her family meeting her family, and happy to see her parents since the last time they've been to the house. She going to tell Twilight who will be coming to Canterlot in a few days, and wants to make it private until the whole thing is over.

Author's Note:

Hearth's Warming is coming for them. But it seems Celestia end up with bad news. What will happen when Sakura and her family knows this fact.

PreviousChapters Next