• Published 21st Dec 2017
  • 6,373 Views, 35 Comments

Children of Harmony - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Twilight ended up in another world with kids of her now. Now her daughter will help save Equestria and learn what it's live living there.

  • ...
14
 35
 6,373

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 42: Two Mutated Bats

Shock in horrors, Baked Apple, Dragon Ruby, and Aerial Ace are seeing that Sakura and Apple Eden are now vampire fruit bat like beings. They have no clue how this happen to their friends or if there is a way to fix them. Up in the tree. Eden uses her tongue to grab hold of an apple while Sakura uses her hand to grab on, and they both use their teeth to such the juice out of them, and throws it into the ground.

Raspberry who is still hang upside in the tree, questionably asks the bat girls, "Eden? Sakura? Is that you? Why do you two look like that?"

However, Eden replies in a screech and a hiss, causing Raspberry to fall down from the tree. Raspberry hits his head on the ground, and gets up to see that they are not themselves anymore.

"That's not Sakura and Apple Eden! That Apple Bat and Saku-Bat!" Ruby says with horrors,

"We need to get them down from there!" Baked Apple says in concern.

"Sakura, Eden, please come down, and, um, do stop being vampire bats," Ruby asks politely.

But the idea doesn't work at all. All Sakura and Eden do is hiss at them and eat more apples from the tree. Ace decides to fly up there and try to get them down himself.

Once is at their viewpoint he says, "Girls! It's me, Aerial Ace! Why don't you two cut the bat act and come down from there?!"

But that doesn't work either. Sakura screeches loudly and uses her wings to push Ace away.

Being pushed back, Ace reacts,"Woah!"

Once he knows his idea has not work, he flies back down to the others.

Then he calmly suggests, "Maybe we should let them come down when they're ready."

Just then, Both their vampire bat friends start to fly around them. It's like they are circling around them, and it's starting to shred them. Mostly the whole event is scaring raspberry.

That leads Raspberry to scream in fear, "Vampire bats on the loose! Run for your lives!"

Raspberry then starts to move his back hooves very fast and digging a big hole in the ground. He then continues to dig with his front hooves. He is simply trying to get away from the vampire fruit bats who are his two friends.

"Raspberry calm down. See, they're back in their… branch," Ace says looking back at Sakura and Eden hanging upside down.

"They're just buying their time. Waiting for the right moment to pounce!" Raspberry says freaking out.

But Baked Apple says, "Raspberry, bats don't eat ponies, not even vampire bats,"

"Maybe vampire ponies and half ponies, eat other ponies!" Raspberry exclaims not buying it at all.

Then he scaredly says, "I'm not taking any chances."

With using his front bang of his curly hair, he digs a deeper hole, mostly a tunnel in the ground. The others are confused by Raspberry's methods, but are more confused about the becoming of Sakura and Eden,

"How did this happened? That what I don't understand?" Ruby scaredly asks.

"I don't know, but we need to do something about this," Baked Apple answers looking very worried.

He then turns to Ace and informs him, "Ace, you need to get our mothers and fast, especially Sakura's mom."

"Got it, Twilight will know what to do, and we need help to catch them," Ace says as he salute to the directions.

Ace looks up in behind them with a gasps, and shouts, "Hit the deck!"

Everypony turns to see Sakura and Eden in their vampire appearance flying towards them. They manage to duck and not get hit by them, but are seeing the girls are flying away, and fast.

"Follow those bats!" Raspberry informs.

Then Ruby scaredly says, "Please hurry, Ace!"

"Don't need to tell me twice! I'm on it!" Ace says.

With that, Ace flies back to Ponyville to get their moms, while Baked Apple, Dragon Ruby, and Raspberry Pie run after their vampire fruit bat friends. They haven't realize that Sakura and Eden are behind them, and the transformation is getting worse. Both of Sakura and Eden's ears have turn to bat like ears.

Sometime later, Baked Apple, Raspberry Pie, and Dragon Ruby are at another part of the orchard, and are devastated. They can seem to find Sakura or Eden anywhere. They fear that they both disappeared without a trace. With them up in the air, there is no way of know where they'll come out next.

"I can't believe we lost them," Ruby says with concern.

"Sakura! Eden! Where are you?!" Baked Apple worriedly calls out.

As they try to look around, Sakura and Eden are still up in the trees. Just then, screeching noise surrounds the area, and the others turn to see the two bat who are their friends heading right towards them.

Baked Apple shockley calls out, "Look out!"

The three run away as the two vampire bats swarm around the area. Raspberry trips and falls to the ground. He almost gets collison by Sakura, but she grabs the apple and sucks it dry. Then Sakura and Eden use their bat like wings to fly in the air and head towards the others. Then they both fly way into the orchard, and without any way where they are going.

"They're gone again," Raspberry says.

"Those two are moving fast," Baked Apple adds.

Just then they hear Ace's voice calling out, "Guys, I got them!"

Baked Apple and the others turn to see Ace flying with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, with Rarity, Spike, Applejack, Twilight, Pinkie Pie, and Big Mac running towards them. They also want to know everything that has happened and caused them to become vampire fruit bats. And that's what the other do, they explain to them everything that has happen, well almost everything. After that, the grown up ponies are very worried and unsure about the situation.

"So that's what happened," Applejack says.

"Yes, but we still don't know how it happened," Ruby adds.

Twilight scratches her chin as she suspiciously thinks, "I think it was the spell was the cause of it."

"And how you figure that?" Applejack asks.

With that Twilight uses her magic to create a diagram of what has happened the other day. She then ups a light purple human silhouette for Sakura, a light pink silhouette for Eden, and a black bat silhouette for the vampire bats. The pictures move as she explain the event of yesterday.

With that she explains, "Okay, this is Sakura, these are the bats, and this is Eden doing her stare. The spell was supposed to go onto the bats like this, but somehow the spell must have backfired. It took the desire to be vampire fruit bats, and transferred that desire into Eden."

"But how did the desire get into Sakura, she was the one who casted the spell?" Rarity asks.

Ruby gaps in realization and answers, "When Eden bit Sakura the other day!"

"What?!" Fluttershy shrieks in a fright.

Raspberry nervously says, "Eden bit Sakura on the hand after getting startled, the desire must have travel into her when they both make contact."

"That make sense, but how are we going to fix them?" Spike asks.

"Luckily I've read the book, and the spell can be reversible, they just need to do the same thing like the bats did," Raspberry says.

Sadly Ace says, "Won't be easy, they're gone now."

"No they're not, cause here they come!" Raspberry says point to where he's looking at.

They can see the two bat that are their friends heading towards them.

Pinkie shouts, "In coming!"

Everypony manages to get away from the bat's direction, but they keep circling around them. The two bats keep screeching, hissing, and sucking up apples and throwing the shibble ones to the ground. They can tell, they've been sucking a lot of juice. They also know the situation is only getting worse.

"If they keep this up, the whole crop will be gone in no time," Rainbow Dash says.

Baked Apple sighs with guilt and says, "That's the least of my worries. I just want my friend and cousin back."

"We're never going to get them back unless we catch them so I can reverse the spell," Twilight replies.

Hearing Twilight's statement, they all follow Twilight so they can catch Sakura and Eden. Luckily it hasn't been very long. They can see them on the ground, and are wrapped up in their wings.

Twilight whispers, "There they are."

Looking at the group, Sakura nd Eden fly away at top speed. When they all look up in the sky, they can see the two bat girls are out of their sight.

"There they go!" Applejack says.

"We need to do something," Fluttershy worriedly says.

"Yeah! Not only the crop will be gone, but Eden and Sakura will continue to act like bats forever!" Pinkie panices.

"It's all my fault," Baked Apple says.

"Baked Apple, this isn't your fault. You never knew this was going to happen," Ruby says.

"But it is. I never listen to Eden's suggestion about building the sanctuary because I though it will take too long. I also didn't listen to Sakura when she said there will be consequences to doing this," Baked Apple says, explaining his mistakes.

He then sighs and add, "I guess, I was too worried about the orchard that I tried to find a fast way to solve the problem, but instead, I caused my friend and even my own cousin to behave like vampire fruit bats."

Everypony can tell that Baked Apple feels terrible about this. H was trying to save the orchard, but it ends up costing his friend and cousin to become bats, and the orchard, Sakura and Eden, are in danger.

Applejack comforts her son and says, "Son, I know that you felt bad about your mistake, but sometime we learn things from our mistake so we can correct them. Eden and Sakura understand about the importance to us and Ponyville. But you can't just feel bad about your mistakes. Sometimes, you need to fix the problem even if you caused it. Besides, I'm sure Eden and Sakura doesn't want you to feel bad about."

Baked Apple smiles after hearing her mom's advice and says, "You're right mom, but how are we going to catch them? They're flying too fast. And even if we did catch them, how are we going to get them to hold still enough to do the spell."

"Oh, if only we have Apple Eden to use the stare on the Apple Bat and Saku-Bat," Raspberry sadly says.

Just then Baked Apple smiles and says, "That's it!"

He then turns to his mom and asks, "Mom, remember the private orchard for the giant apples you grew for the Appleloosa State Fair next week?"

"Yeah, why? Applejack questionably asks.

"Do you think we can use one of them? I have an idea and I think this will work," Baked Apple asks.

Applejack smiles and says, "If it means getting my friends' kids back to normal, then son, lead the way."

After gathering up everything they need, Baked Apple, Twilight, and Applejack, have bring one of the giant apples from Applejack's special orchard. At the same time, everyone else has bring over their own surprise for Sakura and Eden, and hope the idea work.

"Got everything?" Baked Apple asks.

"Yep," Raspberry and Pinkie say with a smile.

Then Rarity says, "We sure did."

"Alright everypony, time to get our friends back. At your stations!" Baked Apple comans the others to start with the plan, and confident it will work.

On que, everyone go to their position to get everything ready for their plan. Baked Apple, Aerial Ace, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack stay with the giant apple so they use it. Baked Apple grabs a knife in his mouth and ready to do their thing.

Then with the knife in his mouth, he says, "Sure glad you have a lot of perfect, giant, juicy apples."

"Thanks, I glad too," Applejack says with pride.

Seeing that everything is ready, Baked Apple uses the knife to slice the apple. When that happens, some of the juice comes out, and Rainbow Dash and Aerial Ace use their wings to spread the apple sent to the air.

Flying in the air, Sakura and Eden who are still vampire fruit bats are flying around looking for more apples to eat. Just then, the apple sent catches their attention. With their instinct kicking in, they both fly off to the source of the smell. Flying towards the source, Baked Apple and the others can see the two bats heading right towards them.

"They're coming," Applejack whispers.

When the bats come in close contact, Baked Apple and Applejack kick the apple in the way and put their second part of their plan in motion. The next thing Sakura and Eden know, they are standing in front of a large mirror, with Ruby and Rarity holding it. They try to get away, but ends up being cornered by another large mirror Spike is holding. They try another direction, but ends up being surrounded by mirrors. They both end up staring at the state and their own reflection. One of the mirrors open to see that Fluttershy is there for the final part of the plan. Fluttershy open her eyes, and do her stare causing Eden and Sakura to stare at her back and completely still.

Knowing that the plan has worked, Twilight uses her magic to create the counter spell to reverse it. The spell surrounds them in a blue stream, and the transformation is taking place. Both their ears, teeth, and wings are changing back to normal. With the flash of the light, and bats silhouettes leaves the body, Sakura and Eden are back to normal and are unconscious on the ground. Just then, Sakura and Eden open up their eyes, and are starting to wake and stand up.

Eden quietly asks, "Wha- what happened?"

"W-why does my head hurt?" Sakura groans as she rubs her head.

Everyone start to cheer to see that the plan has worked, and Sakura and Eden are back to their normal selves. Sakura and Eden sits down on the ground, feeling a bit dizzy and confused to the event. In fact, they don't seem to remember a thing.

Baked Apple hugs Sakura and Eden as he says with relief, "Thank goodness you're okay."

"But, what happened?" Eden asks.

"Yeah. I can't seem to remember anything," Sakura adds.

Raspberry jumps in front them and shortly answers, "You both turned into vampire ponies!"

Eden gasps and asks, "Did we tried to eat ponies?"

"Of course not," Raspberry answers.

"So then we weren't vampires," Eden nervously replies.

"Yes you were," Raspberry says.

"But we didn't tried to eat ponies," Eden asks looking scared.

"Yes," Raspberry answers.

"We did!" Eden scaredly replies.

"No!" Raspberry replies.

"I'm confused," Eden replies looking unsure.

"So am I," Sakura says looking confused.

Then Ruby says, Me too… and I was there."

The next day, Sakura, Baked Apple, Apple Eden, and the others are finishing putting up a fence and sigh for a special area for the vampire bats. Ever since they explain to Sakura and Eden of the night, they both are shocked and uncertain about this. They can't remember what happened, but after the explanation, it does make since. As they finish building the sanctuary, they have a conversation.

Sakura says, "I can't believe Eden and I turned into vampire fruit bats."

"Yeah. you two were flying all over the place and eating apples," Raspberry replies.

"No wonder my stomach feels full last night," Sakura says while holding her stomach.

"So does mine," Eden says.

Just then Ace says, "There, the sign is finished."

"And we just finished the fence too," Baked Apple says.

Then Baked Apple sadly apologizes, "Girls, I'm sorry about this whole mess I got you two into."

"That's alright. I'm just glad that everything turned out alright," Sakura says with a smile.

Then Eden happily says"She's right. Thanks to us and the vampire fruit bats, we were able to gather enough seeds for new apple trees for upcoming spring time"

"And that means more cider, right?" Ace asks with excitement.

Eden nods her head with a smile and answers, "Yes, that exactly what it means, and for other apple recipes too."

After having the sanctuary build, and having their lunch, Sakura and her friends are at her house, in her bedroom for relaxation. They are also filling out their entry to the journal about the event and what they have learned.

After writing the entry, Sakura closes the book and says, "There, the entry has been filled,"

"Glad we all learned something from that night," Ace says.

Baked Apple says, "Yeah. I've learned that some time short term solution can cause some trouble and that sometimes doing a solution with hard work will help everypony."

"And I've learned that you need to speak up what you think and not care what other ponies think. Sometimes, it's okay to tell even your best of friends, no," Eden adds.

"Sakura laughs and says, "I agree. I also learned that sometimes spells can backfire if your not careful or do anything that might affect something."

"Yep. Sounds to me like we all have a good lesson that we've learned," Raspberry says with a smile.

Ruby yawns a bit and says, "I do admit, I do feel rather tired from that late night bat chase."

"Me too, and I was giving you the chase," Eden adds with a yawn.

"Now that we all got that problem out of the way, how about we celebrate our stronger friendship with… a nice nap," Baked Apple replies with a yawn.

Sakura yawns and says, "Yeah. I'm tired myself."

Sakura and her friends feel so tired from their late night bat problem, that they decide to have a good nap in Sakura's room. As they all fallen asleep, a family of four vampire fruit bats are in front of the Sakura's window in the tree. They are enjoying a nice large apple, after having their fill, they leave back to the orchard, and leave the core behind. For some reason they are drawn to Sakura and Eden, since they have been bats that night, but are glad to see them back to normal.

Author's Note:

Crazy vampire bat central.

PreviousChapters Next