• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 266 Views, 0 Comments

Autumn: Next Generation - Hazel_Hester777

  • ...
 0
 266

The Battle for Wonderland

The battlefield was dark and made anyone with a weak heart uneasy. It was set at the border of where the main barrier used to be. The land had lacked plants and the sky was dark and cloudy. The sun fought to appear past the clouds. A dead tree rose from the ground to mark where the center of the two sides stood. A bit of a distance off were the remains of the Castle of the Two Sisters.

The two sides had marched on continuously to each other, their leaders at the frontline to lead them. All were armed and had taken up position. Finally, they stopped, standing only a meter away from one another.

Twilight and Snowdrop then gestured for them to stay put where they were now before they began to walk up to the King. Hazel then helped Autumn off the Ursa Major. Tom then got off his chariot, being pulled by ordinary horses, and went to face them. Twilight went to the center marked by the dead tree with her trumpet in hoof. Snowdrop then faced to Tom.

“Hello, King Tom”

“Hello, Princess Snowdrop”

Twilight then took a deep breath and blew the trumpet. “On this, the Third Victory Day, the two sides, Fandom and Hater, shall send forth their Champions to do battle on their behalf”

Snowdrop, still a young peacemaker, tried to see if she could change Tom’s mind. “Oh, Tom, we don’t have to fight”

He glared. “I know what you’re doing. You think you can blink those pretty little eyes, and I’ll melt, just like Dana did”

“Please” she offered a hoof.

He flinched slightly from her resemblance to Dana. She was kind and sweet, just like her. She wasn’t her maker, but it still hurt.

“No!” he yelled, making her pull her hoof back. “This realm is to be ours! This Fandom must die! Jabberwocky!”

At his cry, the lines at the Hater side all looked behind themselves. Tom gave one last glare to Snowdrop, who then decided that it was no point anymore. They withdrew from each, still shooting daggers at the other. Twilight looked nervous as she watched them leave. It was as they all saw the giant black mound in the distance did she flee back to her line. Clementine got frightened from what he was seeing as he tried to hide behind Bunny, who then just turned back to her Summon form on her surviving Mother’s hat.

The mound behind the Hater side looked ordinary at first, but then it took shape. A bat-like wing sprouted right out, followed by another. Then, a head came out and roared. The Jabberwocky was worse than they could imagine. It resembled a dragon, but was even more sinister. It had a very long neck separating it from the rest of the body. Its hind legs were tough and no ordinary weapon could pierce its hide. It had small hands like that of a T-Rex. Its tail was long and spiky. Its head had small frills at the sides from the neck to the ears. Its midnight black scales covered the whole of its body. Its eyes were red as blood with cat-like slits. It had sharp fangs and a long, forked tongue.

From their area, Autumn was already frightened at the sight. She had seen and heard many things before, but this was the one which made it to top one on her list. “This is impossible”

“Only if you believe it is, Sweetheart” Hazel spoke, a hint of fear in her tone and unable to take her eyes off the beast.

“Sometimes, my mother used to tell me about seven impossible things before breakfast”

Hazel nodded before grinning slightly. “That is excellent practice. However, just at the moment, you might want to focus on the Jabberwocky”

Tom smiled at his Champion before he looked back at Snowdrop. “Where’s your Champion, Snowdrop?”

“Here” Autumn spoke, hiding her fear as she came up.

Tom glared at her. “Hello, Cam”

As the Jabberwocky approached, all the others stepped back a safe distance so as not to interfere or get in harm’s way. They all watched from the sidelines to see what happens. Autumn took a deep breath to recompose herself and begin counting.

“Seven impossible things. Count them, Autumn. One, there’s a potion that can make you shrink”

She and the black beast were now infront of each other. She held the Quillette Blade up infront of him, making him roar down at her.

“Two, and a cake that can make you grow”

“So, my old foe” the beast spoke in a low voice. “We meet on the battlefield once again”

Autumn was confused at that. She was sure she never met this thing before as it was scary enough to haunt her dreams for life. Nor was she sure if Lauren actually faced him before in another adventure she didn’t say.

“We’ve never met” she spoke.

“Not you, little spawn” he turned his attention back to the weapon in her hand. “My ancient enemy, the Quillette one”

“That’s enough chatter!”

She then flew her weapon back and struck him as his tongue flung out again, cutting it off. From the sidelines, Snowdrop held the urge to puke. In retaliation for his tongue, the beast then turned back and flung the Princess down with his tail. The sight of it made Hazel glare as she fought to keep herself from going up there.

“Three, animals can talk”

She managed to evade from the beats stomping on her by rolling before she stood up again.

“Four, Autumn, creatures can disappear”

She tried to strike at this creature, but he kept dodging to avoid the fatal strike.

“Five, there’s a Hidebrit Gene with unknown power”

The beats roared as it blew its fire breath on her. She was able to evade it by using the shield.

“Six, there’s a realm called Wonderland”

Six down and one to go. This was the one that Lauren didn’t tell her about. She just told her about the six very clearly, but the seventh was kept as a riddle. She said something about ‘an heir slaying the beast’. She had no idea what it meant back then, but now she got it. She was the heir, and the Jabberwocky was the beast. That meant only one thing.

“Seven, I can slay the Jabberwocky”

She then lunged forward and slashed at him, but he dodged each time. He then tried to bite her, but she got away by going beneath him and tried to pierce him at the heart. He just jumped up and flung her off her balance with his tail. She fell a long distance off, separated from the Quillette Blade. The beats saw the chance to rid itself of the only thing that could kill it. He tried to get to it as autumn fought to crawl back to it. She was saved when the thing was distracted.

Hazel, due to her promise, had taken out her dagger and stabbed the tail of the beast. It tried to slash its tail at her, but she easily ducked.

But it was enough to anger Tom. “The Captain’s interfering! Off with her head!”

At his words, Thomas withdrew his sword from its sheath as the rest of the Anti’s forces followed suit. Hazel grinned deviously as she took Hester’s hat off before letting it shrink into a small clip, giving it a small kiss, and putting it in her pocket. She then raised her sword as the rest of the Fandom side followed her.

Autumn got up and managed to seize her Blade. She tried to evade the Jabberwocky as she climbed up the stairs of the ruined tower. She ran as fast as she could to try and get away from it. She paused for a moment as she looked down on what was going on back at the battlefield.

All war had broken loose. Pound and Pumpkin Cake were fighting side by side, sometimes switching upon cue to avoid getting stabbed by the enemy’s swords. The Ursa Major was able to tackle down serial Antis by pouncing on them. Clementine shot magic blasts from the air as he rode on Anastasia’s back, sometimes switching with Sunny to keep from getting tired. It was Captain vs. Knave as Hazel and Thomas engaged in a deadly sword fight.

Autumn snapped out of the view as she realized she couldn’t keep an eye on her friends when she had a real problem of her own. She managed to get up to a flatter area of the ruined building, holding her Blade out incase her opponent came around. There was nothing in sight and the only sound was her heavy breathing and swords clashing.

Then she heard his roar and reacted fast enough to run. She hid behind a pillar to avoid his sight for a moment. He breathed his fire breath around, but the pillars seemed to be immune to them. When she got a chance, she ran for it. He set her off balance by his tail. He then tried to throw the broken pillars at her, but she was able to move just in time.

She ran up the staircase immediately. He was hot in pursuit as he nearly corned her at one point, but she avoided his bite by going underneath him. She ran as fast as she could, hoping to get away, but she was soon cornered. The end of the staircase came, and she couldn’t escape.

Back on the battlefield, it was almost as though the Knave and Captain had been equally matched in their sword fight. The Knave dodged Hazel’s strikes easily and when she was near his range, she just used her Butterfly Dodge to avoid him. At one point, their swords clashed as their eyes met. He glared at her, heavy with intent to kill her. She grinned from ear to ear, as though toying with him. It soon became clear why when she sent a blast of the Hidebrit Gene out from her Essence and he was thrown off balance. She then raised her sword over him, her eyes gone mad for bloodshed. He raised his hands up in defense and surrender, as though pleading her not to.

Autumn managed to jump onto the Jabberwocky’s long neck. It took all her strength and courage not to let go as he tried to get her off him. Finally, she saw her chance. When he raised his head up and threw her off right above his neck, she knew what to do.

“OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!” she cried as she landed, chopping his head clean off.