• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 266 Views, 0 Comments

Autumn: Next Generation - Hazel_Hester777

  • ...
 0
 266

Your Fault

Autumn ran as fast as she could to keep up with Hysteria. The girl had an advantage due to her constant use of Butterfly Dodge. She was always landing atleast seven feet away from where she was before turning back to normal. But the Princess knew that she would tire out soon.

Her calculations were correct once the mare used one last move to go farther before stopping to catch her breath. From the looks of the place, it was an old asylum room.

“Hazel, please wait!” she called to her as she rushed over, trying to catch her own breath.

“Just stop!” the girl yelled at her. “Just stop right there, okay?!”

“I can’t stop. I wanted to at first, but now that I know, I want to keep going. I know mother would’ve…”

“Lauren didn’t care about us! She promised she would come back, but she never did! We fought as long as we could, until our secret was revealed to the others and Hester had to die! The OCs I carried with me never stopped crying for days after their Mother was dead. I fought all alone without her! You don’t know what this is like!”

“She cared about you, she did. You guys did everything together!”

“And you didn’t even believe it when she told you! If you believed, Hester would still be alive! It’s your fault she’s dead…” the girl looked down as the tears brimmed her eyes and her voice hurt. “…Hester was killed because of you…”

“Hazel…”

“Just shut!” the girl tried to hide her tears. “You weren’t there”

“How could I know if you don’t tell me what happened?”

At that, the Captain switched Hester’s Essence with the red star-shaped one. She let its light engulf them as she glared. “I”LL SHOW YOU!”


Snowdrop entered Hazel and Hester’s room cautiously. She was carrying a bowl of food with two spoons and forks. The duo didn’t seem to acknowledge her presence as Hazel kept brushing Hester’s fur while the Familiar kept drawing in a notebook. Both had a solemn look on their faces.

“Hey, I brought you some rice and egg in case you guys were hungry” she spoke softly, her smile just as kind.

They didn’t respond as they just carried on what they were both doing.

“Okay, I guess I’ll just leave it here then” she placed it on the nightstand beside them.

They didn’t move from where they were.

“Okay, just call if you need anything” she then made her way to the door. She them both one last look before leaving the room.

It was only when she was gone did Hazel speak. “They’re trying too much”

“We’re being distant from them, love”

“I know. It’s just…I miss dad so much…and Spring…and Trey…”

It had been two months since Lauren left and the barrier broke. They tried so hard to repair it, but it didn’t have an anchor to bind to. Without protection, war broke out. Spring and Trey were killed on the battlefield. As if that wasn’t enough, two weeks ago, Shadow Kirby was captured by the Antis. Now, the Partner-Familiar duo only had each other to cling onto for support. Twilight and Snowdrop had them move to the Castle for their protection. Hazel was too depressed to even protest as Hester did her best to not arouse any fear from the trauma of her past.

“We can’t let them get away with it” Hester spoke as she turned around to face her Partner.

The Pegasister knew what that meant. They were part of the war forces as well. But at one point, on the battlefield, Hester had let out her Hidebrit attack and their secret was revealed. That just did them both in. First their siblings, then their father, and now Hester’s secret was revealed. There was nothing to hide anymore.

“We have to stop them, Hest. We have to buy Lauren and Autumn sometime”

“Exactly, Hazy. But you know what it had to be”

The Partner nodded. “No more hiding, huh?”

“No more hiding”


A mad Hysteria in Hidebrit mode tore into one of the Sergeant Antis infront of his troop. They all watched in horror as the young filly killed the adult leader. They tried to flee, but the filly was fast, especially since she could now fly.

Her Essence came out, a magenta heart with a yellow glimmer in the center. She used the Hidebrit one to cause the Antis to levitate in thin air with a yellow aura. They struggled to break free from her bonds. Efforts were futile. Before they knew it, the filly flew right infront of them after lining them up like a war troop. She then dove in and began to kill them mercilessly as she went down the line. The ground was painted with their blood and decorated with their remains.

Hysteria sighed before calming down and splitting back into the two who formed her. The duo staggered a bit, but was alright nonetheless.

“That…went…well…” Hazel breathed out.

“Never thought I’d see you willingly let that form kill”

Hazel then noticed there was something new on her Familiar. “Hest, what’s that?”

The Familiar looked to where she pointing and her eyes widened at what it was. She now had a crack in her left ear. It was shallow and small, but definitely a crack.

“It has begun”


Hazel flinched as another crack appeared on her body. This time, on her cheek. It had been two weeks since she and Hester had begun to use the Hidebrit Gene to kill Antis. They almost always attacked in Hysteria form as that was the only way they could both attack at once. But one time, they attacked in separate form and Hazel learned Butterfly Dodge. This Butterfly Dodge was like her ability to turn into a butterfly, but this time, she turns into a swarm and can reappear in Pegasister form several feet away as it was temporary. It was like teleportation, but it does leave a trial of pink mist.

But that not the main concern. Their constant use of the Hidebrit Gene has led them to gain several cracks in their bodies. They were extremely painful, a price paid for constant use of a highly powerful gene. Originally, it was supposed to be just Hester, but Hazel took on half just to split the pain. Right now, they had an equal amount.

Hazel had cracks in her left arm, right leg, on her forehead, across her left eye, and now the new one on her cheek. Hester had hers on her left ear, base of her right ear, on her left paw, her tail, and two others on her face.

“You alright?” Hazel asked after catching her breath.

“You’re asking if I’m alright? You’re the one who got the newest crack” Hester pointed out.

“I worry more about those with me”


Hysteria screeched as she dove down to catch her targets. She was so close, but they managed to evade her teeth by ducking down at the last minute. She landed with frustration into a trap. She was helpless as the rope had tangled around with her wings and hooves. The duo of Antis smirked as they neared her.

“Finally, we got the massacre killer” one smirked as he reached for his knife.

Inside her mind were Hazel and Hester in the darkness. Hazel struggled to break free as Hester tried to find a way out. Her eyes glimmered when she saw an opportunity.

Hysteria allowed the Gene to activate again as the Antis pointed the gun at her. He shot, but it didn’t reach her. It stopped an inch away from her face. They were surprised at that. But they got frightened once the yellow aura appeared on it. She then grinned when she made it face the other way before letting it go. It shot the Antis right in the head. Her yellow aura then engulfed the gun that he dropped before she made it shoot his partner. She then found their knife and used it to cut herself free.

Only when she was free did she split again. The duo staggered to keep their balance.

Hester bit her lip to avoid whimpering. “My cheek one just got deeper”

The appearance of cracks stopped after the one on Hazel’s cheek appeared. Since then, the only difference was that they got deeper with each use. It hurt a lot, for both.

“How long do you think we keep doing this?” Hazel asked, worried.

“I while, we’ll be alright, Hazy”

They were about to start the trip back when Hester suddenly began to descend from the air. She was surprised at that. She tried to get up and float again, but she couldn’t.

“Hest, what’s wrong?”

“I…I can’t float”


“You were only waiting for this moment to arrive” Hazel sang softly as she lay down in bed with Hester.

This whole battle has taken a dreadful toll on both of them as they tried to buy Lauren time with the attacks of the Hidebrit Gene. Not only were they tired and exhausted, as well as the cracks deepening, but they had to face another fatality. Despite their efforts to slow down the pain process by splitting up the cracks, it still had to take its worse out only on the main carrier.

Hester had lost the ability to float due to weakness and one day, she couldn’t walk anymore. She was now carried around by her Partner. Hysteria was still at full power, but getting tired as well.

“How much longer must we go on, Hest?”

“Just a little more”


Hazel and Hester were out on the battleground. Cracks were now evident on their bodies from the amount of power that was used from the Hidebrit Gene. It was starting to consume them. They glared down at the King of Antis. It focused solely on them, as if the rest of the Fandom side did not exist. He gave a smirk as he knew their current condition. He was mocking them. He knew that with cracks on their beings like that, it would be a miracle if they came out alive.

The duo glared at him, tears from the pain brimming in their eyes. They used already too much in making a barrier that would keep some remaining parts of Wonderland Fandom safe. They had to use it one more time, as Hysteria, to stop the King from having full power. In Hysteria form, it has to be Hester who is in control due to how the Gene resided in her.

Hazel looked down at her Familiar when she remembered what they had to do. Her Familiar was hurting, but willing to risk her life to just buy Lauren a little more time. She couldn’t bear the thought of how it would be once this was over. If this pulls through, they may survive, but Hester will die. This time, for good. It will be the salvation of all for the sacrifice of the one most dear.

She felt the fur of Hester’s paw holding her hand. It was always so soft and fluffy that she sometimes forgot that this was only her Wonderland counterpart. If she dies here, what will her real-life one become? She felt tears spring into her eyes, this time from emotional pain. She didn’t want to lose her. She lost enough family already; she can’t lose the last one she had left.

Hester heard her Partner’s sobbing and looked to her side to see her crying slightly. She was confused as to why.

Hazel then spoke between her sniffles. “Hest, stay with me, please?” she sounded like she was begging. “I can’t lose any more people I’ve loved”

The Familiar looked at her in surprise. She knew what that meant. She was begging her not to die. She looked down as though in making a decision, before closing her eyes and looking back up to her. She gave a faint smile and giggle.

Hazel looked at her in confusion. Why was she happy? She then saw their whole world turn black, meaning one thing: Hester already made them switch to Hysteria form and was now on her way out. She gave her one last word before leaving.

“One more time. I’ll be fine. Sometimes peace is just enough”

And then it all went black.

What she saw after everything went back to normal made her cry.

She soon regained consciousness. Her hand felt her head, and she felt the cracks there were now gone. She wondered why. Wonderland was still hurt and broken, but atleast the King was gone. Where was Hester? She heard a groan, and what she saw horrified her.

Hester lay on the battlefield’s ground. The cracks on her body were now bigger and deeper. She could see her inner essence now, and the Hidebrit Gene peeking out. There was no surviving those cracks. She held her dying Familiar in her hands and began to cry.

“No!” she cried out. “Hester, no! Don’t leave me! Please don’t be the seventh the child in the row!”

The auras of the six former Hidebrits came near them, waiting for the seventh to follow them. Hazel held her closely as though it would prevent her from dying. She didn’t care that her voice hurt or the amount of power that flowed in her. She didn’t want her to die. Without her, she’d be all alone.

She felt a paw wipe a tear off her eyes, and glanced down at the yellow being she held. Hester gave her a smile of someone who was at peace and ready to accept her fate. She spoke in a whisper what may be her last words to her.


Autumn fell out of the vision of memories that Hysteria was giving off using the red Essence. She didn’t want to, whatever was holding it seemed to have been weakening. She looked up to see that Hazel was barely holding herself up. The Essence she held ranged from red star to yellow glimmer. She was biting her lip as she tried to avoid crying.

Autumn wanted to leave from what she saw. She wanted to get out. But this, time, she didn’t. She could feel Hysteria’s emotions through all that. She could feel the loneliness and hurt. She walked up to the Pegasister.

“Go on. Play it out” she spoke to her, cupping her face in her hands. “I’ll be here with you, until the end”

She wasn’t sure if the girl really listened. But the red Essence came again as she let it speak.


“Seven…you have seven...” Hester choked out weakly. The cracks in her body were getting to her.

Hazel knew what it meant if all auras of the seven former bearers of the Hidebrit Gene all gather up, but she didn’t want to have it. She wanted her Familiar.

“Please…Hest…don’t do this…” she pleaded.

“Set them free…you’ll be okay…I’ll be right here in your heart…I’m just sad I won’t see the day of our victory…do it for me, Hazy…”

The Pegasister bit her lip as her tears fell down. Her Familiar was telling her to move on as her dying wish. It was so painful for her to lose her. She was the only family she had left. Spring and Trey were killed and Shadow was kidnapped. Still, she didn’t want to disappoint her Familiar.

“I will carry your soul with me…wherever I go” she promised.

Hester smiled weakly with a weak giggle cut off by a cough. “Hazy…can you…smile, for me?”

Hazel looked at her in surprise. She was asking her to smile for her as she died. She didn’t want to see her sad. “Hest…”

“Please…” she cut her off. “…One last time?”

Hazel felt her tears rise again all the more. She bit her lip before forcing the biggest smile she could muster. “I’m…I’m smiling, Hest”

Her Familiar smiled weakly back at her. “Always be brave…thank you….” Were her last words before her eyes closed as she took her last breath.

Hazel held her smile for as long as she could before it faltered into a cry. She sobbed loudly at her loss. Her cries were so loud that the ones back at the camp could hear her and were now trying to get to her. Along the way back, she didn’t let go of Hester’s body. She carried it all the way. She cried the whole time as others showed their sympathy for her.

Hester had died, and a little part of her died as well.


Hazel carried Hester’s body oh so gently. She was acting as though she were still alive. She didn’t speak to anyone as she went home to where her OCs were. She laid Hester down on the couch, wrapping her in a blanket. It was only by nightfall did the four come home.

“Mom! You’re here!” Bunny cheered.

She looked at them, sadly.

“Hey, why the long face?” Brazy got worried.

She bit her lip. He had to tell them. “You know that your Mother and I love you all, right?”

They all nodded.

“Then you know that what we do is for your good and safety, right?”

“Mom?” Bunochius was uneasy now.

“Where’s Mother?” Bunster asked.

“She had to do something to save us all from doom. And, she…” she felt her tears rise. They were all fully worried now. “Your Mother…she’s not coming back”

They all gasped when they realized what she meant. Hester was dead. Their maker and Mother was dead. They all began to shed tears as they hugged their remaining Mom for support. She did so. She felt her own tears share. It hurt so much, for all of them.

“Mommy…”

“Why to us, Mom?”

“Who did it?! I’ll kill them!”

“Please no…”


Hazel held onto Hester’ paw. Here, bodies don’t rot. But she could still feel how cold she was. She let her stay in the basement downstairs on a table. The kids mourned along with her. Their own anger and pain caused them to change their forms to suit the new environment they were in. They went to see their Mother, but they were heard howling at night to mourn her.

Hazel hadn’t left the house. She stayed and ate every little. She found that the crack in her left eye was still there, but it closed up. It was scar now. Still, if she got angry, it would turn black and tear black tears. She let her hair hide it.

“Hester, you were more than a Familiar to me” Hazel spoke her eulogy. “You were like the sister I never had. You gave up your life for mine and everyone else here. The only thing now is…I don’t know how my life works without you” she sniffled as she wiped her tears. “Goodbye, Hest”

She couldn’t take it. The pain was unbearable. It hurt too much. She didn’t even know where to go on from here. And even if Autumn came back, they lacked a Hidebrit for the barrier. It’s not like she felt she was coming back anyway.

Suddenly, she felt a yellow light infront of her. She opened her eyes to see what it was. It was Hester’ Essence, a yellow glimmer. In it was the Hidebrit Gene. She suddenly felt her hand move on its own. The Essence then came to her hand before it entered her.

She gasped loudly when she felt it in her. She could felt her strength in her. She felt her fangs sharpen as the Gene kicked in. She could feel Hester. She was in her now.

She felt anger in her rise. She knew who was at fault here.

“That low maker…that traitor…that liar…”

She took Hester’s hat off and put it on her own head. “I’ll carry you on, dear. They’ll pay. They’ll all pay!”


Autumn fell out of the vision again, this time because she was let out. She got the idea that it was the last memory. Now she understood why. She felt their pain and sorrow too. It was almost as though she was connected to her.

She looked down to see that Hysteria was holding up barely. Doing it once hurts, but reliving it is much worse.

“You let her die!” the girl yelled. “If it weren’t for you, she would still be here! But no! You didn’t believe, and she died in vain!”

“Hazel, please…”

“Hazel is no more! She died a long time ago, with her Familiar! I’m Hysteria, the Angel of Death!” she then lunged forward and seized Autumn by the throat, pinning her to the wall as they collided.

The woman felt pain in her own throat as she felt her trachea close up on her. Yet, between the still-mad eyes, she could see the reluctance and sadness. She felt that she didn’t want this, but was acting as though she had no choice.

“H-Hazel…this…this isn’t you!” Autumn spoke up. “Stop acting like the cold killer you’re not!”

She then placed a hand up to the Captain’s hair. She went to see the side that was covered by the brown locks. Hysteria was confused, but didn’t move. She then flinched slightly as Autumn moved her hair away from her eye, revealing the teary hazel brown eye hidden.

“There, better now” Autumn smiled kindly when she saw it. “I can see your face completely now. You’re still the same little girl my mom talked about”

She shook a bit. Her hands withdrew from the Princess as she tried to not let her other eye get wet.

“A little grown up now…but I never expected to see you like this. You’re strong and no longer in need of medication. You’ve survived for so long in this apocalypse she left you in. It’s been so long, hasn’t it?”

She sniffled a bit before nodding.

I can’t believe I tried to think that she didn’t exist. Now look at her. She’s tired, hurt, lonely, depressed, grieving, and in pain. She and the others had gone through enough. I should’ve never doubted mom.

She began to sob loudly again. She tried to hide it with her hair as she looked down and wiped off her flowing tears. “Calling me the little weak girl, huh? Now you’re acting as if y-you still c-care, a-and j-just…” she started choking on her tears. “Just stop…please…you’re the reason…all this…happened…you’re the reason…Hester’s dead…you let her die…”

Autumn shut her up by hugging her tightly. Hysteria was stunned and unable to speak. She peeked through her brown locks. It was also right then did the OCs, Typevader, and Snowdrop enter the room.

“If I knew all this would happen…I would’ve stop this! I was upset because I thought it’s what got my mother killed. Now I understand. She wanted to keep you all safe. All those years, and all that pain…Please…Hazel…Bunny…Brazy…Bunochius…Bunster…I’m sorry…forgive me…”

The girl weakly used Butterfly Dodge to get out. “I’ll never forgive you!”

She then switched to the orange lightning bolt and purple bowtie aura to cause their abilities to appear. Autumn had difficulty to doge them both at once. She did her best. She could tell that the use of the auras was now hurting Hazel and it was only a matter of time before she tires out.

She was right. The lightning and thorn attacks became weaker and slower. Then, they just stopped altogether. She turned her attention back to the owner and found that she had collapsed. She had turned back to her Equestria Girl form too. She rushed over to her, worriedly.

“Are you okay?” she picked her up.

“Even all that…I’ve…lost…” she breathed out through her near-sobbing. “You can do to me…whatever you’d like…”

Autumn chuckled. “I’ve told you once, and I’ll keep saying it until you let it be. I want to be your friend, Hazel”

The girl seemed surprised. “Still…even after…all that…hehe…” she laughed weakly.

That was the first time she heard her laugh, and a small smile formed. It wasn’t forced or plastered on, but a genuine smile. The Pegasister then weakly put her hand to the Princess’ cheek.

“You know, I used to hate you…because of what happened…because how you didn’t believe we existed…and that I thought you only cared because of your mother…but now…I believe in you too”

Autumn smiled down at Hazel. “I’m sorry I made you guys wait so long”

“I just forgave you, Sweetheart”